Skitzocow Leo Gura / Actualized.org - Youtube Pick-Up Artist turned Leader of a Psychedelic Death Cult with a Forum

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

HiramTheGrift

All Similarities are Coincidental
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
51346128.jpg
True-Vision-I-Reveal-My-Life-Purpose-Until-You-740x560.jpg
leo_gura_pic.png

Leo Gura / Actualized.org
Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil (If you believe in that sort of thing...)
"Yes, I actually like defending pedophiles and Nazis because there's a much bigger issue at stake." - Leo Gura, missing the bigger issue at stake, 2016
Leo Gura, 35, is a Youtuber, self-help guru, Russian immigrant, cult leader, and self-proclaimed god. Having immigrated to the states with his mother around the time of the collapse of the USSR, Leo has always been fascinated with society, propaganda, truth, and actualization of one's potential. Leo does not speak about his personal life frequently, but it is clear his family history under Communism has given him an aversion to factories, full work weeks, and working a job you're not passionate about. These traits are sometimes found among many 1st and 2nd generation Soviet immigrants. Those issues are understandable, but what is difficult to understand is how Leo took those issues and created an internet cult with over 1 million subscribers and an active internet forum that makes the Kiwifarms look like a Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit. So what sets them a part? There's a lot that makes this a dangerous cult that encourages suicide. In short, Leo encourages drug use that would put Manson to shame, preaches a lack of meaning - frequently and explicitly saying there's no meaning or a difference between life and death, and discouraging free/divergent thought by shouting down critics as "unenlightened" or not understanding the real message.

Leo originally started his time on Youtube as a pick-up artist. The videos were pretty cringe. They don't contribute to the overall deep dive into who he is, but it is worthwhile to know he believed that manifesting energy could attract a partner. He used his weird psycho PUA bullshittery to form his earliest audience. He deleted most of those videos, likely wanting the world to forget his early history. I guess pick-up artists don't seem like credible spiritual seekers.

When watching his videos you will notice some common themes: Leo Gura over a black background, with the camera framed at his shoulders, him staring directly into the camera speaking eloquent stream-of-consciousness ideological nonsense for an hour or two. The way he's able to speak to no one in the room without tripping over himself is a nice skill, but it's what he says and leads the listener to do that's so dangerous. We will discuss his harmful practices more in part 3, but they include 5-MeO-DMT, a powerful version of DMT - and hypnosis. If it sounds crazy, that's because it is. But it's also true.

Part 1: I seek God! I seek God!

If you've been on Lolcow General, you may have heard of Connor Murphy. Connor (despite having his own mental illness) got sucked into Leo Gura's teachings. In that thread you will see videos of Connor praising Leo as the most enlightened man he's ever met, even having a one-hour interview with the man himself. Since Connor's more public breakdowns he has banned any mention of Connor Murphy on his forum. It is no coincidence that Connor has become obsessed with suicidal ideation and obsessed with destroying his mind with drugs after getting sucked in. Some might say Connor was already ill and would have gone down regardless. I would agree. However, the Actualized cult specifically attracts the ill, vulnerable, and lost. He promises them a life, not full of meaning, but fulfillment. All you need to do is abolish all concept of who you are and all of your outside relationships. Once you have jettisoned all prior conceptions of who you are, Leo will build you back up with the help of psychedelics.

Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-20-14.png

Let's have Leo speak for himself. Here is one of his most foundational videos. Like most of his videos, it's over an hour long. Most of his videos are styled like lectures. Beneath the video I'll clip some highlights. Here is the full video with context. He is going to argue that meaning, purpose, and values aren't "real." By saying it isn't real or an absolute value, he will later argue that having beliefs that aren't "real" will stop you from ascending. This includes: Self worth, your children's worth, survival instincts, moral codes, etc.

Understanding Meaning, Purpose, & Value​

(Youtube link)
Meaning and purpose isn't real

Man must return to monke to demolish meaning with facts and logic

Leo compares an asteroid hitting earth to a normal day to dunk on why meaning (from survival) is pointless

This is where he begins to separate survival instincts from enlightenment. Notice how he refers to the listener as a "Self-survival machine." This aides in depersonalizing that aspect of you, to make it easier to view your survival instinct as an external trait you can (and ought to) remove.

Here he goes full black pill and says all self-worth, worth of your children, and all survival instincts aren't real. He goes further to say, explicitly, that life is meaningless.

Leo proceeds to perform the shittiest version of John Lennon's Imagine

This is only the first third of the clip. The madness continues but at this point there's no purpose clipping. He just rambles the same crazy stuff in a flow-of-consciousness style with no gaps.

A Rant Against Morality - Very Foundational​

(Youtube link)
If you're thinking to yourself, "Gee whiz, if literally all moral codes and standards are fake and moral standards are unique to the individual, how can you argue against something like pedophilia?" That is an excellent question that a cult member named Kevin had. In the comments (archive) section of his website, Kevin posed a question to Leo Gura concering his "A Rant Against Morality" video. Here is how it played out.
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 14-25-47.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 14-26-04.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 14-26-09.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 14-26-16.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 14-26-31.png

Kevin, you're the hero of my story and if you're reading this, Semper Fi. :semperfidelis:
Ignoring the actual Chris Chan autistic sigh he put in there, and his clear petulant attitude he exhibited at the slightest pushback at defending pedophilia, at least he's not, like, supporting pedos. After all, it's called Actualized.org. There's nothing that looks pedophile-like about that-
FBI-pedophile-symbols-page1.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 13-04-51.png

According to a leaked (archive) FBI document circulating around law enforcement agencies and hosted on Wikileaks, Actualized.org's symbol is almost identical in size, shape, and color to a secret pedophile symbol that indicates interest in young boys. He has recently changed his symbol once there was a sufficient enough outcry on the forums. I suspect it was getting harder to censor the dissent so he caved to remove that thorn in his side.

