Culture LGBTQ People Are Forced to Constantly Code-Switch and It's Exhausting - Queer, trans, and non-binary people have to do the extra work of changing how they speak, act and express themselves in everyday spaces.

Lissamine Green

kiwifarms.net
Jyoti, a 23-year-old based in New Zealand whose identity as an Asian migrant with ADHD and autism, a sex worker with a “straight” job, and a queer, trans and polyamorous communist organizer means they are constantly engaged in chameleon-like levels of code switching. “As an Asian migrant, I code-switch accent-wise, of course, so it's all jumbled—my general speaking voice has what is often called an "autistic mumble",” they told me.
:story:

Nature is amazing.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
What's funniest about this to me is that it's really clear that a lot of trannies, especially the straight ones who were super macho men before transitioning, strain super hard to act womanly. The painful falsetto, the fake lady walk, the dainty pinky in the air, I'm sure take a shitload of effort to keep going, which also explains why they drop the act so easily as soon as some terf tells them "no".

How stressful it is to pretend to be something you're not undoubtedly contributes to why so many trannies are complete fucking assholes, but that's also no one else's problem. They're free to stop pretending. No one's fooled anyway.

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
Articles like this are frustrating as hell since if you personally find social situations to be miserable and loath having to constantly be sizing people up to keep the peace, "code switching" is indeed exhausting. Its certainly not limited to the LGBT movement though. Being a misfit sucks, and at the end of the day the worst shit you have to fear is from other misfits. I certainly don't appreciate these people putting everyone else even more on edge than they already were. Thanks, assholes.

yahooligan

web 1.0 newfag
kiwifarms.net
Can someone tell me what a "Sales Engineer" is?
It's one of two possible things:
1) It's your bottom-of-the-barrel engineer who could barely do the math and cheated his way through undergrad. He got a "engineering job" fed to him by his bros. He has to be familiar with the technical details of the company's products (often because his customer is a real engineer) but rest assured, does no actual engineering. The more they understand their product, they better they are at their job (convincing you to buy lots of their components).
2) It's just a sales job, that had "engineer" tacked onto it, because it's often easier to create a new position with a new pay rate and "promote" someone into that position, than it is to just change the damn salary of the position. I have always found this absurd, but have seen it multiple times at various places I've worked. This is like calling a "programmer 2" a "software engineer". It can be used for other scummy things, like "well, your title doesn't say manager, so technically you're not salaried and we don't have to give benefits" and so on.

Last edited:

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net

raymond

kiwifarms.net
Well part of it is the "T" - that part pushed their way to the front and now steers the whole culture. Someone decided (them, probably) to let their mentally ill selves run things, and this group that's what, less than 10% of the gay community and less than .003% of society has started to screech the loudest, and fills everything they touch with loathing and IdPol.
Normal people don't get involved in politics. This is why crazy people rule over you.

Oh Long Johnson

Collecting your suffering when you die
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Usually someone below a principal-level engineer that works solely for the sales dept/pillar/division. They devise demos for presentations, are used to answer the higher level questions if the client brings geeks to a meeting, and often do on-site implementations.

You see them often as part of enterprise software sales teams that are used to selling/servicing 6+ figure contracts.

Exceptional Mafioso

kiwifarms.net
“For sex work purposes, where I'm trying to pass as a heterosexual cis woman
This person is supposedly a lesbian tranny and I would contend that they are still in the closet. They will not be out of the closet until they address the fact that they're still lying all of the time and misrepresenting who they are to the world around them.

People notice that shit and react to it, even if you think you're keeping it a secret. Maybe you're just a penis wrinkle.

4str4staleatherbelt

AHHHHHH!
kiwifarms.net
You know what? On my off days when there's no housework to do I sit around in my boxers and watch football games, belch, don't shave, eat junk food, shitpost, play vidja, etc. Why does society insist I Code Switch and act like a civilized fucking human being when I go in to the office?‽
Code-switching is mainly about blacks/hispanics and their natural way of speaking with other blacks/Hispanics and need to "act white" at their well-to-do jobs.

The Final Troondown

kiwifarms.net
This is “Court” ie Courtney Getchell.

Who’s begging for money so she can buy an entirely new “gender neutral” wardrobe.

View attachment 889331

“Court” is dating this dumbass anti-gamergate nutter who was straight, went crazy, divorced her husband, then went full lesbian and is friends with a Sarah Jeong, Laura Hudson, and others.

Dressing masculine is cheaper than feminine
Sorry hun now you're a man you've gotta learn to not care about fashion

Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
It's one of two possible things:
1) It's your bottom-of-the-barrel engineer who could barely do the math and cheated his way through undergrad. He got a "engineering job" fed to him by his bros. He has to be familiar with the technical details of the company's products (often because his customer is a real engineer) but rest assured, does no actual engineering. The more they understand their product, they better they are at their job (convincing you to buy lots of their components).
2) It's just a sales job, that had "engineer" tacked onto it, because it's often easier to create a new position with a new pay rate and "promote" someone into that position, than it is to just change the damn salary of the position. I have always found this absurd, but have seen it multiple times at various places I've worked. This is like calling a "programmer 2" a "software engineer". It can be used for other scummy things, like "well, your title doesn't say manager, so technically you're not salaried and we don't have to give benefits" and so on.
3) It's just any random job that has the word "engineer" tacked onto it to appease the mob of nutjobs who insist that STEM is so terribly hyper-sexist and bigoted all the time.

As fake as it sounds, it's only fake sometimes.

It can be a hybrid sales/engineering role where you'd review a request for a quote and do a bit of engineering to come up with a quote. Or, to help the customer and salesman determine what they actually need.

Or, it could just be the other thing where people stick engineer after anything. Like a "petroleum distribution engineer" who pumps gas.

• Agree
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino