TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

Dimetrodon

Not a reptile or a mammal
kiwifarms.net
The fan he paid, Vincent E. L., was also partly responsible for this absolute trainwreck, though what part specifically I’m not sure since I never listened to the thing.

Edit: He looks like he’s trying to sell you a self-help book on late night television.

Jim Sterling's theme song immediately came to mind when I saw this image.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Most of these nobodies have shit themesongs. From AVGN to GameDude to Lewis. 10 years ago, you could get away with something recorded in an amateur setup. Honest truth is this whole sub conversation actually makes me respect Spoony MORE than before the conversation started. He knew he could never MAKE a catchy themesong, so he found something off the shelf he liked, contacted the band, got permission, and even cross-promoted with them.

AVGN got his friend to do a guitar riff, which, again, 10 years ago, was fine. GameDude's theme is ear cancer. Lewis's is a weird western theme he bought from a fan. Doug's is a random guitar instrumental. Buck's is garbage. But Spoony is the only one that picked something that could legitimately chart.

Doctor Placebo

Kiwi-Chan loves you, even if no one else does.
kiwifarms.net
You’re surprised? What, were you expecting Linkara to sing a song about his exploits himself?
Considering he made and sold a Christmas album he did as his shitty Sinatra impersonator character? It'd hardly be out of character.

Most of these nobodies have shit themesongs. From AVGN to GameDude to Lewis. 10 years ago, you could get away with something recorded in an amateur setup. Honest truth is this whole sub conversation actually makes me respect Spoony MORE than before the conversation started. He knew he could never MAKE a catchy themesong, so he found something off the shelf he liked, contacted the band, got permission, and even cross-promoted with them.

AVGN got his friend to do a guitar riff, which, again, 10 years ago, was fine. GameDude's theme is ear cancer. Lewis's is a weird western theme he bought from a fan. Doug's is a random guitar instrumental. Buck's is garbage. But Spoony is the only one that picked something that could legitimately chart.
AVGN's song is pretty good for what it is, a bare bones theme song done by one guy with an acoustic guitar. It's catchy, memorable, and the lyrics explain the show well. The recording quality really wasn't that bad for the time either. Gamedude's song was... memorable. It certainly wasn't good, but it did have a sort of so bad it's good quality, much like the man himself. Very fitting for an autistic nut who made shitty content, then became a full on schizo cow and is now a living meme. Doug's is completely forgettable. It also took him way longer than the others to actually get an opening theme song.

Personally I was never a huge fan of Linkara's theme. On top of being a poor fit musically for his content, the vocals sound like crap to me. Like how a couple of friends and I would sing if we were drunk.

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Isn't Doug's theme just a worse version/""""parody"""" of a Queen song though?
Basically in his Moulin Rouge review, he did a parody of that version called "The Review Must Go On". When he came back from Demo Reel, he had a sequence where the Critic gets back in the chair along to a guitar instrumental that Skitch made for him, and then that became his theme song... which he used to (Don't know if he still does) credit himself as the sole writer.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Not all of them, but honestly, at the height of their popularity, many of them had enough money to commission a musician to make them a theme song, or at least pay for the rights of one lesser-known song.

It was understandable when they were nobodies, but, really, later on, there was no excuse. When Channel Awesome was at its prime, they could've invested more in quality.

Though, to be fair many popular reviewers post the channel awesome/angry reviewers fad don't bother with a theme song at all or just play an abbreviated version. In hindsight, I guess it's a bit of a relic of the Angry reviewer era of youtube.

Last edited:

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Given modern Youtube's draconian policies, even asking for permission and getting it probably won't stop the algorithm from demonetizing your content. It's why a lot of Youtubers now just use music that's under public use like Kevin MacLeod's discography.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
You know, although I think we've established Linkara's original fiction is bad, I think his reviews are also subpar.

Although I do think he had some good moments, like the snowflake or the "I am a man" meme, after reading this thread, I can't say I respect him as a critic at all anymore.

Cringy original fiction aside, I sort of expect a critic to be able, at the bare minimum, to be able to give his honest opinion about things. But seeing How Lewis just regurgitates the popular consensus, like hating Leifeild blindly, because that's what the cool kids do. And how he is not brave enough to criticize the awful SJW comics Marvel and DC are making, because that goes against his feminist SJW persona, I can't say I think he is a good reviewer either.

I mean saying a comic is bad after everyone has already done it's not what I would call good criticism. Once the SJW fad passes out, and it becomes "safe" to point out how awful those comics are, he will. But until then, his silence just speaks volumes.

He would get a pass if he was a "nostalgia comic critic", but even Doug is reviewing recent trends. Also at least when Doug is ignorant enough to criticize something as beloved as The wall, you can tell he is giving his opinion.

I just don't think that saying "One more day" or All-Star Batman are bad are particularly original or groundbreaking opinions. As of now, the American comic industry is on the verge of collapse and he says nothing about it.

Last edited:

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
You know, although I think we've established Linkara's original fiction is bad, I think his reviews are also subpar.

Although I do think he had some good moments, like the snowflake or the "I am a man" meme, after reading this thread, I can't say I respect him as a critic at all anymore.

Cringy original fiction aside, I sort of expect a critic to be able, at the bare minimum, to be able to give his honest opinion about things. But seeing How Lewis just regurgitates the popular consensus, like hating Leifeild blindly, because that's what the cool kids do. And how he is not brave enough to criticize the awful SJW comics Marvel and DC are making, because that goes against his feminist SJW persona, I can't say I think he is a good reviewer either.

I mean saying a comic is bad after everyone has already done it's not what I would call good criticism. Once the SJW fad passes out, and it becomes "safe" to point out how awful those comics are, he will. But until then, his silence just speaks volumes.

He would get a pass if he was a "nostalgia comic critic", but even Doug is reviewing recent trends. Also at least when Doug is ignorant enough to criticize something as beloved as The wall, you can tell he is giving his opinion.

I just don't think that saying "One more day" or All-Star Batman are bad are particularly original or groundbreaking opinions. As of now, the American comic industry is on the verge of collapse and he says nothing about it.
He is more interested in feeding off comics versus contributing to comics.

It might have been trash, but lightbringer did contribute to comics as a whole. It was made, it existed, people discussed it, and a few people even tried to make their own version of it.

Atop The fourth wall doesn't say anything we don't already know. It doesn't educate, elevate, or start conversations as much as reiterate accepted statements of fact. It's as informative as going "water is wet" in the comic book space.

Nowadays, modern YouTube viewers looking to know more about comics don't watch atop The 4th wall. They watch variant comics, comics explained or comicstropes.

A startling number of people know Lewis exists. He was even featured as a "runner up" in watchmojos top comic channels (i suspect they were flooded by his fans with recommendations of Lewis's show, and the editor actually watched it and was like "this is garbage, but he's got autistic fans. Throw him in as a runner up").

But, he's not getting the numbers

Mister Show

Your host for the evening!
kiwifarms.net
Nowadays, modern YouTube viewers looking to know more about comics don't watch atop The 4th wall. They watch variant comics, comics explained or comicstropes.
I actually caught a vid by Comics Tropes the other day because he featured a video about Jim Shooter. Never watched him before. I don't know much about the guy's channel, but the Shooter video seemed pretty well researched. I enjoyed it.

Reactions: b0o0pinsn0o0tz

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net

He has a policy of not reviewing a comic/series until a year after its release. I think he said it was to wait until more background information came out but I'm pretty sure it was just to make sure it was a safe target. Its why it took him years to cover Identity Crisis, which he hates.

b0o0pinsn0o0tz

kiwifarms.net
I actually caught a vid by Comics Tropes the other day because he featured a video about Jim Shooter. Never watched him before. I don't know much about the guy's channel, but the Shooter video seemed pretty well researched. I enjoyed it.
Comic Tropes is so much better than Linkara it's not even funny. He seems like a relatively normal guy that likes comics instead of an autistic weirdo and that makes a world of difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Comic Tropes is so much better than Linkara it's not even funny. He seems like a relatively normal guy that likes comics instead of an autistic weirdo and that makes a world of difference.
Honestly, I remember Ya Boi Zack also schooling Linkara.
He is more interested in feeding off comics versus contributing to comics.

It might have been trash, but lightbringer did contribute to comics as a whole. It was made, it existed, people discussed it, and a few people even tried to make their own version of it.

Atop The fourth wall doesn't say anything we don't already know. It doesn't educate, elevate, or start conversations as much as reiterate accepted statements of fact. It's as informative as going "water is wet" in the comic book space.

A startling number of people know Lewis exists. He was even featured as a "runner up" in watchmojos top comic channels (i suspect they were flooded by his fans with recommendations of Lewis's show, and the editor actually watched it and was like "this is garbage, but he's got autistic fans. Throw him in as a runner up").

But, he's not getting the numbers
Did Linkara not see how the MCU dominated comics conversation for a decade?
He has a policy of not reviewing a comic/series until a year after its release. I think he said it was to wait until more background information came out but I'm pretty sure it was just to make sure it was a safe target. Its why it took him years to cover Identity Crisis, which he hates.
That really sounds like he’s trying to find anything to shift the blame from the people who made the comic itself to any form of executive meddling he can find.