Part 2: "Whither is God? I will tell you. We have killed him."

Actualized.org is more than just a brand, company, and website. It's also a community. There is a very active forum where Leo Gura posts frequently and almost daily. On one hand, it makes sure he's involved with his members and can answer questions. On the other hand, it allows him to sarcastically eye roll at criticism and shout them down. That's the interesting thing about Leo. He's smart enough to not censor every thread that criticizes him. Unfortunately, he's not smart enough to create an original approach to shouting down the haters.

Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-11-54.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-18-53.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-18-57.png

As of right now I can confirm Leo was online at 4:50 AM on Memorial Day, as long as he is at his home in Las Vegas or within the time zone.
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-20-51.png

Let's discuss something sad, Kiwis. There are consequences to drug use. I know we haven't discussed how bad the drug use is in this community, and we will get there, but I am going to show you a thread (archive) where a man, father of two young children and a wife, commits suicide after a conversation with Actualized.org's admin. This will probably make you sad and/or angry when reading the staff and Leo Gura himself respond to this. Credit to @Real Gay Autist for bringing this thread to my attention with this comment.

Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-20-22.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-33-00.png

Shout out to @RMQualtrough , a self proclaimed member of the community, who I found in this thread
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-33-01.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-33-11.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-20-06.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-38-01.png

Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-42-04.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-42-13.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-42-16.png

That's not all, the forum is a hub of all sorts of interesting questions and thoughts. Questions like, "Can I change my eye color with subliminals?" "Can autistic people ascend? and "Why am I a virgin?"
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-52-09.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-52-29.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-48-38.png

Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-51-08.png
Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-48-17.png

Luckily there have been a few members who began to see that Actualized is a cult (archive). The community responds in an fairly expected way. No one's shouting him down, but Leo defaults to his usual, "You're not enlightened." and throws out a random quote. Basically, a member named Source_Mystic was concerned about Leo's breathing practices cause oxygen deprivation. He was met with hostility for questioning god.
Screenshot from 2021-06-01 12-24-15.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-01 12-24-18.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-01 12-25-25.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-01 12-25-33.png

Part 3: And yet they have done it to themselves

In this section we're going to cover how members come to reformat their thinking and worldview. Let's discuss drug use first. Leo prefers a particular type of DMT. 5-MeO-DMT is a type of DMT that, for lack of a better medical term, shatters your fucking identity until you cannot differentiate yourself, or anything, from the universe (everything else). This is the stuff that makes you see aliens and find God. Leo believes 5-MeO-DMT is the secret to enlightenment and the main drug for Actualized.org. Here's the internet's favorite music drug nerd talk about different types of DMT and Joe Rogan's personal experience with the shit Leo Gura is taking like Pez. Next to this video is Leo extolling to virtues of 5-MeO-DMT

N,N-DMT & 5-MeO-DMT - Joe Rogan (JRE #470) / 5-MeO-DMT - The Magic Pill To Enlightenment & God​

(Youtube link) / (Youtube link)

How many times has Leo done 5-MeO-DMT? Great question, I bet he's lost count. We can be sure it's a lot because he brags about once taking 5-MeO-DMT every day for 30 days straight. While he doesn't encourage his followers to do it, he uses this experience as a reason he's more enlightened and a god compared to his followers. He initially started this retreat as a way to lay low at a time with he was being heavily scrutinized by his own cult. If you look at some of the posting dates where people are accusing Leo of being a cult leader, you'll see around the time everyone speaks out is when he decides to take a 30 day spiritual pilgrimage in his own house. This is a long-ass video about his experience. But even watching the first 10 seconds you can see he's changed a little bit. This story definitely sounds like someone we know...

Outrageous Experiments In Consciousness - 30 Awakenings In 30 Days​

(Youtube link)
And here (archive) is an article that discusses his little journey. They're aligned with Gura's ideology so it's all woo woo stuff, but it is a faster read for context than watching the video.

Next, let's talk about the hypnosis. No, I'm not talking about sissy hypnosis or a magic swinging pocketwatch to get you, the reader, to suck my dick or send me tasteful nudes. You are free to do that if you'd like, however. No, Leo engages in an off-shoot version of therapeutic hypnosis that involves breathing techniques and visualization strategies to alter your emotional feelings towards certain thoughts. You're essentially rewiring your brain. Dangerous cults are renowned for doing this, usually combined with a lack of sleep or food. Leo prefers to deprive you of oxygen and sobriety. Here is a short video uploaded by a channel called Alma Hypnosis (left) and explanation (right) of his breathing style. This is the breathing exercise that caused Source_Mystic to call Gura out as a cult leader. Notice how he lays down, eyes closed, breathing intensely and mentions listening to binaural, droning audio during the meditation. You're supposed to do this technique (breathing exercise included) for 30-90 minutes. Leo mentions being out of breath after only a few minutes of demonstration.

Leo Gura's Emotional Healing Breathing Technique / Visualization - A Powerful Technique For Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind​

(Youtube link ) / (Youtube link)

Part 4: Requiem Aeternam Deo

Running an internet cult for close to a decade will earn you some detractors. Here are some critics that mention cult aspects that I have not mentioned, and other aspects they've covered in greater depth.

this youtuber with 943,000 subscribers is running a cult​

(Youtube link)

How LEO GURA and ACTUALIZED.ORG could be a CULT​

(Youtube link)
This third guy is Christian and he brings some annoying religious arguments, but Leo explicitly says, "You have to die to speak for God, like I have."

Leo thinks He Is God | Actualized.org [PART 2]​

(Youtube link)
This last video discusses psychedelics from a more rational perspective, and has some good points. He discusses Leo's recent psychedelic journey, taking 5-MeO-DMT every day for 30 days.

When you have taken too much - Actualized.org​

(Youtube link)
Here are some links that raise concerns about Actualized.org as a cult. The Cult Education Network (archive) had a small discussion about them. A Redditor (archive) is concerned he's joined a cult, describes his experience, and everyone tells him to get out. Someone on Quora wrote a very solid exposition (archive) of Leo Gura and his cult. Of the writeups on them, I find this to be among the best.

Part 5: Tombs and Sepulchers of God

In conclusion, the internet is a fertile place for business. You can connect with people from all over the world, no matter how rich and vulnerable. Leo may have set out to pick up women through his early PUA days, but what he has transformed into is far more destructive. He extols the virtue of serious drug use, he'll tear down his member's thought patterns and rebuilds them with his own. Whenever someone expresses concern he'll hand wave it away as them being "unenlightened." And when some does do something stupid Leo shrugs, says he can't be responsible for everyone and they should have known better. If it's really bad then he'll go on a spiritual pilgrimage where he watches the back of his eyelids for a month.

Of all the psychedelic cults, Actualized is up there with Spirit Science, if not worse. They are roughly equal in size and have active communities. However, while Spirit Science spends their time convincing people to do drugs and watch their animation videos, Leo Gura convinces his members to do drugs and detach from all reality. If there is one group of people that should not live in an echo chamber, it's these people who are having their minds brainwashed by this Soviet expat.

Screenshot from 2021-05-31 16-23-35.png

Socials and Links: Website (archive) - Linkedin - Instagram - Twitter (archive)

Credits
I'd like to thank @Real Gay Autist for helping with sources and contextualizing the cult for me
Additionally, @RMQualtrough , a member himself, was very kind in explaining and playing a little devil's advocate
@WolfeTone found this thumbnail which is awesomely topical, but I couldn't work it in. And the video is almost 5 hours so fuck watching that lol
Titles were taken from Nietzsche's The Parable of a Madman from The Gay Science

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-33-00.png
    Screenshot from 2021-05-31 15-33-00.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 63
  • yt1s.com - Understanding Meaning Purpose Value_v240P.mp4
    110.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-20-14.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-20-14.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 33
  • yt1s.com - Understanding Meaning Purpose Value_v240P.mp4
    110.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-5:10, "You'll be happy even if your kid gets kidnapped and raped/family gets murdered. Can you handle that?"
-8:20, "The means to the end you're going for should all be disposable".
-equates happiness with fulfilment, not exclusively similar.
-12:00 "That means you're gonna be happy that week if you don't go to the gym at all" can't conceal his giddiness as he admits how stupid that plan is.
-after talking about how the carrot and stick approach is how society gets you to beat yourself down, he proceeds to use the carrot and stick approach the tell you if you don't go his route, unconditional happiness, you will be miserable always.
-15:50 speaks for itself, I don't need to add any commentary
-circling the wagon over and over, painting the imagery he wants to fill people's minds with
-18:30 "When we start to fuck around with the carrot and the stick... that's actually dangerous to you- what you're gonna tell you-my-tell me as a, as an ajectionszhhj- you're gonna say 'Leo, what you're advocating here is dangerous'" May I remind everyone that, in the bottom of the video description, it says: "Disclaimer: Advice provided without warranty. You are responsible for any damage you cause while applying this information." Needless to say any more
-Sounding more and more religious with his "Unconditional Happiness"(R)TM as the video goes on
-States that unconditional happiness is only invited by the aspect of abandoning sacrifice. Nothing could be farther from the truth. A huge condition of balance is to look forward to times of trouble and work extra hard when the sun is shining to save up for the rainy days. He's essential advocating the only path to suchness is by completely abandoning your inhibitions, once again, under disclaimer.
-Starts casually cussing a bunch, because after 20 minutes we're basically family
-Tells you you can never address all your problems, even if you full compile a list and address them one by one, I'ma guess he's smoking more than "hippy weed"
-"You will never be happy until you abandon the mental rules you have from childhood" proceeds to get distracted by an icecreamtruck, ironic
-Keeps advocating for shutting off all emergency warning systems, any ambition, and numbing all worry and paranoia, regardless of the circumstances
-Starts saying you can be grateful when someone is pulling your teeth, thanks woke Mengele
Leo feels like Jeff Bezos if he dropped out of college and did enough acid to fry the brains of half a city
-35:55 "It's not enough to just hear me say it and believe it, you have to spiritually purify yourself of need. Spiritual work is about becoming enlightened, but it's also about not needing food!"
-"Having someone bring you food, while you sit in a box all day and meditate is a really good way to live" these are some pearly drops of wisdom.
"I'm Different"
"Click the like button for me"

He's got one good point, you don't need material conditions to be optimal all the time to be happy, but discarding the entire emergency system in favor of an unbalanced ecstasy is practically suicide in any environment that isn't the padded cell he described you should be happy in, with a smile on his face.

Last edited:

Comandante Marcos

Viva la gente loca!
kiwifarms.net
Great OP. I'm usually bored with the typical cultcow since they're usually just skitzos who blabber nonsenically into Youtube about being the 4379798th reincarnation of Jesus/God, and nobody at all gives a flying fuck, but this guy actually has quite a fair number of followers who hang on his every word. His frequent exhortations to fry your brain on chemical psychedelics, while not only he himself but his followers eagerly do, is another interesting angle. I've been looking for another pet cultcow ever since Mother God fucking died ascended, and I'm starting to like the lulz potential of this one. Needs dox of course, but otherwise a great start.

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-3:10 "Are you a difference person or a sameness person" that's an exceptional way of saying improvisers(different) and planners(sameness), don't get it twisted.
And the questions will be!:Is gold the same as silver? Is an ant the same as an elephant? Is a chimpanzee the same as a human? Is an acorn the same as an oak? Is a child the same as an adult? Is abortion the same as murder? Is beheading a chicken the same as beheading a human?[here we go] Are identical twins the same? Is your child, if you have one, the same as you? Is Monday the same as Friday? Is 999,999.99 the same as 1,000,000? Is English the same as Chinese? Is the number 5 the same as the number 25? Is an idea of an elephant the same as an elephant? Are men and women the same? Are all human beings the same?" Are Republicans and Democrats the same? Is Donald Trump the same as George Washington? Are US drone strikes the same as terrorism? Is taking a knee at football games during the national anthem the same as disrespecting the country? Is California the same as Mississippi? Is heroin and meth the same as psychedelics?- You get the idea, and this goes on for a while before it terminates with the question: "Is nothing the same as something?" deep.
-Admits to drinking multiple cans of Conk a day but hissing any time he was brought around Bepis. Methinks a bit of cult mindset runs deep with this guy.
-Compares cans of soda for roughly 7 minutes
-Elements, Elements, Elements, Elements, Subatomic Particles, Quarks, Strings
-Ants are Elephants, Humans are Chimpanzees, Adults are Children, etc.
-Our boy's pro-choice cause coom is also alive
-We're all related *shudder*
-I hate Mondays
-He's an etymologist all of a sudden, fantastic
-Skips over the drug question after messing it up so he can talk about blowjobs
-God is the devil, I am you, and other metaphysical muddying
-1:25:00 "I double dog dare you think of something you're not thinking of right now, don't think just do it, right now!"
-Now everything's different. Make up your damn mind.
-"Your mom's face could melt off and it wouldn't matter"
-1:34:50 First slide appears, and it's insane, just the word "Hello" written in a bunch of different and relatively fancy fonts. Second slide is "Hello" in Mandarin over and over again
-1:42:00 Starts showing a bunch of colored shapes in different slides
-"Science doesn't win through truth, it wins through consensus" I think he might be falsely equating democracy and science, it doesn't matter how many people agree with your bullshit, if it's not true then it's not true.
-"If you don't believe in my theories you have to be intimidated by them"
-Starts talking about snowballing at the 2 hour mark
-Starts quoting racial IQ statistics
-Invokes Trump
-Equates Jordan Peterson fans with 1st amendment libertarians
-States that all politics is just ego and identity politics, invokes Trump again
-Describes a majority of society as NPCs, like his terminally online perspective isn't bleeding into that opinion
-Left brain/Right brain theory, drink
-2:20:00 "The Devil is the fallen angel, see a true angel understands that the angel and God are truly one, but the angel that is arrogant, and hates God, starts to criticize God, denied God exists. What the Devil does is fragments, the Devil depends on fragmentation because that's what the Devil's existence is, a fragment of God" an interesting take on individualism
-2:23:30 "God is the truth. Eventual the Devil will win the battle and merge back into God but not without a good, long battle."
-2:27:30 "A genius is someone who is able to see deep sameness where other people only see differences and surface similarities" Being blind is basically like being Bobby Fischer
-How come any time someone's grasping for straws in their practice of virtue signaling they invoke war as a concept, stating it's badness?
-"If you want to be really intelligent, don't bother taking an IQ test, don't bother reading textbooks, learns to blur the lines of differentiation."
-He said Apples to Oranges(The Moon)
-Don't touch the floor it's made of conciousness!
-Athiests are wrong but so are religious people so listen up!
-2:45:00 "What you need is the Ultimate Big Picture(R)TM, and you can't get that by hyper-specializing in some technical field."
Actualized1.png

-Culture is a spook [Q: Then what do you call your forum?]
-He starts rambling about technology around 3:05:00 and it's pretty silly
-"Fudge Factory" that must be where Tom Cruise packs fudge
-Starts ranting about Sam Harris(lol)
-Starts ranting about religious fundamentalism
-3:26:45 Hegel quote time: "There are seven windows given to animals in the domicile of the head, through which the air is admitted to the tabernacle of the body, to enlighten, to warm and to nourish it. What are these parts of the microcosm? Two nostils, two eyes, two ears, and a mouth. So in the heavens, as in the macrocosmos, there are two favorable stars, two unpropitious, two luminaries, and Mercury undecided and indifferent. From this and many other similarities in nature, such as the seven metals, etc., we gather that the number of planets is necessarily seven."
-3:32:00 "By definition God created the head and God created the heavens so therefor it must be 7 and 7" *smirk* "Youknow I can take a materialist scientist, and turn him into a believer, in 5 minutes, by giving him 5-MeO-DMT" continues likening 5-MeO-DMT to Galileo's telescope for a bit.
-In 15 minutes you will realize you're God. Order Now!
-In 400 years Leo will be vindicated, mark his words
-Laughs at math, tfw too intelligent
Actualized2.png

-Starts talking about gender studies in Sweden
-Dare I say Leo gets a little based on his criticism of modern gender nonsense?
-Starts unwinding his points about eternal sameness over hierarchies of religion, sexual harassment, and drugs
-Starts ranting about Jordan Peterson
-Starts ranting about politics
-Says everybody needs to be green/socialist/marxist
-Starts ranting about brain damage induced psychosis
-3:53:40
wash_up_early.jpg

-3:55:55 Starts ranting about how men's rights activists hate women
-"Blaming neomarxists isn't going to get you laid"
-"Jordan Peterson's bitterness is going to creep into your mind"
-"Greater Jihad > Lesser Jihad"
-Starts ranting about Richard Dawkins
Concludes urging you to be mentally flexible

Last edited:

RMQualtrough

kiwifarms.net
I will try to discuss a few of the things here.

preaches a lack of meaning - frequently and explicitly saying there's no meaning or a difference between life and death

So consider when you have a dream, there are a lot of character's in that dream. What happens to the dreamer when the characters vanish or die? The dreamer remains. Leo is just a believer of nonduality, there are a lot of faiths of this kind as well as philosophical viewpoints. What he and they are proposing is essentially something along the lines of "God" dreaming, where all of us are simply characters in the dream.

What is termed God is just consciousness and nothing else. Not "your" consciousness, just consciousness without the attachment of you. In this ideology, when one of the dream characters (one of our selves etc) die, the dreamer which is God remains unchanged.

Connor (despite having his own mental illness) got sucked into Leo Gura's teachings. In that thread you will see videos of Connor praising Leo as the most enlightened man he's ever met, even having a one-hour interview with the man himself.

I think actually what happened is that Connor went into psychosis from Ayahuasca (n,n-DMT mixed with a MAOI to allow for oral consumption). All psychedelic drugs lead to the same apparent realization of total and complete Oneness, whether it's mushrooms or LSD or whatever. But stronger psychedelics can trigger it more reliably. I think Connor had such a realization and then found Leo Gura due to searching for more information on this belief, which is what I did do myself.

All you need to do is abolish all concept of who you are and all of your outside relationships. Once you have jettisoned all prior conceptions of who you are, Leo will build you back up with the help of psychedelics.

I am not sure there is any "back up" because that is the ultimate realization, which is that there is no "you", and that "you" were always just merely a thought/concept. That is, a narrative built through memories and ego (the self/other effect is produced in the Default Mode Network of the brain) that says I am ___, I was born at ___, I work as a ___ etc. but what you "actually are" is the "man in the cinema seat". That is, consciousness, in this case "God", who simply observes all of these thoughts as they appear on the big screen. Getting so lost in the movie that they forget they are even sitting there on the seat until the movie ends.

This separation can be replicated through many different practices. Sam Harris promotes doing so via Magic Mushrooms or meditation which he has an app for called "Waking Up".

He is going to argue that meaning, purpose, and values aren't "real." By saying it isn't real or an absolute value, he will later argue that having beliefs that aren't "real" will stop you from ascending. This includes: Self worth, your children's worth, survival instincts, moral codes, etc.

This would come part-and-parcel with total ego death. During states of complete ego death and the sense of consciousness being infinite (which is more accurate than the usual sense of it - given it is not an object in space and cannot have a physical spatial dimension, meaning it is physically sizeless), nothing matters to you anymore. In that state there is "nobody" left to care about any element of your life etc, no thought about morals, there is nothing but consciousness unattached to any idea or thought at all.

Basically you can imagine you become an asteroid or some other inanimate thing. You care as much about your children or morals as an asteroid does. In that state you just "are".

This state cannot be maintained permanently and if it was you could not survive of course.

Leo prefers a particular type of DMT. 5-MeO-DMT is a type of DMT that, for lack of a better medical term, shatters your fucking identity until you cannot differentiate yourself, or anything, from the universe (everything else). This is the stuff that makes you see aliens and find God. Leo believes 5-MeO-DMT is the secret to enlightenment and the main drug for Actualized.org.

Regular DMT (straight up n,n-DMT, most often freebased) and 5-MeO-DMT are very different compounds in spite of sharing the "DMT" in the chemical structure. 4-AcO-DMT is another compound with DMT in the name but acts like magic mushroms. The chemical structure of Psilocin is "4-HO-DMT". There are many forms with very stark differences... I found 4-HO-MET which does not have DMT in the structure to act most similar to n,n-DMT out of classical psychedelics I have tried, as well as Salvia Divinorum (which also does not contain DMT).

I have used these compounds, I have used regular DMT over 50 to 100 times until I felt I was done with psychedelics entirely. Joe Rogan's reports sound completely alien to my own, to any of my friends that I have spoken to who have used it, and reports found on the internet and in communities related to DMT. I do not know if he has ever actually used the substance in any considerable amount.

When Mike Tyson discussed toad trips with him, when Rogan started talking about seeing things etc. Mike is just looking at him like "wat?"... Because the thing about 5-MeO-DMT is that it is almost ENTIRELY non-visual. You should absolutely not be seeing aliens or really anything. Perhaps some waveyness or mild patterning, which tends to give way to sheer pure whiteness, accompanied with TOTAL ego death etc.

he'll tear down his member's thought patterns and rebuilds them with his own.

This is the same thing that really any spiritual nondual teacher in history will do, including the Buddha, and modern figures like Ramana Maharshi. The belief of nonduality in itself is not compatible with Materialist explanations of the fact of consciousness. Usually, the person will not really teach you with words but invite you to conduct "self inquiry" or experience ego death first hand.

Unlike other religions where a person can claim things about God or some personal conversation with God, consciousness posed as God (in religions given names such as "Brahman", which is probably the most common - not to be confused with Brahma) is something you can know exists, and the experiences of "God" can be replicated and experienced by anybody.

It is just whether you think that thing is fundamental reality/"God" or not that is questionable.

It also disproves the idea of the Abrahamic form of afterlife much easier than a typical Atheist can, even if you think the experience had is produced by the brain. I feel very confident there CANNOT possibly be an Abrahamic afterlife, and can argue the case better than Richard Dawkins etc.

There is something very serious about Idealism, backed by strong logic, which makes it an actual contender and something worthy of consideration as compared to typical religious beliefs. Being compatible with science is also helpful to its cause.

Btw on the subject of 5-MeO-DMT, the distinction with n,n-DMT is ESPECIALLY critical to know, because 5-MeO-DMT can kill you for real... As far as I know it is the only psychedelic which can directly cause death. Ayahuasca can do so but only due to the MAOI component (search interactions of MAOIs, if you are on antidepressants for example it can cause serotonin syndrome and death when combined).

5-MeO-DMT can be active at doses as low as 2mg. n,n-DMT is often smoked for a "breakthrough" at 30 to 50mg. Tolerance varies dramatically between people.

5-MeO-DMT causes a person to completely lose touch of their body. They can actually stop breathing, have seizures, choke, and so on. A sitter is CRITICAL when using 5-MeO-DMT for that reason. As well as the fact it is indescribably overwhelming, often inducing extreme sheer terror in conjunction with the awe and feelings of love some report.

That is toad secretion, the active ingredient is 5-MeO-DMT. Toad secretion should also not be equated to the purified form of 5-MeO-DMT because it is active at much higher dosages and the strength varies between toad.

On Hamilton's Pharmacopoeia, I think he shows people at his ceremony seizing and such which is quite common.

As you can see this is no joke of a drug, this is not recreational. I think you can see why for the average person like Connor Murphy, an experience that ridiculously intense could ruin them. You need to be VERYYYY grounded to come out of something like that unscathed.

Real Gay Autist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@RMQualtrough, I found your comment very informative. :informative: It's an interesting perspective on @HiramTheGrift's characteristically excellent OP. It draws on your experience as a member of the Actualized.org community (it's worth stating this last point explicitly from any readers) and that's definitely valuable here. Though I don't agree with everything you say, most of it is at least familiar to me either through my own experience or from second-hand accounts.

To add a bit of my own perspective, I'm a meditation practitioner with experience with jhāna and psychadelics-induced 'ego-death'. I don't have a problem with, or a judgement on, the metaphysical claims you/Leo/Actualizers are making. I may happen to agree with some, though not all, of those claims. People should explore for themselves (as the Buddha taught, ehipassiko 'come and see for yourself'). It's not my place to say.

The problem is that Leo claims strongly that it is his place to say. He is introducing people to radical, mind-altering teachings in a one-size-fits-all, consumerist, pay-to-play style. His teaching does not seem, to me, to be careful or skillful for numerous reasons (see OP). This kind of conduct can cause harm, most especially because many people who are suffering gravitate towards guru-types who claim they can alleviate their suffering. I'll clarify more of what I think, including my opinion and experience.

For example, Leo is a sort of ego-death accelerationist - he is pushing the obliteration of ego at all costs, for all people, as soon as possible. Ego-death is, for most people, a life-altering experience. People need to take care, and be cared for, in approaching and integrating that experience. It can introduce any number of complications: from spiritual bypassing and spiritual materialism (see: Leo Gura) to disintegrated mental states such as psychosis (see: Connor Murphy) or persistent derealization (see, I would suggest, SoonHei). In other words, you can come out the other end believing you are all high-and-mighty, being a total mess, otherwise deluded. Amongst the many reasons that psychadelics have been treated as sacred, taboo, controlled, etc. is because they are fucking powerful and must be used with care. It's not about "the average person" not being able to hack it (this strikes me as a very paternalistic and spiritual-materialist view!). It's about psychology common to all people, all of us, being vulnerable. You and I cannot function psychologically without an ego. The best we can do is practise holding in conscious awareness that the ego, as all components of the Self, is transitory, illusory, malleable. But it's a part of the constructed 'I', the Self, you, whatever you want to call it. Buddhist monks renounce everything in order to be better at this practice. Perhaps, though we should be skeptical, a few people do practise this with enough skill to truly let go of suffering in all moments - it's good enough for me to be agnostic about this overhyped 'enlightenment' deal. Leo Gura is pushing it hard and, in my view, with motives which are more about him than others. That makes it irresponsible and potentially harmful.

TL;DR When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.

RMQualtrough

kiwifarms.net
For example, Leo is a sort of ego-death accelerationist - he is pushing the obliteration of ego at all costs, for all people, as soon as possible. Ego-death is, for most people, a life-altering experience. People need to take care, and be cared for, in approaching and integrating that experience. It can introduce any number of complications: from spiritual bypassing and spiritual materialism (see: Leo Gura) to disintegrated mental states such as psychosis (see: Connor Murphy) or persistent derealization (see, I would suggest, SoonHei). In other words, you can come out the other end believing you are all high-and-mighty, being a total mess, otherwise deluded. Amongst the many reasons that psychadelics have been treated as sacred, taboo, controlled, etc. is because they are fucking powerful and must be used with care. It's not about "the average person" not being able to hack it (this strikes me as a very paternalistic and spiritual-materialist view!). It's about psychology common to all people, all of us, being vulnerable. You and I cannot function psychologically without an ego. The best we can do is practise holding in conscious awareness that the ego, as all components of the Self, is transitory, illusory, malleable. But it's a part of the constructed 'I', the Self, you, whatever you want to call it. Buddhist monks renounce everything in order to be better at this practice. Perhaps, though we should be skeptical, a few people do practise this with enough skill to truly let go of suffering in all moments - it's good enough for me to be agnostic about this overhyped 'enlightenment' deal. Leo Gura is pushing it hard and, in my view, with motives which are more about him than others. That makes it irresponsible and potentially harmful.
I do think some people genuinely just either can or can't handle a certain substance, and reactions to substances can vary between individuals.

I have taken acid with a person who absolutely lost his mind. He was already into "weird" beliefs like reptilian overlords and Satan. Most likely Connor Murphy's brain is wired a different way. There are people on that forum who are Bipolar and think it is a superpower.

