Kiwi Tunes - Songs Made By Farmers

Exfurminatus Now

Give me Liberty, or at least a back rub...
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to post my stuff but its telling me my files dont have an allowed extension. I dont know what that means so I guess im fucked.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Adolf Honkler

Adolf Honkler

https://riot.kiwifarms.net happening room for news
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to post my stuff but its telling me my files dont have an allowed extension. I dont know what that means so I guess im fucked.
What format are they in, .wav? Try to convert them to mp3, that's the format of all the other files in the thread.

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
It works now?
Yeah I can see the file now just fine. Your rhythm is good but I would say spend a bit more time mixing your vocal track to fit the rest of the atmosphere of the song a little better because right now it's a bit too sharp of a contrast between the vocal track and the beat.

Exfurminatus Now

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I can see the file now just fine. Your rhythm is good but I would say spend a bit more time mixing your vocal track to fit the rest of the atmosphere of the song a little better because right now it's a bit too sharp of a contrast between the vocal track and the beat.
Tbh it's just converted from a youtube video I made with my cellphone, singing over the beat playing through computer speakers lol. Zero mixing at all.

• Feels

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
Tbh it's just converted from a youtube video I made with my cellphone, singing over the beat playing through computer speakers lol. Zero mixing at all.
There's lots of good free software for mixing, audacity is really easy to use. I would do something like download the song using something like youtube-dl, pull that file into audacity and then record in audacity on a separate track and start adding effects on just the vocal track.

Reactions: Exfurminatus Now

Exfurminatus Now

kiwifarms.net
There's lots of good free software for mixing, audacity is really easy to use. I would do something like download the song using something like youtube-dl, pull that file into audacity and then record in audacity on a separate track and start adding effects on just the vocal track.
The first step is getting a functional computer to run such a program. I've used audacity though, and it is pretty good for broke fucks like me to lay shit down.

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
I agree with honkler on the whole mixing thing. As well as needing a good rig to record stuff, I use a cheap asus laptop I got for Christmas a while ago and audacity for recording from things (hell, I use it to edit tracks I do on other things, it's pretty good.) But other than that, the track sounds good, just get the backing track, put it into audacity, and record your vocals in audacity and mix it out for a more clearer sound.

As for me, between holidays and lack of drive, (part of my mental health issues) I've been editing down my concept album for a game that will most likely never be made. For the meantime, I hope you enjoy this track, a beat I made all the way back in 2009 on the rhythm daw for playstation portable, called tricks-b-treatin'

Attachments

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I've been making music for over a decade. At first it was just me dicking around with "MTV Music Generator" for the PS1, but ever since I found out in 2008 they had a PC version, i bought it and kept spitting out tune after tune. Now-a-days I use LMMS to make my stuff and it's exclusively remixes/mashups of other songs because i enjoy making those more than original works.

Below are the latest few remixes I've done

Attachments

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
I've written, produced and sold my own music. Can't share any of it here because I would be doxing myself (I'm not a rock star or anything but my music does have a fanbase and they know who I am). I might make some music just for the Farms at some point, if Autism needed a national anthem. I can also give feedback on mixes etc. if anyone wants.

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
SSF2T, I like your stuff :) might be due to me being a little bias on electronic music but still, very good.

I've been kinda... ehh music-wise due to mental stuffs, but I have finished an album for a game that will probably never get made, was more of a pet project. But for today, I give you one of my sample based projects because I like doing that, it helps with the mental. Enjoy :)

Attachments

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
SSF2T, I like your stuff :) might be due to me being a little bias on electronic music but still, very good.
Thanks. It's always good to hear when someone likes my stuff :) Especially since it's very rare, as the majority of complaints is "your shit sounds too generic". This started with OCReMix, when way back in the 2000's you were considered a celebrity if you got your stuff hosted on that site. Even though they say your submissions might take time before they get listened to/rated, my shit always got rejected immediately. I took a listen to your tune... does the game involve being on some sort of drug trip cause that's the vibe I get from it, lol (not meant as a diss, I think its pretty cool). Also I'm completely with you on the whole "bias on electronic music" thing, I grew up listening to 90's dance, so Dance/Techno/Trance/Electronica/House is mostly my thing not only for creating, but listening as well. It breaks my hear whenever a classic from the 90's gets raped by mainstream music (the latest one I've heard is "Black Eyed Peas, J Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)"... its sooooooo shit!!!)

Anyways, some more recent stuff.

