Let's Players originating from Something Awful - ft. VoidBurger, General Ironicus, Bob Kamoc

Pablo Escobar

Hello, DEA? Is your fridge running?
kiwifarms.net
Still having trouble rationalizing Void comparing xirself to a dog.
Well lets see; Long face, makes the same loud irritating noises all the time. I can see it. She's no crufts winner though.

On topic though, I'm wondering how well this project of hers will go over with Giant Bomb fans, or whoever the poor fucks are that still pay to keep the lights on at this point. GB always has been for better or worse apolitical. Sure, Brad had terminal TDS on twitter, and Austin pushed his luck to the point Vice sniped him, but for the most part you tuned in to hear about games.
I highly doubt voidburger will be able to stop herself from sperging about tranny speedrunners or that time she wrote herself into Wikipedia for clout in a twitter argument. The whole point of her show is hot takes so it's kind of obvious that she's going to piss people off, and she knows it. Hell, counting on it even.

It's almost like these losers have a knack for alienating communities. I wonder where they learnt that from...

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes. It is basically just the development team and Jeff Gerstmann. The website lost almost all of its talent and is rapidly decaying. Jeff's streams on the Giant Bomb account average 700 watchers.
Yeah, I figured it was pretty clear that Voidsperger's being hired to be proverbial plywood on the front window. It's not like she's replacing their main talent: It looks like a minor role in a shitty new show nobody will care about. "Contributor" is basically a euphemism for "short-term low-pay contract bitch" in this context. She's gonna be pretty mopey when it's over.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bad news for her haters then?
I don't know who these haters are besides maybe the 2 - 3 YouTube comments she probably gets a year calling her a dipshit. I assume it's a mental construct for her hatred of this barely active thread (of which she's not even the primary subject matter) because who else on the internet knows enough about Voidsperger to make fun of her?

Pablo Escobar

Hello, DEA? Is your fridge running?
kiwifarms.net
I don't know who these haters are besides maybe the 2 - 3 YouTube comments she probably gets a year calling her a dipshit. I assume it's a mental construct for her hatred of this barely active thread (of which she's not even the primary subject matter) because who else on the internet knows enough about Voidsperger to make fun of her?
Who knows really, it's really strange that these people have such victim complexes when they do nothing to even warrant/value being victimised over.

proteus4994

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, this thread is pretty much a “where are they now?” and with the exception of a few, the answer is generally “I dunno, they got the fuck offline I guess”.

So it makes sense that this thread would focus on the few who are left like Voidburger. And I‘m willing to bet she’s seen this thread.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She knows only her haters would care about her petty hoe takes. As much as she wanna brag about her self-importance, the reality is nobody takes her seriously. Haters is all she has, really.

edit: Meanwhile, no one wants to hire Bob to screech about CinemaSins :story:
Well given that she was the least interesting "Old SA Clique" LPers I saw back in the day, and that's saying a decent deal because let me tell you you can RP the shit out of Slowbeef's LPs of Metroid Prime, that explains why they peaked.

Tonberry

Everyone's (Favorite) Grudge
kiwifarms.net
And I‘m willing to bet she’s seen this thread.

She saw this thread for the first time a couple of years ago, and had a minor meltdown about it online. She made a couple dozen tweets about it, and showed it to Chip, Ironicus, Beef and some other SA guys. Beef and Chip both made a comment or two reacting to this thread and poking fun of it then moved on, but Void kept dwelling on it for a few days. It made her start thinking there's just this autistic illuminati group of people who hate her and want to see her burn just for being a girl on the internet.

Pargon

Lost muh ‘nads in th’ Culture War
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
CNN knows better than a neurologist, mom! (read from bottom-to-top):

View attachment 2396367

Still reeeeing about Cinema Sins with some peak projection:

View attachment 2396374
View attachment 2396382

VoidSperger thinks breadtubers read books:

View attachment 2396385

Slowbeef has made a Youtube playlist of his archived twitch streams with Diabetus:
I couldn’t fucking believe that Bob is bearing this multiple-year grudge against a group of idiots whose content is the video equivalent of the shitposting that SA itself helped birth. He is so far up is own ass that every midday he’s wearing his breakfast as a hat and he’s treating CinemaSins not like they’re a dumb channel which caters to idiots but that they’re the worst thing to happen to media criticism or even media itself since the fucking Red Scare.

Pargon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest and I still don't even know who the fuck this Bob is. That's how "literally who" he is as an LPer or whatever the fuck he is.

I only know him as "that retard who hatewatches cinemasins".
He’s a longtime collaborator with Voidburger due to their shared speshul interest with Silent Hill and the autistic feuding they’ve done together in the past with TwinPerfect regarding interpretation of related themes and symbolism. From what I’ve been able to piece together he’s had a job in video production for approximately two ice ages so he had a leg up with video LPs starting out. Later he started streaming horror games with VB, ChipCheezum, ThatPazuzu and sometimes KC Green as guests. Like many he’s funny enough when he gets out of his own way and stops playing like he finds things offensive and therefore out-of-bounds. It still makes me laugh knowing that due to his and VB’s love of MST3k they are endlessly butthurt over Michael J. Nelson being a conservative.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He’s a longtime collaborator with Voidburger due to their shared speshul interest with Silent Hill and the autistic feuding they’ve done together in the past with TwinPerfect regarding interpretation of related themes and symbolism. From what I’ve been able to piece together he’s had a job in video production for approximately two ice ages so he had a leg up with video LPs starting out. Later he started streaming horror games with VB, ChipCheezum, ThatPazuzu and sometimes KC Green as guests. Like many he’s funny enough when he gets out of his own way and stops playing like he finds things offensive and therefore out-of-bounds. It still makes me laugh knowing that due to his and VB’s love of MST3k they are endlessly butthurt over Michael J. Nelson being a conservative.
So... what LPs did he do, and why was he so fucking shitty I remember that one Finnish guy who lost his mind on a single Kaizo Mario level more than him?

Pargon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So... what LPs did he do, and why was he so fucking shitty I remember that one Finnish guy who lost his mind on a single Kaizo Mario level more than him?
Funny you should mention that!

(fart noise)

Yeah, just one. From a decade ago, and it’s a weird hybrid LP where nearly all the commentary is done through subtitles edited in over the gameplay. This thing has aged like dogshit in the sun, too, because it implemented the YouTube annotations system (remember that?!) to create a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure experience for the viewer, allowing them to view different outcomes based on some branching choices. Most of these were for humorous purposes, with “wrong” choices leading to the PC’s death.

Conceptually it’s innovative but for all his smartassedness Bob sure took a giant leap assuming YouTube would never deactivate annotations and render his one completed solo LP an unwatchable mess. I can’t believe those videos are still live.

He’s also done an LP of Silent Hill 2 and it’s side story with Voidburger but it’s nothing really of note. It’s them huffing their own farts for hours while they badmouth TwinPerfect (whom I don’t give a shit about but nice passive-aggressive power move, talking shit on your own video rather than communicating an actua debate) and the later Silent Hill games. Whatever, it’s on VB’s YouTube channel if you’re having trouble sleeping.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny you should mention that!

(fart noise)

Yeah, just one. From a decade ago, and it’s a weird hybrid LP where nearly all the commentary is done through subtitles edited in over the gameplay. This thing has aged like dogshit in the sun, too, because it implemented the YouTube annotations system (remember that?!) to create a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure experience for the viewer, allowing them to view different outcomes based on some branching choices. Most of these were for humorous purposes, with “wrong” choices leading to the PC’s death.

Conceptually it’s innovative but for all his smartassedness Bob sure took a giant leap assuming YouTube would never deactivate annotations and render his one completed solo LP an unwatchable mess. I can’t believe those videos are still live.

He’s also done an LP of Silent Hill 2 and it’s side story with Voidburger but it’s nothing really of note. It’s them huffing their own farts for hours while they badmouth TwinPerfect (whom I don’t give a shit about but nice passive-aggressive power move, talking shit on your own video rather than communicating an actua debate) and the later Silent Hill games. Whatever, it’s on VB’s YouTube channel if you’re having trouble sleeping.
So he's just a fucking parasite then? Makes sense why he thinks he has any qualities with that utter non-fucking achievement. Fuck's sake, his whole MO besides his one is to just latch onto my least favorite LPer I remember from the group as they "redo" games they did before.

Fuck's sake, at least Dark Id, for all I think he was unfunny as hell and Billy FUCKING Cohen makes me seize just remembering that anticomedy, did a couple of screenshot LPs I liked.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I wonder what nepotism got her this opportunity (that she'll squander because she's immensely unlikeable and her content is garbage).
It's not nepotism, they're just looking for cheap/garbage content.

Giantbomb was the video game website for nearly two decades, but the last few years have been really unkind. They were never able to find the "next" innovation and languished for a long while. Last year "something big" happened and 75% of the staff there that anyone still considered "not dogshit" left - after losing another bunch the year before.

The rumors are the "something big" was Giantbomb moving from a video game website with a fulltime cast to a general "pop culture content aggregator" website that's going to just have a whole bunch of extremely low effort content with anyone who wants to do it. Voidburger is currently the most "who is this person" they've got so far, but I'm sure it's going to get a lot worse.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
It's not nepotism, they're just looking for cheap/garbage content.
But why VoidBurger? I'm sure they want cheap but I doubt they actually want garbage; there's like a billion small-time content creators on Youtube/twitch that actually put out decent stuff and would make a better product than the guaranteed sewage VoidBurger will make.

She's a literal nobody with a tiny, stagnated audience and an internet presence that she's failed to grow organically despite trying to be an internet personality for more than a decade. And on top of this she's so bitter and unlikeable that she will most certainly sour the Giant Bomb audience - they would probably get a better person for the job by picking one of their twitter followers at complete random or paying some rando on Fiverr a pitance to make some videos.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
But why VoidBurger? I'm sure they want cheap but I doubt they actually want garbage; there's like a billion small-time content creators on Youtube/twitch that actually put out decent stuff and would make a better product than the guaranteed sewage VoidBurger will make.

She's a literal nobody with a tiny, stagnated audience and an internet presence that she's failed to grow organically despite trying to be an internet personality for more than a decade. And on top of this she's so bitter and unlikeable that she will most certainly sour the Giant Bomb audience - they would probably get a better person for the job by picking one of their twitter followers at complete random or paying some rando on Fiverr a pitance to make some videos.
The small-time content creators on YouTube/Twitch who put out decent stuff don't need, what is essentially, a "Content Network" to help them - which is what Giantbomb is becoming. "Content Networks" were basically early YouTube scams that would take free content from very small creators and essentially pay them in "exposure", which is what VB is likely trying to do.

She pretty clearly is trying to do the same thing on Something Awful, although SA never really had enough power to make a "star" out of anyone (certainly not Lowtax).