Laci Green Tranny Autism/Sperging -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Gender dysphoria, as defined in the DSM-V, isn't trangenderism per se but the anxieties and emotional problems that stem from being transgender. If you want to argue that the DSM is political and not the be-all, end-all of abnormal psychology, that's fine, but you have to make and defend that argument. I'm guessing that your idea that gender dysphoria is a "sub-illness" of body dysphoria is something you got from watching youtube videos, since I don't believe scientific psychology characterizes them in that way. Steve Crowder isn't a scientist, "bruh." And BDD isn't characterized as an anxiety disorder, although they're frequently comorbid.

As for sex/gender/mutants/intersex, again, you're thinking like you've just watched edgy Milo Yiannopolous youtube videos or something. I think it's telling why you totally ignored the existence of CAIS and its ramifications, because it presents a real-world situation where someone can be XY and not even the person could have any idea they're chromosomally male. I'm guessing you think that chromosomes act like a computer program that construct all the morphological characteristics of a person that variations in the result are the result of radiation, right? And intersex itself does mean that sex/chromosomes is more complicated than just chromosomal sex. If you want to cling to that definition, then great, you've just made the case that Klinefelter's is a separate sex.

Nature doesn't have teleological aims. Nature doesn't know what male or female is. "Mutant" in the pejorative sense that implies that there's something written in the universe that decides what's a normal biological feature and abnormal outside of human value judgments isn't actually real, and intersex people usually aren't "mutants" in the scientific usage of the word. Intersex is usually caused by environmental factors, such as hormonal factors in utero. That means that chromosomes (probably) aren't even the cause of the intersex condition. Thus, exactly my point, sexual differentiation in an organism is not shaped solely by chromosomes. A person with a vagina and large breasts and hidden, "vestigial" testes instead of ovaries isn't someone you're going to stick in the men's locker room.

There's almost no scientist in a related field to this that thinks that "sex and gender" boils down to just chromosomes, if not for the simple fact that chromosomes by themselves do not determine development. Chromosomes aren't some little constructor programs like some hypothetical science fiction nanotechnology shit.

That said there is no utility in describing any sexes other than male and female, and intersex itself is just an amalgamation of male and female parts.

Furthermore, "male" and "female," in common usage, is not a person referring to the XX or XY pattern of a person's sex chromosomes. That's why I view this on more of a multifactor scale and distinguish between phenotype and genotype. Chromosomally, someone will always be either male or female (or one of the few outliers that don't vary significantly from either XX or XY) regardless of how they appear or present because by definition that's chromosomal sex. But chromosomal sex is not the only factor people look at, again, for the same reason that we don't throw in CAIS women in the men's locker room. You can label them "freaks" all you want for your internet good boy points but that doesn't change the fact that externally they appear fully female while having XY chromoomes.

Eagerly awaiting the accusation of me being a "cuck" while you gingerly stroke your signed photograph of Ben Shapiro.

I actually have a degree in a related field to this. I'm not exactly saying stuff that is controversial, except maybe within memelord circles.

lol cuck

fried_kooch

#1 bibleman fan
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Gender dysphoria, as defined in the DSM-V, isn't trangenderism per se but the anxieties and emotional problems that stem from being transgender. If you want to argue that the DSM is political and not the be-all, end-all of abnormal psychology, that's fine, but you have to make and defend that argument. I'm guessing that your idea that gender dysphoria is a "sub-illness" of body dysphoria is something you got from watching youtube videos, since I don't believe scientific psychology characterizes them in that way. Steve Crowder isn't a scientist, "bruh." And BDD isn't characterized as an anxiety disorder, although they're frequently comorbid.

As for sex/gender/mutants/intersex, again, you're thinking like you've just watched edgy Milo Yiannopolous youtube videos or something. I think it's telling why you totally ignored the existence of CAIS and its ramifications, because it presents a real-world situation where someone can be XY and not even the person could have any idea they're chromosomally male. I'm guessing you think that chromosomes act like a computer program that construct all the morphological characteristics of a person that variations in the result are the result of radiation, right? And intersex itself does mean that sex/chromosomes is more complicated than just chromosomal sex. If you want to cling to that definition, then great, you've just made the case that Klinefelter's is a separate sex.

Nature doesn't have teleological aims. Nature doesn't know what male or female is. "Mutant" in the pejorative sense that implies that there's something written in the universe that decides what's a normal biological feature and abnormal outside of human value judgments isn't actually real, and intersex people usually aren't "mutants" in the scientific usage of the word. Intersex is usually caused by environmental factors, such as hormonal factors in utero. That means that chromosomes (probably) aren't even the cause of the intersex condition. Thus, exactly my point, sexual differentiation in an organism is not shaped solely by chromosomes. A person with a vagina and large breasts and hidden, "vestigial" testes instead of ovaries isn't someone you're going to stick in the men's locker room.

There's almost no scientist in a related field to this that thinks that "sex and gender" boils down to just chromosomes, if not for the simple fact that chromosomes by themselves do not determine development. Chromosomes aren't some little constructor programs like some hypothetical science fiction nanotechnology shit.

That said there is no utility in describing any sexes other than male and female, and intersex itself is just an amalgamation of male and female parts.

Furthermore, "male" and "female," in common usage, is not a person referring to the XX or XY pattern of a person's sex chromosomes. That's why I view this on more of a multifactor scale and distinguish between phenotype and genotype. Chromosomally, someone will always be either male or female (or one of the few outliers that don't vary significantly from either XX or XY) regardless of how they appear or present because by definition that's chromosomal sex. But chromosomal sex is not the only factor people look at, again, for the same reason that we don't throw in CAIS women in the men's locker room. You can label them "freaks" all you want for your internet good boy points but that doesn't change the fact that externally they appear fully female while having XY chromoomes.

Eagerly awaiting the accusation of me being a "cuck" while you gingerly stroke your signed photograph of Ben Shapiro.

I actually have a degree in a related field to this. I'm not exactly saying stuff that is controversial, except maybe within memelord circles.
wow,
do you really expect me to read
all that shit?

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Because the world is SO BAD, like diet soda.
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Gender Studies degrees were worthless, lo and behold I could've been using one to win troon arguments on the internet this whole time!

Hah, no way, I have an actual science degree, not studies in quasi-marxist ideology.

My main contention is simply that saying that sex = chromosomes is exceptional because of the phenotypic / genotypic distinction. Even XX Males exist. It's just really exceptional to say that all that matters in these cases is XX or XY chromosomes. That's factually wrong, uncontroversially so unless you're specifying genetic sex, and it just gives people like that Riley faggot ammo to knock down a really weak argument. I've been attacking the "there are infinite sexes" argument, and when you do that you have to pre-empt the above objections I've made. Some of you are exactly as incapable of nuance as social justice warriors are, just trying to jerk each other off with slogans lifted from "edgy" youtubers. I'd rather you edgelords win out on these matters since I'm sick of hearing trans people whine and bitch but that requires you to realize that not everything is black and white. and arguing that sex is ONLY related to chromosomes is demonstrably wrong given how human being develop in utero.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Hah, no way, I have an actual science degree, not studies in quasi-marxist ideology.

My main contention is simply that saying that sex = chromosomes is exceptional because of the phenotypic / genotypic distinction. Even XX Males exist. It's just really exceptional to say that all that matters in these cases is XX or XY chromosomes. That's factually wrong, uncontroversially so unless you're specifying genetic sex, and it just gives people like that Riley faggot ammo to knock down a really weak argument. I've been attacking the "there are infinite sexes" argument, and when you do that you have to pre-empt the above objections I've made. Some of you are exactly as incapable of nuance as social justice warriors are, just trying to jerk each other off with slogans lifted from "edgy" youtubers. I'd rather you edgelords win out on these matters since I'm sick of hearing trans people whine and bitch but that requires you to realize that not everything is black and white. and arguing that sex is ONLY related to chromosomes is demonstrably wrong given how human being develop in utero.

I feel like you may be reading too much into this thread, but I don't think anyone discounts super rare genetic mutations (the XX male you linked only had 150 reported cases world wide, which is insanely rare. You are substantially more likely to be hit by lightning [240,000 per yer] or killed by lightning [6,000 per year]).

An insanely small (less than a rounding error) population of people with genetic mutations doesn't even being to explain the huge surge of transgendered people (which is actually entirely social, because it's an "in" thing in some circles right now). Although the trans community kind of leans into that data, it's just simply a mutation. Being born intersex or some other mutation is substantially less likely than being born missing a limb, having an extra limb, having extra digits or teeth, etc and we don't treat any of those as a major lifestyle.

You're falling for a trick that trans activists use but if you have a degree (or are pursuing one) you have to be able to realize that while these genetic deformities exist, people with said deformities make up 0.01% of just the Transgender population (appx 1.4 million people according to google) - which means when you're talking to or dealing with a trans person there is a 99.99% that their illness is not caused by a mutation, rather it's a mental issue. They pull out the "intersex" card to try and deflect from that specific point.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
I feel like you may be reading too much into this thread, but I don't think anyone discounts super rare genetic mutations (the XX male you linked only had 150 reported cases world wide, which is insanely rare. You are substantially more likely to be hit by lightning [240,000 per yer] or killed by lightning [6,000 per year]).

An insanely small (less than a rounding error) population of people with genetic mutations doesn't even being to explain the huge surge of transgendered people (which is actually entirely social, because it's an "in" thing in some circles right now). Although the trans community kind of leans into that data, it's just simply a mutation. Being born intersex or some other mutation is substantially less likely than being born missing a limb, having an extra limb, having extra digits or teeth, etc and we don't treat any of those as a major lifestyle.

You're falling for a trick that trans activists use but if you have a degree (or are pursuing one) you have to be able to realize that while these genetic deformities exist, people with said deformities make up 0.01% of just the Transgender population (appx 1.4 million people according to google) - which means when you're talking to or dealing with a trans person there is a 99.99% that their illness is not caused by a mutation, rather it's a mental issue. They pull out the "intersex" card to try and deflect from that specific point.

Mutants and retards. All of 'em.

GoutCrystals

kiwifarms.net
~~Sperging~~.

The existence of genetic fuck ups (intersex) does not make a male now a female or vice versa. Intersex people are intersex.

Your argument (b-b-but muh intersex) does not relate to troons.

Just because some people are born with something like progeria or Syndrome X doesn't mean that trans-age exists or that people can self declare their age.

Medicated

Pedophile
kiwifarms.net

The chances of being XX Male is somewhere around 0.002% Which shows you are again using absolute fringe genetic and gestational abnormalities of different kinds, to back up transgender claims that transgenderism is some sort of commonly occurring medical condition When it's more like watching Elvis impersonators telling Psychs they believe they are Elvis, and if they don't call them Elvis they'll kill themselves, and then Psychs adding it to the DSM-V.

If you think the DSM is the absolute final word on mental health, you can always go back to read DSM-1 where gays and lesbians were part of the mental illness categories. Under pathological fear of the opposite sex. It's merely a consensus on opinion from Psychologists.

And if you've ever gone to University to become a Psychologist, you know they are usually nearly unhinged as their patients.