Attachments

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
Thanks. It's always good to hear when someone likes my stuff :) Especially since it's very rare, as the majority of complaints is "your shit sounds too generic". This started with OCReMix, when way back in the 2000's you were considered a celebrity if you got your stuff hosted on that site. Even though they say your submissions might take time before they get listened to/rated, my shit always got rejected immediately. I took a listen to your tune... does the game involve being on some sort of drug trip cause that's the vibe I get from it, lol (not meant as a diss, I think its pretty cool). Also I'm completely with you on the whole "bias on electronic music" thing, I grew up listening to 90's dance, so Dance/Techno/Trance/Electronica/House is mostly my thing not only for creating, but listening as well. It breaks my hear whenever a classic from the 90's gets raped by mainstream music (the latest one I've heard is "Black Eyed Peas, J Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)"... its sooooooo shit!!!)

Anyways, some more recent stuff.
The music I posted was not from the video game in question lol, but thank you for the complement :) and yes, I agree with how modern acts can (and most likely will) usually rape classics from the 90's, it's a major reason why I dont like listening to modern pop music that often. The stuff you posted is very good :) I just cant help but like the style you use.

Now, this track is from that game in question, the main thing was I used what is known as single cycle waveforms in order to make wavetable synths (it's a bit complicated to explain in text, but easily researched) so enjoy

Attachments

An Sionnach Seang

Justin Bieber shit's like a cat!
kiwifarms.net
this spacey trippy album is one of my greatest achievements, particularly the last five minutes of track 4:
I also do plenty of gloomy dark ambient stuff, mostly inspired by Nurse With Wound, Lustmord and Lull, check it out:

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
this spacey trippy album is one of my greatest achievements, particularly the last five minutes of track 4:
I also do plenty of gloomy dark ambient stuff, mostly inspired by Nurse With Wound, Lustmord and Lull, check it out:
I had a listen to a few, and they're pretty good, I can imagine some of them being in a video game that focused on atmosphere, even though I'm not a major listener to atmospheric type music on a regular, it's still good :)

As of posting this message, I have created a new song less than 2 hours ago, I got bored and thought "...why not sample dial-up tones?" And so, I did. If I was to redo today's creation, it would be to make a custom drum track (drums courtesy of Honey Drippers' impeach the president) but I hope you all enjoy :)

Attachments

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had a listen to a few, and they're pretty good, I can imagine some of them being in a video game that focused on atmosphere, even though I'm not a major listener to atmospheric type music on a regular, it's still good :)

As of posting this message, I have created a new song less than 2 hours ago, I got bored and thought "...why not sample dial-up tones?" And so, I did. If I was to redo today's creation, it would be to make a custom drum track (drums courtesy of Honey Drippers' impeach the president) but I hope you all enjoy :)
fire dude. Love the synths.

I am trying the cheapo mic i have since my chord bag went missing and I cant hook anything up

Attachments

Reactions: Syn_32

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
fire dude. Love the synths.

I am trying the cheapo mic i have since my chord bag went missing and I cant hook anything up
Thanks :) just listened to your file and it's beautiful (a bit hard to hear, but I understand that's more a mic issue than anything else) I wish I can play acoustic, but I cant easily play it (lack of coordination in the hands)

Anyway, I finally recorded a bunch of older stuff to cassette (I cant help it, I just love the format because I grew up with tapes) and the track uploaded here... is NOT from those cassettes. It's a track I made after listening to Russell greer's horrid song about not getting Taylor's swift, and there is lyrics but to save your ears, I have omitted my lyrics from this song (I hate my voice) so enjoy :)

Attachments

Reactions: SickNastyBastard

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks :) just listened to your file and it's beautiful (a bit hard to hear, but I understand that's more a mic issue than anything else) I wish I can play acoustic, but I cant easily play it (lack of coordination in the hands)

Anyway, I finally recorded a bunch of older stuff to cassette (I cant help it, I just love the format because I grew up with tapes) and the track uploaded here... is NOT from those cassettes. It's a track I made after listening to Russell greer's horrid song about not getting Taylor's swift, and there is lyrics but to save your ears, I have omitted my lyrics from this song (I hate my voice) so enjoy :)
Thx bby, I wish I had my recording setup. Dude, this track reminds me of Earthbound. What kind of daw do you use?

Reactions: Syn_32

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
Surprisingly it was made with real synths (because I like synths). If I am correct, I used a Korg r3, a novation BassStation mk1 as my synths, and an e-mu esi-32 for drum triggering (I use genome midi on an ipad 2 for the sequencing of everything)

ETA: I also use beatmaker 2 on my ipad 2 for wavetable synths and a umc404hd for recording instruments and audacity for recording said audio

Last edited:
Tags
None