Life After Death - What Happens

Daughter of Cernunnos

evil, divine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Tfw you're the last soul to be picked off of the auction and you see the auctioneer feeling bad for you.

I like your take though, sounds really creative. What do you think makes one soul more worthy than other? Or is it just each god's criteria (like one appreciates kindness, other war capabilities, other judgement etc)? I like how it sounds though, you're worthy in the eyes of some gods but not others.
It depends on what the deity finds worthy. If you have a particular appreciation for the sea a sea god may take a liking to you. They usually seek souls of honorable people. They are more likely to pick their worshipers too who gave them offerings and sacrfices in life. So if you're kind of shitty but very devote in life I think they could overlook that since they're not perfect either.
I believe Gods need to feed off the energy of offerings, sacrifices and souls like we biological beings need energy to live. They evolved off of human belief and culture. The gods take their followers to paradise or to serve them. The souls can probably last millennia but I doubt they are eternal. Eventually the energy will be exhausted.
Perhaps the xtian god is a being outside everything else that doesn't depend on human energy but I doubt it gives a shit about humans.

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
Existence itself is so beyond us I cannot even imagine what we'd do if we figured out for definite sure that this was it or wasn't. We are primitive naked apes that think they're geniuses. None of us can comprehend eternity or the universe's infinity. This life is already too much for us as is.

We view things in beginning to end yet in reality everything is in constant flux. Death is just another change for us before we're broken down and remade in various different forms. As for things like our present, past, and future, to put it in the words of an Orderly God turned Mad:
Time. Time is an artificial construct. An arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. Is the concept of time correct? Is time relevant? It matters not.
This latter half is just me bullshitting though. My opinion of whether I'd like to have an afterlife flips and flops depending on my state of mind. I'm scared shitless at the prospect of living forever yet at times don't want there to be an end. Sleep is supposedly your body going into a death-like state. Dreamless sleep is when it's the closest you can be to death. If that's what awaits me, I think I'll be at peace, though I think it's best to just find peace in this life.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
It depends on what the deity finds worthy. If you have a particular appreciation for the sea a sea god may take a liking to you. They usually seek souls of honorable people. They are more likely to pick their worshipers too who gave them offerings and sacrfices in life. So if you're kind of shitty but very devote in life I think they could overlook that since they're not perfect either.
I believe Gods need to feed off the energy of offerings, sacrifices and souls like we biological beings need energy to live. They evolved off of human belief and culture. The gods take their followers to paradise or to serve them. The souls can probably last millennia but I doubt they are eternal. Eventually the energy will be exhausted.
Perhaps the xtian god is a being outside everything else that doesn't depend on human energy but I doubt it gives a shit about humans.
I like to think the soul is like water, the minerals are what makes up the key characteristics of said soul. Hell (more like a Purgatory) is the filter that removes corrupt aspects of the soul. That soul may at some point risk being sapped entirely if it's far too corrupted beyond redemption (like Stalin, Hitler, or whatever remorseless evildoer). As a result, that soul becomes a pure, distilled one, having none of its key attributes. Therefore like a mountainous runoff, it accumulates the minerals that will make up if it.

Now for some, it may sound a bit bleak, but there's hope! That soul definitely has a good chance on achieving godhood so as long as it works for it. It also has the personal choice of distilling itself all over again into pure soul energy. One can suggest that cessation of existence is really canceling out one's own progress and doing it all over again without recollection. Granted, it's probably too abstract to handle.

Also in the case higher beings or deities, they can reincarnate into a mortal to both understand their experiences better and help them out (think of it like renowned inventors, leaders, humanitarians, etc.). They won't remember that they were ever a god, until they die. Regarding what you mentioned, a god can definitely take a desired soul of their liking to serve with them in some form or so.

On the Abrahamic god, I see him almost in a similar vein to the Hindu concept of Brahman, a collection of various manifestations into one. They may contradict each other in terms of beliefs and attributes, but they share similar goals and duties.

Last edited:

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forgot if I posted in this thread but....nothing ever ends. There are an infinite number of dimensions, and we've probably died, dozens, if not hundreds of times. A simple yes or a no during my mom's pregnancy would have determined if I exist or not.

The universe is the eternal present. There is no beginning, there is no end. You simply move on to another universe. Maybe with your family who you form connections with, but you'd never know. Your genetics, personality and motivations would be different, but you'd still be sapient. And you move on and on through each of these worlds. Never truly dying, but never truly living either. A constant present when all universes are expanding and ripping themselves apart, or contracting into the big bang. And this process repeats. For all eternity.

I guess that's kind of a darker outlook on reincarnation. Otherwise just chilling in heaven andbeing a complete hedonist all day sounds good to me.

I've always liked Zoonstranism, like the God and Devil are on equal playing ground and they're fighting for souls.

Gnosticisim (not to be confused with Agnostic. Gnostic means knowledge). They believed that the world we live in is hell, controlled by an insane, blind, mad God known as the Demiurge. No rhyme or reason just giving blessings to serial killers and letting a guy who might develop a cure for cancer get his head caved in in a traffic accident. The only way to move out of this hell was through acetisim and reincarnation. Abandon all Earthly possessions and pleasures, and you can move out of hell and rejoin the body (literal body) of the true God. Gnosticism was a heresy that was stamped out.

Modern Catholiscism is much lessfire and brimstone. More like, if you reject Jesus and God, you are sent down to this place of pure blackness and isolation. Like Jesus in the desert, you much be tempted and overcome that temptation and then truly repent your sings, and be actually repentant to those that you harmed. Some sects believe in vision quests or even being briefly reincarnated to carry out a task. The conditions are basically do the thing or don't. If you don't do it, you get to live anyway, but when you die, you will be sent back down to that place. If you succeed, you are welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven. This follows God's boundless love and endless capacity for forgiveness. All you have to do is accept God's love and you are free from hell.

The fundamentalists have the truest version of hell. Fire and brimstone, all of that. The typical version where you are punished for your sins for all eternity. If this does exist, I feel Lucifer fell on purpose and tempts humans to see if they posses an adequate spiritual strength.

Lastly, Calvinism is the most fucked. God has a list. And if you ain't on it, no matter what you can do to to get into heaven. Really shitty.

Zwiebelkönigin

kiwifarms.net
I am a philosophical Hindu, so I believe we do not exist as at as we think, rather our individual consciousness are all a manifestation of Nirguna Brahman. That which is and is not. When we die, we never die. We never were.

Last edited:

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
If there's one afterlife I hate to believe is real, it would be Deadside from the Shadow Man game. Apparently everyone, ABSOLUTELY everyone goes there! Guilty and innocent, man and child, everyone! It's essentially Hell, really!

/A/non Prince

Fruity pink, but no purple :(
kiwifarms.net
And to think the only way we'll truly know is when we do die. Though sometimes dead people can allegedly appear in dreams telling you your time has come.

Smug Chuckler

Youtube Intellectual
kiwifarms.net
Plot twist: You are already in hell. You must have done something horrible to end up here or God is a dick.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a Christian, but I think people kind of gloss it over.

When you die, you get to meet God, but who is God? According to the Bible, it is a being who has incredible patience and creativity, having took billions of years just to make the world as beautiful as it is. A being which is intelligent enough to program all of the laws of physics and quantum mechanics, and designed a system we call evolution to ensure species adapt to an ever changing world.

They're also a being whose sense of right and wrong is so strong it is more or less hard coded into the human psyche. This is why we, generally speaking, have the same basic laws throughout history. Something which we can only approximate a general idea of what it's like by comparing it three different beings, fully complete in and of themselves, but also all existing as a single entity.

I'm just saying, there's a reason why the common reaction to the Lord or messengers who just left his presence isn't joy or serenity, but utter terror. For believers, it's heaven, but for non-believers, it is hell.

SuudsuAddict

kiwifarms.net
I hope nothing happens after I die. I don't want to be reborn or reincarnated in this or any other reality. Regarding life, once is enough. I understand this would mean I simply wouldn't exist anymore, but I'm fine with that. In fact, it makes me value the life I have now a lot more! Since this is my own life, I will give it all the meaning and purpose possible. With that said, I also never want to do it again! If I am reborn or reincarnated for some reason, then I can only hope that I remember the mistakes I made in this life and hopefully not repeat them.

You guys have your own beliefs and that's okay. If you want to be reborn or go to a celestial realm, then you have every right to believe it! I would just prefer eternal oblivion.

Reactions: The Great Chandler

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
Everyone except the ones who went to hell. 😟
I mean... If they went to hell they did some messed up stuff so Idk if you wanna meet them anyways :\ I feel you though, knowing someone was evil that you thought was kind must feel like a gutpunch.

Fester Chavez

kiwifarms.net
I feel like it's pretty unlikely that reality is finite in possibility; and if my feeling is correct, I think it would imply that their is always some where and some way that your life continues.
My theory is kind of based on the teleportation-by-data-transfer idea taken to an extreme. If you are terminated in one place and recreated in another, did you actually die?
So if you die in one universe, but you continue to exist in another, which one is the legit you?

Last edited:
Tags
None