Disaster Leonardo DiCaprio blamed by Brazil's president for Amazon forest fires -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

Did DiCaprio start the Amazon fires?

• Yes, the fucking nigger.

Votes: 78 52.7%
  • No, the Brazilian president is just being exceptional again.

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • Trump set fire to the Amazon to rile up far right supporters... Somehow.

Votes: 42 28.4%

• Total voters

Arctic Fox

Merry Christmas, everyone!
kiwifarms.net
President of Brazil Jair Bolsonaro took a shot at Leonardo DiCaprio's efforts to help the Amazon rainforest in the wake of the devastating summer fires, following some shocking allegations about how they started.

Bolsonaro is blaming the "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" actor of making donations to nonprofit organizations that, he claims, are behind some of the fires in the Amazon rainforest.

Bolsonaro told supporters Friday: “DiCaprio is a cool guy, isn’t he? Giving money to set the Amazon on fire.”

DiCaprio’s environmental organization has pledged $5 million to help protect the Amazon after fires destroyed large parts of the rainforest in July and August.

Bolsonaro’s comments follow a police raid at the headquarters of two nonprofit groups in the Amazonian state of Para.

Jair-Bolsonaro-RT.jpg

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro blamed Leonardo DiCaprio for the Amazon forest fires. (REUTERS/Adriano Machado)

Several volunteer firefighters, who deny wrongdoing, were arrested and later released. Local police say they are being investigated for allegedly igniting fires to obtain funding through nonprofits.

Federal prosecutors say their investigation points to local land-grabbers as primary suspects.

The number of fires in Brazil this year is the highest on record since 2013 and is up by 85 percent from last year, according to several reports. The country's space research center has already detected more than 80,000 fires this year.

AP-amazon-fire.jpg

A fire burns in highway margins in the city of Porto Velho, Rondonia state, part of Brazil's Amazon, Sunday, Aug. 25, 2019. (AP Photo/Eraldo Peres) (AP)

Bolsonaro has claimed in the past, without evidence, that the fires were started by nongovernmental organizations in retaliation for his administration's funding cuts.

However, many scientists and critics of Bolsonaro have said that his government's policy of encouraging deforestation has boosted the land clearance that helps fires rage, and has given people a license to burn the land.

Article: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/leonardo-dicaprio-brazil-president-amazon-forest-fires
Archive: http://archive.li/YybQ1

Kamov Ka-52

Fangs bared
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw DiCaprio at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino