Laptop Advice! - need help fam

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Ido

Still alive
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, my laptop fan broke (again) and is overheating (AGAIN, I can feel it through the tray it's on), it's like 3 years. It's a gaming laptop, so anything I get would be a downgrade, which is where I'm having trouble, I have to be able to use art programs like photoshop and whatever else I can get my hands on. I'd like a touchscreen that was fold-able so I could draw right on it, but am down for whatever will be best. I don't really do much on this thing other than internet and photoshop, so gaming isn't an issue.

My limit is around $700, I was told something like this could work, but since idk wtf I'm doing, plz help!

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you get a refurbished one make sure they actually reinstall the os from scratch.
Last one I got half assed it and it still had stuff in the system registry from the previous user.

If you need to get a bit more milage out of your dying one I've had decent luck overcoming dead laptop fans with a wire rack like they sell for kitchen counter organizing and a big household fan blowing across it.

Antipathy

Extreme Repugnance
kiwifarms.net
Get a desktop. They're generally better made, and easier to cool. I also suggest turning the computer off if it gets too hot.

about:blank

Blank Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Replace the fan, blow out the dust, and pull off the cpu and gpu heatsinks and apply some fresh arctic silver

• Informative
Reactions: Ido