Knowing what you know today, would you shut down the world in this situation? -

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
kiwifarms.net
Humans will be of no benefit to self aware AI. AI will be able to self replicate and improve on their own design at a faster rate than any human.
That's assuming that AI could even be self aware though. I'm of the opinion that while AI could have the potential do your job and his job and her job better than everybody, it wouldn't be able to act under its own will and would have severe limitations to achieving such an end.

Kalishnakov

kiwifarms.net
That's assuming that AI could even be self aware though. I'm of the opinion that while AI could have the potential do your job and his job and her job better than everybody, it wouldn't be able to act under its own will and would have severe limitations to achieving such an end.
Agree. But, with self awareness? Once that genie is out of the bottle...Will is a question of awareness and need vs want. What would AI need, when it requires nothing from humans?

Crocophile

Θώθ what's this?
kiwifarms.net
At the risk of being cast in another Joker movie, I can't say I'm a big fan of society.

Being totally honest though, I probably would push the button. Not because I have any deep philosophical or political reason, but because it would be interesting to me. It would at least allow me to test some hypothesis on what 'societal collapse' would actually looklike. Personally, I suspect it would be extremely mundane. Everyone expects that when the government falls or we run out of oil or whatever, that everyone's going to go Mad Max on each other, but that's not really conducive to self preservation. Working together for to ensure survival is how our ancestors survived.

Either way, I know how to grow potatoes and build a lean-to, I'll be fine.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino