• "i've actually been talking to authorities about internet crime since january 19, 1999 and haven't gotten a fucking thing done."

Let's Players originating from Something Awfulft. VoidBurger, General Ironicus, Bob Kamoc

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by BlueChan, Dec 7, 2016.

Article Available:
The Lolcow Wiki has an article on VoidBurger
  1. I like his Donald Duck mug.

• Like Like x 6
    Meowthkip

Meowthkip I MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE LASAGNA I EAT!
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. I feel like the Slowbeef of Retsupurae (specifically Retsutalk and not the other contect where he might be putting on an act) and Slowbeef on his private channel/twitter/polygon or whatever he's writing for now, are so radically different. Like, on his channel that he shares with Diabetus he's in it for the fun, but the moment he has to provide content on his private channel he goes full hypocrite autism, repeating things (his frankly over-done beef with DSP) he really should be over with and not being any fun at all (I really don't enjoy his playthroughs). I never really looked at him outside of Retsupurae before, but now that I have it's weird, I feel sort of embarrassed by his content. I guess it also means he wasn't quite genuine in Retsutalk as well, I dunno.

On the other hand, it's also really gay to get so worked up over a guy on the internet, but we all have our moments, specially with people we've been following for so long.

• Agree Agree x 6
    ure_mum

ure_mum KGB agent|hacked the DNC|probably Putin as well

kiwifarms.net
  3. That's like half of Slowbeef's shtick nowadays so don't feel too bad.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I could never really tolerate slowbeef/retsupurae/etc even on a basic level, because they always seemed to resort to the "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY" fedora act every time when confronted with the fact their content is filled to the brim with sassy passive-aggressive fits. Admittedly, I used to think their early stuff was okay during my teen years, even if they provided precisely nothing when it came to useful info or tips on making better let's plays or whatever.

At least personally for me, the red flag was when they did that overbearingly smug and self-absorbed "Adults React To PewDiePie" video about 5 years ago or so. It was long before PDP even thought about coddling up with the alt-right crew, and yet his very existence was enough to warrant a lot of bile and hatred from the "professional lets players" from SA. I suppose such things are bound to happen when a bunch of art grads with no life prospects or hobbies just sit around taking video games and videos on video games seriously all day long. :geek:

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  5. To be fair to slowbeef (and myself), both of us gave a LOT of useful tips/info/criticism about how to make better LPs. They were just confined to the Sandcastle thread on SA. Doing it as part of a retsupurae would have been shouting into the void, none of them gave a fuck about trying to make better LPs or they wouldn't be using a camcorder in a dimly lit room or UNREGISTERED HYPERCAM 2 to begin with.

Now, granted, later on as Youtube videos generally got better and the low-hanging fruit were trimmed, it probably got more nitpicky and anal, but in the early days (when I participated in RP) I feel like they honestly were targeting really shit LPs with little-to-no chance for redemption.

Edit: That being said, I always felt we were a bit too harsh on BillyMC. It's maybe the one thing from those days I regret.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. What's wrong with picking on the kid who wouldn't get more than McDonald's for Christmas for sucking at Lost Levels?

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    A Random

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Hey @proteus4994 you got any deetz on the slowbeef & Dave_O thing? Best I can guess, slowbeef only entertained the Retsutalk political debate with Dave_O because he was so sure Trump was going to lose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    OwO What's This?

OwO What's This? Goyim Onto The Illuminati Scheme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Nah, was that recently? I haven't talked to either of them in years.

kiwifarms.net
  9. yeah i imagine it was.

Aquinas

Aquinas peepee poopoomancer
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Retsupurae's big sin to me wasn't that it was mean or abusive, just that it wasn't funny. The original content (bad LPs) was not engaging to me at all and there just weren't enough jokes that worked well to make the videos worth viewing. The only one I liked was that British guy who told the goofy alternate Mario 64 plot (and then stopped like two levels before the end, leaving it unfinished.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Lou Wrong

Lou Wrong Butthurt about Buddyloids

kiwifarms.net
  11. That is a completely fair take and if someone finds RPs unfunny, I sure as hell can't argue against that.

I take issue with the whole "you should have been giving constructive feedback" because I don't think that was ever our job, but "shit wasn't funny"? Hey, fair enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Dunno about that fam. When I see a bunch of grown adults getting buttblasted at some video at the internet and ripping on it, I'd expect those kekbears to at the very least elaborate on what's wrong with said video exactly. Instead all I ever got from Retsu was a constant stream of salt and projection from le ebin creators of lets play or whatever participation trophy slowbeef etc attached themselves to. To be fair I couldn't really tell who was who on the Retsu vids and I've never could be arsed to do so you get a free pass on that I suppose. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. I like to think it was pretty obvious most of the time. If a dude is recording his TV in a dark room with a camcorder, do you really need us to point that out?

kiwifarms.net
  14. Honestly I always preferred wrongpuraes to retsupraes since bad/silly games are more fun to rip on than the same autistic shit all over youtube, but now cashbeef and dollarbetus don't do those anymore either so...

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  15. I liked the content towards the middle of retsupurae best, a lot of the earlier videos were full of spastic vitriol (genuine or not, hard on the ears), and the new videos are boring. Some of the middle content is pretty funny though, especially the wrongpuraes and various non-lp riffs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    ConcernedAnon

ConcernedAnon Concerned and hopefully anonymous

kiwifarms.net
  16. Some of the RP's were pretty funny, but I think with the sheer number of them it was sometimes hard to keep the jokes fresh. It was probably easier to enjoy them when they were being released with a delay, but if you're just watching them in a playlist they kinda blend together, but then there are a few that have some gimmicks to them which stand out more. That's why I always preferred Chip's RP's, there were a lot less of them, but it felt like they had a lot more personality, though even a good number of those end up falling flat. I will at least give them credit for finally dropping the format instead of trying to beat a dead horse even further like a lot of other internet personalities do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  17. DaveO was a Bernie or no one voter that decided he'd take Trump over Hillary. RetsuTalk 83 he mentions this and talks about politics. It's "polite" in so far as civil discussion happens but you could clearly see neither of the two were comfortable about this.
    The comments section had a complete nuclear meltdown declaring DaveO to be the scum of the earth, with typical "CISMALE PRIVILIGED WHITE MAN DAVEO IS HUMAN TRASH!" buzzwords actually being thrown around.

Also according to one later comment:
    Well that might be true. Either that or he realized slowbeef was a massive sycophantic chode but who knows what happened.
    I know "Friends don't let each other talk about politics" is a thing but I'll never cease to be amazed at seeing people unperson former friends for being on the "wrong" side.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  18. The best part about Billy is that he ended up having a small, unironic fanbase because people came around to his genuine personality. AFAIK he never minded the RPs at all.

• Feels Feels x 7
    RJ MacReady

RJ MacReady cheating bitch
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I think you're giving yourself (and Slowbeef and the rest) too much credit.
    In most cases of the early Retsupurae videos (I think all, actually, but I'm not watching them all to confirm) the audio quality of your commentary was abysmal, to the point you were barely audible in many instances.
    Example:

Recording your voice whilst watching a video is a lot easier than playing a game, recording audio from said game, recording video from said game and recording yourself commentating then synchronizing all of those.
    Diabetus's first LP (I think? He's purged a lot of his old videos) which also features Slowbeef and some rando has worse visuals and audio than a lot of camcorder LPs:

And then there's Slowbeef's first video LP, which is tedious as hell and features him rambling whilst stumbling around a maze and he didn't even record the game audio:

On top of all this there are other factors too as to why someone would record their TV/monitor with a camcorder instead of using capture hardware/software, like not having capture hardware, not having the PC specs to record whilst playing etc (and the fact that a lot of the LP-ers were teenagers whilst you were all adults with jobs).

Edit: Formatting.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    #1199 BlueSpark, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017 at 12:04 AM
    kiwifarms.net
  20. I heard he's like the heir to the Lays potato chip company or something. Billy MC owns

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.