Leftist Memes - Or lack thereof...

ButterBar

kiwifarms.net
I DON'T GET IT
WHY ARE THEY IN A BIG LINE? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS COMIC?
IS IT AN I AM SILLY BECAUSE I AGREE WITH PEOPLE THAT I ALREADY AGREE WITH?
IS IT THAT THE SINGLE FACE IS FUNNY?
THAT WAS BOOMER TIER CRINGE.
The one about mexico is kinda funny though.
Its saying that threads like this prove the left can meme as the meme is still being spread around to others to see.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Great Chandler

Vitruvius

Gnaeus, load the onagers.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think a useful analogy to explain the deficiency of leftist memetics is the breeding of dogs. You have two populations of wild dogs completely separated, the "lefty" dogs and "righty" dogs respectively.

The population of righty dogs have no artificial selection, the only basis for breeding is whichever dogs have the strongest genes. "Right wing" spaces tend to have far less censorship than left wing ones which gives ideas, jokes, "memes" a chance to evolve naturally which leads to memes that normal people can actually relate to. So you get strong dogs that survive on their own. Memes that spread organically because they actually resonate with people in a meaningful way.
And now we get to the lefty dogs. This population is constantly culled based on constantly changing flavor of the month "problematic" traits and breeding is artificially selected for maximum virtue, virtue being how good it makes you look to your 67 followers on twitter, without any consideration for the actual quality of the content. So now you have a population of incestuous shambling horrors because all the dogs with strong genes were disposed of for being too problematic. This is how you end up with a wall of impact font text on some shitty background with a picture of sailor moon looking smug because the meme was sanitized 15 times over and now it has to be forced for it to get any kind of traction.

It used to be the exact opposite of this in the Bush era but shit has changed a lot since then. Never thought I'd see the day the right would be considered the edgy side. What a timeline we live in.

AprilRains

Wholesome snackin' for the whole family!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So many words, so little to say.

Also, the cartoon does little to illustrate the desired narrative. The captions only slightly connect to a couple of the frames. The rest are just non sequiturs.

Also, the captions are hard to read. Whoever did this has no talent for layout.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
I don’t even disagree with a lot of this (from a personal standpoint, nothing wrong with suburbs if that’s your thing) and Christ this is an awful attempt at a meme
When you make an unfunny cartoon, then decide to explain the "joke" in the comments:
View attachment 813866
What a waste of a triple word score.

I do at least appreciate the autistic attention to detail of putting in all the bonus spots and letter values

AprilRains

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The left are completely tight assed, joyless, humorless fucks these days.

So not only can they not meme, they're not funny in general.
As i think I've said before, the basis of humor is incongruity, which in turn requires a sense of proportion that can frame such incongruities. Monomaniacs don't have a sense of proportion; their perspective is the first victim of their disorder.

It is, therefore, a bad sign when a movement is largely lacking in humor. Look at the Birchers of old -- spectacularly unfunny, and now on the ash-heap of history.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
As i think I've said before, the basis of humor is incongruity, which in turn requires a sense of proportion that can frame such incongruities. Monomaniacs don't have a sense of proportion; their perspective is the first victim of their disorder.

It is, therefore, a bad sign when a movement is largely lacking in humor. Look at the Birchers of old -- spectacularly unfunny, and now on the ash-heap of history.
You've hit the nail on the head.

if it's one thing they lack it's any and all sense of proportion.

AprilRains

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The other plank of humor is surprise. Inflexible ideologues can't stand surprises. They want everything to proceed according to an order they determine.

Combine this with their lack of perspective and it's easy to see why they'd mistrust humor. They don't want a sudden, subversive change of perspective to undermine their chosen narrative. All narratives are susceptible to being undermined this way. It's a poor narrative that cannot survive it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino