TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

Uncle Linky

kiwifarms.net
Let's face it. There are few on TGWTG that you could consider a lolcow but I consider Linkara to be the head honcho of lolcows on that site.

His so called comic "reviews" are nothing more than Let's Read's. He has a big ego with self entitlement issues and the way he treats his fans are appalling.
He pretty much whines at his fans when Ad revenue isn't paying his bills and demands you turn off adblock and buy his crappy merchandise.

He's also creator of the "Lightbringer" Web Comic. It's as bad as Sonichu. Like Chris, his main character is a Mary Sue of himself who is pretty much a ripoff of batman who kills villains as he's fit. The villains are straw men. (pretty much the same villain every issue.) His portrayal of women are pretty much how Chris portrays them. 1 dimensional stereotypes. :sonichu:

Well that's my lolcow rant on Uncle Linky for more lolz check out his ED Page.
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Linkara

Thoughts?

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
Meh, he seems pretty ok
I mean, he isn't that funny, but that's really no reason to hate him, and I can understand the ad revenue thing. The man just desperately wants to make money with his reviews. And yeah his comic is pretty shitty, but there's a lot of people on the Internet who make or have made shitty comics (myself included).

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Count groudon said:
Meh, he seems pretty ok
I mean, he isn't that funny, but that's really no reason to hate him, and I can understand the ad revenue thing. The man just desperately wants to make money with his reviews. And yeah his comic is pretty shitty, but there's a lot of people on the Internet who make or have made shitty comics (myself included).
Indeed, he seems pretty ok. I used to be a fan but then lost interest. Like anyone trying to make a job out of e-fame, he and anyone else would desperately want to capitalize through reviews.

introman

Great Value™ Portable Pizza Pocket
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
As a guy who watches some of Linkara's episodes, I like to know what videos have him being appaling to fans. Don't really care about the whining about the Ad revenue though.
The only people that I've met that liked linkara are obese neckbeards/severe autistics. I haven't met one relatively normal fan ever. I had the great pleasure of reading over one fan's college level paper. It included the great accomplishments of not getting in to an argument over somebody saying the playstation sucks. He also knows that when he throws the thumbs up at his cousin it means he greatly approves. :lol:

Varis

Fascistnating
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if Linkara can be considered a lolcow, because I haven't really seen him interact with his fanbase. I only recall that people were complaining about how his plotlines interrupted the reviews, so he had to move them to the very end of the video. And I'm not sure why he likes to show those costumes off so much, especially the Power Rangers ones... OP is a good example.

It's quite obvious no one on TGWTG knows how to do a proper review, as Linkara just gives a summary of the plot of what he's reviewing, giving rise to the question why would one buy the thing when they can have some professional reviewer read out the whole thing to you in the same bland, monotone voice.
This is the reason I watch anything on TGWTG: I don't have the patience for full films, so 20-minute summaries are just my thing.

But hey, I don't mean to shoot this topic down. Uncle Linky seems to know more about Linkara than I do, and I'm willing to listen.

I feel sorry for Iron Liz, though. She doesn't deserve the shit she gets for her looks. (:_( She's my kindred spirit.

Henry Bemis

Irony: Not even once.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Count groudon said:
And yeah his comic is pretty shitty, but there's a lot of people on the Internet who make or have made shitty comics (myself included).
The difference here is that Linkara has come to terms that his comic was ridiculous and can laugh about it. Unlike, say, Chris, who still believes Sonichu is a million-dollar idea.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Henry Bemis said:
Count groudon said:
And yeah his comic is pretty shitty, but there's a lot of people on the Internet who make or have made shitty comics (myself included).
The difference here is that Linkara has come to terms that his comic was ridiculous and can laugh about it. Unlike, say, Chris, who still believes Sonichu is a million-dollar idea.
To back up Linkara coming to terms about his Lightbringer comic, I'll let this copy & paste line from TV Tropes Old Shame page speak
Linkara has no problem bashing the first volumes of Lightbringer,admitting that not only is the art terrible (which is why he now outsources the artwork), but that the stories are excessively preachy. He invoked the Trope Name when explaining this on one episode of Atop The Fourth Wall, saying he was "stupid and full of myself and didn't know any better" when writing it.
When he was 13, he wrote a Self Insert Fic crossing over the Pokémon anime, Digimon Adventure, and Sailor Moon, copying a story from a Big Finish Doctor Who audio drama. He actually brought that up to Bennett and had him make fun of it.
Then, there are his self-published novels, which, while not nearly as bad as above examples, still show that Linkara has come far as a writer since he wrote them (on the bright side, they contain what may well be the origin of his nickname).
He admitted during Magfest 9 that the early chapters of Lightbringer were written when he was "young and opinionated", saying he'd even given up on editing them.
Really, he isn't like Chris where he thought his novels and comic would rake in a million dollars.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I've seen stuff by everyone on TGWTG, and I can finally say it's all just awful. I don't think Linkara is any better than anyone else there, but I don't pay much mind to whatever it is he does that makes him a lolcow.

But I will say the whole website is just pure unfunny.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Hunter said:
But I will say the whole website is just pure unfunny.
I sort of agree. I may find some of the vids entertaining but really, is there anything funny about their videos? In fact, does any of the humor used really makes anyone laugh or does it only appeal to the die-hard, zealous fans?

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Don't really care about the whining about the Ad revenue though.
I honestly can't see why people would have a problem with this. I mean the job is silly but if he can make a living off these videos then fair enough. Also if adblock is on blip takes longer so why not just turn it off for this one site?

As for TGWTG guys, don't see them as lolcows. I mean if you don't like their videos, fair enough. People have different tastes and interests that should be respected. But as far as I know they aren't particularly lolcow worthy minus an incident or two (see the Spoony drama). If anything it's their diehard fans that have more lolcow potential.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
introman said:
c-no said:
As a guy who watches some of Linkara's episodes, I like to know what videos have him being appaling to fans. Don't really care about the whining about the Ad revenue though.
The only people that I've met that liked linkara are obese neckbeards/severe autistics. I haven't met one relatively normal fan ever. I had the great pleasure of reading over one fan's college level paper. It included the great accomplishments of not getting in to an argument over somebody saying the playstation sucks. He also knows that when he throws the thumbs up at his cousin it means he greatly approves. :lol:
...I like Linkara... :oops:

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
introman said:
c-no said:
...I like Linkara... :oops:
same here....

Trombonista

50ft Firebreathing Wogglebug for President
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Uncle Linky said:
Let's face it. There are few on TGWTG that you could consider a lolcow but I consider Linkara to be the head honcho of lolcows on that site.

His so called comic "reviews" are nothing more than Let's Read's. He has a big ego with self entitlement issues and the way he treats his fans are appalling.
He pretty much whines at his fans when Ad revenue isn't paying his bills and demands you turn off adblock and buy his crappy merchandise.

He's also creator of the "Lightbringer" Web Comic. It's as bad as Sonichu. Like Chris, his main character is a Mary Sue of himself who is pretty much a ripoff of batman who kills villains as he's fit. The villains are straw men. (pretty much the same villain every issue.) His portrayal of women are pretty much how Chris portrays them. 1 dimensional stereotypes. :sonichu:

Well that's my lolcow rant on Uncle Linky for more lolz check out his ED Page.
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Linkara

Thoughts?
Welcome back, bravoecho93!

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
trombonista said:
^The guy from one of the previous forums who would go on and on about how Linkara sucks and is totally a lolcow and left when enough people disagreed with him.

I remember these things.
Could have sworn that was DSteks or that he was involved in some sort of way, but I'm probably wrong.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino