TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Latza had both superior technical ability than any TGWTG producer, and his shit-tier humor was objectively as good as any of the rest of them. I unironically enjoy seeing him succeed to an extent in "real entertainment" while the rest of the not-Dougs flounder. Fucker more than paid his dues in /tv/ memes, now he's well on his way!
Ironic that one of the most obscure TGWTG producers ended up the most successful of the lot

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
You've done God's work, sir!

I'm not an artist at all and any drawing I've attempted is worse than Sonichu or Lightbringer; but this looks slightly better than the colored ones. Amateur as hell still, but not eye-seeringly incompetent as the colored editions.
It's amazing how bad coloring can ruin even good art. Not that this is good by any means, but the coloring makes it look like a bad MS Paint nightmare.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
It's amazing how bad coloring can ruin even good art. Not that this is good by any means, but the coloring makes it look like a bad MS Paint nightmare.
The coloring job was just SO BAD that I thought there was no way in hell that any physical medium was involved here. It's impressive in a macabre way, how he turned that into an MS Paint nightmare.

Color (HA!) me wrong. I think Linkara could have improved on this if he had the drive, seeing the penciled version, but his coloring skills are clearly his biggest problem and they made his comic look like a Sonichu-tier atrocity that screamed, "Find another hobby!"

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I think Linkara could have improved on this if he had the drive, seeing the penciled version, but his coloring skills are clearly his biggest problem and they made his comic look like a Sonichu-tier atrocity that screamed, "Find another hobby!"
If he released the comic in pencil, maybe with some post cleanup to get rid of smudges and such, it would actually be an improvement and not such as eyesore. Not every comic needs color.

Of course, the writing would still be godawful since this is Lewis we're talking about. But I think if the comic were presented like this, it would have been a little more interesting as an amateur webcomic about superheroes.

dark_lob1111

kiwifarms.net
If he released the comic in pencil, maybe with some post cleanup to get rid of smudges and such, it would actually be an improvement and not such as eyesore. Not every comic needs color.

Of course, the writing would still be godawful since this is Lewis we're talking about. But I think if the comic were presented like this, it would have been a little more interesting as an amateur webcomic about superheroes.
Tangent: There are some comic book artists who have actually published in all pencil, such as Adam Warren for Empowered. He knew his inks/pencils were more exciting uncolored and he had to fight publishers to keep it that way. It's not a well known fact outside of the artist world, that color can make or break your piece. Like you said though this is Lewis we're talking about it will always be awful. :cryblood:

Attachments

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net

Without color, you could probably attract the manga crowd since that's all black and white. Also, wasn't Scott Pilgrim, one of the biggest indie and/or not Marvel/DC comics ever initially in black and white?

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Without color, you could probably attract the manga crowd since that's all black and white. Also, wasn't Scott Pilgrim, one of the biggest indie and/or not Marvel/DC comics ever initially in black and white?
If you want to go biggest indie Not-Big-Two comic, just say Ninja Turtles. And yes, it was black and white.

ωσкє вℓυє мυѕℓιм qυєєη

Remember, remember the 11th of September
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you know how to use black and white you can get better results than with color and you save money on print. Dramatic/noirish pieces like what I think Lightbringer was suppossed to be take this route more often than other genres since color is something that can get very hard to pull specially without bast experience.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
The coloring job was just SO BAD that I thought there was no way in hell that any physical medium was involved here. It's impressive in a macabre way, how he turned that into an MS Paint nightmare.

Color (HA!) me wrong. I think Linkara could have improved on this if he had the drive, seeing the penciled version, but his coloring skills are clearly his biggest problem and they made his comic look like a Sonichu-tier atrocity that screamed, "Find another hobby!"
Let's not get crazy here. Remember Lewis's levitating/ballet feet...

linkara levitation.PNG

I don't think removing the color is going to fix that.

I think Lewis has also gone after Liefeld for how he draws feet. But then, Lewis goes after professional artists and writers when he's done the same stuff worse all the time. It wouldn't be so annoying if he showed a bit of genuine humility, but he's always so pompous about it, often implies that they're bad people for doing certain things he's also done, and thinks if he just says, "Yeah, my old projects sucked" it excuses that.

• Agree
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Let's not get crazy here. Remember Lewis's levitating/ballet feet...

View attachment 886646

I don't think removing the color is going to fix that.

I think Lewis has also gone after Liefeld for how he draws feet. But then, Lewis goes after professional artists and writers when he's done the same stuff worse all the time. It wouldn't be so annoying if he showed a bit of genuine humility, but he's always so pompous about it, often implies that they're bad people for doing certain things he's also done, and thinks if he just says, "Yeah, my old projects sucked" it excuses that.
Isn't one of the professional techniques that whenever possible, don't draw the feet in the frame because it's a pain in the ass. I think cartoons run by that.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Isn't one of the professional techniques that whenever possible, don't draw the feet in the frame because it's a pain in the ass. I think cartoons run by that.
I haven't heard that. I would assume the reason there are so many professional shots/panels with the feet out of frame is because they're the furthest thing from the face, which means that if your zoomed in on a character at all, they're generally going to be the first thing to end up out of frame.

Anyway, when it comes to things that are a pain in the ass to draw, hands are much worse.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkEmoMario64