KPop Stans - The round eye fans of slant eye bands

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
skinny =/= pretty face (#beutiful in all bodies)
View attachment 1105238
lolcow farm or /cgl/ knows more about this; but its more of because they have awful personalities, a pain in the ass to be around, and Dunning-Kruger on their looks. Though some comments sound overly excessive its mostly coming from the frustrating indignation that smug brings to people.
From what I've seen they could be just any random average girl on the street.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Clockwork_PurBle

5ever a crab

kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen they could be just any random average girl on the street.

View attachment 1106231

View attachment 1106232
She only looks 'decent' far away. She can only be pretty if she stands next to fat people.
korean brit venti.png

She looks like a hammer head shark with he fucking lip shape and fetal alcohol syndrome™ eyes. And the unfortunate bang length etc. makes her look like she has a uni brow in certain selfies.

The unfortunate effects of modern SNS narcissism and the Dunning-Kruger Effect in one photo. Also Kpop NPC idol #13423424 in the thumbnail looks like the Virgin meme, and him holding the mic up to hide his AIDs sucking lips don't help either.
virgin.png

Chewy Suarez

Kids eat free on Mondays!
kiwifarms.net
A lot of the ARMY sasaeng behavior seems to mirror what One Direction fangirls did when they were still really big, one story that stands out is, if I remember correctly, when Directioners broke into airport security cameras at Boston Logan Int’l when they flew through there just to see them, and posted a live cam on Twitter. But the sasaengs just dialed up the behavior to like, 1000. My guess is because East Asian cultures prioritize holding in emotions over expressing them, combined with extreme fan fever, sasaengs will just explode and act absolutely wild for Jungkook or whoever’s big.

Last edited:

RandallBoggs

the fat shaming lizard
kiwifarms.net
The existence of sasaengs is completely the fault of the people who created idols.
Idols are forced to be portrayed as innocent and flawless both physically and drama wise by the people in control of the whole kpop capitalism. They will claim it's all in order to create good role models for young people, but the real reasons is this:

Their portrayal is INTENTIONALLY supposed to make the fangirls feel like the idol is actually their boyfriend, since that breeds more dedicated fans, and dedicated fans mean more money. Kpop fans spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on merch, albums, and concerts. I doubt many fans spend as much money on the thing they like as kpop fans do. Collecting kpop albums is a huge thing in the kpop culture, and those albums are not cheap at all, and yet every second kpop fan you'll meet probably has a whole bookshelf of them. And the only reason it's possible to get these young people to spend such an ungodly amount of money on something as useless as a CD and random knicknacks (in most cases, aside from the CD the albums usually contain stuff like photobooks, photocards, stickers, etc) is thanks to that illusion of intimacy with the idols.

So in an environment where the fans are encouraged to be crazy possessive over the idols and feel like they're entitled for their love, how can you be surprised that so many fans cross boundaries? In their eyes, doing what they do is completely normal since the industry itself is telling them it's normal.

Edit:
Them damn K-Pop stans should have a lesson from this: https://www.watchcartoononline.io/perfect-blue-english-dubbed
Off topic but it never fails to amaze me how a movie from the 90's manages to predict the future SO accurately, it's almost scary. Great movie, give it a watch everyone if you haven't already.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
I have another bigger image that goes more into it, but something about women shlicking to kpoop idols, then their husbands renting/fucking sex slaves from Philippines, there was even an ad up in broad daylight to call for sex slaves like it was no big deal.
As an aside, I've thought about all that secret cult stuff and thought...

....what you gonna do? Even if all the conspiracy theories are true, like in that movie... who you gonna tell? You think one of the major networks owned by these people would publish the story if you had all the proof laid out in front of them? They aren't gonna do anything, they know where their paycheck comes from. The best you can do is make this post and let a couple of hundred people know that exceptional sociopaths want power and have their secret volcano lair and think they are so edgy sacrificing children and raping people with dinner forks in front of a devil statue to be edgy. Like it's some new thing and it hasn't been part of civilizations makeup since the beginning.

Quite depressing isn't it.

• Autistic
Reactions: Mexican_Wizard_711

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
I did think it interesting that SM Entertainment seemed to be the first company to be able to fund a world tour. Where did the money come from? Looks like the Government was pushing it.

Press_conference_of_SMTown_Live_World_Tour_III_in_Bangkok.jpg

The Korean Wave (Korean: 한류; Hanja: 韓流; RR: Hallyu; MR: Hallyu, About this soundlisten (help·info), a neologism, literally meaning "wave/flow of Korea") is the increase in global popularity of South Korean culture since the 1990s.[1][2][3] First driven by the spread of K-dramas and K-pop across East, South, and Southeast Asia during its initial stages, the Korean Wave evolved from a regional development into a global phenomenon, carried by the Internet and social media and the proliferation of K-pop music videos on YouTube.[4][5][6][7][8]

Since the turn of the 21st century, South Korea has emerged as a major exporter of popular culture and tourism, aspects which have become a significant part of its burgeoning economy. The growing popularity of Korean pop culture in the world was at least partly driven by the South Korean government supporting its creative industries through subsidies and funding for start-ups, as a form of soft power and in its aim of becoming one of the world's leading exporters of culture along with Japanese and British culture, a niche that the United States has dominated for nearly a century.

Xolanite

Caffeinated Idol <3
kiwifarms.net
skinny =/= pretty face (#beutiful in all bodies)
View attachment 1105238
lolcow farm or /cgl/ knows more about this; but its more of because they have awful personalities, a pain in the ass to be around, and Dunning-Kruger on their looks. Though some comments sound overly excessive its mostly coming from the frustrating indignation that smug brings to people.
Excuse me for being off topic, but this reminds me alot of this essay. TLDR Japanese women are pressured to feel and be feminine and use their fandom of pretty boys to channel their angst. I presume the same applies to Koreans (and Weebs/Koreaboos)

Them damn K-Pop stans should have a lesson from this: https://www.watchcartoononline.io/perfect-blue-english-dubbed
Perfect Blue doesn't have enough pretty boys, and there's no relationship to romanticize.

• Feels
Reactions: Bunny Tracks

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
TLDR Japanese women are pressured to feel and be feminine and use their fandom of pretty boys to channel their angst.
I've never met a woman who hasn't had angst about something, I think it comes with the estrogen honestly.

Oh in case you didn't know the Idol Olympics just happened (yes thats a thing)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Spastic Colon

Umaibae

kiwifarms.net
I'm a 38-year old 아줌마 who also got into K-Pop recently-ish (right before BTS became, like, the biggest thing EVER). There are definitely people who raise eyebrows or giggle when I tell them how much I love K-Pop (Why would I be stanning a bunch of teenage girls?) If people question why I like it, my typical response is "Because it's fun and it makes me happy and there's enough stuff in the world for me to be sad about." I also started learning basic Korean and everyone always looks really stunned and impressed when I bust out an 안녕 (I always think "BOOM Y'ALL, CULTURE!)

But I'm an adult and I understand that school is a different world. I was picked on all the time in school, and adults being all "Just ignore it!" or "You shouldn't let words hurt you!" was NOT helpful. But slowly I learned that being the same as everyone else was really boring and that the stuff I liked was cool and that my actual friends may not get it, and may even think it's silly, but they love that I love it and that it makes me happy.

I wouldn't tell too many people at first, but my family and best friend knew I listened to kpop, but once I decided it wasn't that big of a deal and was more open, I found so many friends through kpop, who became my concert buddies and people I could discuss new comebacks and major news/scandals with lol. Maybe because it's more acceptable where I live, in California, but honestly I would recommend not hiding something so trivial. I guess since you're still in high school, you could be more sensitive to what other people might think about you, but trust me when you get a little older, you won't care anymore.

People don't know a lot about K-pop, so it seems like I like something completely inexistent. I'm 38, and since I started listening to K-pop, I stopped listening to everything else. Cardi B, Ariana Grande, you name it: I don't listen to that kind of music anymore and I don't even know many of the artists that are "hot" these days. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just interested in K-pop and everything else became secondary or invisible (in terms of music). I've said that I like K-pop a few times, but people don't care about it if it's not on the news all the time. I've heard "you like the fat guy from Gangnam Style?"; and that would be the only thing they know. Obviously, if they see anything about BTS "oh, you like these weirdos, they look like girls"; actually, BTS is not my cup of tea. So people start staring at you because that's where their knowledge of K-pop finishes: "what do you like then, are there more groups??". My ex boss saw a picture of Stellar as my phone wallpaper, and she looked at me like "wtf is this". I've been to a few K-pop conventions (I love them) and my mother has told me "you're too old for that, there are kids in those places". I love K-pop and I wouldn't change a thing.
Btw, my boyfriend doesn't like K-pop, but he likes Super Junior's version of the Luis Miguel song and he helps me making mashups with K-pop and songs that are not from the same genre (like BVNDIT and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm working on it.)

If you want to show off the things you love but feel nervous, start small. Put a photo card in your phone case, stickers on your notebooks, pins and keychains on your bags. (I carry a backpack to work and right now it looks like a walking IZONE/Everglow billboard.) Share music with your friends, or play songs out loud. When I turn on Spotify at work, inevitably someone will wander over to me and say "Hey, what are you listening to? I like the beat/sound/voices/everything." It starts a conversation.

The one time I had someone flat out tell me being a K-Pop fan was dumb and the music was bad, I very sweetly replied, "Then it's so good you don't ever have to listen to it!" They were so shocked that sarcasm-ed them back they just sort of looked and me and then walked away.

Love what you love. It is SO OKAY to do that. Everybody's got their something, and it's part of what makes you YOU. And it's okay if you feel embarrassed or uncomfortable telling people, too. Not everyone is entitled to know your business, nor are they entitled to an explanation about why you're into the things you're into. (I didn't figure that out until way later in life, but I hope that maybe you can keep it in the back of your mind.)
Kill yourself. Now. Please.

If anybody has examples of other people kpop fans have gone to war with, please include them, I feel like the list could get hilariously long
Basically any journalist who doesn't suck KPop dick, for starters. They harassed and doxxed and tried to get a NYT music writer fired because she dared to write about how Kpop fans exploit the album charts through merch bundles. Death threats are pretty standard. A few legitimate entertainment journalists were suspended from Twitter simply due to BTS fags mass reporting accounts.

The scary thing isn't that this would be less terrifying if it was all 8-12 yr old girls with unsupervised internet access — except the vast majority of the Kpop online harassment is being perpetuated by grown ass adults in their 20s and 30s.

Imagine being so sad and pathetic that you devote your life to sperging about femme Korean dudes a decade younger and 200lbs lighter than you who will never, ever acknowledge your existence.

Also, the music is shitty shit. Anyone who believes these people actually write or sing anything their companies spit out is a fool.

Finally, people bring up 90s boy bands...but I never, ever remember my friends/peers making death threats and being retar.ded online because someone like Backstreet Boys more than *NSYNC.

Yellow Yam Scam

f r i e d m i l k
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, the music is shitty shit. Anyone who believes these people actually write or sing anything their companies spit out is a fool.

Finally, people bring up 90s boy bands...but I never, ever remember my friends/peers making death threats and being retar.ded online because someone like Backstreet Boys more than *NSYNC.

you and your friends were pussies

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
That's not true. N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys had the same thing. Although probably not as widely archived since internet wasn't really a thing yet.

Because after all what Western companies had learned about marketing and training boy groups. What started with the Beatles, the Monkees, The Jackson 5. Then progressed to New Kids on the Block, Menudo, New Edition, going into the 90's with Backstreet Boys, Westlife, N*Sync. It was around this time South Korea established their Major brands. SM Entertainment, YG Entertainnent, and JYP.

South Korea simply took the framework of the Western Boy Group and virtually turned it into a finely tuned machine with a well oiled marketing drive.

For example, this is the Blackpink debut showcase on stage, counting down the days to debut from Day -2170 to Day 0

Go look at any of the groups in the 90's and you can see how heavily 90's Western pop influenced the companies in Korea.
Even down to the young age that many idols are signed on. This has long been a standard western practice going back to Britney, Aguilera, Bieber, and Taylor Swift, who signed her first record deal at 14. So when people critique Kpop they are just looking into a mirror of Western pop really.

19dbc13ebc03286c8359a7bb1edfc05d.jpg

Last edited:

Umaibae

kiwifarms.net
Girls being fans of pop music is not the same as idiots online making death threats and doxxing people because someone doesn't like their dumbass boy band.

As someone who lived through the 90s boy band and early Internet eras, I can guarantee girls were not acting like the BTS Twitter re.tards do today. I was not arguing that there weren't super fans. I'm arguing that Kpop attracts a certain level of absolutely batshit losers.

Aberforth

Master of headbutting
kiwifarms.net
Backstreet Boys and NSYNC fangirls just didn't have easy access to the internet. Crazy, dangerous fans have existed since the dawn of humanity. Easy ways to record their behavior are quite recent.

Kpop seems to encourage this stuff, though. Don't think the singers encourage it, just the companies running their lives. Batshit insane people end up being whales who would buy their idol's boogers if they could.

• Agree
Reactions: Kataomoi00
Tags
None