Kiwi Tunes - Songs Made By Farmers

Adolf Honkler

https://riot.kiwifarms.net happening room for news
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else make music? I've recently started to try my hand at it and have liked it a lot. I tried to see if I could find a thread of people posting their own stuff but i didn't see any (moderators please move this if its already a thread) , so I figured why not just see if there are other cool musicians on the site. I'm a total newbie to music myself but I am working on this track right now and felt like sharing, more about it at the bottom of the thread along with the mp3.

I've made this little list of resources and I've had some other people help me in adding to it, if you have any resources to share please feel free to add to it as the document is fully collaborative. there's a small section where I thanked a user for sharing his own list of resources and websites so if you add something please feel free to also add your own name in a way that makes sense, I am appreciative to anyone who adds to it so just take my own words and alter them as it makes sense or add a line below it saying your name and let me know and I'll add it myself so it doesnt seem as weird lmao. The document is organized as well as I can do it, it kinda changes as I go so feel free to make some suggestions, perhaps a section at the end titled "proposed document changes" or "meta notes" or something would be the best way to handle that, idk, I'm open to ideas and don't care how it is handled as long as I can refer to it and others can as well.

There's lots of different stuff on there and a large focus is on keeping stuff FREE so if you have wanted to try to make music before but think it would cost you money take a look because it's really easy these days to find something semi workable for you for free or with very little introductory costs. I'm obviously not trying to encourage illegally torrenting in the list just cause these programs take money to evolve but I get that some people do that, so if you want to share that please just make a new resource document like this one and share it here and I could link to it here in this post as well so that people could find it easier.

Anyways, about the song I have posted here, I took the audio of that kid and his mommwhere she caught him jacking it and he says it was a computer virus and his pants fell down and i sampled that and some spongebob shit about ripped pants together and i did a few of my own little stupid vocal samples and used the wilhelm scream and it sounds pretty funny to me, hope you enjoy it if you take a moment to listen to it, it's just about 2 minutes so it's not too long or anyways, I haven't gotten good enough to make something with any real consistency or structure tbh

Attachments

Last edited:

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
How cheep do your pants have to be to rip them easily?

If they get snagged on something sharp that's one thing, but...

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Adolf Honkler

Female Cartoon Avatar

Totally a woman
kiwifarms.net
I make stuff and throw it out most of the time but I was listening to the "Internet Juche" stream Josh did and I made a nothing wrong with doxing song out of some of it. Even though this thread is kinda dead I figured I'd post it since no one else on earth would get it. Not my first track but it is the first song I've felt was good enough to release (even though it's kinda clipping and sloppily EQ'd).

Holy crap this ripped pants song is incredible. I wish I could get my stuff to feel like it's all got it's own spot in the mix like that. The verb on that main instrument is *kisses fingers* Mwah! The samples are funny and I kinda want to do some stuff like that but I can only use samples like a shitty remix artist would at this point.

EDIT: added an mp3 to the post if you don't want to use soundcloud and I got so caught up in being a shill I forgot to talk about the OP in the first place.

Attachments

Last edited:

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
I make stuff and throw it out most of the time but I was listening to the "Internet Juche" stream Josh did and I made a nothing wrong with doxing song out of some of it. Even though this thread is kinda dead I figured I'd post it since no one else on earth would get it. Not my first track but it is the first song I've felt was good enough to release (even though it's kinda clipping and sloppily EQ'd).

Holy crap this ripped pants song is incredible. I wish I could get my stuff to feel like it's all got it's own spot in the mix like that. The verb on that main instrument is *kisses fingers* Mwah! The samples are funny and I kinda want to do some stuff like that but I can only use samples like a shitty remix artist would at this point.

EDIT: added an mp3 to the post if you don't want to use soundcloud and I got so caught up in being a shill I forgot to talk about the OP in the first place.
I think your sampling was good in the song you posted, its mixed well and it leads into/aligns with dynamic shifts in the song very well. It's got a good feel that supports the sampling narrative over just the song which for something like this is what you would want to accomplish. The outro was also well executed

Female Cartoon Avatar

Totally a woman
kiwifarms.net
I think your sampling was good in the song you posted, its mixed well and it leads into/aligns with dynamic shifts in the song very well. It's got a good feel that supports the sampling narrative over just the song which for something like this is what you would want to accomplish. The outro was also well executed
Oh my god. Thank you. I'm kinda self conscious about my work and it means a lot to hear anything good about it.

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
One of my friends and i just made a little DSP remix for fun lmao (it also samples some horns from Bad Head by Blur)
I like this and if you go anywhere else with this, maybe try to work in some samples from Britney Spears Toxic, I think it could work well.

Reactions: Joey Caruso

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully I dont get insta-banned again for sharing, but I figured, "hey, why not share something I made for fun?" So, I hope you enjoy!
I don't think that theres been any bans for participation in the thread, perhaps in the past there were more stringent rules against self-created content and promotion? I'm honestly not sure, I'm kind of new to the forum myself, I just wondered if other people here did any production and thought I'd post this thread and there's been no moderation note, while many of my other threads have had very responsive moderation action taken on them [always a positive and never a negative moderation experience here, actually very surprised as a user], so I can only assume this thread has been given a pass.

I enjoyed that tune, pretty downtempo and minimal, very relaxing.

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always thought it'd be kind of cool if one of the more musically-inclined Kiwis wrote some leitmotifs for individual forum members. Like, if one had the know-how and the talent, you could even have certain musical styles that fit specific forum users.

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
I always thought it'd be kind of cool if one of the more musically-inclined Kiwis wrote some leitmotifs for individual forum members. Like, if one had the know-how and the talent, you could even have certain musical styles that fit specific forum users.
Mmmm, as I'm more of a noob than others, any particular user you have in mind and any particular style of song you envision? it's a funny idea regardless

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mmmm, as I'm more of a noob than others, any particular user you have in mind and any particular style of song you envision? it's a funny idea regardless
Well, I'd include a lot of the prolific staff such as Null, Cosmos, Randall Fragg, and so on, and more prolific regulars past and present such as Dynastia (RIP) and AnOminous

If I had my own theme song, I'd imagine it to be a bluegrass-styled tune or something similar to it.

Female Cartoon Avatar

Totally a woman
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'd include a lot of the prolific staff such as Null, Cosmos, Randall Fragg, and so on, and more prolific regulars past and present such as Dynastia (RIP) and AnOminous

If I had my own theme song, I'd imagine it to be a bluegrass-styled tune or something similar to it.
I think "theme-song-ing" any part of the farms would be a beautiful part of farms culture. Any vibe you feel when indulging in farms culture is a perfectly valid vibe to express. As a matter of fact if I was given a greatest hits task of some users I could come up with themes or tracks based on them. This place is diverse enough to warrant it. I used to try and make themes for everything!

People from Chris to null and Simba lion to Justin RPG. I could try at least. I love the farms. I imagine a fat bass driven song for Amberlynn and a Chubby bassful song with annoying higher pitch stings for chantal!!!!

In community terms I only know a few folks from Lily Peet's thread but given enough examples I can create medlies(?) for any user.

Imagine something like themes from the game Borderlands. I'd take that route because I love the farms in that way.

TL;DR Diversity is our strength

Reactions: Syaoran Li

cumdungeon

kiwifarms.net
Glad someone made a thread for original music, always nice to find other musicians. I highly recommend FIDLAR, The Frights, SWMRS, and Wavves if you're into low-production punk kind of stuff.

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
Glad someone made a thread for original music, always nice to find other musicians. I highly recommend FIDLAR, The Frights, SWMRS, and Wavves if you're into low-production punk kind of stuff.

Checking out the bandcamp right now. Do you like Nobunny?

edit: Wachusett gives me a vibe like I'm listening to Skeggs

Last edited:
Tags
None