Left-wing politics as a strategy for cartel formation -

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
I suspect that “progressive” politics is at its core basically a means of cartel formation. Adam Smith theorized that actors denigrated their own trade to keep people from wanting to become actors, thereby lowering the number of people who end up becoming actors and increasing their own wages. Maybe left-wing politics serves the same purpose. They always seem to be weirdly strong in trades where there is a huge amount of demand for those positions, professorships, creative jobs, government service, etc. If you can’t keep others out by lowering wages, thereby defeating the whole purpose of the trade, you can maybe keep people out by making the prospect of working with you so toxic that most people will just stay away. Maybe leftism accomplishes this by deliberately crafting political and social viewpoints utterly alien to the vast majority of people.

Last edited:

Ita Mori

💔This is the best way to go💔
kiwifarms.net
You overestimate the intelligence of cartels members, most of whom were born in poverty and barely finished elementary school.
Most cartel members join because it's the only route to success they know. The government has fucked them completely and their society glorifies crime the way morons in the US glorify crime via hip-hop.
The idea that they're pushing idpol and other leftist hot topics today is a stretch, specially when homosexuality is punished with death among cartel groups. They'd oppose it on principle.
It just suits them fine that America is weaker than it's been in decades.

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
Maybe left-wing politics serves the same purpose. They always seem to be weirdly strong in trades where there is a huge amount of demand for those positions, professorships, creative jobs, government service, etc.

Considering how public transport always seems to become less reliable post-privatisation, I'm inclined to believe those public transport wokers' unions might be onto something.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suspect that “progressive” politics is at its core basically a means of cartel formation. Adam Smith theorized that actors denigrated their own trade to keep people from wanting to become actors, thereby lowering the number of people who want to become actors and increasing their own wages. Maybe left-wing politics serves the same purpose. They always seem to be weirdly strong in trades where there is a huge amount of demand for those positions, professorships, creative jobs, government service, etc. If you can’t keep others out by lowering wages, thereby defeating the whole purpose of the trade, you can maybe keep people out by making the prospect of working with you so toxic that most people will just stay away. Maybe leftism accomplishes this by deliberately crafting political and social viewpoints utterly alien to the vast majority of people.
That doesn't make sense. They have tenure so why would they do that? The positons are already rat-races and they don't even really pay all that well all things considered.

They're just retarded people getting caught up in fads, lifestyles and bizzare ideologies that require alot of twists in logic. Smart people who thrive off of testing and rote memorization are especially vulnerable to the latter. Muhammad memorizes he Quran and Trish memorizes Foucault.

You overestimate the intelligence of cartels members, most of whom were born in poverty and barely finished elementary school.
Most cartel members join because it's the only route to success they know. The government has fucked them completely and their society glorifies crime the way morons in the US glorify crime via hip-hop.
The idea that they're pushing idpol and other leftist hot topics today is a stretch, specially when homosexuality is punished with death among cartel groups. They'd oppose it on principle.
Even those types of cartels are just retarded people. Even when they become successful musicians they still decide to just kill people for no reason.

WeWuzFinns

Armed with the cap of flame and goggles of speed.
kiwifarms.net
Leftism has certainly an aspect of eliminating competition trough an accusation of being against it. Whites are the most susceptible for cancellations and blacks and Jews are the most resistant. Pretty much the only methods for non-whites to be cancelled are accusations of systematic rape and anti-semitism.

All the honest ones have been eliminated by the more conniving ones. Making mistakes is so easy that all the white supporters left are some sorts of a sociopaths who will stab you in the back at the earliest opportunity they get. The not so vocal supporters are just useful idiots who have internalized the rhetoric but don't have the brainpower to chew it down.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
hes talking about cartels in the economic sense (competitors in the same field colluding to engage in price fixing and gatekeeping for the collective benefit of their field, to the detriment of the market at large)
not about violent organized crime from mexico

Mother puss bucket

OC Do not steal
kiwifarms.net
You're correct but it's not a planned thing as much as it's an evolutionary process. Spics will act in racial tribalist ways, the cartels being the top dog in Spixico means they benefit from the racial tribalism. It's similar to the other racial in group theories, where natural instincts build into political juggernauts. Like BLM isn't political on the ground level, it's nigs being nigs.

Ita Mori

💔This is the best way to go💔
kiwifarms.net
hes talking about cartels in the economic sense (competitors in the same field colluding to engage in price fixing and gatekeeping for the collective benefit of their field, to the detriment of the market at large)
Yeah I saw that too late.
In my defense it was 5 am. Gimme my puzzle piece anyway.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
You're overthinking it, its just a grift and people promoting this are enriching themselves through race consulting fees and new diversity positions that didnt exist before because the whole concept is just retarded

The only reason this is promoted its because of money, nobody puts this much effort into something that wont pay off. Its the same reason why I always distrust big NGOs and foundations, and big surprise they always have a CEO with a 7-figures wage

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as someone who’s interacted with a lot of these types in the past, nope. Despite how insane their beliefs may seem, they really do drink the Kool-Aid. As in, you’re dealing with a lot more true-believers than you think, who actually do believe that they’re fighting for a more just world, and that anyone who doesn’t believe as they do is an awful scorpion-person, or whatever childish pejorative they can think up. Any cartels that result from this are just things taking their course from that.

To quote C.S. Lewis:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

I find that it is much more useful to model Wokesterism as a new-age religious belief. It has all the features of one. It has a gospel, consisting of a mishmash of Marx, Derrida, Foucault, and Habermas. It has a priestly caste; the college professors who proselytize to their students. It has a set of taboos; race, gender, sex, violence, sexual violence. It has a notion of the rapture, in the form of a promised social justice utopia, one that can only be achieved when all the infidels are either converted or crushed. Sound familiar?

I think a more useful question is whether or not cults function as cartels, which, I mean, yeah, they do. That is one of their most basic functions, in fact: rooting out and persecuting non-believers who may have dissimilar values to your own.

Large

kiwifarms.net
I suspect that “progressive” politics is at its core basically a means of cartel formation. Adam Smith theorized that actors denigrated their own trade to keep people from wanting to become actors, thereby lowering the number of people who end up becoming actors and increasing their own wages. Maybe left-wing politics serves the same purpose. They always seem to be weirdly strong in trades where there is a huge amount of demand for those positions, professorships, creative jobs, government service, etc. If you can’t keep others out by lowering wages, thereby defeating the whole purpose of the trade, you can maybe keep people out by making the prospect of working with you so toxic that most people will just stay away. Maybe leftism accomplishes this by deliberately crafting political and social viewpoints utterly alien to the vast majority of people.

Nope. Just faggots

Well obviously there's that, too.

Considering how public transport always seems to become less reliable post-privatisation, I'm inclined to believe those public transport wokers' unions might be onto something.

That doesn't make sense. They have tenure so why would they do that? The positons are already rat-races and they don't even really pay all that well all things considered.

They're just retarded people getting caught up in fads, lifestyles and bizzare ideologies that require alot of twists in logic. Smart people who thrive off of testing and rote memorization are especially vulnerable to the latter. Muhammad memorizes he Quran and Trish memorizes Foucault.

Even those types of cartels are just retarded people. Even when they become successful musicians they still decide to just kill people for no reason.

Leftism has certainly an aspect of eliminating competition trough an accusation of being against it. Whites are the most susceptible for cancellations and blacks and Jews are the most resistant. Pretty much the only methods for non-whites to be cancelled are accusations of systematic rape and anti-semitism.

All the honest ones have been eliminated by the more conniving ones. Making mistakes is so easy that all the white supporters left are some sorts of a sociopaths who will stab you in the back at the earliest opportunity they get. The not so vocal supporters are just useful idiots who have internalized the rhetoric but don't have the brainpower to chew it down.

