Leftist Memes - Or lack thereof...

TheProdigalStunna

Fucking destruction
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@tuscangarder is the only leftist to make me laugh, at least when saying left-wing things (Nick Mullen and Zizek get a pass, but their sense of humor is mostly apolitical and verges on right-wing). 100% serious. And I say this as a person with pretty left-wing economic views.

I've thought a bit about this. I think the secret sauce to comedy which the modern left just can't do is not to take yourself too seriously and not to morally grandstand. I think Norm McDonald said it best that one of the big failings of a lot of comedy is that the audience never wants to feel dumber than the guy on stage. A lot of left-wing humor is predicated on the fact that the speaker is morally and intellectually better than you. Compare that to someone like Sam Hyde or weev or Donald Trump, who you would never take to be your moral better. They tap into your id, they say the thing you're not supposed to say, and at the same time you know they're not a hero for saying it. Most of all, they can do it flippantly. That, I feel, is what makes something funny. Sure, Bill Hicks making fun of fundamentalist rednecks might have seemed like a revelation in 1992 to disaffected 20-year-olds, but now it's something you are supposed to say. I'm not one of those guys that says left-wing thought is in anyway dominant (neoliberalism still rules by and large), but it's moral pretensions are largely unquestioned, and right-wingers I think even kind of implicitly assent to that. @tuscangarder understood how to be flippant, not take yourself too seriously, that less is more, and you sure as fuck never felt dumber than him.

Or maybe I just love low-effort bait, who knows.

Last edited:

Return of the Freaker

M I S T A K E O N T H E L A K E
kiwifarms.net

Doctor Placebo

Marvel's Superior 2D Aryan Superwoman
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, you might feel differently if you went to the supermarket and there was no food, because the essential employees stopped working like you want, causing everyone to starve.

No fucking wonder these people cause famines when they get in charge.

The worst part is that the original image was already sort of a left wing meme, it was just a fairly sane one. Well "respect blue collar, unglamorous workers" isn't actually an exclusively left wing message, but left wingers sure like to act like it is.

Yet another "lockdown protestors are too stupid to realize what's best for them/believe in FUCKING SCIENCE" meme. I'm surprised the last one isn't "and there are baby boomers on the track demanding the trolley take them to go jet skiing/get a manicure"
See the same thing I wrote above. Most of these people have no idea how the world functions and put little thought into how food ends up on their plate or their plumbing and electricity keep working, and their reactions to the Wu Flu really show it.

"Why can't everyone stay home indefinitely? All the Youtube and TV celebrities are saying to do it, and it's really easy for me!"

TheGreatCitracett

Reach me on the phone... Dial 2-69-BONE
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Close all industry, lock up the rich guy, no jobs, no school, no transportation, free everything for everybody forever!

20200511_000844.jpg

It makes me sad how many people I personally know who are taking the lockdowns and stimulus money as proof positive the government was just holding out on us, they can support every last one of us with free money forever and we'll never have to work again.

They wonder why I keep working at my factory job and are upset my coworkers and I don't strike to try and force the company out of business forever so we can just collect free unemployment. Why am I such a jerk?

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
Originally the signs both said "A vote for Bart is a vote for anarchy."
I can understand the concept, and suspect the original DID work.
You know, as opposed to this re-imagining by talentless commies. It doesn't even work, how the fuck is social distancing a collectivist economical-political framework? Just how?

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand the concept, and suspect the original DID work.
You know, as opposed to this re-imagining by talentless commies. It doesn't even work, how the fuck is social distancing a collectivist economical-political framework? Just how?
They equate the government handing out money and people not working to communism.

TheGreatCitracett

Reach me on the phone... Dial 2-69-BONE
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They equate the government handing out money and people not working to communism.
This 100 percent. All the "communists" I know believe that.

There's a great tweet I saw somewhere about how they think under communism they'll "be paid six figures by the government to write slam poetry about their 6 year old trans daughter Hermione" rather than be first against the wall then bulldozed into a mass grave like would happen in reality.

Tags
None