Leftists who didn't fall for Trump Derangement Syndrome -

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
i was wondering, who are all the leftists on the forum who didn't fall for the TDS crap (e.g. not liking Trump/being OK with some of what he's done, but don't go obsessing about impeachment bullshit 24/7)? i generally like to think i have moderately social left views (minorities having rights but not going to the PC level of things) with conservative fiscal views, but I still think the president is a jackass that needs to get off the phone and do some actual work instead of tweeting 24/7.

Cool kitties club

ACAB- All cats are baby
kiwifarms.net
-fiscal conservative
-minorities should have rights

How are you a leftist? Those are normal conservative views.

EDIT: XF2 broke greentexting REEEEE
I generally like to think i have moderately social left views (minorities having rights but not going to the PC level of things) with conservative fiscal views, but I still think the president is a jackass that needs to get off the phone and do some actual work instead of tweeting 24/7.
I think he is saying he is moderately right wing but still has problems with Trump.

Dolce & Gabbana

kiwifarms.net
I don't even know where I'm at anymore, right or left. None of this shit makes any sense to me anymore, categorically, it all just feels so damn arbitrary. I thought I was left because I don't give a fuck what people do with their personal lives as long as they're not trying to fuck up society as a whole to accommodate it, but apparently that is more common in the right wing than I thought. I don't like seeing people who really need help end up suffering and starving to death in the streets and shit but I don't like seeing people who can pull their weight get coddled either. Which political party is "I don't fucking care, just make shit work right"

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I always called myself a leftist prior to the Trumpocalypse, but in the past two years I've become increasingly distrustful of the whole left vs right dichotomy. A lot of the beliefs I always held and still do like treat all people equal, judge individuals by their actions instead of their ethnic collective they didn't choose, etc. don't seem to be left-wing premises like I was always told they are. Basically I am very opposed to racism and segregationism and I think I was always being lied to when I was told the democrats would serve that goal.

There are other things like the welfare state and public medicine I've tended to disagree with democrats on for a long time though. But I've started feeling stronger about those things after beginning to realize how they are used to hold minorities in a lowly state.

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
I don't vehemently hate Trump, I just disagree with some of his ideas and actions. The travel ban is probably a better option than the wall imo. And impeaching him won't solve anything either.

The hate for him really gets grating when you hear your relatives do nothing but bitch about it and watch nothing but political shit nearly 24/7.

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
I don't vehemently hate Trump, I just disagree with some of his ideas and actions. The travel ban is probably a better option than the wall imo. And impeaching him won't solve anything either.

The hate for him really gets grating when you hear your relatives do nothing but bitch about it and watch nothing but political shit nearly 24/7.
someone gets it. there's just disliking his actions, whether few or all, but not blaming his win on russia/asking for impeachment.

trump's essentially the conservative version of the boner a lot of progressives had for Obama, though Obama's ludicrous love settled down once the low T settled in.

GarthMarenghisDankplace

Janny chaser
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm economically hard(ish) left and socially classic liberal, but in a more you do you than everyone else has to love what you do uwu sense. I think Trump is a joke, but Clinton would have been too so shurgs. You all got a choice between the 2nd Clinton or 3rd Bush almost in a row or a verbally incontinent reality show sleaze. I mean I guess Trump was good for democracy in that he doesn't represent a dynasty but he also makes me wonder how good an idea representative democracy is.

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
I used to consider myself a leftist, right up until the left lost thier shit and went crazy. And i got tired of hearing "Orange man bad" non stop when everything just ticked on like it normally did.

Now? I don't care that he, personally, is a bit of a scumbag. we've had scumbag presidents before. so long as he does his job the way he's been doing it he can bang hookers in the Lincoln bedroom for all i care.

Lemmingwise

Don't speak to me or my daughter ever again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which political party is "I don't fucking care, just make shit work right"
Clowns to the left of me :cuck: , Jokers to the right :trump:, here I am, Stuck in the third position with you?.

edit: Looks like the berniecuck image is no longer working.
edit2: looks like it is working again.
edit3: and it's gone again

Last edited:

The Last Stand

When you see all the bullshit unfold...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd always figured I'd be on the side that advocates for equality, fairness and change for the greater good. Seeing people sperg about him makes me embarrassed to even be involved in politics. Having said, I do wish he'd get off his phone constantly. If Trump was a Democrat, I wouldn't like him either.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Looks like I'm in this boat too. A lot of my values are classically liberal; I'm pro-environment, pro-civil rights, generally anti-war. I think Trump is a lousy president, but I think TDS is doing a lot of damage to the state of American politics too. When you fight fire with fire, all that you accomplish is everything around you burning to cinders a lot faster.

I'm also turned off by the messages coming from these self-appointed luminaries of the Democrats like AOC who are declaring war on white men and America's heartland, and broadcast the message that the people who disagree with them do so not because they have different values or life experiences, but because they are evil, period. That doesn't leave much room to compromise or negotiate.

One of the biggest problems in politics today is that there is simply no incentive to reach across the aisle and cooperate with the other party. In fact, there's a good incentive not to cooperate, you get primaried out in favor of someone more to the liking of the party leadership. Trump isn't fixing this, but Hillary certainly wouldn't have fixed it either. So what's left is a Congress that will do the absolute minimum necessary to keep the lights on--sometimes not even that--and no major problems ever get solved, because politics is apparently zero-sum. If they win, we lose, so we can't let the other team win, ever. Until this gets fixed, we're going to keep having dysfunction in Washington.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I always thought I leaned to the left, support rights for the gays, pro-environment and all that shit, but the more I get called a nazi or white supremacist because I don't blindly hate everything Trump does makes me question it. I'm not crazy about Trump and I thought it was baffling when he won (the freakouts were hilarious and totally worth it though), but the media going out of their way to demonize him and supporters as mini-Hitlers is disgusting and is causing a big divide between Americans that doesn't need to exist. If Trump runs again, I'm probably gonna vote for him if just because I trust him more than the left right now.

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
Looks like I'm in this boat too. A lot of my values are classically liberal; I'm pro-environment, pro-civil rights, generally anti-war. I think Trump is a lousy president, but I think TDS is doing a lot of damage to the state of American politics too. When you fight fire with fire, all that you accomplish is everything around you burning to cinders a lot faster.

I'm also turned off by the messages coming from these self-appointed luminaries of the Democrats like AOC who are declaring war on white men and America's heartland, and broadcast the message that the people who disagree with them do so not because they have different values or life experiences, but because they are evil, period. That doesn't leave much room to compromise or negotiate.

One of the biggest problems in politics today is that there is simply no incentive to reach across the aisle and cooperate with the other party. In fact, there's a good incentive not to cooperate, you get primaried out in favor of someone more to the liking of the party leadership. Trump isn't fixing this, but Hillary certainly wouldn't have fixed it either. So what's left is a Congress that will do the absolute minimum necessary to keep the lights on--sometimes not even that--and no major problems ever get solved, because politics is apparently zero-sum. If they win, we lose, so we can't let the other team win, ever. Until this gets fixed, we're going to keep having dysfunction in Washington.
as someone that lives in the heartland, and thinks it's a fine place, the progressive "heartland doesn't exist" narrative is almost offensive to me. god damn.

Tags
None