Kiwis kissed by Corona - Official coofer thread

Do you have a coof?

• Yes, fuck the chinks

Votes: 84 23.9%
  • No, panic buyers and preppers are faggots

Votes: 178 50.7%
  • None of us would be sick if Trump wasn't trying to commit genocide against the Iranian people.

Votes: 89 25.4%

• Total voters

Frog Gremlin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
spent the past few weeks realizing that it probably went through my household early this year, before self-quarantine was widely recommended in the US. all had respiratory issues, fever, body aches and tested negative for pneumonia or flu. nobody hospitalized, but it still fucking sucked. coughing felt like being punched in the ribs.

• Feels
Reactions: Begemot

Abradolfus_Linclerson

Corona Coofmander
kiwifarms.net
So for about a week now I’ve had an intermittent cough. I work in a manufacturing plant (whee, essential biz) that’s always dusty, so I didn’t really think anything of it...until I learned a coworker is currently under quarantine for having tested positive for the WuFlu. Got a bit of a sore throat and the coof worsens at night (is it just me, or is it a universal thing that symptoms worsen when you want to go to bed?), so I’m going to do ye olde virtual visit and see if I can get tested.

Clearly if I do have it, based on what I’m seeing in the thread here, I have (one of?) the milder strain(s)...

Or maybe it’s just a freaking cold. Who the hell knows? Stupid overlapping key indicator symptoms being key indicator symptoms of a whole host of shit...

UPDATE: Assuming anyone cares, I should know if I danced with Corona-Chan or not by this Thursday at the outside. In the meanwhile, I guess I shall hole up and vidya a lot whilst the vidya-ing is good...

Last edited:

Unpaid Emotional Labourer

proud carcéral feminist
kiwifarms.net
spent the past few weeks realizing that it probably went through my household early this year, before self-quarantine was widely recommended in the US. all had respiratory issues, fever, body aches and tested negative for pneumonia or flu. nobody hospitalized, but it still fucking sucked. coughing felt like being punched in the ribs.
I traveled to California with some colleagues first week of January, came home on Delta nonstop LAX to MCO. Of the 8 of us, we flew out together, went around to sites together, and always had dinner together with our west coast employees. But the flight home, two of us took a different flight.

All six who took the same flight were out sick for nearly two solid weeks with some sort of truly horrendous respiratory infection. Dry cough, fever, body aches, for me also nausea, but the others (all guys) didn’t have that. I’d been thinking of calling someone (but I don’t know who?) to suggest they check the manifest for that flight and trace from there. My husband got very very sick as well, his seemed to linger much longer. My daughter, who is 13, only got a little of it.

So, yeah, highly suspect. Especially since I’m reading now that there may have been two strains, and the one that hit the west coast wasn’t as deadly as the one that hit New York, because that one came from a European mutation or something. The exact same group traveled together to New York a month later! So perhaps our earlier west coast infection left us with enough antibodies to fight off the N.Y. version.

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
I've had a sudden migraine since last night. Can migraines be part of the Covid?
Haven't heard anyone mention having a migraine, but I have heard of having that horrible headache that one gets with a head cold. Who knows with this shit anymore?

Migraines are evil fucks, hope you get better whatever's happening.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
All six who took the same flight were out sick for nearly two solid weeks with some sort of truly horrendous respiratory infection. Dry cough, fever, body aches, for me also nausea, but the others (all guys) didn’t have that. I’d been thinking of calling someone (but I don’t know who?) to suggest they check the manifest for that flight and trace from there. My husband got very very sick as well, his seemed to linger much longer. My daughter, who is 13, only got a little of it.
I wouldn't necessarily bet on it. The two worst cold/flu/whatevers I had were after flights, usually while surrounded by revolting coofing babies and fat people and shit. You're exposed to pathogens from all over the world. They could easily include the coof, though.

Sug Benis

It's hip to fuck clones
kiwifarms.net
Work in healthcare, and started getting the shits last night. The kind where your stomach turns into an angry German, the porcelain starts melting, and you begin to hear the Valkyries calling you to Valhalla.

