Let's assume gender is a social construct - just for funzies.

bearycool

The Movie Night Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh, everything is a social construct. That's the thing: everything you do is based what society dictates you should and must do. You just follow its rules. Which means you've always been controlled by other people lmao.

.... But also who cares about fucking biological bullshit and making "moral". Everyone is a lump of flesh that is bound to die in the end. Why complain about that in the first place?

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I'm still trying to figure out how saying gender is a construct discredits it. Childhood and financial dept are social construct but rejecting either is a very bad idea.

Anti Pedo Action

If you disagree with me, that means you're a...
kiwifarms.net
I'm still trying to figure out how saying gender is a construct discredits it
It doesn't and I don't think anyone who considers gender a social construct thinks it does. The argument isn't "gender doesn't exist." It's that "it doesn't necessarily conform to biological sex." It's a statement of how people behave in society and how that society, in turn, interacts with them. If we all agreed that there was some sort of "third gender" that either males or females could be, and had certain expectations that went along with it, that would be a totally valid gender in this mindset.

FitBitch

A housewife!
kiwifarms.net
TL;DR- OP knows bung all what he's talking about.

If we're assuming things about gender as a purely social construct, why is it entirely related to who you fuck in your original proposal? What about the social aspects such as; expression, traditional roles and resulting subversions, personal identity, make-up/clothes/hair and how they relate to the concept of gender, ect.? The original proposal is weirdly fixated on sex and sexuality, which would be biological components of gender and the complete opposite of assuming gender is a social construct.

And "child" is a gender? No, stop. Child is a temporary state of being and aging is not a spectrum, it only goes one way.

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
Tbh, everything is a social construct. That's the thing: everything you do is based what society dictates you should and must do. You just follow its rules. Which means you've always been controlled by other people lmao.

.... But also who cares about fucking biological bullshit and making "moral". Everyone is a lump of flesh that is bound to die in the end. Why complain about that in the first place?
What about pooping? Is that society controlled? Can I stop shitting if society stops expecting me to shit?

If we're assuming things about gender as a purely social construct, why is it entirely related to who you fuck in your original proposal? What about the social aspects such as; expression, traditional roles and resulting subversions, personal identity, make-up/clothes/hair and how they relate to the concept of gender, ect.? The original proposal is weirdly fixated on sex and sexuality, which would be biological components of gender and the complete opposite of assuming gender is a social construct.

And "child" is a gender? No, stop. Child is a temporary state of being and aging is not a spectrum, it only goes one way.
Babies are a social construct, I can say googoo gaga and wear diapers.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What about pooping? Is that society controlled? Can I stop shitting if society stops expecting me to shit?
The biological processes that lead to defecation are objective reality and can't be changed.

The rules about where and when you shit, whether it is in a toilet or a designated shitting street, and what you do afterwards, whether it is wipe your ass or use a bidet, are social constructs.

• Winner
Reactions: FitBitch

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
The biological processes that lead to defecation are objective reality and can't be changed.

The rules about where and when you shit, whether it is in a toilet or a designated shitting street, and what you do afterwards, whether it is wipe your ass or use a bidet, are social constructs.
I don't believe you, if everyone agrees we could get rid of shitting forever. You're being such a social construct right now.

Anti Pedo Action

If you disagree with me, that means you're a...
kiwifarms.net

Nigger, I'm fucking around. If you wanted serious discussion on the topic you're talking to the wrong guy. Though all the "expression" shit (and all the other things you mentioned which could actually be labeled as forms of expression) could be put under the umbrella of "sexuality." So you're still dumb.
Now give me my goddamn tophats!

FitBitch

A housewife!
kiwifarms.net
Nigger, I'm fucking around. If you wanted serious discussion on the topic you're talking to the wrong guy. Though all the "expression" shit (and all the other things you mentioned which could actually be labeled as forms of expression) could be put under the umbrella of "sexuality." So you're still dumb.
Now give me my goddamn tophats!
db0.jpg

• Autistic
Reactions: Gravemind

bearycool

The Movie Night Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Biological sex is immutable, and no one can ever change that.
yes but biological sex is not gender identity.As much as I love mocking trannies, I always need to remind people that biological sex does not equal psychological gender.

If you want to call it a mental illness, you can take that route. However, it is biologically a brain thing, not how big your dick or how wet your Pussy is.

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
yes but biological sex is not gender identity.As much as I love mocking trannies, I always need to remind people that biological sex does not equal psychological gender.

If you want to call it a mental illness, you can take that route. However, it is biologically a brain thing, not how big your dick or how wet your Pussy is.
Broken brains give troons pains.

• Feels
Reactions: bearycool

bearycool

The Movie Night Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I disagree. My dick's inadequacy makes me a sissy faggot (which is definitely a gender) regardless of how I see myself.
okay that is valid bullshit right there lmao.
Anyone who thinks “sissy” is a gender is a raging faggot.
I see your point

Tags
None