Leftist Memes - Or lack thereof...

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
Political cartoons somehow continue to astound me. They're even worse than the low effort memes at this point, because these people had to actually draw out a comic and color it to make their freezingly cold take.
Furthermore, xXx_ChapoFanTran69420_xXx might not even have a reach outside his plebbit/mastodon/whatever's that shitty chat so popular with the kids these days echo chamber, but these fucknuggets are often nationally published cartoonists. To me, that's the worst part.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
Lol no.
When my uncle came to visit my parents in the US for the first time in 1986, the most popular photos of his trip back in our hometown was him posing next to a mountain of bananas and the meat aisles in our local rural Shop Rite.

My father vividly remembers that his parents were once given a gift of a pineapple when he was a kid in the '60s, which my grandmother promptly displayed in their "living room" for several months until it went bad.

Anyone telling you that the USSR had the same level of access to consumer goods as the West is either stupid or lying to you.

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
Lol no.
When my uncle came to visit my parents in the US for the first time in 1986, the most popular photos of his trip back in our hometown was him posing next to a mountain of bananas and the meat aisles in our local rural Shop Rite.

My father vividly remembers that his parents were once given a gift of a pineapple when he was a kid in the '60s, which my grandmother promptly displayed in their "living room" for several months until it went bad.

Anyone telling you that the USSR had the same level of access to consumer goods as the West is either stupid or lying to you.
We know it’s bullshit, but any idea how this “3000 calories on average” came to exist?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Toolbox

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
We know it’s bullshit, but any idea how this “3000 calories on average” came to exist?
As someone quoted before, they're quoting a CIA document from 1983.

Calories aren't a sign of good nutrition, as most of their diet were grains and potatoes, and they repeatedly had issues with maintaining self-sufficient food production, and constantly needed to buy Canadian grain as far back as the 1970s. The perverse scarcity system combined with graft allowed the Caucasian peoples to make a ridiculous amount of money selling citrus, lamb, and anything else they possibly could on the black market, and people running state-owned stores would constantly sell the vast majority of their consignment on the side.

Tags
None