1 can pork and beans
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can ranch style beans
½ cup of ketchup
½ cup of barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
dash of pepper

Brown the ground beef in a skillet; drain off excess drippings. Place beef in a crock pot. Brown bacon and onions; drain. Add bacon, onions, and remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir together well. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2 hours.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
This is a bit involved, but it's a great use of leftover pork roast

2 tbsp oil
3 cups finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 lb. raw shrimp, cleaned, deveined, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped mung bean sprouts (fresh if at all possible)
1 cup finely chopped lean cooked pork (if you're using a pork roast, marinate it in teriyaki for 45 minutes to an hour)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sherry
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water

Heat oil in wok. Add celery and mushrooms. Stirfry about one minute. Add shrimp. Continue to stirfry until shrimp are firm and pink. Add bean sprouts and pork. Stir to blend. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, and dissolved cornstarch. Remove from heat and cool before using.

My family has found that letting the filling sit overnight on a shallow plate or pan allows the flavors to mix better and tastes better overall.

Add about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of filling to the eggroll wrapper, fold and roll it, and use a bit of flour mixed with water brushed on the corner left exposed to seal them. Then fry until they're brown and crisp.

The chopping is a bitch, and if you don't like celery you'll hate this. But as I'm pretty meh on cabbage I love this version.

Last edited:
Reactions: instythot

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tonight's dinner was the result of me trying to figure out what to do with some stew meat that was in the freezer that didn't involve more trips to the grocery store than absolutly needed. I've also got a huge bag of masa that needed to be dipped into. So now I present to you:

APOCOLYPSE POSOLE aka Posole De La "Rona"

You will need:
-Whatever dried chiles you have on hand, I had 4 anchos left and used 4 arbols. Guajillo is also a good choice, I use it in my regular posole. The recipe I use calls for cascabel as well which I've not had luck finding.
- bit o' corn oil
- 1 lb of whatever meat you have on hand or are storing in the freezer. We had beef stew meat. Pork is the best. It is the apocalypse, you could try squirrel. They're getting nice and fat right now.
- one small onion or half a medium one depending on how oniony you are.
- 3 garlic cloves
-A can of garbanzo beans you found in the cupboard. I'm not risking my life just to get hominy.
- 1 tbp of cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
-A lot of water. 8 cups maybe? I didn't use quite enough tonight and the posole reduced more than I would have liked.
- salt n' peppa

First off, prepare your chiles by cutting of the stems, and removing the seeds. Cut them up into pieces and place them into a bowl of hot water to soak for a bit. Meanwhile, add oil to a dutch oven (or other big-ass pot) and heat on medium. Toss in your chopped onions and garlic to brown, before adding in whatever meat you came across. While that's all browning, take your now-softened chiles and place them in a blending device with a bit of that soaking water, and blend until well-pureed. When taking off the lid you should be assulted with a cloud of chile steam right into your eyes and sinuses. The soaking water I decided to save this time and add in along with the rest of the water. On that thought, you totally could add beer in as well. Corona seems most appropriate.

With your meat nice and brown mix in the chile puree and all the other ingredients, turn the heat down and let that bad mother simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on your meat. Posole should have a sheen of fatty goodness glistening off the surface like a radient sunset. If you were able to fight off the hordes of infected and find a lime, squeeze a little in and you've got a delicious meal. Well, almost. Becasue you also need....

TIA RELDNAHC'S CORN TORTILLAS
I like the Maseca brand instant corn masa, but fresh masa is pretty dope if you can get it. It freezes very well also. Sometimes the fresh can be too sticky and so the dry masa is good to have around to mix in.
The recipe on the package calls for 2 cups masa to 1 1/2 cups of water. I added in a tiny bit of shortening and some salt. Some recipes will direct you to use hot water but I haven't tried that yet. Your dough should be play-doh like and not sticky, becasue if it's sticky you will want to punch a baby trying to work with it. Divide your dough into balls. You can form them a few ways- clapping the dough between your hands, using a rolling pin, or using a tortilla press. The common recommendation I hear for making the tortillas is to use plastic wrap and that has consistently been awful for me. A cut up ziplock bag was another thing I tried which also sucked. I was convinced I couldn't make tortillas until I tried using a dishcloth. I just lay the cloth on the press, place the (slightly flattened) dough ball, fold the dishcloth over the dough, and press it in the...well...press. The tortilla peels right off of the cloth with minimal agony. Throw those putas in a pan to get crispy and serve right away with butter.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How to make your own creamy, buttercream frosting!

You will need:

1/3 butter (softened)
1 1/2 A tablespoon of vanilla
3 cups of icing or powdered sugar
1 or 2 tablespoons of milk (or in this case, cream)

1. Melt the butter in the microwave so it'd be easier to cream with the whisk.
2. Then add your powdered sugar, add one cup at a time so it'd be easier to whisk.
3. Add your milk and vanilla.
4. Beat until creamy!

Goes great with cake!

bonitoflakeprincess

sys failure
kiwifarms.net
it's like French Toast, but with savory herbs, then turn that into a grilled cheese sandwich, then dump creamy cheese sauce. then pretend you reinvented Welsh Rarebit

*edit* or the authetic sauce. I can't think for myself someitmes, so I go to people who have been on tv. like Alton Brown

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adam's Potato Cubes:

Ingredients:
1-3 potatoes (depending on if you have small, mediums or large on hand)
Salt (I prefer sea salt, but iodized or kosher is fine too)
Pepper (preferably as whole peppercorns you grind)
Garlic Powder (fresh garlic is more if you're pan frying them)
Cayenne Pepper (or Red pepper too)
Olive Oil

1. Preheat oven to 380 F (or use an air fryer if you have one)
2a. Dice the potatoes into around one inch cubes; you want them thick enough to not dry out but also able to be consistently cooked.
2b. Removing skin is optional; I tend to keep it on.
3. Wash your potatoes in a bowl or sifter, replacing water until cloudiness disperses.
4a. Blend salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper into one mix.
4b. Rule of thumb is at least two parts salt and pepper to one part garlic and cayenne pepper
5. Put potatoes in a gallon ziploc bag.
6. Dump the mix into the bag.
7. Shake thoroughly, adding the oil in the process.
8. Dump spuds onto an oven safe plate, preferrably one that drips the oil into a pan below.
9. Place in oven or airfryer. Times will vary, but the oven usually takes between 30-38 minutes, and the air fryer always takes about 22 minutes.
10. Regularly turn spuds on a 5-6 minute basis if you use an air fryer. If you use the oven, do this more like every 10-15 minutes.
11. Potatoes are done when they are a gold to brown.

This is what I prepare most often as my side dish.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
This is a bit involved, but it's a great use of leftover pork roast

2 tbsp oil
3 cups finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 lb. raw shrimp, cleaned, deveined, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped mung bean sprouts
1 cup finely chopped lean cooked pork (if you're using a pork roast, marinate it in teriyaki for 45 minutes to an hour)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sherry
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp of water

Heat oil in wok. Add celery and mushrooms. Stirfry about one minute. Add shrimp. Continue to stirfry until shrimp are firm and pink. Add bean sprouts and pork. Stir to blend. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, and dissolved cornstarch. Remove from heat and cool before using.

My family has found that letting the filling sit overnight on a shallow plate or pan allows the flavors to mix better and tastes better overall.

Add about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of filling to the eggroll wrapper, fold and roll it, and use a bit of flour mixed with water brushed on the corner left exposed to seal them. Then fry until they're brown and crisp.

The chopping is a bitch, and if you don't like celery you'll hate this. But as I'm pretty meh on cabbage I love this version.
How does a food processor handle all the pork? have you tried it?

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quick and Easy sausage rice.

1/4 cup of rice
2 link sausages (any meat type). I use the ones the size of large hot dogs.
1/4 cup of diced tomato
1/4 of a bell pepper
1/4 of an onion
Olive oil (or similar oil)
Paprika
Hot Sauce
Garlic Powder
Salt
Chipotle Pepper flakes (or some equivalent thereof)

In a pot, wash the 1/4 cup of rice. After the water runs clear after rinsing it, add 1/2 a cup of of additional water. Cover and let simmer until the water is completely evaporated and the rice is soft. I personally use this recipe with leftover cooked rice, and can skip this step. Actually, I also use leftover onion, bell pepper and tomato with it too when we get right down to it.

