TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

BoiDaBob

kiwifarms.net
Ironically the most sympathetic character on his show is the 90s kid. And that one is created to be dumb and repulsive and "everything wrong with the 90s "character
Wow. Reading that almost makes me want to be as 90s as possible in front of Linkara just to spite him if I ever meet him at a convention. And what's his gripe with 90s comics again? He acts like the 90s were a pretty shit time for comics, but like, there were actually some really damn good comics at that time.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With all the fat between the two, how can Gail tell Linkara was stalking her?
He literally searched for her posts whenever he was on a certain comics forum, and entered every thread she had recently posted in, trying to offer his 'two cents' that were little more than echoing whatever she said.

I know it's not really much compared to him whining that he didn't get to go out with cheerleader Stacy at a school trip or needing some woman to lull him to sleep when he was 20, but considering he was doing this because she's a woman? I'm willing to count that as stalking.

deeman

Seinor Geinus.
kiwifarms.net
They discussed things like Linkara's "Holier-Than-Thou" attitude. For example, one of them stated he was preached at by Linkara for drawing "beautiful women" or, get this, Linkara chimping out at them for daring to draw anything on a Sunday. Also, they were very surprised that Linkara did not go after Lindsey Ellis for The A-Word because of this previous behavior. Interestingly, they actually doubt the rumors of Linkara shoving comics up his butt.
Wonder how Spoony could hang around this dope. Or vice versa

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
And what's his gripe with 90s comics again? He acts like the 90s were a pretty shit time for comics, but like, there were actually some really damn good comics at that time.
He views it as the dark age of the comic book industry. He blames the speculator boom for creating a culture that cared solely about catering to collectors and cared almost nothing about the quality of the books that were being put out.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
He views it as the dark age of the comic book industry. He blames the speculator boom for creating a culture that cared solely about catering to collectors and cared almost nothing about the quality of the books that were being put out.
That's really weird since collectors care about the quality of the book. There are so many factors that make a comic book profitable.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
That's really weird since collectors care about the quality of the book. There are so many factors that make a comic book profitable.
The problem is you can't manufacture a collector's item. Old comic books that are worth a lot of money sell for high prices because they're rare - few copies even exist. This was not something the 90s collector boom understood.

How many copies of 90s "collector's items" can you find, unsold, in the bins at comic book stores? They're littered with them.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget to specifically mention Liefeld and Liefeld clones. That's what 90's Kid was parodying the most.

Personally, 90's Kid was actually a fun little character when I watched his show. The character just seemed like he was having fun enjoying his trashy comics.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
The problem is you can't manufacture a collector's item. Old comic books that are worth a lot of money sell for high prices because they're rare - few copies even exist. This was not something the 90s collector boom understood.

How many copies of 90s "collector's items" can you find, unsold, in the bins at comic book stores? They're littered with them.
There are quite a number of expensive '90s comics actually. Hell one I can remember went for $4000 or so at one time.

The thing is though with comics now though, you can expect a comic books crash soon where many of them wont be worth anything just like sports cards.

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget to specifically mention Liefeld and Liefeld clones. That's what 90's Kid was parodying the most.

Personally, 90's Kid was actually a fun little character when I watched his show. The character just seemed like he was having fun enjoying his trashy comics.
He also keeps coming back to the Clone Saga, which was the epitome of corporate-driven storytelling at the time with the interconnected nature of the Spider-Man books at Marvel and Superman at DC (I think Batman and X-Men fell prey to that too, but my memory is fuzzy.) To also touch on the collector's market, events like the Death of Superman and Knightfall played into that collectors mentality because the former was a HUGE publicity stunt for DC.

Also, keep in mind that Lewis' favorite comic of all time JLA/Titans: The Technis Imperative was released in 1998.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
And what's his gripe with 90s comics again?
Officially it's the speculator boom, which was a real problem. But if you stick around you'll notice that it's more about the art being exaggerated (boobs too big, muscles too thick) and "unrealistic", about tie-ins really taking off and him being salty as fuck over Clone Saga.

So basically, fat trash, once again, took his pathetic insecurities and cover them in the real issue so he could make you think he's insecurities are important. Never trust a guy who talks big, they always lie.

• Agree
Reactions: MidUSA

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
He also keeps coming back to the Clone Saga, which was the epitome of corporate-driven storytelling at the time with the interconnected nature of the Spider-Man books at Marvel and Superman at DC (I think Batman and X-Men fell prey to that too, but my memory is fuzzy.) To also touch on the collector's market, events like the Death of Superman and Knightfall played into that collectors mentality because the former was a HUGE publicity stunt for DC.

Also, keep in mind that Lewis' favorite comic of all time JLA/Titans: The Technis Imperative was released in 1998.
Funny thing was that DoS wasn't even intended to be a publicity stunt initially. They originally planned it because Superman comics sales were at an all time low, no one seemed that invested in the character anymore, and it just seemed like it would be a good time to retire the character. It's just that they happened to announce the event on a slow news day, so it unexpectedly got launched into the mainstream and DC rightly predicted that this would lead to massive sales and took advantage of this.

• Informative

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
I can attest to this. Almost three years ago I was in a comic book shop while touring a city. They had entire boxes of old comics lined up for people to look through and pick out something they liked.

To add to this, I ironically enough found a copy of the Death of Superman in one. It was still mint sealed in that black bag that the issue came in.

How much did I pay for it? Ten dollars.

Sharzod_the_Boov

Boy-Boy-Girl
kiwifarms.net
He must have been 5 in the 90’s. It’s been established that he’s a blowhard idiot with no reason to have an opinion about anything other than his own farts.

LaughingJoke

kiwifarms.net
Funny thing was that DoS wasn't even intended to be a publicity stunt initially. They originally planned it because Superman comics sales were at an all time low, no one seemed that invested in the character anymore, and it just seemed like it would be a good time to retire the character. It's just that they happened to announce the event on a slow news day, so it unexpectedly got launched into the mainstream and DC rightly predicted that this would lead to massive sales and took advantage of this.
They weren’t planning on retiring the character editorial didn't even come up with the idea they were actually planning on marrying him and Lois. The late 80’s and 90’s were when writers and artist started living away from NYC thanks to faxing and email so since there were 4 Superman books at the time they’d have a Superman conference once a year to plan out the year stories and make sure no one was stepping on anyone else’ toes story wise. Well they planned out a year leading up to the Wedding but a few weeks later they were told by DC and WB that a new show called Lois and Clark was in the works and it would concentrate on their relationship and eventual marriage and the comics could marry them at the same time but not before and this wedding on the TV show would be a few years away. So they had another conference and scrapped all their plans and out of frustration one of the writers joked let’s kill him and they were in a foul enough mood to all agree and it went from there.

• Informative

Odets

kiwifarms.net
He must have been 5 in the 90’s. It’s been established that he’s a blowhard idiot with no reason to have an opinion about anything other than his own farts.
I can attest to that. Sometimes I think about cataloguing all of his mistakes at least about the big two companies, but then I remember that I would actually have to watch his crap. And besides he doesn't do not obscure crap nowadays.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
He views it as the dark age of the comic book industry.
And yet there's absolutely no 2010s comic that comes even close to being as good as Alan Moore's Supreme, The MaXx, Preacher or Sandman. Even White Knight doesn't quite reach that level.

I know it's not really much compared to him whining that he didn't get to go out with cheerleader Stacy at a school trip...
Can I get the juicy tidbits on that? Apparently Google isn't my friend anymore.

• Agree

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
It's worth pointing out that he didn't even get into comics until the 2000's.
And the scary thing is he's viewed as a luminary by people who don't know any better.

Can I get the juicy tidbits on that? Apparently Google isn't my friend anymore.
@ShittyRecolor If I'm remembering right at the time he had a crush on her, there was a school trip that was going to some nerdy place that hot girls don't usually go on. Linkara thinking she'd think him a dork doesn't sign up to go. The day after signups are due the hot girl asks him if he's going on the trip and he proudly says he's not going on it. She then reveals that that's a shame because she's going on it and she was hoping he'd be there to show her around. Naturally he tries everything in his power to go on that trip but he finds out it's too late to turn in order forms and she doesn't have time in her schedule to go on a different day with him due to having a busy life.

I should also point out that in addition to those incidents there's another incident (that's mentioned in the Metokur video (Time stamp 11:50) that involves Linkara and his exploits with the Ladies. At his college he discovered that one of his classmates doesn't like him (for reasons we can only guess). Rather than do the normal thing and accept that not everyone is going to like you, Linkara goes to all her friends (including ones he's never fucking met before) and talks to them about why this girl doesn't like him. This gets the girl extremely weirded out as well as giving her a legitament reason not to talk to him. No one should be surprised that Linkara's Feminism was nothing more than an obvious front

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net
Sort of. The original plan WAS going to be a publicity stunt, but it was going to be the wedding of Lois and Clark....then the "Lois & Clark" tv show was on the horizon and DC decided that it would better to postpone the comic book wedding and do it around the same time the TV show got around to it. So someone (IIRC, it was Eddie Berganza, who is now persona non grata at DC for getting too grabby with the ladies on the staff) suggested to kill off Kal-El in lieu of the now-shelved wedding plans. And the rest was history.

EDIT: Ninja'd by @LaughingJoke

• Informative

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I'm remembering right at the time he had a crush on her, there was a school trip that was going to some nerdy place that hot girls don't usually go on. Linkara thinking she'd think him a dork doesn't sign up to go. The day after signups are due the hot girl asks him if he's going on the trip and he proudly says he's not going on it. She then reveals that that's a shame because she's going on it and she was hoping he'd be there to show her around. Naturally he tries everything in his power to go on that trip but he finds out it's too late to turn in order forms and she doesn't have time in her schedule to go on a different day with him due to having a busy life.
Close enough. What Ben says is that he and Linkara went to a convention at the same time as the girl I mentioned, and during the first night out, he decided to have a group outing elsewhere. Linkara didn't want to go with them, and he only found out that the pretty girl he was crushing on at the time was in the group AFTER it happened.

He was barely a part of the group and needed a 'motherly' woman in the room to make sure he could sleep, even though he was sharing a room w another dude. What a creepo.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino