Kiwi Miner Episode VII: The Empire Strikes Back -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Begemot

Take a vacay, babe/Take it straight to bone town.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The miner still doesn't seem to work for me from the top bar. If I open the IFRAME in its own window everything works as expected in that frame, and the cookies seem to work - if I close then reopen the separate window it remembers my mining %.
It's not just a UI thing either, I have it cranked up to 100% for testing but when I don't have any dedicated mining windows open I don't see any CPU usage. Disabling all adblocks and such doesn't seem to help either.
You've tried all the different browsers, yeah?

Gullik

False and Dishonest
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see everyone working together for the Common Goal, comrades. Except for traitor Furryfox browser which just shows NaNhps even with Adblock disabled. Maybe I need to switch to Chrome.

EDIT: Looks like the real reason was Avast in case anyone else is having the same problem. You just need to exclude the URL from browsing protection.

Last edited:

Von Clausewitz

*Erotic Saxophone Music*
kiwifarms.net
Does it have to process entire chunks of data or something? Even if I set it to 0% it still eats up resources.

Kiwi Jeff

Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I noticed that I'm not getting as high hps as I was with the previous version of the miner. Is there any reason for that? For reference, I was getting about 140 before, but now I'm getting 100. I'm not too worried about it, but I was just wondering if this was something on my end or not.

I browse KiwiFarms through Firefox because I don't actually remember my email address or password to re-login, and the miner doesn't work in Firefox, so...

1323207125001.png

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
The miner still doesn't seem to work for me from the top bar. If I open the IFRAME in its own window everything works as expected in that frame, and the cookies seem to work - if I close then reopen the separate window it remembers my mining %.
It's not just a UI thing either, I have it cranked up to 100% for testing but when I don't have any dedicated mining windows open I don't see any CPU usage. Disabling all adblocks and such doesn't seem to help either.
Do you see any data in the f12 menu?

Does it have to process entire chunks of data or something? Even if I set it to 0% it still eats up resources.
Shouldn't be doing anything at 0. Any console output?

Hen in a tie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm stupid but can the miner work even if I go idle between other tabs? Because I can leave KF running in the background while I work.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'll leave it on while I'm away at work, if it helps. You don't have to be actively browsing the site for it work, right?
As long as the computer doesn't hibernate.

I'm stupid but can the miner work even if I go idle between other tabs? Because I can leave KF running in the background while I work.
Correct. Just have the tab open.

Normally I'd just block cryptocurrency miners, but for the Farms I'll be Null's shekel slut.
Uguu

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure there's some profound or "unique" statement to be made on the current politics of the internet and world forcing Null to become Mr. Shekelstein and use a miner to keep the website alive, but fuck it -- I'm just here to laugh at stupid people.

Take my :gold: Mr. Moonstein.

DildoGaggins

Autismo Magnifico
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably a dumb question, but does the miner still run if my computer is running it's screensaver?