Lead Producer of Anthem AND the next Dragon Age left Bioware - Tumbling down, tumbling down

Wärring Ornac

But it was never the streets that were evil.
kiwifarms.net
Anthem lead producer Ben Irving announces departure from BioWare (Archive)
Ben Irving, lead producer on Anthem (as well as regular developer livestream face and frequent spokesperson for the team), has announced his departure from BioWare after eight years.
In a tweet sharing the news, Irving wrote, "Since the first time I played Baldur's Gate many many years ago, BioWare was the dream place I always wanted to work."
That dream became a reality in 2011, with Irving most prominently serving as lead producer on Star Wars: The Old Republic before joining the Anthem team in 2017.

"I believe Anthem has a bright future," Irving's tweet continued, "there is a great team working on it and I look forward to following its progress (and playing it!) from the sidelines."
"I will forever be grateful to all the people who gave me the chance to work on great products with amazing people", he wrote.
Irving's departure from BioWare follows the long-awaited release of Anthem's much-trumpeted Cataclysm event, and comes just shy of six months after the game's troubled launch.
While Irving hasn't yet shared details on his next venture, his tweet did tease that he's moving on to an "exciting opportunity at another gaming company".

Lead producer of next Dragon Age game leaves BioWare (Archive)
Fernando Melo, lead producer on BioWare's upcoming Dragon Age game, has left the studio, following Anthem lead producer Ben Irving out of the exit door.
Melo worked as a senior producer on Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 before becoming director of online development in 2011. In 2015, he left the role to work on the online portion of Mass Effect: Andromeda, and was later made lead producer on the next Dragon Age game, codenamed Morrison.

Melo said he wanted "time to disconnect and explore a couple ideas for next chapter in my career".
https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/1162585550273912832

In a parting email to his BioWare Edmonton colleagues, which you can see in the tweet thread above, Melo said Morrison was "well underway to becoming the definitive Dragon Age experience".
"I'm incredibly proud and honoured to have played a part in that. I'll be eagerly awaiting the opportunity to experience the next Dragon Age as a fan this time around."
Last month, a short story collection all but confirmed the setting for the next Dragon Age game.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Shall we create a killpool to wager on how long it takes Bioware to be taken out back?

Stickman-Papa-EA-comic_582069_1.jpg

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dragon Age 4 will never get released and trans-creatures years from now will harp about DA SPESHUL GAYME and how the white matriarchy disguised as the patriarchy killed it so then they will undertake the great quest of making a spiritual successor to Dragon Age. However they will fail to udnerstand what made the first game so special and that it used AD&D rule sets for combat and the only thing they will think that that defined dragon age was it's gay romance set in medieval settings and kill 10X quests.

So trannies will throw away millions trying to back multiple Dragon Age Successor kickstarters with the only released ones being glorified visual novels and CYOA with very little player exploration or actual combat.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
And nothing of value was lost.

Dragon Age 4 will never get released and trans-creatures years from now will harp about DA SPESHUL GAYME and how the white matriarchy disguised as the patriarchy killed it so then they will undertake the great quest of making a spiritual successor to Dragon Age. However they will fail to udnerstand what made the first game so special and that it used AD&D rule sets for combat and the only thing they will think that that defined dragon age was it's gay romance set in medieval settings and kill 10X quests.

So trannies will throw away millions trying to back multiple Dragon Age Successor kickstarters with the only released ones being glorified visual novels and CYOA with very little player exploration or actual combat.
What's your Wattpad profile?

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
This makes me sad... I got really into Dragon Age after the first one and the expansion. 2 was between good and okay but it came out fast at least. 3 had good story telling so i stuck with it through the DLC but now there's just going to be this blob of a game. Like when a movie has too many assistant directors and associate producers its always garbage. That will be DA4.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dragon Age 4 most likely will get released. It was actually cancelled but then relaunched shortly before Anthem.

What's key is that when it got relaunched by EA the entire game design was changed from a singleplayer rpg into a GaaS title with microtransactions. Essentially the way they described it was "Anthem with swords". That's most likely why the lead developer left the studio. It'll still end up disappointing everyone regardless.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dragon Age 4 most likely will get released. It was actually cancelled but then relaunched shortly before Anthem.

What's key is that when it got relaunched by EA the entire game design was changed from a singleplayer rpg into a GaaS title with microtransactions. Essentially the way they described it was "Anthem with swords". That's most likely why the lead developer left the studio.
This all sounds so terrible that this is quite possibly the worst thing ever and lessens the negative impact of Activision adding microtransactions to crash team racing in comparison.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
What's key is that when it got relaunched by EA the entire game design was changed from a singleplayer rpg into a GaaS title with microtransactions. Essentially the way they described it was "Anthem with swords".
That's not really a surprise. ME:Andromeda was Cisquisition in space.
It's interesting that EA has not closed down one of the Bioware studios yet, especially after the failure of Anthem.