TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
My guess is Linkara failed to treat his online career like a true business. Guys like AVGN, Black Nerd, and others made their content, but also networked, built relationships, and turned their content into a business where as Linkara just screamed from on high and, I guess, just assumed that people would always like to hear what he had to say about things like that would be enough.
You don't even need to speculate on this. He has never expanded or improved to the next level over the years. Part of it is his own lack of foresight and ineptitude.

Another is just his personality. People like AVGN are normal people who understand how to build relationships and business connections with people. Now compare that to the entire Hmmm? story, a great example of how not to behave around people you just met.
Keep in mind that Lewis had open disdain for Super Sentai, Power Rangers' source material. Most Power Rangers fanboys aren't as militaristic about it as he was about it either. In fact, most had a sense of appreciation for the source material. With Lewis, it ranged from mild disdain to outright hostility and preaching Power Rangers as superior.

Now, I'm not into the Power Rangers fandom, or Super Sentai(other than watching a few seasons and enjoying Gokaiger and Gobusters), but Lewis would be viewed as a highly derisive personality. I can get why he might get a few con invites, but nothing beyond that.
It seems like the Power Rangers fandom doesn't even want to acknowledge Lewis. There was a thread about him a few years ago on r/powerrangers that essentially stated this. They're thankful for his videos on the franchise, most don't think his vids are super great but ultimately they do appreciate him talking about it.

However, they don't think highly of him and don't really want him associated with the brand. If the subject of HOPR comes up, they'll talk about the videos but kind of go out of their way to avoid mentioning Linkara when discussing them.

It's kind of weird in a way, almost like separating the art from the artist. Given that that thread was from 2016, I can only imagine what they think about him now given all the other shit he's gotten himself into.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Im going to go out on a limb and posit that the reason why Linkara has had a very frosty reception in the industry despite his funnelling of dumb tumblr kids towards comics, not to mention his brave white knighting and dogged shouting of trendy slogans and buzzwords, is due entirely to the fact that his reviews pissed enough people off in the comic-creation sphere to be quietly but decidedly blackballed

Remember the two great laws of hack media goon behavior that have been endlessly demonstrated this past decade
  1. Hack media goons instinctively cluster together into closeknit asspatting cliques both to endlessly shill eachothers work to give it the illusion of "peer respected quality" and to aggressively try to attack, discredit, smear, or straight up silence anybody who is deemed an enemy of this clique.
  2. Hack media goons absolutely despise criticism and public mockery, and will move heaven and earth to smear and punish those who offer it
While the most infamous examples of these behaviors in action has been the mass adoption of woke/SJW schtick to declare critics [INSERT DEMOGRAPHIC HERE] hating nazi manbabies and to shill their work as "stunning and brave and important" just for existing, 90% of the time I think these behaviors manifest more behind the scenes in the proverbial country club where all it takes is one member quietly bitching about this uppity youtube spastic insulting his work for everyone else to take note and make sure to never be seen to be associated with said youtube spastic nor to let him anywhere near their exclusive club

This ofcourse is only really ever effective in small fish corners of creative media like modern comics and YA/Hugo Sci-fi tier shit where a single clique can effectively call shots over everything, but its still a fact very present in TV/movie/music land given all the drama and behind the scenes politics

Ironically, if my suspicions are correct, Linkara is a pariah among comic creators not because of any autism on his part, but because he assumed comic creators were more mature and well adjusted regarding criticism than your average high school cheer squad

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
It seems like the Power Rangers fandom doesn't even want to acknowledge Lewis. There was a thread about him a few years ago on r/powerrangers that essentially stated this. They're thankful for his videos on the franchise, most don't think his vids are super great but ultimately they do appreciate him talking about it.

However, they don't think highly of him and don't really want him associated with the brand. If the subject of HOPR comes up, they'll talk about the videos but kind of go out of their way to avoid mentioning Linkara when discussing them.

It's kind of weird in a way, almost like separating the art from the artist. Given that that thread was from 2016, I can only imagine what they think about him now given all the other shit he's gotten himself into.
One of Lewis's fanboys actually made a much better "history of Power Rangers" video, specifically discussing Zyuranger and the cinematic differences.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Link? I gotta see this.

Im going to go out on a limb and posit that the reason why Linkara has had a very frosty reception in the industry despite his funnelling of dumb tumblr kids towards comics, not to mention his brave white knighting and dogged shouting of trendy slogans and buzzwords, is due entirely to the fact that his reviews pissed enough people off in the comic-creation sphere to be quietly but decidedly blackballed
I think it's more than that. Marvel for the past 10 years has made it no secret they don't hire people who submit test scripts anymore. I think they even have a policy of shredding them, just to ensure that if a similar idea is used in print, a would-be fan writer can't accuse them of lifting his ideas. The last time I remember a fan submission got through and Marvel paying for it was Spider-man's original black suit concept, which they paid the fan something like $100. This was also back in the 80's, so it tells you just how long ago this was.

Marvel made it clear that without a connection, you aren't writing for them. So, social networking is a big part of that concept. But, Marvel does hire very polarizing people. People that have gone out of their way to insult people in the bullpen and readers as a whole. Lewis's problem is he made no attempt to get an 'in'. He doesn't personally know anyone of any notoriety. He has made no attempt to go "Well, this is how you do it" that got fans excited. Sure, he did "Lightbringer" and "Revolution of the Mask", but he wants to bury that.

If he wanted to write comics, he would be writing comics. Maybe not for DC or Marvel, but for SOMEBODY, even himself. Richard Meyer had no writing experience in the industry and was able to kickstart an apparently very interesting comic writing career by going "This is how you do it." Meyer is already doing an Expendables book with Stallone after his own project 'Jawbreakers' went through, even with industry insiders trying to kill his budding comic career. If Lewis actually loved comics, versus seeing it as something to exploit and use for clicks, he would still be writing SOMETHING, putting something out, even if nobody is reading it.

Last edited:

Doctor Placebo

Kiwi-Chan loves you, even if no one else does.
kiwifarms.net

I think it's more than that. Marvel for the past 10 years has made it no secret they don't hire people who submit test scripts anymore. I think they even have a policy of shredding them, just to ensure that if a similar idea is used in print, a would-be fan writer can't accuse them of lifting his ideas. The last time I remember a fan submission got through and Marvel paying for it was Spider-man's original black suit concept, which they paid the fan something like $100. This was also back in the 80's, so it tells you just how long ago this was.

Marvel made it clear that without a connection, you aren't writing for them. So, social networking is a big part of that concept. But, Marvel does hire very polarizing people. People that have gone out of their way to insult people in the bullpen and readers as a whole. Lewis's problem is he made no attempt to get an 'in'. He doesn't personally know anyone of any notoriety. He has made no attempt to go "Well, this is how you do it" that got fans excited. Sure, he did "Lightbringer" and "Revolution of the Mask", but he wants to bury that.

If he wanted to write comics, he would be writing comics. Maybe not for DC or Marvel, but for SOMEBODY, even himself. Richard Meyer had no writing experience in the industry and was able to kickstart an apparently very interesting comic writing career by going "This is how you do it." Meyer is already doing an Expendables book with Stallone after his own project 'Jawbreakers' went through, even with industry insiders trying to kill his budding comic career. If Lewis actually loved comics, versus seeing it as something to exploit and use for clicks, he would still be writing SOMETHING, putting something out, even if nobody is reading it.
He did try to get an in by cyber stalking and sucking Gail Simone's metaphorical internet penis any chance he could on comic forums, and ended up weirding her out instead. Other than that I agree.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
It's sad to see how he hasn't grown and just how woke/sjw he got. I watched a decent amount of his earlier reviews and do think he nailed why OMD is hated so much by Spider-Man fans.

I tuned him out once he started bringing reviews to a screeching halt to make some sort of feminist or sjw point. (And I still fucking LMAO at the fact he was exposed as a sex pest numale feminist.) It was mildly annoying at first but these rants quickly became more common and would eat up time. Around the time I gave up on him, I shit you not, I timed one rant at 5+ minutes.

Other comic reviewers have sprung up over the years and have shown the whole reviewer angle can be profitable. (Look at places like Comicpop.) Yet, Lewis is a mid 30's man barely making 30k a year living in an apartment in the midwest. That's piss poor after a decade plus of work.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
It's sad to see how he hasn't grown and just how woke/sjw he got. I watched a decent amount of his earlier reviews and do think he nailed why OMD is hated so much by Spider-Man fans.

I tuned him out once he started bringing reviews to a screeching halt to make some sort of feminist or sjw point. (And I still fucking LMAO at the fact he was exposed as a sex pest numale feminist.) It was mildly annoying at first but these rants quickly became more common and would eat up time. Around the time I gave up on him, I shit you not, I timed one rant at 5+ minutes.

Other comic reviewers have sprung up over the years and have shown the whole reviewer angle can be profitable. (Look at places like Comicpop.) Yet, Lewis is a mid 30's man barely making 30k a year living in an apartment in the midwest. That's piss poor after a decade plus of work.
I disagree about OMD. He tried to pin the majority of the blame on JMS. Now I think JMS is highly overrated in nerd circles. B5 isn't as good as people remember, but the majority of One More Days blame should be on Joe queseda.

JMS has been incredibly forthcoming in the behind the scenes of what editorial mandates he was fighting to try and get something, anything good out of the situation. He wanted to release an extra that detailed the timeline changes. Denied. He wanted to retcon the goblin babies. Denied.

For Lewis to try and pin it all on JMS is ignoring the fact that all the facts behind this editorially mandated story shift has been incredibly public.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
I disagree about OMD. He tried to pin the majority of the blame on JMS. Now I think JMS is highly overrated in nerd circles. B5 isn't as good as people remember, but the majority of One More Days blame should be on Joe queseda.

JMS has been incredibly forthcoming in the behind the scenes of what editorial mandates he was fighting to try and get something, anything good out of the situation. He wanted to release an extra that detailed the timeline changes. Denied. He wanted to retcon the goblin babies. Denied.

For Lewis to try and pin it all on JMS is ignoring the fact that all the facts behind this editorially mandated story shift has been incredibly public.
If memory serves, he blasted Quesada over it. The JMS involvement didn't come till later?

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net

If I recall he actually acknowledged this and corrected himself in his annual top 15 video which was centered on errors he made in his episodes.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
If memory serves, he blasted Quesada over it. The JMS involvement didn't come till later?
I distinctly remember Lewis uttering the words "I blame you, J. Michael Straczynski".

While JMS does share some blame ( he was responsible for the goblin babies and overall is weak against editors), this is mainly because he comes from a television writing background and writing room thinking holds "there is no such thing as an unsalvageable idea".

His original take with the goblin babies were they were supposed to be Peter's kids. Queseda overruled that that would age Peter. Instead of rightfully jettisoning it, JMS tried to make it work. He failed.

He to his credit tried to wipe them out with one more day but queseda overruled him again.

• Informative
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Weren't most of his corrections not really corrections and instead justifications?
Probably like half of them were justifications and most of the rest were partial justifications, with a couple of incidences of actually admitting fault without justification.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
In the text chat of that stream, Ethan Van Sciver was in the live chat said Lewis was 'known' to the industry as a pervert.
The biggest irony here is that if he hadn't stalked Gail Simone, and had actually used his popularity from that guy with the glasses to network in the industry, and actually made a passable comic by listening to criticism, he would have got a very good chance of writing for Marvel.

Now that he burned all the bridges, no amount of SJW feminism will get him in.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
The biggest irony here is that if he hadn't stalked Gail Simone, and had actually used his popularity from that guy with the glasses to network in the industry, and actually made a passable comic by listening to criticism, he would have got a very good chance of writing for Marvel.

Now that he burned all the bridges, no amount of SJW feminism will get him in.
Was TGWTG really that big a deal though? Would it have really gotten him a chance to network. I mean, CA’s peak years coincided with the years the MCU took off. I’m thinking the gulf was too big between those two.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Was TGWTG really that big a deal though? Would it have really gotten him a chance to network. I mean, CA’s peak years coincided with the years the MCU took off. I’m thinking the gulf was too big between those two.
You got a point in that TGWTG wasn't that big and Linkara even in his prime wasn't that popular, but from what I've heard they have been hiring people even more obscure than Linkara out of Tumblr.

It's a well-known fact that people in the industry are keeping an eye on social media. In fact, the anti-SJW crowd is very well known in the comic-making community despite being very obscure in the grand scheme of things. Maybe not enough to get a job, but I think Linkara had a good shot to at least let himself be well known, and maybe, just maybe, get a call. More than any random comic fan, at least.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that Christopher Hastings made the jump from webcomics to Marvel, so it's not as crazy as it sounds.

I would say that if Linkara was known as, at least, as a mediocre comic book writer with outspoken SJW/ feminist ideas as he tries to be, he would've got a better shot than just being known as that creepy guy that stalked Gail Simone.

Last edited:

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Maybe if he trooned out. If anything, his degeneracy plays in his favour in this situation.

He's far too low on the progressive stack at the moment. Despite being a self proclaimed nasty cockslut.
Don't forget that back then he wasn't only a huwhite male, but a Christian Republican. They may have been a bit more quiet about it before Drumpf, but considering the kind of adult children that worked at Marvel even then, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd blacklist him on that alone.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget that back then he wasn't only a huwhite male, but a Christian Republican. They may have been a bit more quiet about it before Drumpf, but considering the kind of adult children that worked at Marvel even then, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd blacklist him on that alone.
Lewis pulled a Cenk Ugyr and is claiming he sees the progressive light and his rape fetish and perversions were due to being a republican and can people stop digging through old forum posts of him thirsting for Ann Coulter.