Kiwis kissed by Corona - Official coofer thread

Do you have a coof?

• Yes, fuck the chinks

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • No, panic buyers and preppers are faggots

Votes: 172 51.3%
  • None of us would be sick if Trump wasn't trying to commit genocide against the Iranian people.

Votes: 82 24.5%

• Total voters

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
One of my brother's co-workers was infected with Corona-Chan. Everyone in the building had to get tested before they could return to work. He got the test results today. Fortunately, my brother doesn't have the coof. He didn't have a cough anyway, but it's good to know.

Bagronkleton

Crush you up easier than a little bag of crisps
kiwifarms.net
My area has had low incidence of corona cases, but a nasty lung bug came through our area last Fall/Winter that was strikingly similar. I caught it in early October, was put on antibiotics in early November and I still haven't completely shaken the cough (which makes people stare at me in the grocery).

I know tons of people who caught this bug and they all agreed it was something special. If it wasn't the 'rona, it deserves a name of its own.
I had something like a bit back, maybe a year or two.

Magnified flu symptoms for about two weeks accompanied by wicked muscle soreness and headaches. Throat was rougher than sandpaper and didn't have a voice for a week after getting over it. Never felt anything like it. All I could do was try and sleep it off and drown myself in coof syrup.

Haven't really been sick since outside of a minor sniffle here and there, oddly enough. I was very original and just called it Captain Tripps.

Plastic Inevitable

Actually not a TERF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had something like a bit back, maybe a year or two.

Magnified flu symptoms for about two weeks accompanied by wicked muscle soreness and headaches. Throat was rougher than sandpaper and didn't have a voice for a week after getting over it. Never felt anything like it. All I could do was try and sleep it off and drown myself in coof syrup.

Haven't really been sick since outside of a minor sniffle here and there, oddly enough. I was very original and just called it Captain Tripps.
Yeah that was just the flu, bruh.

BlessedVeggie

kiwifarms.net
My sister (who graduated from Med school last year and has been working non-stop for the last weeks with COVID patients) came down with fever and coughing at the start of the week. She got tested, but no results yet. She's quarantined at home for the moment... a home that she shares with my elderly parents. I'm a bit nervous at the agreement, to say the least.

The icing on the cake is that they want me to stay away and take care of any shopping, business and/or red tape for the family, so my dad is the one going into her room to deliver her meals.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
UPDATE: Dad's having fevers on and off but is doing fine so far. He walks when he isn't feverish and is finding it a great way to open up his lungs. Gatorade helps you stay hydrated so drink that shit. Mom is exhausted as fuck but is also doing okay. Me? I'm barely having symptoms. No fevers. No cough. Jack shit. But take that with a grain of salt because I think I'm behind the others on the timescale.

I swear to Zeus, 2020 wants me dead or in a nuthouse with the shit I've dealt with. Thankfully, I'm quite content to spend my quarantine shitposting here.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Any time now, faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Could've sworn I posted in here but I guess not. My memory is garbage.

It was on my mind since my doctor said she wants to put me back in the hospital by next week if this med change doesn't work.

For references I caught it in November, didn't really begin to improve until February. I was hospitalized in January for an unrelated procedure and they had no clue what was wrong with me.

After a week of being fine in Feb I got the flu. During my doctor visit for that they noticed my blood oxygen was abysmal but they sent me home. End of March I was in the hospital again thinking I was having stomach issues after consulting my doctor over the phone.

During that they did a CT scan and found significant blood clotting, approx. close to 2ft worth of partial blockages (I'm young and with no predisposition for clots especially not to that level) and ground-glass opacities in my lung. That same week was around the time that the experts on COVID had said that they were finding bizarre blood clotting issues in their patients. Coupled with the ground-glass opacities in my lung and my struggle to stay oxygenated they put me on the suspected list. I tested negative on a swab but positive on antibodies.

Going back to Nov I explained my symptoms from that which were very specific to what they had observed in other patients. So at that point it was all but guaranteed. I spent 72hrs in the hospital and they sent me home on a shit ton of meds and with oxygen for use as needed but mostly for sleeping.

So somewhere towards the end of April I went back to the ER for a night because I wasn't coping very well with pain and I basically had stopped sleeping and they found all of this has started effecting my heart. So I got new meds, got sent home and told to do everything in my power to keep stress low and just focus on resting up.