I had symptoms of PTSD after my last serious trip (DMT), the symptoms were severe and lasted a week. I have seen jesters and Hindu goddesses and angelic looking figures made of light orbs... Some people would just straight up accept that these things are genuinely like, interdimensional beings who literally preside over us.

In some sense, 5-MeO-DMT is less dangerous because it is on regular DMT groups that there are insane people ranting for like 100 paragraphs about demons and Jesus. But then toad can send people into therapy and PTSD and all sorts too. Just less insane schizo space jester stuff.

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The video starts out with a quote: "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everybody else." attributed to Margaret Mead
-Leo preps the viewer by stating this is likely unlike your assumptions of the video, then goes on to state what every viewer is likely assuming, that this video will be about comparing the paradigm of the "normal person" to what our potential usually marks us to be capable of.
-states that people don't have different perceptions of reality, but that they live in different realities, a little metaphorical for an intro
-Leo explains psychosis, group psychosis, and how he's interested in parsing it outside of the paradigm of "the sameness model"
-At 9:00 he starts explaining how "your child might have a different sexual orientation than you" when obviously the only time children ever think about sex is when they're deliberately exposed to it, and all children, regardless of maturity, are not naturally inclined to compare their sexuality to their parents, but to instead emulate it, as young children do with everything they observe.
-Leo explains tribalism, one of the simplest concepts in group psychology
-States that every human is genetically unique
-Don't get a relationship that will round you out and help you grow, get a relationship that allows you to be yourself on a deep level. Getting some conflicting information, what about "spiritual purification"? Wouldn't that require a little tweaking of your personal model?
-"People are bubbles, their intersection is what we call reality."
-Leo's gonna drop the evidence on ya and shift your paradigm, buckle up
-Starts explaining the 5 aspects of human behavior in the DSM-V and how they break down into different factors
-Starts equating conservative with religious with close-minded
-Starts talking about ants and, once again, equating people to them
-More bubble talk at 29:00
-"Click on the links below!"
-"If your model only survives by cutting out hundreds of edge cases, then how good is your model? You have to wonder"
-"Isn't it weird how YOU always judge people based on YOUR perspective?"
-Starts talking about addiction at 34:00
-Starts talking about children doing drugs at 35:00
-"Muh different environment"
-Basically says that pedophiles and rapists can't help themselves and need extra care and attention instead of the instinctive social ostracization
196289379_501868054467995_7166925331552391618_n.jpg

-"What if you were in their shoes?"
-"What if your child was that criminal?" Then I've failed as a parent, Leo
-40:00 Starts talking about rare brain problems and case studies of damaged brains
-Becomes inextricably giddy while recount a story of a man who bashed his father's skull in with a hammer to check if he was a robot.
Actualized3.png

-"A brain living in the rainforest has a very different brain than one living in the big city" Not as much as you'd think Leo
-Starts talking about mystical phenomena right before 56:00
-58:00 "I don't think people are imaginative enough to make that shit up" Oh ye of little faith
-Starts espousing the Buddhist principal of a divine few caste in a certain die from birth and without any exception, an example being Arnold Schwarzenegger
-"The problem is people take a very local perspective and they try to explain all of reality, with their little local perspective." I agree
-1:06:00: "If someone steps on your toes and you don't like it, suck it up, sometimes you gotta recognize an evolutionary dead end, sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice for the whole, ofcourse that's what your mind would think" No Leo, that's what you are thinking, I believe a condition of truth is to allow suffering to speak, not just shutting your brain off to differentiation and judgement.
-Based sound snippet from 1:10:58 - 1:11:00
-Contradicts his earlier claim of divine few by saying everyone is perfect
-"Be careful about turning this into an excuse not to grow yourself. You can grow yourself, nothing that I've said contradicts that."
-11:15:20 Starts talking about how he used to be fat
-Defends rapists and pedophiles again
Take-aways: Be yourself! Let other people be themselves! Learn to be open to radical new lifestyles and world views! Realize that you don't really know what it's like to be another person! Think twice before judging others! Think twice before giving advice to people! Seek alternative world-views! Recognize that everyone has strengths and weaknesses! Be careful about who you take as roll-models! Craft your lifestyle around your personality type!

Well, this one wasn't terribly insane, he sourced a lot of real work in his ramblings. However, once again he exhibits a desire to pull people into a direction where they can't make sound judgements. It's healthy to slow your judgement, but you need to balance that with an eye for traps and snake-oil salesmen.

Last edited:

:gold:

kiwifarms.net
I do think some people genuinely just either can or can't handle a certain substance, and reactions to substances can vary between individuals.

I have taken acid with a person who absolutely lost his mind. He was already into "weird" beliefs like reptilian overlords and Satan. Most likely Connor Murphy's brain is wired a different way. There are people on that forum who are Bipolar and think it is a superpower.

I had symptoms of PTSD after my last serious trip (DMT), the symptoms were severe and lasted a week. I have seen jesters and Hindu goddesses and angelic looking figures made of light orbs... Some people would just straight up accept that these things are genuinely like, interdimensional beings who literally preside over us.

In some sense, 5-MeO-DMT is less dangerous because it is on regular DMT groups that there are insane people ranting for like 100 paragraphs about demons and Jesus. But then toad can send people into therapy and PTSD and all sorts too. Just less insane schizo space jester stuff.
Post a picture of yourself.

