TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

Harlan Wick

kiwifarms.net
Well, Lewis does fancy himself a guy who writes compelling characters...
He has Myopitus. It strikes authors of all stripes but usually targets genre authors and fan fic authors. It's symptoms include not being able to understand criticism can improve your work, inflated value as author, and being a terminally incurable cunt. For more examples of this disease see Vox Day's page on this site.

Last edited:

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
Henshaw was the result of going space crazy after his wife and crew died though.

And this. Lewis is a fucking idiot.

The Karl Kessel/Dan Jurgens Superman era is etched into my brain. Followed closely by the Chuck Dixon Batman years. This is why I find it so weird so many people take Lewis's hottakes seriously because I've seen him tote so many falsehoods or blatant misinterpretations.

Like his whole "Where's Superman?" bitching about No Man's Land. Superman actually showed up. People compared Lewis to Ben Shapiro in how he argues, but the truth is he argues more like desTiny.

Jetpack Himmler

Self-loathing Millennial
kiwifarms.net
Like his whole "Where's Superman?" bitching about No Man's Land. Superman actually showed up. People compared Lewis to Ben Shapiro in how he argues, but the truth is he argues more like desTiny.
That reminds me of the people asking, "Where's the Justice League?" during that story arc. The JLA was technically in Gotham as neither Batman or Huntress (who was a member at the time) resigned from the League and the other members actively prevented super villains from entering Gotham to take advantage of the anarchy.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Sure, if "Rob Leifeld and 90s muscles and uber violence" is social commentary.
It is to him. Just like his storylines weren't a parody 90s kid is a "representation if the dark times"
Linkara's big claim is that Mechakara is too serious because he's like the Cyborg Superman in that he's extremely evil and whatever else he wants to argue for.
But cyborg sups was teaming up with Mongul and Sinestro. There's a human in there with human flaws and human ideas.

MisterBee

kiwifarms.net
It is to him. Just like his storylines weren't a parody 90s kid is a "representation if the dark times"

But cyborg sups was teaming up with Mongul and Sinestro. There's a human in there with human flaws and human ideas.

I'm not going to pretend the 90's had the best era of comics, because there were problems. But the problems of today are bad...

When Dan Jurgens was writing Supes again in Rebirth a few years back, I was actually happy and excited. This shows how bad the current times are.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to pretend the 90's had the best era of comics, because there were problems. But the problems of today are bad...

When Dan Jurgens was writing Supes again in Rebirth a few years back, I was actually happy and excited. This shows how bad the current times are.
90's comics were definitely a case of style over substance and making things as toyetic as possible.

TheShortWaveCerealKiller

The Broner with a Boner
kiwifarms.net
He was pissed that Doug was making Mechakara a joke and apparently kept saying "Um, actually, Mechakara wouldn't say that". Originally Suburban Knights was supposed to have the villains from the different shows on the site team up and Lewis said no because he couldn't see Mechakara as a comedic character, but then later came around the next year, probably when he realized how little screen time Doug gave him in Suburban Knights.

The everyone laughing at Mechakara story I heard was from the At4W movie. Lewis wanted to get everyone's reaction to the reveal of Mechakara without Linkara's skin, seeing it as this big moment. When the door came up, everyone apparently burst out laughing because of how ridiculous it looked.
He really does think he's some amazing writer doesnt he? That is some CWC levels of delusion

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Mechakara would never team up with villains
>During the Boldly Flee he teamed up with villains
>During Linkara's own "stories" he teamed up with Vice
The Boldly Flee was after the time he said he wouldn't use Mechakara because he would kill the villains, so it's him walking back on his decision after it bit him in the ass [he probably wanted Mechakara to be the Big Bad Evil Guy or something]. I have no idea what the Vice thing was like, but aside from being a Linkara villain [and therefore fair], it would probably be one of those 'I claim to join you but I will betray you openly soon enough' things.

The point is that Lewis thinks that pretending he's a robot is very intimidating and has scared his fanbase of Tumblrtards, so it feeds into his self validation issues and justifies him making it one of the major villains.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, when was the last time Linkara actually did a storyline bit in his videos?
I wanna say..hmmm.....either last year or maaaybe back in 2018-2019...the last bit of his storyline that I recall involved him being in a DBZ styled tourney with warriors from different realities and each of them having their own method and arena of fighting.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
90's comics were definitely a case of style over substance and making things as toyetic as possible.
Not to mention the introduction of variant covers, hologram covers, foil covers, die-cut covers and so on. And let's not get into things like gold covers, platinum editions and bagged comics with extras in them.

The 90's is rightly considered a dark age for comics.

Daddy O'Shaughnessy

IDKFA
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone here read "Revolution of the Mask"? All i know is that it's basically a christian Watchmen fanfic with more rape. I looked for scans some years ago, but can't be assed to check again so I'd appreciate if someone could link me to a synopsis or review.

Also...
I wanna say..hmmm.....either last year or maaaybe back in 2018-2019...the last bit of his storyline that I recall involved him being in a DBZ styled tourney with warriors from different realities and each of them having their own method and arena of fighting.

Do i want to know how he filmed a tournament arc? NGL kinda bummed that he stopped the story bits, i stopped after his Silent Hill arc, where it turned out that his magical gun is powered by a dead girl and he ended up fighting MissingNo or some shit. Shit was wild.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Do i want to know how he filmed a tournament arc? NGL kinda bummed that he stopped the story bits, i stopped after his Silent Hill arc, where it turned out that his magical gun is powered by a dead girl and he ended up fighting MissingNo or some shit. Shit was wild.
Basically was he or his friends in different costumes, it was always filmed in Linkys living room, they would just add different props or just obvious green screen stuff.

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone here read "Revolution of the Mask"? All i know is that it's basically a christian Watchmen fanfic with more rape. I looked for scans some years ago, but can't be assed to check again so I'd appreciate if someone could link me to a synopsis or review.

Also...

I shared the PDF a while back
I don't know if anybody has posted it yet but I have revolution of the mask on pdf. so uh enjoy ?

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Variant covers, the beanie babies of comics.
It was during the comic speculation boom of the 90's. I think Marvel came out with the first hologram cover on some Spider-Man comic and it sold a lot of copies. So suddenly comics were a hot commodity and every publisher thought this was a great way to soak people for more money and sell more books.

And then the bottom fell out of the market and people lost interest much like beanie babies. It was a fad that is rightly seen as being a bad thing.

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
It was during the comic speculation boom of the 90's. I think Marvel came out with the first hologram cover on some Spider-Man comic and it sold a lot of copies. So suddenly comics were a hot commodity and every publisher thought this was a great way to soak people for more money and sell more books.

And then the bottom fell out of the market and people lost interest much like beanie babies. It was a fad that is rightly seen as being a bad thing.
Yeah, it was between the famous Todd McFarlane cover of Spiderman with its variant covers and a super rare Valiant Comic with their logo in foil (I think it was an issue of Turok). At least with the Valiant one, it was only around a couple hundred copies of the issue and was just randomly distributed and you couldn't order one specifically.

And now we have cinematic universes…that aren’t just passing fads.