Kiwi Farms Tenth Annual Secret Santa - Posted on the 10th of November

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Distributor is probably American, it likely isn't Sunday for them yet. Be patient bro
What are you talking about? It's a few hours away from being Monday in America, also my DM's are open and I haven't gotten anything yet.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
This is making the timing kinda tight since there's only one weekend before Christmas now.
Same. I would typically work on this on a weekend morning. I know it's probably a lot to go through and I guess they're just copy-pasting things from the thread into a DM rather than some quick Python script that spits it all out or something? I don't know. But it's getting close for anyone who isn't super-talented (me) but still wants to make something nice.

The Last Stand

Glamorous Summertime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haven't received anything yet either, dm's should be open, haven't touched that option and received some before.

So uhhh.... It ain't Sunday anymore, I work in the service industry and everyday passed is getting closer to me not being able to participate. I really want to but work is about to get really hectic. Please try and get it out by end of today or I will have to repectfuly drop out.

Same. I would typically work on this on a weekend morning. I know it's probably a lot to go through and I guess they're just copy-pasting things from the thread into a DM rather than some quick Python script that spits it all out or something? I don't know. But it's getting close for anyone who isn't super-talented (me) but still wants to make something nice.
The spreadsheets are taking longer than expected, and that's on account on pulling an all-nighter. I know you guys don't want excuses, but you are owed an explanation.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
I think this kind of thing needs to be announced in early November, and closed in very early december......just for future reference.
I'm sure others have the skill to do this but if it's useful I volunteer to create a tiny little Santa Sign-Up bot that people can fill out and it will create assignments and spit them out. Could have it work in batches so that once a certain threshold is reached it does a batch then people can get started even if it's still the sign-up period. Or Hell, I just volunteer to be a straight up assistant next year and muck in if another pair of hands will help.

MerriedxReldnahc

International Man of Pancakes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or Hell, I just volunteer to be a straight up assistant next year and muck in if another pair of hands will help.
We definitely needed more people on the distribution end!

Myself, @The Last Stand and @Sammy have all been hauling ass to get our lists out but it was a huge batch of signups this year and we're being cucked by the three-minute cooldown between messages. If I had remembered ahead of time I would have personally mailed Null a cash bribe to remove it, lol. My list has all been sent out but I'll be sending out messages to Spirit-Bots soon since we already need a few.

If anyone is running low on time and needs to drop out, let any of us know either now or when you get your PM so we can find a Spirit-Bot.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Glamorous Summertime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Myself, @The Last Stand and @Sammy have all been hauling ass to get our lists out but it was a huge batch of signups this year and we're being cucked by the three-minute cooldown between messages. If I had remembered ahead of time I would have personally mailed Null a cash bribe to remove it, lol. My list has all been sent out but I'll be sending out messages to Santa-Bots soon since we already need a few.
Okay! Anybody looking to help out with distribution, please let one of us know! Your service will be greatly appreciated.

Being Santa isn't easy. Especially as a college student.

Sammy

Exhibits no Islamic behavior once given McNuggets
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ATTENTION: OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM MANAGEMENT

TL;DR Version:
Please be patient, we have autism.

L;R Version with details:

The Management apologizes for service delays in your Secret Santa proceedings. The Management is not to blame for any of this, nor are any of The Management's decisions in staffing, nor do we blame any oversight The Management may have made in delivery speeds combined with the anti-message spam systems put into place on the forum. Instead, we blame The Virus, and all those damned elves that demanded higher wages and more bathroom breaks during working hours.

In compensation, The Management has made the executive, one time decision to extend the "no penalty drop out" date to December 25th, and the final delivery date to January 1st for this year's Secret Santa proceedings to allow participants more time to prepare their gifts. The Management apologizes for any frustration this change in scheduling may have caused.

If there are any participants who would like to short term enslave themselves to The Management and assist in delivery, please contact The Management @The Last Stand, @MerriedxReldnahc, or @Sammy to apply and be considered as elf replacement.

In closing, The Management understands the frustrations this has caused, and promise "to do better in the future®." The Management has prepared this message to hopefully ease these frustrations, and respond to the outpouring of exasperated participants:

"Your letter has been read fully, and your thoughts have been inputed and accepted for better improvement. Thank you for your time and efforts."

Thank you for your patience, and have a Merry Christmas; your messages shall be delivered soon. We're workin' on it.

-The Management.

Samoyed

lol im god
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ATTENTION: OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM MANAGEMENT

TL;DR Version:
Please be patient, we have autism.

L;R Version with details:

The Management apologizes for service delays in your Secret Santa proceedings. The Management is not to blame for any of this, nor are any of The Management's decisions in staffing, nor do we blame any oversight The Management may have made in delivery speeds combined with the anti-message spam systems put into place on the forum. Instead, we blame The Virus, and all those damned elves that demanded higher wages and more bathroom breaks during working hours.

In compensation, The Management has made the executive, one time decision to extend the "no penalty drop out" date to December 25th, and the final delivery date to January 1st for this year's Secret Santa proceedings to allow participants more time to prepare their gifts. The Management apologizes for any frustration this change in scheduling may have caused.

If there are any participants who would like to short term enslave themselves to The Management and assist in delivery, please contact The Management @The Last Stand, @MerriedxReldnahc, or @Sammy to apply and be considered as elf replacement.

In closing, The Management understands the frustrations this has caused, and promise "to do better in the future®." The Management has prepared this message to hopefully ease these frustrations, and respond to the outpouring of exasperated participants:

"Your letter has been read fully, and your thoughts have been inputed and accepted for better improvement. Thank you for your time and efforts."

Thank you for your patience, and have a Merry Christmas; your messages shall be delivered soon. We're workin' on it.

-The Management.
tyvm mr sammy. very accommodating

Sammy

Exhibits no Islamic behavior once given McNuggets
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MINOR MANAGEMENT UPDATE FROM THE MANAGEMENT:

At this point, The Management has confirmed over 2/3rds of the list has been completed, and the final third is being sent as this update is posted, with some additional elves chained to their desks happily working without complaint of their own free will to finish the final third. It is The Management's understanding a majority of this last third of the list has been completed, though the numbers are being double checked before updating the figures publicly, as well as making adjustments for drop outs and errors made from the random assignment generator.

While The Management makes no time-frame promises The Management will be held accountable to, if you do not receive your pairing within 36 hours, please message directly one of the members of The Management and the elf responsible for your pairing delivery will be brutally tortured with a whip oversight will be corrected.

Str8Bustah

Old Beaky :^)
kiwifarms.net
Sorry that I'm pulling out as late as I am but given that we only have 4 days to come up with something and I haven't even managed to sort out presents for all of my relatives yet, I'm going to have to abandon ship.

Sorry for leaving it this late but with the standards of work I set for myself there's literally no way I'm getting anything done by the due date that I'm going to be proud of.