In a frying pan, add enough olive oil (or equivalent) to cover the bottom. Add in the bell pepper, Onion, some salt, Garlic Powder and the pepper flakes. Cook until soft.

After veggies are softened, add the sausage, sliced into thin rounds. Continue to fry.

In a second frying pan, add olive oil (or equivalent), paprika, Hot Sauce, Garlic powder and diced tomatoes. Mix it all all up until the pan is covered. You should end up with a thick oily liquid. If its too powdery add more oil and hot sauce. Once its hot, throw the cooked rice into it. Stir until hot.

Throw the cooked sausage, peppers and onions into the frying pan with the tomatoes and rice. Continue to stir until all flavors have combined.

Eat.

Adjust ratios for cooking for more then one person.

You can also use other meats besides sausage for this recipe. This is my go to "I got leftover food I need to eat" recipe. You can probably use noodles too instead of rice. Not tried that yet.

Last edited:

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Best Yorkshire Pudding Ever:

To be made in a slab in a pan, not some faggotty muffin tins.

2cups sifted all purpose flour
2cups 3% milk
1 tsp salt
4 eggs

Mix flour and salt in bowl
combine milk and eggs
add milk/egg to flour. Beat well
refrigerate 1/2 hour
pour beef drippings from roast (3/4 cup) into very hot shallow pan to about 1" thick
Add mix to pan. stir in with drippings.
bake 400 degrees for 1/2 hour

*If you want to save your drippings for gravy, you can boil down like 3 cups of beef stock to about 3/4 c and substitute it for the drippings.

Does anyone actually have a recipe for Welsh rarebit or rabbit or whatever that turns out as delicious as it should? All my attempts have been disasters.
That's because it's garbage food. Like everything else welsh is junk. Seriously, if you're gonna make a big deal over poor people food, at least go for lobster.

Last edited:

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Best Yorkshire Pudding Ever:

To be made in a slab in a pan, not some faggotty muffin tins.

2cups sifted all purpose flour
2cups 3% tard cum
1 tsp salt
4 eggs

Mix flour and salt in bowl
combine tard cum and eggs
add tard cum/egg to flour. Beat well
refrigerate 1/2 hour
pour beef drippings from roast (3/4 cup) into very hot shallow pan to about 1" thick
Add mix to pan. stir in with drippings.
bake 400 degrees for 1/2 hour

*If you want to save your drippings for gravy, you can boil down like 3 cups of beef stock to about 3/4 c and substitute it for the drippings.

That's because it's garbage food. Like everything else welsh is junk. Seriously, if you're gonna make a big deal over poor people food, at least go for lobster.
Do you use a cast iron pan? Because my family found that when we make popovers (Yorkshire pudding but using something other than beef drippings, never had a roast that gave enough drippings) and started using a cast iron muffin pan, they became so much better. They're delicious with butter and/or jam.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Crisco chicken
Take a glob of Crisco butter flavored shortening
Put it in a bowl add for chicken breasts slather the chicken breast in the Crisco till well coated then I had Louisiana brand Cajun seasoning generously covering both sides of the chicken
Put chicken on wire rack with drip pan place in oven at 425 to 450° Cook for 45 minutes
That’s all you do comes out crispy moist and delicious taste just like rotisserie

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Do you use a cast iron pan? Because my family found that when we make popovers (Yorkshire pudding but using something other than beef drippings, never had a roast that gave enough drippings) and started using a cast iron muffin pan, they became so much better. They're delicious with butter and/or jam.
Yep, deffo. Pyrex will do, but it's not the same. Boiling down the beefstock works great. My only flash of culinary genius, TBH

Reactions: Jellyfish

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

At 3.13 he does welsh rabbit
Memes aside, Gordon Ramsay is really good at explaining a dish with incredible brevity. I'll give this a shot.

My favorite is his steak video.

Two and a half minutes and has all you really need to know not to fuck up steak any more.

My favorite tip from this that I now never skip is starting by searing the side of the steak enough to render a bit of the fat, so that you can then fry it in its own fat.