TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Wow, I walked back into an actual interesting discussion about how Linkara went nowhere despite vomiting the right opinions. Knew it was based on him being too much of a weirdo (being the guy who faps to green M&Ms and stalked an SJW icon).

Being a weirdo unevolving dinosaur really does hurt.
You think at some level, he knows he blew his chance at being in the industry? There has to be a reason that he continues to paint himself with having a large ego and acting like he and his show are still acting like it’s 2011.

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
the anti-SJW crowd is very well known in the comic-making community despite being very obscure in the grand scheme of things
Reminds me of Zack from Comics Matter, I don't watch his stuff because they have little to no production value, but he successfully managed to crowdfund both of his comics and has been in the review game for way less time. Maybe Linkara should crowfund a comic that could get the attention of people from the industry instead of making ''movies'' that no one but his fanbase cares about, hell you dont need to crowfund it, there is plenty of examples of webcomics that got print deals

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Being a weirdo unevolving dinosaur really does hurt.

Fun fact: Rememeber the guy that created snowflakes and safe space? His most notable work before Marvel was this:

1585044217542.png

Basically it's fanfic that says that the regular white Santa is the gay husband of his O.C
So why do I bring this up? Well, to make clear that quality was sincerely not an issue for Linkara to enter the industry at all.

And like others have said, he even has the "right opinions" now.

But definitively his reputation as a creep killed his chances. In fact I would bet Gail Simone herself was the one that made sure he was vetoed and warned her friends in the industry about his stalking on her, barring him entry forever.

Last edited:

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of Zack from Comics Matter, I don't watch his stuff because they have little to no production value, but he successfully managed to crowdfund both of his comics and has been in the review game for way less time. Maybe Linkara should crowfund a comic that could get the attention of people from the industry instead of making ''movies'' that no one but his fanbase cares about, hell you dont need to crowfund it, there is plenty of examples of webcomics that got print deals
Fun fact: Rememeber the guy that created snowflakes and safe space? His most notable work before Marvel was this:

View attachment 1200827

Basically it's fanfic that says that the regular white Santa is the gay husband of his O.C
So why do I bring this up? Well, to make clear that quality was sincerely not an issue for Linkara to enter the industry at all.

And like others have said, he even has the "right opinions" now.

But definitively his reputation as a creep killed his chances. In fact I would bet Gail Simone herself was the one that warned her friends about his stalking on her, barring him entry forever.
Lewis does have a built-in audience. Let's say he has fans ranging around 30,000 peeps around the world, and maybe 10,000 constant viewers and under 800 patrons. If he did his own original digitally published comic he could start making waves.

Richard Meyer, also known as "Ya boi zack", was able to turn reading a book in a car into an active fanbase, self-publish a book and make hundreds of thousands of dollars and industry ties. This is with an openly hostile traditional print industry throwing active roadblocks in his way. The difference is what they are looking to get out of it. Meyer, love him or hate him, he has a genuine interest in comics. Not sure if I can say a deep love for it, but he is trying. That's something. And he wants to create, no matter if he made $5k or $400k.

Looking at their subscriber count, they are almost dead-even on YouTube. https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/linkaraatopthefourthwall https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCrlzSqLSGj8GIOeT5jrQsJA While it's true Meyer did this in a quarter of the time it took Lewis to, as of right now, they are dead even. Lewis just doesn't have an interest in comics beyond clicks. He can't turn that into making a book. He isn't going to have an indiegogo of "I want to show the big two how to do great books again".

One person nailed it when they pointed out when Lewis does a requested review of something good, he is confused, legitimately confused, why people want to talk about GOOD comic media. He's still stuck in the AVGN/Doug Walker mindset that "Rage rage rage = money".

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
One person nailed it when they pointed out when Lewis does a requested review of something good, he is confused, legitimately confused, why people want to talk about GOOD comic media. He's still stuck in the AVGN/Doug Walker mindset that "Rage rage rage = money".

It's really easy to say why something is bad, its harder to say why something is good; I think what Linkara has most in commom with Doug is that although they enjoy the medium they are reviewing, they don't understand it. Doug/Lewis couldn't make a good film/comic even If there was a gun pointed at their heads and I think that boils down to just a lack of true passion and thinking they're too good to learn anything new

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
And even then, I'm pretty sure both AVGN and Doug have moved on from that phase and both review products that are considered good or that they actually like. Even "Angry" Joe does give a lot of positive reviews and even mentions the good parts he likes of bad games.

It's almost like fans of reviewers just want people's honest opinion of a product and not just fake manfactured outrage.

To be fair a lot of people did like the fake outrage for comedic effect during TGWTG boom, but that fad is pretty much over.

Doctor Placebo

Kiwi-Chan loves you, even if no one else does.
kiwifarms.net
Lewis pulled a Cenk Ugyr and is claiming he sees the progressive light and his rape fetish and perversions were due to being a republican and can people stop digging through old forum posts of him thirsting for Ann Coulter.
As far as I know, he hasn't publicly owned his rape fetishes and other weird shit at all. I'm pretty sure he still insists Iron Liz "has always been a woman." The only actual things he'd probably disavow from back then were stuff like believing that people can choose not to be gay and supporting George W. Bush.

You think at some level, he knows he blew his chance at being in the industry? There has to be a reason that he continues to paint himself with having a large ego and acting like he and his show are still acting like it’s 2011.
I think he knows deep down. He seems a lot angrier and swears a lot more on social media now. He definitely acts more bitter than he did back then. But maybe he's just pissed off that he ended up married to a biological woman, Leslie Jones look alike though she may be, when what he really wanted was a nice muscular lady boy with a big ol' dick.

Lewis does have a built-in audience. Let's say he has fans ranging around 30,000 peeps around the world, and maybe 10,000 constant viewers and under 800 patrons. If he did his own original digitally published comic he could start making waves.

Richard Meyer, also known as "Ya boi zack", was able to turn reading a book in a car into an active fanbase, self-publish a book and make hundreds of thousands of dollars and industry ties. This is with an openly hostile traditional print industry throwing active roadblocks in his way. The difference is what they are looking to get out of it. Meyer, love him or hate him, he has a genuine interest in comics. Not sure if I can say a deep love for it, but he is trying. That's something. And he wants to create, no matter if he made $5k or $400k.

Looking at their subscriber count, they are almost dead-even on YouTube. https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/linkaraatopthefourthwall https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCrlzSqLSGj8GIOeT5jrQsJA While it's true Meyer did this in a quarter of the time it took Lewis to, as of right now, they are dead even. Lewis just doesn't have an interest in comics beyond clicks. He can't turn that into making a book. He isn't going to have an indiegogo of "I want to show the big two how to do great books again".

He tried to harness his built in audience for comic sales with Revolution of the Mask. Apparently it didn't work since he gave up.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, he hasn't publicly owned his rape fetishes and other weird shit at all. I'm pretty sure he still insists Iron Liz "has always been a woman." The only actual things he'd probably disavow from back then were stuff like believing that people can choose not to be gay and supporting George W. Bush.

I think he knows deep down. He seems a lot angrier and swears a lot more on social media now. He definitely acts more bitter than he did back then. But maybe he's just pissed off that he ended up married to a biological woman, Leslie Jones look alike though she may be, when what he really wanted was a nice muscular lady boy with a big ol' dick.

He tried to harness his built in audience for comic sales with Revolution of the Mask. Apparently it didn't work since he gave up.
The Revolution of the Mask plugs were more about him claiming he was a superior writer to the comic he was blasting. Not about selling. Even then, if he had a passion for it, he would've completed that series.

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor Placebo

Arthur Morgan

kiwifarms.net
Definitely, because he's given up on it and thrown all his efforts into video making without making any moves to do something outside of the channel. He's got all his eggs in one basket because it's the only thing that's made any return.

Nef Anyo

THE POWER OF THE VOID COMPELS YOU!
kiwifarms.net
Keep in mind that Lewis had open disdain for Super Sentai, Power Rangers' source material. Most Power Rangers fanboys aren't as militaristic about it as he was about it either. In fact, most had a sense of appreciation for the source material. With Lewis, it ranged from mild disdain to outright hostility and preaching Power Rangers as superior.

