Let's Watch: Legend of the Galactic Hero - Anime Done Right, Subtitles>Dubbing

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Special Note: whenever you hear any character use lines that were literally used in Imperial Japan to justify anything, you know they're holding the idiot ball.

Anytime someone loses their temper and there's a battle going on, they will die. I"m at the part now where the Alliance invades Imperials space and Commodore Fork literally strokes out when someone tells him "No you are a fucking moron, get your fucking boss on the phone" after a 3 minute tirade of propaganda speech.

And here's something to trigger everyone: here's the time LOGH was LEAFED RAW by Ocean Studios

fuck my ears, the horrificness. My god these anime dubbers are atrocious.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Anytime someone loses their temper and there's a battle going on, they will die. I"m at the part now where the Alliance invades Imperials space and Commodore Fork literally strokes out when someone tells him "No you are a fucking moron, get your fucking boss on the phone" after a 3 minute tirade of propaganda speech.

Fork was using slogans that Imperial Japan used dating back to the first Sino Japanese War.

Empire spoilers

"Banzai teikoku" is used by the Imperials during their war against the blonde brat

Aria

degenerate isekai protagonist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

While I watched logh there is this trope. if your married later down line your going to die.

Seig kaiser

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
While I watched logh there is this trope. if your married later down line your going to die.

It's as if anytime you are involved with anyone else besides doing the one thing that your role is supposed to be you get offed.

I am enjoying the buildup of Yang and his LT. I know the payoff for that and it's cute so far.

Also the pair of civil wars going at the same time all for different reasons and why the main characters can't be bothered to go after each other just yet. I'm enjoying Yang's arc a bit more as he look at all this mess he has to clean up with rueful determination while Rinehard is gleefully enjoying being a murderhobo on a galactic scale.

The show does a good job of making you empathize with people who deserve to be empathized with and make you hate who you should hate. There are a few...oddballs that you can't decide if you like or hate them (Oberstein mostly) and the show is playing both sides of the card.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol I was going to dedicate the entirety of August to getting through at least all these prequel episodes, but I haven't even hit episode 10 yet. Like, new episodes were released in Japan every month or so, yes? Fans were just that dedicated to this franchise, weren't they? This was a novel first-and-foremost, yes? Or is this a completely original idea that somehow got the funds to make as many episodes as they did?

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Lol I was going to dedicate the entirety of August to getting through at least all these prequel episodes, but I haven't even hit episode 10 yet.

1. Like, new episodes were released in Japan every month or so, yes?
2. Fans were just that dedicated to this franchise, weren't they?
3. This was a novel first-and-foremost, yes?
4.Or is this a completely original idea that somehow got the funds to make as many episodes as they did?

It's every bit of a 100hr+ show to watch everything. I'm on Episode 20 of the main OVA after taking a week of binge watching all of the prequal stuff.

1. Every Week I believe with 4 seasons scattered over I think nearly 10 years with multiple movies filling in the blanks and dead time.
2. Yes they were, this is the Star Wars of Japan
3. Yes it was a multibook series that is now available in english written at the same 50,000ft view as the show. There's some people who dislike the early books but it's very hard to convey japanese meaning into english without some discrepancies. Still quality books though
4. Books to the show with the 3 studios trying to get EVERYTHING right according to the books, we think that Game of Thrones was slow, imagine waiting 3-5years between SEASONS.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
On my rewatch I'm up to

when the Empire tries to recapture Iserlohn Fortress with Geiersburg

and an Imperial mook yells out "ROSENRITTER!? SCHEISSEN!" Made me laugh.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Awesome. I'm on Season 2E02, there hasn't been much action since the death of
Kerchies
I forgot that happened so soon in the series, I thought it was much later. The wheels are starting to come off on both sides of the galaxy.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine not liking Oberstein - the man who cuts through the bullshit.

So wait, it's highly recommended to watch side-stories first before starting the main 110-episode OVA series? :stress:

I'd recommend the main series first and then the various side stories. They just show minor details (which are talked about in the series itself anyway).

The format of the show is generally to show stuff and then contextualize it. Kinda why you have the past origins of the nations explained so late into the story. Its better to know how things are before you know why.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Imagine not liking Oberstein - the man who cuts through the bullshit.

I hate that guy sometimes. I really do, he plays Lawful Neutral to a fucking T

I'd recommend the main series first and then the various side stories. They just show minor details (which are talked about in the series itself anyway).

The format of the show is generally to show stuff and then contextualize it. Kinda why you have the past origins of the nations explained so late into the story. Its better to know how things are before you know why.

Different strokes for different folks. I got more out of the main series as I knew what was going on with all 100+ characters (Yang's crew is all made of folks from his past) that finally make sense instead of going "Who the fuck are these guys?"

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
He's not that neutral, he just wants the GINGA TEIKOKU to stop being so fucking exceptional. He can't seize the universe himself, so he helps someone who can.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
He's not that neutral, he just wants the GINGA TEIKOKU to stop being so fucking exceptional. He can't seize the universe himself, so he helps someone who can.

He has the personality of a robot on purpose. He's the Data to Reinhard's Picard.

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Where does Golden Wings take place? I'd like to watch everything.

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
It takes place roughly a bit before the beginning of the OVA and covers I think the first 2 episodes of the OVA.

Where's the playlist you had before? Also, have you removed anything else beyond Wings?