Kiwis kissed by Corona - Official coofer thread

Do you have a coof?

• Yes, fuck the chinks

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • No, panic buyers and preppers are faggots

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • None of us would be sick if Trump wasn't trying to commit genocide against the Iranian people.

Votes: 82 24.5%

• Total voters

heathercho

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had this right at the start. The best I can describe it was that it felt like I was fizzing and dissolving. I’ve never felt anything like it. Accompanied by a crazy fever - aboit 40c, who h again is unusual for me. It only lasted one night, but it was really peculiar.
I’ve had the skin crawling and hand tingling all the way through, but not anything like that initial evening.
I also feel exhausted, and I’m still coughing, weeks after I got sick. Just trying to rest a bit and eat well and get some vitamins down me. I find fresh air and light activity is quite helpful for the cough. It’s quite annoying, I really want to feel a bit better
The symptoms a lot of people are describing are very similar to symptoms some people with Lupus experience...

Has anyone had swollen lymph nodes? I am surprised it's not causing that as a number 1 symptom tbh.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone had swollen lymph nodes? I am surprised it's not causing that as a number 1 symptom tbh.
I didn’t notice if I did. But I didn’t check... lupus and autoimmune diseases mimic the symptoms because a large part of what you’re feeling when you’re fighting a virus is your immune system revving up. Fevers, that weird shivery feeling, and malaise, are primarily your immune system working. People with autoimmune diseases have this as a faulty response to the self, but it feels the same. This seems to have a low grade, fluctuating fever and aches so yes, it will feel like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis Or AS or whatever, to a point. Obviously when you get to the pneumonia and SOB stage, not so much.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
Hey so update on that one symptom apparently it's a late-stage symptom, so on the one end it's a good sign.

On the other end, it might be because of nerve damage from the virus.

Also I guess that explains the "reinfection myth" it's not being reinfected it's just a very long sickness that goes off and on randomly. http://archive.md/NPJpL , maybe if the assumption that fizzing is an end-stage symptom is proven true we can use it as one of the criteria for "recovered" and have a better testing method for recovery rates.

Last edited:

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
Hey so update on that one symptom apparently it's a late-stage symptom, so on the one end it's a good sign.

On the other end, it might be because of nerve damage from the virus.

Also I guess that explains the "reinfection myth" it's not being reinfected it's just a very long sickness that goes off and on randomly. http://archive.md/NPJpL , maybe if the assumption that fizzing is an end-stage symptom is proven true we can use it as one of the criteria for "recovered" and have a better testing method for recovery rates.
Keep yourself hydrated and take it easy. Your body goes through a LOT of water getting rid of something in the nervous system.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
Keep yourself hydrated and take it easy. Your body goes through a LOT of water getting rid of something in the nervous system.
Nah I'm fine, it's been gone for a while. I'm just happy to know that at least it's vaguely at the end.
Now I just have a lingering cough, but I'm pretty sure it's worse than it should be since I apparently have allergies.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fizzing for me wasn’t just skin. I had a high fever of about 40 for most of the night and was dozing. I felt like my limbs were dissolving like an effervescent aspirin. It was trippy. It was also the very first thing I experienced.
I was really thirsty the whole time. I noticed the kids were drinking a lot of water as well.
I’m still very tired. It’s been about a month now and I still dont feel OK. Still coughing, That’s unusual for me, I tend to just get through stuff and get back on with life. With this it’s been one step forward and one back for weeks

Jamila

hopefully tomorrow is a day 🤞🤞🤞
kiwifarms.net
I would have that weird tingling randomly over the last 2 weeks of my illness, as well as a couple of times after I felt better. It felt like when your limb falls asleep but like... less painful than that, and more itchy. Sometimes it felt like it was climbing up my limbs.

Also I didn't have noticeably swollen lymph nodes until after the 2nd wave. Only in my neck as far as I could tell.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My area has been hit very hard. We are around a thousand cases. I work in a hospital (in IT, not a clinician, although I meet with them frequently). One of my good friends (doctor) has it. He was exposed to it at work. He almost died from it, but thankfully is recovering.

Symptoms seem to be:
GI - mild diarrhea, loss of appetite.
Lose of sense of smell and/or taste
You know that feeling when you run a lot (probably not, this is Kiwifarms) and you are gasping for breath when you are done? You'll get that, only it will last for a few days or more. Chest will hurt
Sore throat
Cough
Fever

You might feel better one day, then the next it hits you harder. Then eventually you'll feel better and it comes again. Etc.. This can last up to six weeks.

Don't take this shit lightly. It's very serious. Listen to medical experts on this. Even if you are young and healthy, you can still die from it and expose plenty of other of people to it.

Silver Chariot

I don't care.
kiwifarms.net
GI - mild diarrhea, loss of appetite.
Lose of sense of smell and/or taste
You know that feeling when you run a lot (probably not, this is Kiwifarms) and you are gasping for breath when you are done? You'll get that, only it will last for a few days or more. Chest will hurt
Sore throat
Cough
Fever
I can personally attest to all of this. I had a sore throat for two days, then over the weekend, the rest of the symptoms struck. The one thing I'm afraid of is the relapse period. My symptoms lasted for all of 2 days, but the cough is still present, particularly when I just go up and down stairs. Currently it's been 3 weeks since symptoms started. My lung function is definitely not what it once was, though I think the N95 mask isn't helping with the breathing. I don't feel hypoxic, mind you.

Don't take this shit lightly. It's very serious. Listen to medical experts on this. Even if you are young and healthy, you can still die from it and expose plenty of other of people to it.
Corona-chan touches without prejudice and mercy. Someone in the megathread compared it to a monkey slinging shit at random, a comparison I agree with. The only good spot I can tell you is that children are strangely not that susceptible to it. But everyone 18+ up can get, hell, even die from it. Just a personal observation and some small personal research on COVID in kids.

Lurker69

kiwifarms.net
Are there any Kiwis that have gotten the coof test before? Will the procedure suck? I'm getting one tomorrow and that picture of the swab going so far up the nose makes me a bit nervous...

• Feels
Reactions: marjoram

simulated goat

pleasant goat beauty
kiwifarms.net
I was one of those who caught the weird shit pretty early, late oct, early Nov. It took 3 weeks to pass initially, but I've had weird stuff since as well. As I was first recovering, I had some heavy heart palpitations.This went on for a week or so. Then my lower back/kidney area got sore, I figured it as a UTI...this is all in December before I knew about this. The coof has improved vastly, but a week or so ago my lungs started 'whistling' again (I've been taking cystene/NAC and it is expectorant) then I coughed up a cronenbergian horror and feel even better. I just wish the throat rawness would go away, thanks.

Coronachan victims, YMMV.

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
The more I read about people's symptoms the more I suspect I already had this. I had heart palpitations and the "fizzy limbs" feeling for a few weeks after I started getting better. My cough lingered awhile too, so even though I no longer felt very sick, I felt "off" for awhile.

At the time I chalked the after effects to anxiety being triggered from being away from work/normal routine for so long. What it felt like was the physical effects of a panic attack, but without the mental component. I didn't feel anxious, but my body was reacting in a way I associate with anxiety.

If that weird bug wasn't COVID 19, I wonder what it actually was, because that shit was pretty nasty.

simulated goat

pleasant goat beauty
kiwifarms.net
The more I read about people's symptoms the more I suspect I already had this. I had heart palpitations and the "fizzy limbs" feeling for a few weeks after I started getting better. My cough lingered awhile too, so even though I no longer felt very sick, I felt "off" for awhile.

At the time I chalked the after effects to anxiety being triggered from being away from work/normal routine for so long. What it felt like was the physical effects of a panic attack, but without the mental component. I didn't feel anxious, but my body was reacting in a way I associate with anxiety.

If that weird bug wasn't COVID 19, I wonder what it actually was, because that shit was pretty nasty.
Yeah it is/was. It was no normal cold or flu for sure, it has never taken me months to recover from anything similar before.

Reactions: Inflatable Julay

Silver Chariot

I don't care.
kiwifarms.net
Are there any Kiwis that have gotten the coof test before? Will the procedure suck? I'm getting one tomorrow and that picture of the swab going so far up the nose makes me a bit nervous...
If you can tolerate a swab being stuck up your nosehole for about 2-3 seconds, you should be fine. Unpleasant, yes, but short at least.

Tags
None