Then I remembered it was Taco Tuesday. And why I don't usually participate in Taco Tuesday.

biledriver

piss soaked sex goblins
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else feeling massively "off" and just all fucked up "after" being sick? I tried to go back to work, couldn't breathe well enough to do my job, still on leave now. Of course, my company is being dickheads and they're saying I just "self quarantined" because they don't think telemedicine is a thing. This has been such a bizarre experience. I've had a lot of weird after-effects from being sick. Anyone else getting this??

It went away, albeit accompanied by a seizure. Fuck epilepsy.
Man, sorry to hear that. I'm epileptic too. I feel like having epilepsy might have contributed to the insane insomnia I've had recently, weird ass dreams, messed up attention span--- I feel like the high fever (even for short periods), left a psychological affect. I have heard from hospital workers that other people have psychological issues from this and just from fevers in general. I wonder how different types of epilepsy are affected from something like COVID.
I'm glad you're not sick anymore. 🖖

BATHMETHAMPHETAMINE

chunkiest boy around
kiwifarms.net
I actually had a little trip to Hangzhou about 2 months before shit broke loose in Wuhan (thank fucking god I made it out before government admitted that maybe, just maybe, there's pandemic there) and got soon after this flu with cough and fever. That was a bit odd because I am a master race super human and last time I had fever was when I was child and even this one virus infection I had last year I had to get antibiotics for (not for the virus but inflamed cavity somewhere near the ear) didn't manage to get my fever up. Tho fever lasted for a day but the cough, all shit on my throat I had to hack out and runny nose continued about 2 weeks after. Might have been just mild flu but fuck, you never know how far the Wu flu had made its way at that point. At time I didn't think anything of it and no one seemed to know what was coming.

Reactions: Mrs. Adams

Mrs. Adams

Russian Bot
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else feeling massively "off" and just all fucked up "after" being sick? I tried to go back to work, couldn't breathe well enough to do my job, still on leave now. Of course, my company is being dickheads and they're saying I just "self quarantined" because they don't think telemedicine is a thing. This has been such a bizarre experience. I've had a lot of weird after-effects from being sick. Anyone else getting this??
Not me, but there's a whole Reddit sub for people who are having long term effects 60 and 90 days after they should have gotten over it. My mom thinks she had it, before it was testable, and had weird breathing that hung around for over a month.

• Feels
Reactions: Drain Todger

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
Not me, but there's a whole Reddit sub for people who are having long term effects 60 and 90 days after they should have gotten over it. My mom thinks she had it, before it was testable, and had weird breathing that hung around for over a month.
Since they didn't do any testing back in April when I went to the ER I still have no idea. They just said it was a respiratory infection. Maybe they weren't doing testing then. But I have a chronic cough anyway and I am coughing pretty bad today. "Scarred lung nothing to worry about" my shiny metal ass. :mad:

They don't give you anything for a cough these days. People need codeine. Don't tell me to buy Mucinex. It doesn't really help that much.

I give up trying to get any sort of treatment for my cough. If I call the doctor he will tell me to go to the ER. They will give me Advil and Mucinex. I can't even get any medicines filled because Walgreens is all boarded up thanks to looters.

MysteriousStranger

literally who
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My area has had low incidence of corona cases, but a nasty lung bug came through our area last Fall/Winter that was strikingly similar. I caught it in early October, was put on antibiotics in early November and I still haven't completely shaken the cough (which makes people stare at me in the grocery).

I know tons of people who caught this bug and they all agreed it was something special. If it wasn't the 'rona, it deserves a name of its own.

Reactions: annoyingfuck

Mao Hao Hao

Nyaaaa....
kiwifarms.net
I fear I may be getting something now, as yesterday I had an awful throat, a pretty bad headache, a dull, tingling pain in my left arm (very concentrated in the armpit region) and a raging fever during the night (sadly I lack any kind of thermometer to measure what my temp was). No cough though, so I am optimistic. Today I was fairly okay on getting up, but it seems like the symptoms are creeping back as the day goes on. As for digestive issues, its hard to tell if any problems I had in the days before this started were because of this or my intolerence to peppers (I am a weak dumbass who loves peppers, despite them causing me to violently die on the toilet after eating. It was fajita night, and they are not the same without peppers. I don't know of any replacement veg that would work instead).

• Feels
Reactions: Drain Todger
Tags
None