The unfortunate thing is while I'm being handled by some of the best doctors in the nation, they have no answers for me. They don't have many cases to compare that are as significant. They are hopeful about my lung improving but it's not guaranteed. Blood clots aren't really budging much either and I go through periods of sleeplessness and just general depression because it's effecting my quality of life. Lack of energy too, most days I'm exhausted but I try to do stuff to encourage blood flow and keep my state of mind positive.

So I went in to my doc today knowing it wasn't going to be a good visit because the pains are coming back and I'm finding it hard to breathe even though I'm not sick otherwise. It feels like I'm trying to breathe through a wet towel. I'll update if anything changes.

Anyway tl;dr take this shit seriously, you really don't want to be this sick

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
The pastor of my family's church died from COVID-19. He was an older guy with health issues.

Still no way to get my chronic cough looked at other than a trip to the ER. My doctors are not seeing anyone in person yet.

I am almost positive that I had wuflu back in April. I had no fever when I went to the ER so they didn't even test for flu. But since I already have scarred lungs I feel like they should have at least checked it out better.

My cousin may have had it too. He also went to the ER but they just told him to self isolate.

OriginalUsernameHere

Remorse filled former Leftist.
kiwifarms.net
Could've sworn I posted in here but I guess not. My memory is garbage.

It was on my mind since my doctor said she wants to put me back in the hospital by next week if this med change doesn't work.

For references I caught it in November, didn't really begin to improve until February. I was hospitalized in January for an unrelated procedure and they had no clue what was wrong with me.

After a week of being fine in Feb I got the flu. During my doctor visit for that they noticed my blood oxygen was abysmal but they sent me home. End of March I was in the hospital again thinking I was having stomach issues after consulting my doctor over the phone.

During that they did a CT scan and found significant blood clotting, approx. close to 2ft worth of partial blockages (I'm young and with no predisposition for clots especially not to that level) and ground-glass opacities in my lung. That same week was around the time that the experts on COVID had said that they were finding bizarre blood clotting issues in their patients. Coupled with the ground-glass opacities in my lung and my struggle to stay oxygenated they put me on the suspected list. I tested negative on a swab but positive on antibodies.

Going back to Nov I explained my symptoms from that which were very specific to what they had observed in other patients. So at that point it was all but guaranteed. I spent 72hrs in the hospital and they sent me home on a shit ton of meds and with oxygen for use as needed but mostly for sleeping.

So somewhere towards the end of April I went back to the ER for a night because I wasn't coping very well with pain and I basically had stopped sleeping and they found all of this has started effecting my heart. So I got new meds, got sent home and told to do everything in my power to keep stress low and just focus on resting up.

The unfortunate thing is while I'm being handled by some of the best doctors in the nation, they have no answers for me. They don't have many cases to compare that are as significant. They are hopeful about my lung improving but it's not guaranteed. Blood clots aren't really budging much either and I go through periods of sleeplessness and just general depression because it's effecting my quality of life. Lack of energy too, most days I'm exhausted but I try to do stuff to encourage blood flow and keep my state of mind positive.

So I went in to my doc today knowing it wasn't going to be a good visit because the pains are coming back and I'm finding it hard to breathe even though I'm not sick otherwise. It feels like I'm trying to breathe through a wet towel. I'll update if anything changes.

Anyway tl;dr take this shit seriously, you really don't want to be this sick
Get well soon, it sounds like you have been through hell. :(

PhoBingas

Literal goblin
kiwifarms.net
I'm like 95% sure I had the 'rona back in February. Missed time at work, and I was sick as fuck, but not as sick as I thought I would be. It could have been a normal flu or cold, but I had Sars back in like '03. Read a bunch of stuff that if you've had sars Covid doesn't hit you as hard but it could have been bullshit.

No, I didn't get testing, didn't qualify as I never left the city I live in.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Snot is leaking from my nose, I cought it up a liter every minute, my lungs and throat hurt and I got a fever.

Started yesterday at work. Will get it checked out today if possible. Self quarantineing until that, and if positive, I'll check in to a goverment quarantine facility to make cross family infection unlikely.

In Hungary it has a 14% fatality rate. Lets see if our most stringest vaccination regiment actually helped.

Tags
None