Inactive Lindsay Kantha Souvannarath / Heretics on Holiday - Failed Halifax Mass Shooter & Asian Nazi Fetishist. Sentenced to life in jail.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Dirty Bird

kiwifarms.net
So did anyone listen to episode 4 of Nighttime Podcast, where Lindsey talks about the book she’s writing- about some blogger who meets a guy online to commit a series of murders?

I wonder if her book will be published.

I did, and I know there's behind the scenes podcast coming out soon. It seems that jail hasn't affected her but I'm not sure if it's her edgelord persona. It sounds like she has a lot of time to read and work on her writing in there. I thought it was interesting that she said that she doesn't really think about the distant future and doesn't want to think about those things, considering she appealed her sentence.

spikespiegel

See you later space cowboy...
kiwifarms.net
So did anyone listen to episode 4 of Nighttime Podcast, where Lindsey talks about the book she’s writing- about some blogger who meets a guy online to commit a series of murders?

I wonder if her book will be published.
I did as well. I found it funny that she said that the book wasn't inspired by real world events, come on, it was pretty obvious. Didn't she send like first two chapters to the nighttime podcast as well? Would be an interesting read.

The other interesting bit was that we heard her voice break a little when she talked about regrets regarding her bf. She wanted to say she loved him, but couldn't. Oh, and that she still said that people have less to fear from mass murderers than the government.

Rokko

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I did, and I know there's behind the scenes podcast coming out soon. It seems that jail hasn't affected her but I'm not sure if it's her edgelord persona. It sounds like she has a lot of time to read and work on her writing in there. I thought it was interesting that she said that she doesn't really think about the distant future and doesn't want to think about those things, considering she appealed her sentence.
I would love to read her writings. Ok, the world doesn´t need another manifesto from a delusional and failed spree killer. But still, I hope we can get our hands on it when its done.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that definitely stood out to me.

Some of the most unpleasant people I've run into have this mindset where they're just stuck in high school, and you can tell that such is the case for Lindsay. She hates the mean girls but she really is the ultimate mean girl, wanting to target those with poor genetics (read: they're ugly or fat) but instead of humiliating them, she just wants to straight-up murder them. But her arrogance is just the same as any stereotypical high school queen bee.

It's a shame, because I read some of her writing that was posted with the last episode, and she's got some chops. She could have just fictionalized this entire massacre if she pleased, get a load of edgy kid fans from it, and coast off that as a provocateur. She obviously loves the attention.
It's lolworthy. she's a pretty ugly pig herself

FemalePresident

In office.
kiwifarms.net
She's creepy, but at the same time she comes kinda funny when talking about her beliefs. It's just too edgy.

Her lack of self awareness is remarkable. When she said she had the 'mind' of a mass shooter, I thought maybe she was still trying to be as edgy as possible. But at the end of the 4th episode, when the podcast guy asks her to say something to the people that could've been her victims, she had the opportunity to:

1. Feel genuine regrets and ask the community to forgive her.

2. Act like a psychopath and say nice things, but deep inside she thinks the contrary.

But then... she said people should fear more the goverment rather than mass shooters.

1put7d.jpg

@Nighttimepod

kiwifarms.net

The Story of Lindsay Souvannarath - Part 5 - Unloading James and Lindsay's 'Arsenal'
Available now at Nighttimepodcast.com, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and anywhere else you get podcasts

In this episode firearms expert and advocate Trevor Furlotte discusses the weapons James and Lindsay planned to use in the Valentine's Day shooting plot.

Related Links:
Trevor Furlotte - https://twitter.com/trevorfurlotte
Slam Fire Radio - http://www.slamfireradio.com/

Credits:
Musical Theme: Shadowpasser by Vox Somnia https://voxsomniamusic.bandcamp.com/
Ambient Theme: Fall Asleep by Paragon Cause https://paragoncause.bandcamp.com/

Facebook chat reenactments:
the voice of James Gamble: Tyler of Westside Fairytales
the voice of Lindsay Souvannarath: Lisa of the Secret Life of Weddings

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NightTimePod
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NightTimePod
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nighttimepod
Email: Nighttimepodcast@gmail.com
Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/nighttimepodcast

Last edited:

Dirty Bird

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone else get a chance to listen? I just got done listening to it and it was the narrator speaking with another speaker that knows guns and actually owns the guns Lindsay and James planned to use. The gun pro basically talks about how the guns would have been very slow to load between rounds, could physically hurt you when trying to fire and cause loud ringing in your ears, and confirms that they would have most likely acted like a couple of autists if they actually tried to shoot those guns at the mall. They also planned to take the bus to the mall with the guns :lit:

@Nighttimepod

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone else get a chance to listen? I just got done listening to it and it was the narrator speaking with another speaker that knows guns and actually owns the guns Lindsay and James planned to use. The gun pro basically talks about how the guns would have been very slow to load between rounds, could physically hurt you when trying to fire and cause loud ringing in your ears, and confirms that they would have most likely acted like a couple of autists if they actually tried to shoot those guns at the mall. They also planned to take the bus to the mall with the guns :lit:

The gun expert (Trevor Furlotte) and I brought the models of firearms related to this plot to a firing range this past weekend for a demonstration. I am a complete novice pewer and have now seen first hand what Trevor described in that podcast episode... the firearms, especially the shotgun Lindsay was to use, weren’t at all suited for the plotters intended purpose... without even adding their inexperience to the equation.

You can watch a video of the demonstration here

Last edited:

spikespiegel

See you later space cowboy...
kiwifarms.net
The gun expert (Trevor Furlotte) and I brought the models of firearms related to this plot to a firing range this past weekend for a demonstration. I am a complete novice pewer and have now seen first hand what Trevor described in that podcast episode... the firearms, especially the shotgun Lindsay was to use, weren’t at all suited for the plotters intended purpose... without even adding their inexperience to the equation.

You can watch a video of the demonstration here
Well, it was always some exceptional dream to them and the last podcast further confirmed my thoughts on that matter. I imagine that if they really did get to the mall, then Lindsay's shooting would have looked these YouTube videos where women underestimate the gun and end up hurting themselves with the first shot.

@Nighttimepod you mentioned a full log of Lindsay's Facebook conversations with his boyfriend on your podcast. Any chance that we could get it somewhere?

Dirty Bird

kiwifarms.net
I think their Facebook convos are also in the court document, I remember reading their interactions in there and also how she told an undercover cop pretending to be a prisoner what she planned to do while being transported to a hearing.

@Nighttimepod

kiwifarms.net
Well, it was always some exceptional dream to them and the last podcast further confirmed my thoughts on that matter. I imagine that if they really did get to the mall, then Lindsay's shooting would have looked these YouTube videos where women underestimate the gun and end up hurting themselves with the first shot.

@Nighttimepod you mentioned a full log of Lindsay's Facebook conversations with his boyfriend on your podcast. Any chance that we could get it somewhere?

Thanks to Canada's open court system the public is allowed access to court proceedings and are generally able to view documents related to said proceedings (with several exceptions). I attended several of the hearings related to this case and was able to view and photograph the logs (over 1200 pages). I don't believe they have ever been released in full online but I plan to use excerpts in several upcoming episodes of my show about this story.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Thanks to Canada's open court system the public is allowed access to court proceedings and are generally able to view documents related to said proceedings (with several exceptions). I attended several of the hearings related to this case and was able to view and photograph the logs (over 1200 pages). I don't believe they have ever been released in full online but I plan to use excerpts in several upcoming episodes of my show about this story.

I'm listening to your most recent episode on the Columbiners.

We actually have a thread on serial killer fangirls, which has a lot of overlap with Columbiners, if you're at all interested in going down that particular rabbit hole.

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey everyone, Lindsay’s appeal is today. Apparently they are live-streaming it so if anyone is interested in watching the proceedings you should be able to view it here:

Appeal Court usually starts at 10AM so should be active in 10 minutes or so.

Enjoy!!

EDIT
Decision is reserved. Here are the tweets from a reporter who attended:

Natasha Pace
@NatashaPace
2 hours ago, 51 tweets, 6 min read Read on Twitter
The Nova Scotia Court of Appeal will hear the case of Lindsay Souvannarath this morning. @CTVAtlantic #Halifax

Souvannarath is an American woman who was sentenced to life in prison for plotting a Valentine's Day shooting at a Halifax mall.
Police stopped the plan after receiving an anonymous tip. As part of her sentence, Souvannarath is not eligible to apply for parole for a decade.
Court is about to get underway. Souvannarath is being represented by lawyer Peter Planetta. He says this case is a special set of circumstances.
A panel of 3 judges are hearing the appeal. Souvannarath is not present for the hearing.
“This is a conspiracy to commit murder,” Planetta says, saying this is not a new offence.
Planetta says there is an error which makes the sentence unjust.
The 3 judges hearing this morning’s appeal are Bourgeois, Saunders & Derrick.
Timothy O’Leary is here for the Prosecution.
Peter Planetta is already being questioned by each of the judges about Lindsay Souvannarath’s lack of remorse.
Last year, the parents of Lindsay Souvannarath said in a letter to justice officials that she was sad & lonely, not capable of violence. More here:

Parents of Halifax mall murder plotter say she is not capable of violence
The family of Lindsay Souvannarath, the American woman sentenced to life in prison for plotting a Valentine's Day shooting rampage at a Halifax mall, says she was bullied in school and struggled with…
Planetta says there are 3 grounds for the appeal. The first is that the sentence is harsh & excessive.
Planetta says the second ground for the appeal is the there was a strategic burden placed on the accused to prove she was remorseful.
Justice Saunders questioning Planetta about the remorse aspect. He says Souvannarath could have given evidence about her state-of-mind at the time.
During her sentencing, Justice Peter Rosinski told the court Souvannarath continues to pose a threat to public safety. You can read more on her sentencing here:

U.S. woman sentenced to life in Valentine's Day shooting plot at Halifax mall
She sat motionless in the wood-panelled, windowless courtroom as the judge delivered the sentence: Life in prison with no chance of parole for a decade.
Souvannarath pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder. The plea took place after thousands of Facebook messages were deemed admissible as evidence.
Judges are citing a decision from a court in Ontario on how lack of remorse can be a factor in sentencing.
One of the exhibits that came to light during the court process was that Souvannarath penned a suicide note, to be published after the planned attack. “I am now dead,” she wrote. More here:

Halifax mall plotter penned suicide note to be published after mass shooting
It's a modern-day suicide note: Four paragraphs to be posthumously published online the day after a planned Valentine's Day massacre at one of Atlantic Canada's busiest shopping malls.
Planetta now speaking about terrorism, what a traditional terrorist would be defined as.
It also came to light through court exhibits that Souvannarath & the other mall plotters admired the Columbine killers. More on that here:

Halifax mall plotters admired Columbine killers, court document reveals
They started sending online messages to each other on Dec. 21, 2014, an innocuous online chat about coffee and creative writing.
Justice Derrick says this case is unique, cites other cases of conspiracy to commit murder.
Planetta again says this isn’t a terrorism case & that Souvannarath was never charged with a terrorism offence.
Justice Bourgeois says this case was unique because there wasn’t a plan to take out a specific family of 4, or 5, which sometimes happens. This was a plan to commit mass murder & kill whoever was in the food court at the mall on Valentine’s Day.
Planetta now reading messages that were exchanged between the mall plotters. In them, Souvannarath tells James Gamble that she has never fired a gun.
Planetta says this is not a sophisticated terrorist.
James Gamble killed himself as police tried to arrest him after they received an anonymous tip about the plot. Randall Shepherd and Souvannarath were arrested at the Halifax airport on Feb. 13, 2015.
A series of messages now being read in court by one of the appeal judges. In them, Gamble questions the location of the proposed plot.
In the messages, Souvannarath says she is excited. Planetta now completes his arguments.
O’Leary now up. He starts off by saying there was no mistake in the law.
O’Leary says this case is unique.
O’Leary says an attack was imminent.
O’Leary says within 36 hours of Souvannarath arriving in Halifax, a mass murder was planned to take place.
O’Leary says Souvannarath did not change her mind on the attack, she was stopped.
Planetta previously said Souvannarath’s life sentence is more harsh than that of Randall Steven Shepherd. He was sentenced to a decade in prison.
O’Leary says Souvannarath didn’t just plan, she acted. She was in Halifax.
O’Leary says there was no error on the part of the trial judge when it comes to the sentencing of Souvannarath.
O’Leary says the sentence was at the high end. He says when it comes to Shepherd, he never planned to kill anyone.
O’Leary says he doesn’t agree with Planetta that the sentence is too long.
The court has previously heard that Gamble had asked Shepherd to join the plot. Shepherd helped Gamble by recording videos at the mall & meeting Souvannarath at the airport.
O’Leary says the actions of Souvannarath & Gamble were very close to being a terrorist attack.
O’Leary answering questions about aggravating factors in this particular case.
O’Leary now speaking about the Moncton shooting, where 3 officers were killed. He says being an amateur doesn’t mean there’s a lack of danger.
Justice Derrick now questioning O’Leary. He says this plan was to kill random people. He says one of the cases Planetta pointed out involved a targeting shooting of an individual outside of the children’s hospital.
Here’s a detailed article which outlines the relationship between Souvannarath & Gamble:

Halifax mall plotters admired Columbine killers, court document reveals
They started sending online messages to each other on Dec. 21, 2014, an innocuous online chat about coffee and creative writing.
O’Leary now quoting from the transcript of the sentencing hearing. He is answering questions about remorse.
O’Leary says Souvannarath is intelligent, she knows right from wrong. The problem, he says, is that what she finds right is morally reprehensible.
Derrick questions O’Leary now. She asks if there was any evidence to show Souvannarath would have access to treatment.
O’Leary completes arguments.
Planetta now back up. He is going over some of the elements that O’Leary spoke about.
Planetta says Souvannarath’s trial lawyer didn’t say she wasn’t remorseful.
The panel of judges say they will reserve their decision on the case for a later date.

Last edited:

@Nighttimepod

kiwifarms.net

The Story of Lindsay Souvannarath - 7 - Lindsay, the Internet, and Radicalization

In 2015, on the eve of Valentine's day, the people of Halifax would learn that they aren’t exempt from the type of nightmares that play out on American news stations.

A local 19 year old James Gamble and his girlfriend, 23 year old American Lindsay Souvannarath, had taken the first steps in their plot to shoot and kill as many people as possible in the Halifax Shopping Centre food court before taking their own lives, just like the murderous pair they idolized… the Columbine shooters.

In ‘Part 7 - Lindsay, the Internet, and Radicalization’, we will be joined by investigative journalist Mack Lamoureux (Vice) who will open our eyes to the troubling world of online radicalization in the context of Lindsay Souvannarath’s case.

Links:
Mack Lamoureux - https://twitter.com/MackLamoureux
The Woman Who Plotted a Valentine's Mass Murder Shares How the Internet Radicalized Her (Mack’s Article on Lindsay S.) - https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...urder-shares-how-the-internet-radicalized-her
Online Neo-Nazis Are Increasingly Embracing Terror Tactics (Mack’s article on Fascist Forge) - https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/8xynq4/online-neo-nazis-are-increasingly-embracing-terror-tactics

Credits:
Musical Theme: Shadowpasser by Vox Somnia https://voxsomniamusic.bandcamp.com/
Ambient Theme: Fall Asleep by Paragon Cause https://paragoncause.bandcamp.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NightTimePod
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NightTimePod
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nighttimepod
Email: NightTimePodcast@gmail.com
Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/nighttimepodcast

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Figured that it would be flatly rejected.

Let’s see if she decides to go knocking on the SCC door. They only grant leave to appeal in like 10% of the cases and in order to be even heard the application for leave must merit that the lower appeal courts decision must be something that is in the national interest. She might as well try to obtain leave from the SCC as it’s worth the attempt.