Kiwis kissed by Corona - Official coofer thread

Do you have a coof?

• Yes, fuck the chinks

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • No, panic buyers and preppers are faggots

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • None of us would be sick if Trump wasn't trying to commit genocide against the Iranian people.

Votes: 82 24.5%

• Total voters

Quixotic Man

From Another Place
kiwifarms.net
Okay Kiwis, its time to play armchair doctor with a disease I had in late February.

In late February I took a vacation out to Las Vegas, and while I was there (2 days in to the trip) I came down with some sort of illness.

The first day my symptoms were sore throat and mild cough, similar to what you get with any cold. But the next day it hit me pretty hard. I was completely overtaken by fatigue, all I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep. All the while I had horrible sinus headaches and get horrible teeth chattering chills whenever I am not under the covers or wearing warmish clothing. So I take cough syrup like for a normal cold and my cough gets mostly under control. Three days after I started getting symptoms, most of them are under control from the medication except for the headache and the fatigue. On my flight home I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open at all.

So I get home, call in sick the whole thing. Four days after I am still fatigued but most of the other symptoms are gone. But then the fever came back. Teeth chattering outside the covers, comfortable in them, but I woke up in the morning two nights in a row absolutely drenched in sweat. Like someone had poured a few cups of water over me while I was sleeping. It was sometime during this that the cough came back too. Absolutely horrid cough, hacking with no or very little mucus being produced. The worst of it was one night when I no longer had the fever or the headache, but couldn't sleep because I was coughing so bad. Eventually that coughing caused about two hours of dry heaving and more coughing until I finally released some mucus with a few nice streaks of blood in it. I also had diarrhea for about a week during this. I also found it hard to do any physical activity, as I felt winded much more quickly then usual with any sort of exertion. After that night I started to really recover. Cough faded away and didn't have any after effects you wouldn't get from any old cold.

So what do you think Dr. Internet? No matter what it was it would be nearly impossible for me to trace where I got it. I already live in a major city and take the bus to my office downtown every day. And on the flight to Vegas, I was in the last aisle seat, so not only where people touching my headrest to brace themselves as they dragged their body to the crapper, three of them touched my face because apparently controlling your arms is hard. Then I was in a major international tourist destination, handling dirty chips and money in close quarters with others.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Ok, I'm curious.

Are there any people here, who had Coronavirus like symptoms or an "intense flu" in feb, jan, dec, nov, oct?

Because data coming out of various places is trending very interesting. Apparently, late 2019 was a mysteriously epic flu season.
My old man had one in December. Unending hacking cough, constant headache, fatigue, slept as much as possible. Went on for something like 2 weeks. He took a shit load of azithromycin (the same one Trump mentioned alongside antimalarial drug that led to fishtank idiot an heroing/being offed by his wife) and got over it. He's partially convinced that he might have had it back in December and thinks he would have got it during a several week trip to London, which included several trips to Chinatown for food.

Honestly don't know, if there is one place you are going to contract it in Europe, it's in London with everyone packed together in the tube. Could also be him being a boomer and convincing himself he got it to cope with the fact that he's at risk if he ever does get it (god willing he doesn't).

Currently I've got a mild coof and mild temperature. I'm stocked up for the next 3-4 weeks, so short of me not being able to breathe properly, I'll treat it as a mild cold, won't leave home and get on with life.

AJneedsElocution

Always outsmarted,never out reeeee'd
kiwifarms.net
I spent way too much time with the normies during the last 2 weeks due to rural life/travel i cant avoid ,last 2 days i felt super lethargic and shitty(cant eat,light muscle pain ect).No fever or coof tho,saying that when the seasonal Flu is going about i have caught it,but i never had it bad,just feeling a bit shitty but functional(never bedridden)

dunno if its just my general shit lifestyle or i got light symptoms. Persoanlly i know my risk is low but my pops just got outta hospital.....

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: heathercho

heathercho

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I spent way too much time with the normies during the last 2 weeks due to rural life/travel i cant avoid ,last 2 days i felt super lethargic and shitty(cant eat,light muscle pain ect).No fever or coof tho,saying that when the seasonal Flu is going about i have caught it,but i never had it bad,just feeling a bit shitty but functional(never bedridden)

dunno if its just my general shit lifestyle or i got light symptoms. Persoanlly i know my risk is low but my pops just got outta hospital.....
Stay away from him then. Regardless. If you have the flu, it's more likely to kill him than the Coof.

Reactions: annoyingfuck

AJneedsElocution

Always outsmarted,never out reeeee'd
kiwifarms.net
Stay away from him then. Regardless. If you have the flu, it's more likely to kill him than the Coof.
yea i been keeping my distance since i felt crappy yesterday morning ,hes like me tho,seasonal flu has always been nothing to us both(just lucky ) ,He dont get this is another level tho despite having a proper stem degree.

The hospital only gave him boring over the counter drugs,no good shit to share or anything lol 😒

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Man this thing lingers. I’m still coughing. Trying to spend half an hour or so in the evening lying at weird angles and coughing to drain my lungs out. Could probably do with a bit of physio tbh.
Friend who had it has been coughing for six weeks now.
I coughed for like a month after getting that shitty winter flu in late December and people were starting to look at me like I had the coof. Considering it's entirely possible that was a weaker strain of COVID it might as well have been true.

Spl00gies

Leader of the Clit Stroking Society
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess this might be a useful archive one day so here’s my experience: suspected, not confirmed, as no testing where I am.

Vague demographics: middle aged female, non smoker, doesn’t drink, asthma, normal BMImoderate fitness. low air pollution at home, low to low/moderate at work.

I’ve had three serious bouts of flu in my life and this felt nothing like it. The symptoms may be the same on paper (fever etc) but this did not feel like flu to me.
It started with an odd sense of something being not quite right, then a high fever that broke after a few hours, during which time my whole body, especially the limbs, tingled. Then a day of being OK, then a constant low grade fluctuating fever (37.8-38.5) which is only just going now after two weeks. My eyes were sore, first the whole eyeball with a burning sensation then the tissues around them felt irritated and the eyelids became slightly red. Watery eyes persisted about six days. Like hay fever (which I don’t have) During this time I felt dizzy, even before the shortness of breath started, there was clearly some inner ear involvement, i felt like I was at an angle. So vertigo rather than loss of consciousness. Nasty palpitations and tachycardia, both worse on exertion .
The dry cough came on gradually a few days after the first symptoms started. It got worse, until I couldn’t finish a sentence. Completely dry cough. Walking across the room was about as much as I could do. Dizziness persisted but seemed more to do with lack of oxygen than ear involvement. Unable to check oxygen sats at home. One or two hours of intense vomiting halfway through, and I did have mild diarrhoea for a few hours before other symptoms started.
The dry cough remains, shortness of breath remains. Pain in chest and back. Lungs sound largely normal, just a tiny crackle but nothing much. I can now finish a sentence, but hollering at the kids is out.
Husband less severely affected but also had the same distinctive dry cough .
I won’t PL the ages of the kids, but the youngest has shown symptoms, and developed a nasty cough as well that required a hospital visit. Lungs also sound clear on all the kids, despite the youngest obviously struggling a bit,
Crushing fatigue, I am shattered. Affected child also v tired
I’ve taken doxycycline from day 5 and inhaled corticosteroids (the latter after I felt I’d beaten the thing off, do not quit taking any medication you already take, I am not your doctor, listen to your own.)I have no idea if either helped, I suspect I was just lucky and managed to get on top of it. Also self dosed with elderberry,, 2x 1000mg vit c a day and high dose vitamin D. no idea if any of that helped either. Child has inhaled corticosteroids and amoxicillin, perked up remarkably with the antibiotics so suspect secondary bacterial had crept in.
This is definitely not a cold. No congestion in the head, no nasal drip, no sneezing. No runny nose, snot etc. It doesn’t feel like flu. I’ve felt much ‘sicker’ with flu and colds. The only really alarming thing has been the shortness of breath, which is horrible and persistent.
I’ll be grabbing an antibody test as soon as I’m able.
Hope you and your fam are on the mend, coincidentally you've described my experience to a T. Started with an unspecified respiratory infection in January, loads of us locally had the same thing and it's lingered. The eye symptoms were one eye, ruled out as conjunctivitis. Lots of inner ear/sinus symptoms. Insane fatigue.

Most here with similar symptoms seem to think they've had it to some degree but still no testing and everyone's avoiding hospital at all cost for the most part.

Not sure but even if unrelated, something nasty has been doing the rounds for a few months and it's not all that flu-like.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Almost two weeks ago, I found out that a relative of mine was tested positive for COVID-19. He's a Boomer and a former smoker, so I was worried upon hearing the news. Well, he was never hospitalized, and his fever went away within days. He basically had "just a flu, bro." lol. The doctors he's been in contact with have lifted his strict quarantine. He's still ordered to follow the same "quarantine/social distancing" rules as everybody else, though, as the state he is in does not have enough tests to test him again right now. As it stands, though, the doctors gave him the clear to go out and run necessary errands again. He was one of the lucky ones, thank goodness.

A friend's sister, who is a doctor, was tested positive two weeks ago (she's in her early 30's). Literally the only symptom she's had has been a runny nose. No fever, no cough. Just a common cold, basically. She'll be back to work next week.

A friend's uncle, sadly, passed away from COVID-19 last week. He was in his 90's. He came down with pneumonia.

And one of my husband's former co-workers had to take a test as an "essential employee." He was tested positive, yet he never developed any symptoms (he's in his late 30's/early 40's). He stayed home for two weeks, and then went back to work.

It's really crazy how all across the board these symptoms appear to be for people.

Man this thing lingers. I’m still coughing. Trying to spend half an hour or so in the evening lying at weird angles and coughing to drain my lungs out. Could probably do with a bit of physio tbh.
Friend who had it has been coughing for six weeks now.
That's not uncommon for most respiratory infections. Even a common cold, after you're over it and no longer contageous, can cause a cough that lingers for weeks. That said, I imagine we're going to see quite the increase in bronchitis cases because of this.

Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel 100% really soon.

smallmilk

good for you
kiwifarms.net
In December, around Christmas, my dad brought in some kind of viral infection that only lasted 4 days. What was weird about it is that we all came down with it one after the other, which never happened before, no matter how cooped up we were.
I guess I'm glad we didn't get the week long one as other kiwis describe.

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity I checked some old text messages. I started feeling sick on February 15th and didn't feel better until March 18th.

Evacuees from Wuhan came in February 5th. They sent someone who was positive to a hospital smack dab in the city that weekend, but the CDC fucked up and sent them the wrong results, so they took that person back to the base before they found out, oops, she was positive after all.

The next confirmed positive case was on March 9th, a woman who had recently traveled but apparently didn't need to self-quarantine. And there was one on March 5th who worked in San Diego but lived in Orange County, and had recently been in Italy.

I can't remember the exact date of that 2nd wave I had but it had to have been around the first week of March. I wish my work hadn't restricted access to our timecards on the employee site because I called out on both of the days that I was feeling the worst.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
Anyone that "recovered" from this feel any weird aftereffects? Like my sense of taste still hasn't fully recovered (apparently I ate mango habenero wings and didn't notice until much later), and I sometimes feel uhh.. tingly? it's reminescent of feeling nerve damage like when you punch something wrong so your wrist buckles and you pull a nerve hard.

I just assumed it was because of being stuck inside my house for a while but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a full body thing that lasts the entire day and comes back when you should be feeling something (ie. sore, sleepy, etc. etc.).

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
My ex boyfriend's mother passed away due to COVID 19 complications. She was already in palliative care due to cancer, but it still sucks. She was a cool lady.

So far 6 of my coworkers have tested positive, although 2 were diagnosed awhile back and are now recovered (one never even felt sick). It doesn't surprise me that 4 out of the 6 are cashiers, they have the most contact with the public.

We're getting slammed here thanks to being in NYC's splash zone.

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
Anyone that "recovered" from this feel any weird aftereffects? Like my sense of taste still hasn't fully recovered (apparently I ate mango habenero wings and didn't notice until much later), and I sometimes feel uhh.. tingly? it's reminescent of feeling nerve damage like when you punch something wrong so your wrist buckles and you pull a nerve hard.

I just assumed it was because of being stuck inside my house for a while but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a full body thing that lasts the entire day and comes back when you should be feeling something (ie. sore, sleepy, etc. etc.).
I'm not surprised, remembering the whole 'this is not the flu' comments from ER doctors very early on in the piece, when they found that areas of the body are being affected that shouldn't be affected when getting 'the flu'.

I was watching a video on the way the virus interacts with our own cells, and the whole, using the cells method of duplication, that then enables them to make their own duplication 'machines' so to speak, is just goddamn scary.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net

The lack of taste comes from the lack of sense of smell, a symptom of an active infection. The tingling of your nerves is usually linked to hypoxia, your body isnt getting enough oxygen.

Are you still tired? It's likely you are still sick if you are feeling those symptoms. If you can, get a finger O2 sensor from CVS or another pharmacy and test your O2 levels when you feel that tingling. If its below 95 you should seek medical attention. If it is above 95 then it could be remnant nerve damage or it could be your body clearing out the virus from your nerves, or something else entirely, or just basic dehydration.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
and I sometimes feel uhh.. tingly?
I had this right at the start. The best I can describe it was that it felt like I was fizzing and dissolving. I’ve never felt anything like it. Accompanied by a crazy fever - aboit 40c, who h again is unusual for me. It only lasted one night, but it was really peculiar.
I’ve had the skin crawling and hand tingling all the way through, but not anything like that initial evening.
I also feel exhausted, and I’m still coughing, weeks after I got sick. Just trying to rest a bit and eat well and get some vitamins down me. I find fresh air and light activity is quite helpful for the cough. It’s quite annoying, I really want to feel a bit better

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
I had this right at the start. The best I can describe it was that it felt like I was fizzing and dissolving. I’ve never felt anything like it. Accompanied by a crazy fever - aboit 40c, who h again is unusual for me. It only lasted one night, but it was really peculiar.
I’ve had the skin crawling and hand tingling all the way through, but not anything like that initial evening.
I also feel exhausted, and I’m still coughing, weeks after I got sick. Just trying to rest a bit and eat well and get some vitamins down me. I find fresh air and light activity is quite helpful for the cough. It’s quite annoying, I really want to feel a bit better
Isnt a temperature of 104F/40C starting to get into the dangerous territory for adults?

Tags
None