Disaster Leonardo DiCaprio blamed by Brazil's president for Amazon forest fires -

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Did DiCaprio start the Amazon fires?

• Yes, the fucking nigger.

Votes: 77 52.4%
  • No, the Brazilian president is just being exceptional again.

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Trump set fire to the Amazon to rile up far right supporters... Somehow.

Votes: 42 28.6%

• Total voters

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
He's exceptional.

I still kinda like Bolsonaro though.
It was a stupid thing to say, but then again Hollywood has been blaming him for the problem even though this has been a recurrent problem since long before he took office. Moral of the story, there are ways to tardwrangle people, but becoming just as exceptional as them is not one of those ways.

Sparky Lurker

Arauto do Autismo
kiwifarms.net
I know it is a bit of a stretch but people are missing these 2 key sentences on the article:
Bolsonaro’s comments follow a police raid at the headquarters of two nonprofit groups in the Amazonian state of Para.
Several volunteer firefighters, who deny wrongdoing, were arrested and later released. Local police say they are being investigated for allegedly igniting fires to obtain funding through nonprofits.
There is a video with subtitles tackling the full story on the subject:

Last edited:

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Fake news, as fun as it gets.

Brazil recently arrested activists (from some org. whose name I can't remember) who had been found to start fires in the Amazon forest. After doing so, these people would take pictures and film it to distribute it among other environmental organizations to use as propaganda. They would later put down the fire, but the damaged was done.

What Bolso meant is that people like DiCaprio, people who supports these organizations, inspires activists to do things like this because they know they're getting the money. Some of that money was given to fire brigades but not in a very legal way.

Not remotely what the article says, nor what I'm seeing being circulated around. And Dicaprio is pretty much an useful idiot here.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net

Brazil recently arrested activists (from some org. whose name I can't remember) who had been found to start fires in the Amazon forest. After doing so, these people would take pictures and film it to distribute it among other environmental organizations to use as propaganda. They would later put down the fire, but the damaged was done.

What Bolso meant is that people like DiCaprio, people who supports these organizations, inspires activists to do things like this because they know they're getting the money. Some of that money was given to fire brigades but not in a very legal way.

Not remotely what the article says, nor what I'm seeing being circulated around. And Dicaprio is pretty much an useful idiot here.
lol just looked up the guy who wrote the article.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net

The guy is a Marvel shill.

That's a red flag.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net

WTF is a content strategist. What you do? Give yourself a fancy name for being a biased writer or spin doctor.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
WTF is a content strategist. What you do? Give yourself a fancy name for being a biased writer or spin doctor.
I don't think this is really a case of bias tbh. I just think he's an entertainment journalist, that's like a fish out of water when it comes to any political writing. You can see the other stuff he's written here.

A more honest headline would have been something like "Bolsonaro attacks Leonardo DiCaprio over support of allegedly corrupt non-profit."

Vlinny Chan

Your dick is coming with me! :>
kiwifarms.net

Pretty much what I figured.

That faggot needs to be taken down a notch or two for parading all around the globe with his million dollar private jet and fancy cars and at the end of the day have the nerve to preach to us that we're killing off the earth and give off too much co2. Him and his celebrity """"""eco-activists"""""" one by one need to live in the woods with no cell phone, no running water, and no electricity for a month and see the kind of eco-friendly lifestyle they're promoting us to live.
Fucking hypocrites won't do it. Why? Because they want to control the masses; They think it's so cute when we jump when they say jump and we buy what they tell us to buy and feel what they tell us to feel. This whole eco bullshit is just a thinly veiled version of that, regardless of if climate change is even real or not. It's their way of becoming god-like saviors that were so wise to see that our carefree way of life was going to kill us all, but they knew better and in order for us to repent, we would have to follow their exact instructions on how to live our own daily lives, while they watch from their ivory towers and giggle at what sheep we are and continue to enjoy their expensive fruits of needless logging and massive carbon dioxide output and such that they say to us is killing off the one earth we have.

But all of this is obvious if you pay attention to this shit in the slightest.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much what I figured.

That faggot needs to be taken down a notch or two for parading all around the globe with his million dollar private jet and fancy cars and at the end of the day have the nerve to preach to us that we're killing off the earth and give off too much co2. Him and his celebrity """"""eco-activists"""""" one by one need to live in the woods with no cell phone, no running water, and no electricity for a month and see the kind of eco-friendly lifestyle they're promoting us to live.
Fucking hypocrites won't do it. Why? Because they want to control the masses; They think it's so cute when we jump when they say jump and we buy what they tell us to buy and feel what they tell us to feel. This whole eco bullshit is just a thinly veiled version of that, regardless of if climate change is even real or not. It's their way of becoming god-like saviors that were so wise to see that our carefree way of life was going to kill us all, but they knew better and in order for us to repent, we would have to follow their exact instructions on how to live our own daily lives, while they watch from their ivory towers and giggle at what sheep we are and continue to enjoy their expensive fruits of needless logging and massive carbon dioxide output and such that they say to us is killing off the one earth we have.

But all of this is obvious if you pay attention to this shit in the slightest.
The dude already got raped by a bear, how much more time do you want him to spend in the woods

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

My first clue that this article was full of shit was that it's from the mainstream press. The proof I needed that Bolsonaro was probably telling the truth and being deliberately smeared was the inclusion of their favorite little qualifier: "without evidence."

Press drones mashing buttons said:
Bolsonaro has claimed in the past, without evidence, that the fires were started by nongovernmental organizations in retaliation for his administration's funding cuts.
Any time I see that phrase added to a piece, I now automatically replace it with the word "correctly," and it works much better at getting to the truth. As your post illustrates, he does have evidence. So this journalist is simply lying.

I want every journalist who's written or said "without evidence" in the last three years to defend each instance where they've done it. If evidence can be shown that was available at the time they wrote it, I want them to explain why they haven't issues a public retraction of their original claim and shouldn't be thrown in prison for blatantly lying to the public. I want this done live on broadcast television (and livestreamed, of course), with archives of all of it posted to Youtube, LiveLeak, BitChute and archive.org. They say "sausage is great unless you've seen how it's made." I want people to think the same way about the news.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino