Let's Watch: Legend of the Galactic Hero - Anime Done Right, Subtitles>Dubbing

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
even the stuff that isnt explained is coded/troped well enough that i intuitively understood it before the show got around to telling me
I jumped into the main story and had no problem following along. Everything's explained very well.

You can jump into the OVA and you'll get the gist of the story. For me I wanted to know where everyone STARTED from especially Kircheis, Reinhard, and Yang with all there respective followers. I got that by watching all the back episodes first and then the OVA.

There is, honestly, no wrong way to watch this show, except if you watch it Dubbed, then you are a horrible person who hates epic story telling told in a native tongue.

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
What do you mean? The playlist is still there. I've not removed anything else beyond Wings.

I can't find it immediately by searching "Golden Wings Legend of the Galactic Heroes" on YouTube.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
I can't find it immediately by searching "Golden Wings Legend of the Galactic Heroes" on YouTube.

Sadly looks like that version is gone. I found a russian copy but it's Japanese with Russian subtitles. :( Sorry

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Sadly looks like that version is gone. I found a russian copy but it's Japanese with Russian subtitles. :( Sorry

If you want to watch your Chinese cartoons try this place. If link is broken later just google 9anime (they seem to change domain now and then, probably because of copyright issues). They have the entire OG series neatly organised and I think all of the side stuff.

Just binged the last 40 or so episodes over about a week. Got to be a real emotional roller coaster at the end. Highly recommended to anyone with even a passing interest in anime, sci fi or politics.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
If you want to watch your Chinese cartoons try this place. If link is broken later just google 9anime (they seem to change domain now and then, probably because of copyright issues). They have the entire OG series neatly organised and I think all of the side stuff.

Just binged the last 40 or so episodes over about a week. Got to be a real emotional roller coaster at the end. Highly recommended to anyone with even a passing interest in anime, sci fi or politics.
The worst feels was (YO MAJOR SPOILERS)

when the Miracle doesn't return

Altho I get the impression that (end of series spoilers)

The Empire won't be doing too well, what with Reinhard dead, probably more admirals rising in rebellion like Reunthal, and probably Mintz doing things in his "Republic ".

That all being said, it'd be nice if there was a sequel series, hopefully using the same musical style, but that'll never happen and it's probably for the best

Aria

isekai protagonist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Logh arguably has the best character designs that I've ever seen before.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Logh arguably has the best character designs that I've ever seen before.
The animation is still better than a lot of anime produced before or since. Especially episodic; it ain't Ghibli.

oberstein is best cyborg

You know how I keep comparing reddit trannies to Paul in drag? Here is, quite literally, Paul von Oberstein in drag.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
tumblr_prtvcxGH3N1wxy4xzo1_1280.png

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
It seems subs for the Die Neue Theses movies are floating around now so I'm inevitably going to have to rewatch both the TV version and the first arc of OVA LOGH which Die Neue Theses cribs from (which in turn makes me want to rewatch the Gaiden OVAs).

LOGH is so good that my friend who always made fun of me for watching anime and avoided the entire medium thought that My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars was a very entertaining watch.

Also I wish Golden Wings hadn't been done by a seemingly Chinese knockoff studio and was an actual part of the series. I know the movie was an adaption of some LOGH manga but the way it was presented makes it looks like a bootleg. The basic story is pretty cool--not too far from the Gaiden OVAs. It's just it's presented so horribly.
Special Note: whenever you hear any character use lines that were literally used in Imperial Japan to justify anything, you know they're holding the idiot ball.

And here's something to trigger everyone: here's the time LOGH was LEAFED RAW by Ocean Studios

There's the whole "two-rank promotion" thing on both sides which appears to a strictly Imperial Japanese thing which I notice shows up in a ton of mecha/SF anime (a few Zeon commanders in Gundam 0079 promise it for instance).
The worst feels was (YO MAJOR SPOILERS)

when the Miracle doesn't return

Altho I get the impression that (end of series spoilers)

The Empire won't be doing too well, what with Reinhard dead, probably more admirals rising in rebellion like Reunthal, and probably Mintz doing things in his "Republic ".

That all being said, it'd be nice if there was a sequel series, hopefully using the same musical style, but that'll never happen and it's probably for the best
Except all the opposition is DEAD. Reuenthal is dead, the Earth Church/Phezzanis/Goldenbaum remnants are dead, the FPA remnants are dead, and Mittermeyer commands enough force over the Imperial Fleet to make sure no one revolts anywhere near as much as Reuenthal did.

Julian is a non-entity who exists at the good-will of the Empire.

Honestly, my biggest problem with the show is the last arc. It's incredible to watch the first time to see the crazy intrigue and just keeps you guessing as to who is "good" and who is "evil" but once you know the spoilers it hits a lot less hard. Another big problem I have is that the show could've gone in a million directions with all the plot threads it brought up yet it went in a more simplistic route and not the grand drama they easily could've done. I mean, we go from the colossal Battle of Astarte at the start of the show to at the end of show stopping crazy cultists from killing the Emperor.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
You know how you don't get the most successful commander since Rudolf von Goldenbaum to come down you like the fucking Hammer of Thor after he's seized power? Don't try to kill him, and I'm also presuming that the Terraists are the descendants of the same stupid people who made up the Earther deep state that got the entire Galaxy to ally and wreck the shit out of Earth 1000 years or so before the story starts.

Last edited:

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
I just finished season 2 and onto season 3, The sheer rage that Reinhard has by not being:

A. Killed by Yang Wenli
B. Killing Yang Wenli

Is palpable and sends him spiraling into a sickness that I can now, decades later, almost relate to Hitler's frail physical state near the end of the war. I forget how or why Reinhard became so frail, I'm sure in the next 20 or so episodes I'll find out. I remember the RAGE that occurs when the next time that Reinhard vs Wenli meet in battle and it'll be glorious.

On a super side note I'm reading the american versions of the novels and they aren't too bad, not the best, but they are decent page turners that you can tell the creators of the show referenced heavily in making the Anime.