• Please, fellas, be sure to wear a bra!

Kiwi Farms: The Animated SeriesI multi-episode series based on the farms

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by CephalopodEnthusiast, Oct 7, 2018.

1. The style I had in mind has clean lineart. Frames will be done in paint tool sai- not too detailed, but cartoony.

Sample sketches:

Molly's design

molly cleaning her glasses.png

Molly and Isadora

molly and isadora test.png

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Can you draw some lolcow caricatures since they will eventually have to inhabit your universe anyways? I'd like to see secretgamergirl in a coolie hat crying while zoe quinn points and laughs drawn in this style. If zoe quinn could be holding a leash with a bulldog with the head of ian miles cheong with the other hand that would be even better.

• Like Like x 2
    homonculus

homonculus Please let me go back to hell
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. That’s pretty good. It’s too good to waste on us.

• Feels Feels x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of spooky werewolves
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I thought you were joking you really don't have to waste your time on us

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Vrakks

Vrakks If you do not give into my demans.... TOO LATE!!!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I love dramatic irony. Make sure to work in a little dramatic irony.

• Agree Agree x 3
    J A N D E K

J A N D E K I’ll be your mirror. Reflect what you are.

kiwifarms.net
  6. I want Jon Benjamin as my voice actor.

• Like Like x 2
    drtoboggan

drtoboggan Please, call me Mantis.

kiwifarms.net
  7. make my character a comic relief character that gets abused and treated like shit all the time

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dink Smallwood

Dink Smallwood cursed fairy

kiwifarms.net
  8. This sounds like an ambitious project and I'm liking the style. Keep it simple and fun and don't overwork yourself!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    FierceBrosnan

FierceBrosnan Gettin too dead for this shit.

kiwifarms.net
  9. I just want to say that if you're going to put most of us in it, any of us who have anything Toei-related in their names and/or avatars needs to be changed a bit unless you want Toei beating you over the head with copyright claims. Or hell, just to be on the safe side, do thinly-veiled anime parody avatars in their place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Wearing the skin of a dead friend.

kiwifarms.net
  10. I really like your art style and I can't wait to see how this project turns out. I've tweaked your design just a bit because I think this would really get the average kiwi interested.
    upload_2018-10-11_15-36-47.png

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Smutley

Smutley Kill Count: 2
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. >trying to appeal to the average kiwi
    >not adding a penis

• Winner Winner x 6
    • DRINK DRINK x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of spooky werewolves
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Of course! Almost every episode is going to feature lolcows- not limited to outside the forum, kiwis who are cows will also be featured. Chris Chan, the Slaton sisters, A-log, Zoe Quinn, Brianna Wu, you name it. In fact, if people want to see someone get featured, suggest it in this thread and I'll include it.

Threads will be one of the main features of the series. They're going to be like meetings anyone can join. Kiwis who say idiotic things in those meetings (like me) get ridiculed and downvoted. Those who make quality "posts" get high ratings.

Actually, yeah, that's a good idea. I can change the title from Drama Forum to something better if people want.

I was planning to call Kiwi Farms Mango Shack in the series. The creator will be called Void and be similar to Null (unless he's okay with being featured in the series as he is).

Kiwis will be drawn as plain figures with rudimentary features, like stickmen, that have masks of their avatars. Usernames will also be modified (i.e CephalopodEnthusiast becomes SquidManiac, for example). This way, copyright issues can be avoided. Mods and kiwis who are well known in the community appear as their avatars, though. As stated, they get special perks- like expensive rooms in luxury apartments.

Glad you approve. I've also done sketches for Erwin and Fawcett's character designs, which I will post soon.

Molly's going to wear a white "bunny ears" headband in the final product. Like this:

[​IMG]

For sure. Gotta have sex appeal. /shot

Molly's supposed to be dumpy and plain-looking, though. Isadora was designed to be a promiscuous, attractive latina, so if you're going to sexualize any of the characters go with her. Humorously enough, Izzy actually does have big tits.

Molly's not my self-insert, lol. She's a boring, nerdy goody-two-shoes. Who would identify as that?

This is my self insert.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 2
    #112 CephalopodEnthusiast, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Honestly you sound like you're just making the Snark forums or whatever the heck the mainly girl forum that makes fun of bridezillas and crazy-for-baby ladies is called more than the farms.

Mainly because you need more alcoholics given the average level of drunkenness experienced, at least two thirds of the cast must be autistic or have some brain disorder given what the hell site we are, and pretty much more dudes since this place has more guys than gals (but still quite a few of the latter).

As for "Antagonists", I'd probably use any cow you want. Given what you seem to be making, probably something from the beauty parlor section or Tumblr. Maybe a Billy Labelle, maybe a Pixiteri. Have a crazy fat Brit (who is not Sam, but is named Dan Cherwood Smitts), as the true villain and wallah, you have the basic elements for a one season wonder.

Also at least you're using the older CalArts model that bootlegs Avatar. It's a step up from the current trash.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Adamska

Adamska The World's Gone too Soft
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I thought the girl forum was /cgl/.

That's an in-joke. Whenever I went on that part of 4chan, people would always refer to it as the "girl board".

Considering cows are mentally exceptional spergs by default, that's going to be the part of the forum that has the most 'tism. They'll serve as minor antagonists, but Fawcett's the main one. And that's a good idea- I could feature Dan Cherwood Smitts as another villain, with an appearance similar to Dan Backslide.

There's a "lost woods" section that users will be forced to live in when they get the strike-through. That's where all the rejects go.

Actually, yeah... my style isn't that great. I'm almost kind of afraid to show some of the character designs because of that. There are going a lot of male characters, on that note. I made the protagonist female not to create a self insert, but simply because that's what you wouldn't expect from a show like this. Most kiwis would make the protagonist a boy. I went with something different.

kiwifarms.net
  15. I'd have made the protagonist an overworked and alcoholic mod who works a night shift at Denny's and essentially hates his life as he has to manage the horrid animals that make up this webzone. It'd be in the style of noir if I could be bothered to do it. The trick though is to have it be utterly straight-faced even then, since intentional comedy is hard to do and it's just better to do it straight-laced. Kind of like the Elmer Fudd v. Batman comic where they do it utterly straight, even as the whole thing is narrated by Fudd, spweech pwoblem and all.

• Like Like x 3
    Adamska

Adamska The World's Gone too Soft
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Hey, I bet you could write this yourself. I really like that idea for a protagonist. Want to help me with character designs?

Admittedly, Molly's kind of a dull main character. She was heavily based on Goldia, the mc of Pocket Mirror, so that's where her boring goody-two-shoes nature comes from. Her hair is red, and her outfit is relatively plain.

Goldia's_Profile.png

Isadora contrasts with Molly, being someone who wears makeup and isn't socially awkward. She was based on Ana Lucia, from LOST. That's where her general character comes from. Her hair is black, and she wears a lot of purple.

Ana_lucia.jpg

Erwin's already the "habitually depressed, overworked" type, which I believe you were going for. He smokes cigarettes and dresses like a delinquent. He's also under a lot of stress and appears haggard due to nearly everyone on the farms disliking him.

He was based on Lisette, and Keith Baring. His design was practically taken from the former... he's kind of like a male version of her, with blonde hair and all. A bit effeminate, and introverted. Cruel.

Lisette's_Profile.png

[​IMG]

I might as well give a description for Fawcett while I'm at it. His first name is Dominic, but he goes by his surname. He's this obnoxious, stuck up guy with slicked-back brown hair who's popular with the ladies. A bit overweight. He deliberately wears bright colors that clash and flashy accessories, like ladder shades. A genuine prick who makes you wonder how he got to be so loved.

He was inspired by Dorian Grey. Not really in appearance, but personality.

str2_booked0110_LEADPIC_ma_1-e1507110946461-770x470 (1).jpg

• Autistic Autistic x 3
    #116 CephalopodEnthusiast, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Oh yeah, what're you going to do with the furry members?

• Like Like x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Wearing the skin of a dead friend.

kiwifarms.net
  18. Nobody is going to sue your autistic cartoon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    O'Shagnasty

O'Shagnasty bad person
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:story::story::story:

Null asked me to change the names in one of the first posts on this thread. I guess you missed it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  20. The best part is that if this takes off and starts making money, etc, you'll probably get doxed.
    Sounds like a fun concept, but it's not practical to execute.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Splendid Meat Sticks

Splendid Meat Sticks If you scan my avatar, you will be enlightened.
    True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.