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-In the beginning, Leo was self-righteous
-Most people can't wrap their minds around what Leo's about to show you
-Invokes Lawrence Colberg
-Colberg's 3 stages of human psyche: pre-conventional: carrot and stick mentality, conventional: conformist-authoritative mentality, and post-conventional: social contract mentality
-Leo's 4th plateau, transcendent reality, a complete surrender to God/nature/reality
-Moralization is when you follow a certain set of rules and here's why that's bad
-The rules you set for what's right and what's wrong is the consequences of an insecure, neurotic ego
-When you align different morals to different things you're fragmenting yourself
-The stuff I'm telling you is very deep in your mind, it's what you're (not supposed to know!), your ego tries to block it out. All egos Leo? So Egos are a monolith? I wouldn't even consider ids as a monolith but ok.
-Moralism is responsible for: Guilt, Shame, Hatred, and Judgement, the four horsemen of morality
-Not being cucked, keeping a gym regiment, and honoring your parents is moralism
-If you feel like a victim*dramatic pause*you moralize a lot. Let that sink in
-Judgement and moralization radicalizes you, that leads to atrocity
-The opposite of moralism is integrity, when you are whole, you have integrated the dark and the light, and you can act without shame
-All religion and traditional reality is based on transcendent reality
-If the prophets of religion were alive today they'd denounce the rules ascribed to them
-Transcendent reality is just a pure consciousness
-Pontifications on being
-There are no shoulds, what is, is exactly what should be
-"There should be pedophiles, terrorists, rapists, nazis, communists, yada yada"
-"Surrender to what's actually real"
-Total surrender of the ego means accepting now is the only time there is, there are no other possibilities
-Religious morality is an aping of transcendent reality, and that reality is no morality
Actualized4.png

1:00:30-"...you can go murder your children. There's no- body- stopping you. The desire to have someone stop you is what an immature ego needs."
-Cows need to be corralled by cowboys. Wake up sheeple!
1:03:00- "I'll be honest with you, since I was a teenager, I've had no morality. I still don't have any morality now. I hold nothing sacred." "I'm more moral and ethical than almost anyone I meet" Pweeeeew
-He doesn't have rules against murder, rape, etc. Because it's "freeing" :stress:
-The more you moralize speech, the more you embolden evil
-"Love your sins to death"
-Starts miming MLM distributors in his closing comments
-The self actualized(R) person is at the same time the most moral and the least moral
DaLeo.png
This one was really off the rails. Anywho, gonna be doing one of these write-ups every week or so, stay tuned.

Last edited:

WolfeTone

Ball Ween Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today we're going to talk about why God forgives devilry and evil!
Starts off by implying that everyone loves the fruits of devilish labor
"God doesn't punish anything" - "God is love"
He's speaking only from his superhuman consciousness guys, relax
A fly starts ominously buzzing around Leo's studio while he's talking about God
Infinite consciousness constrains itself in finite way to make you
"You gotta be careful about how you lose your mind"
When you're conscious of "everything", you achieve unlimited love for yourself, as the creator and the created
We have a tug-of-war between the finite and the infinite
"Imagine if you didn't care whether your life was bad or good"
When you're taught to want to have things go a certain way, these constraints commit you to hating certain aspect of reality.
"A being in a lower consciousness takes pleasure when they torture animals. A being in lower consciousness takes please when their political team wins"
"You're a chair. You're a table. you're the corporation you hate. You're the people you hate. You are terrorism abstracted"
Monsters are created through trauma and unsubstantiated pressure. -you're right there Leo
Talks about God's icecream preferences
"God is so conscious, it wouldn't distinguish between the icecream and the shit"
"If I give you a bowl of cream on one hand, and a child being tortured on the other hand, will there be a difference?" Leo says: God says no.
Leo advocates for masochism via orgasming while being hit in the face with a baseball bat
"It might take you 20 years to understand what I'm about to say" - "Love the is the realization that there is no difference between anything"
When you stop having any biases whatsoever, what you're left is infinite love
47:20: "You will become murder, and rape, and genocide, and all the good stuff too"
48:00: Starts going off about how preventing horrendously immoral things will prevent you from doing it, and that's why civilization, a finite pyramid scheme, is built on lies.
Claims that every civilization that has ever existed has been evil, quite the claim
Suggests to own evil so deeply that it kills you, and you cease resisting
Starts talking about transcending death
"The only way to transcend death is to be in a permanent infinite state of consciousness"
"Since God is truth, since God is forgiveness, since God is love, God has no choice but to forgive you"
"The idea of a devil is a projection of your infinite consciousness"
"No one food is the best, no one place is the best, no one sexual partner is the best, 100 orgasms isn't the best, loving your 5 children isn't the best, infinity is the best"
Starts talking about plastic surgery
Starts talking about taking the form of everything that's ever lived
"God is so selfless, It is not bothered by selfishness"
Starts talking about rich people and "penetrating their bubbles"
Gets shifty eyes after, once again, invoking child murder at 1:24:00
"The things I'm say are too radical to believe, they've taken me years to generate"
"The reason I'm sharing this is, I feel like an Amazon explorer, I hacked through the jungle and found some insight, discovered new things, and I came back and shared them with you"
"I don't talk about these things so you can talk about it with your friends, it's for you to gain insight"
"I'm sexing this stuff up! Some of this stuff I'm overexaggerating or dramatizing! But really I'm underselling it!"
"My biggest function here it hammer you, hammer you and hammer you................. until you realize how dumb you are"
"Mind-field. Not mine-field. Mind field, full of traps"

Last edited:

RMQualtrough

kiwifarms.net
This bitch sounds certifiably crazy. He hasn't made a cogent point like at all. It's all over the place. And it's just wrong.
It sounds crazy because we have evolved this way for survival. Leo is just repeating the same conclusions reached by Adi Sankara and the Buddha etc.

This is the strongest explanation of reality there has ever been since centuries before Christ til now.