You're correct but it's not a planned thing as much as it's an evolutionary process. Spics will act in racial tribalist ways, the cartels being the top dog in Spixico means they benefit from the racial tribalism. It's similar to the other racial in group theories, where natural instincts build into political juggernauts. Like BLM isn't political on the ground level, it's nigs being nigs.

Yeah I saw that too late.
In my defense it was 5 am. Gimme my puzzle piece anyway.

Well, I have always thought that wokeness was used to eliminate the competition. Look at YA twitter where it's extremely obvious that a few bitches are trying to make it so that anyone who doesn't bow down to them and their ideology can't get a book deal or will be shamed out of publishing.

You're overthinking it, its just a grift and people promoting this are enriching themselves through race consulting fees and new diversity positions that didnt exist before because the whole concept is just retarded

The only reason this is promoted its because of money, nobody puts this much effort into something that wont pay off. Its the same reason why I always distrust big NGOs and foundations, and big surprise they always have a CEO with a 7-figures wage

Speaking as someone who’s interacted with a lot of these types in the past, nope. Despite how insane their beliefs may seem, they really do drink the Kool-Aid. As in, you’re dealing with a lot more true-believers than you think, who actually do believe that they’re fighting for a more just world, and that anyone who doesn’t believe as they do is an awful scorpion-person, or whatever childish pejorative they can think up. Any cartels that result from this are just things taking their course from that.

To quote C.S. Lewis:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

I find that it is much more useful to model Wokesterism as a new-age religious belief. It has all the features of one. It has a gospel, consisting of a mishmash of Marx, Derrida, Foucault, and Habermas. It has a priestly caste; the college professors who proselytize to their students. It has a set of taboos; race, gender, sex, violence, sexual violence. It has a notion of the rapture, in the form of a promised social justice utopia, one that can only be achieved when all the infidels are either converted or crushed. Sound familiar?

I think a more useful question is whether or not cults function as cartels, which, I mean, yeah, they do. That is one of their most basic functions, in fact: rooting out and persecuting non-believers who may have dissimilar values to your own.
Shut up anime pfp

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net

To quote C.S. Lewis:

I guess it's like Harlow from Outer Worlds. He's a "revolutionary" working for the corrupt government and he's described as "an informant, a pirate, a smuggler, and a gang leader all rolled up into one". So leftism could simply be a cult, it could be a generalized sincere belief that people should get along, it could be a jobs program for parasites, it could be a convenient means of constraining the labor market in key areas, it could be all those things because they don't contradict each other.

Last edited:

kuniqsX

my pronouns are go / fuck / yourself
kiwifarms.net
From my experience, professional leftists will become born-again fundies the moment leftist rhetoric becomes verboten. They're the kind of people who would be in Hitlerjugend if they were a teenager in 1930s Germany, or a Klansman in 1950s America.

I think you're overthinking the issue, OP. Wokeism for these people is but a way to signal membership in the Kool Kids Klub.

Neo-Holstien

I'm gonna skooooooom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From my experience, professional leftists will become born-again fundies the moment leftist rhetoric becomes verboten. They're the kind of people who would be in Hitlerjugend if they were a teenager in 1930s Germany, or a Klansman in 1950s America.

I think you're overthinking the issue, OP. Wokeism for these people is but a way to signal membership in the Kool Kids Klub.
the left is a power addict looking for their next fix

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
I think it’s a situation where the powerful utilize progressive zeitgeist to further their own power and create cartels via second level effects, I.e.

- Amazon fighting for a $15 wage- where large corporations can easily absorb the costs, it may reduce margins for smaller companies and make it harder for them to survive
- Pharmaceutical companies benefiting from the current trans phenomenon (which ensures a steady supply of patients)
- The classic theory where racism was pushed by corporate media to displace Occupy Wall Street and divide the 99%, taking heat off of corporations

Personally, I don’t think the rich and powerful really believe in whatever theories are pushed unlike the footsoldiers, they see it instead as just another tool.

However I definitely think it’s a bit fuzzier around the grifters.