Libertarians will gain ideological wins from the Corona Virus shutdown. - In terms of analysis after the event.

Shutdowns effects on ideological discussion.

• Lolbergs make gains

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Statists make gains

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Nobody cares about lolbergs, so it doesn’t matter.

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • The world will be in shutdown until 2025. Get back in your pod citizen.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • If nothing changed from 2008 then nothing will change from this.

Votes: 43 44.3%

• Total voters

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1589366204241.png

Libertarians are going to come out of this looking like privileged unsymathetic assholes.

Boris Blank's glass eye

And just for you I have a spoon
kiwifarms.net
Libertarians are hyper focused on normal people paying rent instead of big bailouts that enforce diversity quotas. It's pretty obvious that the corporate money is influencing them.
Too bad most lolbergs I know are "normal people" themselves, being trampled on by megacorps and fucked over by the housing market, but they'd "totally be making billions if not for those stupid laws and regulations!".

Really makes me think: most of the modern commies are upper middle-upper class twats, who'd be among the first to be shot in a Red Revolution, and similarly, most of the modern lolbergs are borderline sovcit fucknuggets who'd be among the first to be taken as slaves for the new corporate overlords. Honk.

FuckedUp

Done with this autism chamber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well given that the governments that had the quickest/strongest government response are recovering the fastest and those who tried to hold out for as long as possible without government intervention have seen the worst effects of it, lolbergs BTFO as far as I'm concerned.
Not gonna lie, that post-apocalyptic Stockholm footage was some depressing shit. (:_(

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
Libertarians aren't going to do well out of this pandemic at all. If there is one thing that this present crisis has highlighted, both painfully and undeniably, it's the importance of social safety nets in times of need. Libertarian arguments to the contrary are easily going to be made to look foolish and unsympathetic, because let's face it, they are.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Libertarians aren't going to do well out of this pandemic at all. If there is one thing that this present crisis has highlighted, both painfully and undeniably, it's the importance of social safety nets in times of need. Libertarian arguments to the contrary are easily going to be made to look foolish and unsympathetic, because let's face it, they are.

Libertarians are largely made up of an early college aged demographic that think they're going to achieve massive economic freedom and get out of paying taxes by reducing safety nets. These kids just don't understand anything about the world or how the government functions. Governments almost never shrink. Even if you defund every social program the size of the government body doesn't change that much. And the will no matter how hard you try, how much you protest in the name of economic freedom they take a cut of your paycheck. Taxes don't just pay for ''social programs''. And tax evasion will never stop being a crime in the eyes of the government.

DeadFish

I've may have made some mistakes...
kiwifarms.net
Libertarians aren't going to win.

In fact, they're losing right now because it seems like most governments want to shift authoritarian-left.
Which creates a demand for authoritarianism on the right. People demand authoritarianism as a response to threats

Demonslayer1776

George Floyd's Dealer
kiwifarms.net
Man, I remember seeing this thread a year ago, time sure flies. I'm glad it got bumped honestly, though I'm honestly surprised at how long its been, feels like it wasn't long ago I saw this thread. I feel like the sad reality is that the lolberts will lose on this issue, even if they were right. Loberts were correct that rona was an inflated issue, even before I agreed with them. But the sad reality of this world it that fear has more control than reality, and the media's portrayal will hurt them in the long run, even if they had a good point on this topic. Its pretty clear at this point that normies have bought into whatever the media says about rona, no matter how absurd it is. We aren't ruled by the reality we see around us, but rather the perception created by whatever the majority see on the news or their facebook feed. Lolberts are optimistic ideologues in a sense, I wish they could be more successful, but this world is too brutal and requires more power to attain any real action.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Man, I remember seeing this thread a year ago, time sure flies. I'm glad it got bumped honestly, though I'm honestly surprised at how long its been, feels like it wasn't long ago I saw this thread. I feel like the sad reality is that the lolberts will lose on this issue, even if they were right. Loberts were correct that rona was an inflated issue, even before I agreed with them. But the sad reality of this world it that fear has more control than reality, and the media's portrayal will hurt them in the long run, even if they had a good point on this topic. Its pretty clear at this point that normies have bought into whatever the media says about rona, no matter how absurd it is. We aren't ruled by the reality we see around us, but rather the perception created by whatever the majority see on the news or their facebook feed. Lolberts are optimistic ideologues in a sense, I wish they could be more successful, but this world is too brutal and requires more power to attain any real action.

You underestimate how many baby boomers haven't left the workforce and are still in high office. Now, what age demographic fares the worst against Covid? it shouldn't be hard to figure out. They still (surprisingly I know) have control of the media too so of course they're gong to report on Covid in an apocalyptic sense because for them, it's a potential death sentence. Gen X and Millennials (who are in their 30's despite the media portraying them as no more than 21) should have more control of the media by now but sadly this isn't the case. Did you know the average age of a CNN viewer is 65?

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
kiwifarms.net
I still disagree with the OP in this thread, but I am willing to admit that people by and large seem much more cynical and antisocial across the board since this was posted almost a year ago. Its not a difference of political opinion either, it seems to be spread pretty evenly between both left wing and right wing people. Even people in my personal life who used to never have time for my doomsaying are now agreeing with me more often than not.

Libertarianism itself may not have made any big gains in the midst of the lockdowns and riots, but its pretty clear that people, even regular people, are very disillusioned with the idea of a collective society right now. The people still clinging on to it are the ones who feel the vaccine is their salvation and that everything will return to normal after its deployed. How long that dynamic will last is up for debate, but its a pretty damn precarious thing to lean on.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Her Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
Who cares about libertarianism, it's just another misguided modernist ideology trying to use "reason" to come up with some universal moral truths and insights regarding how the society should look like (which is exactly what marxists do). Jews had their divine link severed when they murdered Christ so now they spend time making up dumb ideologies in their filthy perfidious brains. Marx, Trotsky, Lenin, Rothbard, von Mises, Ayn Rand - all just dumb jews with their dumb theories