Now, I'm not into the Power Rangers fandom, or Super Sentai(other than watching a few seasons and enjoying Gokaiger and Gobusters), but Lewis would be viewed as a highly derisive personality. I can get why he might get a few con invites, but nothing beyond that.
My bone to pick with Linkara over his disdain of the source sentai and why he refused to mention it in HOPR is because once you see Zyuranger in its entirety (thank you, Shout Factory), a majority of weirdness in the first MMPR series makes a lot more sense (i.e. the RadBug, the chicken episode, etc) because Zyuranger was a batshit crazy series to begin with. A lot of his whining could be solved with watching the equivalent episode from Zyuranger.

And yeah, he is a divisive personality. At his peak, Linkara influenced a lot of NPC-esque thought in the PR fandom about how 'X series is bad and this is why' and parroted his same exact opinions, which still induces irritation in some PR/Sentai fans every now and then. He doesn't nearly have the same clout he used to have back in the day, though, which is probably why he was never asked to contribute to the Boom MMPR comics in any meaningful manner.... thank God.

• Agree
Reactions: I Love Beef

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
My bone to pick with Linkara over his disdain of the source sentai and why he refused to mention it in HOPR is because once you see Zyuranger in its entirety (thank you, Shout Factory), a majority of weirdness in the first MMPR series makes a lot more sense (i.e. the RadBug, the chicken episode, etc) because Zyuranger was a batshit crazy series to begin with. A lot of his whining could be solved with watching the equivalent episode from Zyuranger.

And yeah, he is a divisive personality. At his peak, Linkara influenced a lot of NPC-esque thought in the PR fandom about how 'X series is bad and this is why' and parroted his same exact opinions, which still induces irritation in some PR/Sentai fans every now and then. He doesn't nearly have the same clout he used to have back in the day, though, which is probably why he was never asked to contribute to the Boom MMPR comics in any meaningful manner.... thank God.
Super Sentai is weird in that it can be a lot more comedic and tongue in cheek, but at the same time, when it needed to be sincere and impactful, it could pull it off. A great example of that is in Zyuranger, with Burai's story. Burai's story is better than Tommy's at such a huge degree it's not even funny. It can't even be considered a comparison.

You can still enjoy Power Rangers, but you have to know you're getting something watered down. Power Rangers' better seasons were the ones where they were cribbing almost verbatim from the sentai series source, like Timeforce/Timeranger.

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Lewis is part of the Power Force, which was an initiative Saban made around the time they got the license back of high-profile PR fans, but I don't know if that's still a thing after Bandai's buyout or if it gave him any special privileges. Only time I remember Lewis talking about it afterwards was him saying that due to being part of it, he has to wait for official DVDs to release before he can talk about the new seasons.

As for his lack of ability to expand, part of me thinks it's a deliberate call since he saw what happened when Doug tried to get out of the comfort zone with Demo Reel, which apparently did so badly financially Doug had to rush back to NC within a year. Additionally the Gail Simone simping probably hasn't done him many favours but even if he did try to get his foot in the door with a professional comic script, my gut is it simply wouldn't be very good and would be dismissed.

After all, we've seen his current attempts at wriiting in AT4W's storylines.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Lewis is part of the Power Force, which was an initiative Saban made around the time they got the license back of high-profile PR fans, but I don't know if that's still a thing after Bandai's buyout or if it gave him any special privileges. Only time I remember Lewis talking about it afterwards was him saying that due to being part of it, he has to wait for official DVDs to release before he can talk about the new seasons.
From what I hear from a very rudimentary search, Power Force was a poorly executed idea of Saban picking fan 'influencers' to promote the brand, give early DVD releases and Boom! comic books. Saban never capitalized on it and never mentioned it again after only about a year.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing people point out Linkara's hostility towards the Super Sentai show Power Rangers originated from, but could anyone clarify what his exact thoughts were, like what he said specifically about it? It's such a weird thing for him to be so up in arms about, like Power Rangers literally would not exist without Super Sentai.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I keep seeing people point out Linkara's hostility towards the Super Sentai show Power Rangers originated from, but could anyone clarify what his exact thoughts were, like what he said specifically about it? It's such a weird thing for him to be so up in arms about, like Power Rangers literally would not exist without Super Sentai.
He once tried to join a conversation some of his classmates were having about Super Sentai with "oh, you mean Power Rangers?".

As far as we can tell, the subsequent teasing and mocking of him was enough to make him uninterested.

• Informative
Reactions: Duncan Hills Coffee