TGWTG Linkara / Lewis Lovhaug - HMMMMMMM? (Dead Gay Muppet Gangbang)

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Now add to that the fact that comics is way more niche than movies and suddenly he's not just slightly bigger that MovieBob he's more influential than him and all the CA mockery doesn't matter if he's big enough in his niche. You'd be surprised how often people say they got into comics thanks to him and how often people repeat his bullshit now.

And yeah I fucked up calling him "evil" is wrong, but he is malicious towards something he says he likes. When he talks about a bad comic he doesn't just talk about it he almost always tries to paint everyone involved as bad people. Countdown is a mess, we all know that, but Link spends the first part of the video convincing people that every writer is terrible by emphasizing every bad story they did and downplaying the good. In One More Day review he goes on a tantrum about how writers hate their fans because they've included fat loser-Peter, even though that was a vision made by Mephisto.

He's doing shit like this on purpose and it wouldn't surprise me if he's really controlling and manipulative IRL
I mean, being malicious towards something you like isn't exactly uncommon in fandoms, least of all online ones. Hell, even a lot of the fans who actively purchase stuff end up being pretty malicious towards the comic. Look at all the people who were rage buying Hydra Cap or all the people who talk about how much they hate an event comic in the beginning because they are just stupid gimmick comics where nothing changes, but they then continue to buy all the issues and tie-ins and help make said events popular and high selling, which leads to more issues coming out.

Linkara is a gigantic sperg. I cannot possibly stress that enough. He might influence a few of his fans, but if we're being incredibly generous, and I mean very over the top generous, I'd say he at most influences a couple hundred potential comic buyers. Just taking a glance at his channel, his most popular video is well under 500k views, and if you sort by popularity, it's mostly power ranger stuff and very popular old comic storylines. Now, if we're being super generous again, the best thing someone like Linkara could do is maybe influence a few hundred people that don't normally read comics to pick up those older titles. But Linkara doesn't really review current comics. Linkara could spend the rest of his life preaching about how bad the Clone War saga is. It doesn't change the fact that storyline is over 20 years old. The writers and artists were paid for it a long time ago. Marvel's success does not depend on how well that comic sells. The only thing he is influencing is whether they make a few extra bucks from people buying old volumes. And even then, said interested parties might just buy the trades used off of Amazon or Ebay or any other second hand source as opposed to buying from the company directly.

He only has 112,000 and change subscribers. That's fine for the type of thing Linkara is trying to do, and it seems like he's gotten by alright doing this as a full time gig, minus recent tax troubles, but let's be real, even people who work traditional jobs have financial troubles sometimes. It happens. But in the grand scheme of actually influencing an industry, that's nothing, especially when you consider how many dead subs most YouTubers have.

I'll reiterate I'm in no way trying to defend Linkara. If anything, I'm trying to point out he's too much of an insignificant manchild to have any impact on anything whatsoever. And I do 100% agree with him being manipulative, I just don't think he actually succeeds at manipulating anyone to any serious degree. I have a feeling most of his fans are people who were never planning to purchase comics in the first place, or diehard comic fans who have been purchasing comics for years and will continue to do so even if it is just to hate-read something.

At the risk of veering too off topic from Linkara and getting spergy myself about comics, I think one of the biggest mistakes Marvel makes in regards to comics is overestimating how much outside factors influence comic sales. Look at Black Panther. The movie sold great, and it is a huge hit with the #woke audience. Marvel decided to launch what, 4 or 5 Black Panther related comics. Shuri had her own thing, there was the angry lesbian comic, pretty sure Killmonger got his own comic, then Panther's own title and I think there was another generic Wakanda title. I might be mistaken, but I think outside of Black Panther's titular comic, all the others were cancelled or are in the process of being cancelled. Same deal with a lot of Marvel's other attempts to cash in on the #woke crowd. The Marvel movies have been running for years. They are popular, hell, I might even go so far as to call them iconic. Despite that, comic sales for Marvel haven't skyrocketed because people being interested in comic properties doesn't mean they are going to buy comics. If a gigantic movie franchise that has been running since the mid 00's isn't having a significant influence on the comic industry, a chubby YouTuber trying to fit into a green ranger costume waving around cheap plastic toys pretending to fight Silent Hill monsters on his spaceship isn't going to have anything resembling a significant influence on anything at all.

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
Are there sources for this? I heard a lot about Linkara being nasty towards Liz, but they never pony up any actual evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Linkara. I'm just saying that I've never seen any reliable sources about it.
I don't think there's any direct evidence. However, the timeline of everything does sort of match-up:
  • They reportedly break up sometime in late 2011
  • During a now lost vlog the two did together sometime in 2012, it's mentioned that Iron Liz had some sort of surgery done earlier that year
  • By late 2014, she's already had to have made the transition as she comes out as transgender on LordKats podcast
Not exactly a home run, but the structure is in place for it to be true.

In Heaven

In Heaven, everything is fine...
kiwifarms.net
I don't think there's any direct evidence. However, the timeline of everything does sort of match-up:
  • They reportedly break up sometime in late 2011
  • During a now lost vlog the two did together sometime in 2012, it's mentioned that Iron Liz had some sort of surgery done earlier that year
  • By late 2014, she's already had to have made the transition as she comes out as transgender on LordKats podcast
Not exactly a home run, but the structure is in place for it to be true.
Fair enough. Still, based on what Liz has said in several livestreams, I don't think the abuse rumors hold up. I can buy him not wanting her to get surgery or being lowkey manipulative, yeah, but not to the extent the rumors made it out to be.

GeneralMint

Wintergreen is threat to Best Korea
kiwifarms.net
Fair enough. Still, based on what Liz has said in several livestreams, I don't think the abuse rumors hold up. I can buy him not wanting her to get surgery or being lowkey manipulative, yeah, but not to the extent the rumors made it out to be.
She always hints that he's fucked up and weird but I don't think I've heard her make an actual allegation of physical abuse, or even an alusion to it, that I remember.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Hell, even a lot of the fans who actively purchase stuff end up being pretty malicious towards the comic. Look at all the people who were rage buying Hydra Cap or all the people who talk about how much they hate an event comic
You know the difference between those and Link? They can change their mind. The guy who wrote the Nazi Cap twist is now the savior of Spider-man. Linkara, meanwhile claimed, that Frank Miller's apology isn't good enough and he still hates Rob Liefeld because he was allegedly a dick to his fans on social media. THAT'S the type of shit I'm talking about. He's way more vile than your average butthurt fan.
Linkara could do is maybe influence a few hundred people that don't normally read comics to pick up those older titles.
For starters we're talking about a guy from an early Youtube. How many people were talking about comics back then, 5-10? This one was attached to a very popular movie guy at the time. And what does the number of his current followers says about anything influence? How many e famous people affected trends before falling into obscurity? We can't even get the real numbers at the height of his popularity since Blip is dead and he purged all the old reuploads on YT for extra an coin coming his way.

The point is his opinions are repeated in one way or another in many conversations, in places where normies come for advice and introduction and this guy shouldn't be anyone's introduction.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pixy Misa

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Linkara is a literal manchild who somehow gets paid money to play with children's toys and self insert himself as a Gary stu into power ranger esque plots. I'll give you he is incredibly hypocritical, as most self-identifying male feminists are, but I think the dude is pretty harmless overall and is far too inept to be considered evil.
It's sad how Linkara also misses the fact that, of all the comics he criticizes, none have gone as low to have self insert Mary Sues as his stories do.

Say, Frank Miller's All-Star Batman might be bad, but at least it had enough self-awareness to know Batman was being a dick on purpose, and the other heroes reacted accordingly. Hydra Captain America was an obvious gimmick from the start, and it's a pretty standard comic otherwise.

Meanwhile, Linkara's self-inserts are always incredibly dull perfect boy scouts that everyone adores and can do no wrong. He misses the fact that even well-written boy scout characters aren't perfect. That was the entire point of Captain America: Civil War. Even if you agreed with him, he lied by omission.

Point is, professionals, make mistakes. But writing Mary Sue self-inserts as he does? That's another level of low that even fanfic writers would frown upon. Those "bad comics" he criticizes or even burns are in general made with the intent to entertain others, meanwhile, Linkara just writes power fantasies that only exist for himself.

Last edited:

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I mean, being malicious towards something you like isn't exactly uncommon in fandoms, least of all online ones. Hell, even a lot of the fans who actively purchase stuff end up being pretty malicious towards the comic. Look at all the people who were rage buying Hydra Cap or all the people who talk about how much they hate an event comic in the beginning because they are just stupid gimmick comics where nothing changes, but they then continue to buy all the issues and tie-ins and help make said events popular and high selling, which leads to more issues coming out.

Linkara is a gigantic sperg. I cannot possibly stress that enough. He might influence a few of his fans, but if we're being incredibly generous, and I mean very over the top generous, I'd say he at most influences a couple hundred potential comic buyers. Just taking a glance at his channel, his most popular video is well under 500k views, and if you sort by popularity, it's mostly power ranger stuff and very popular old comic storylines. Now, if we're being super generous again, the best thing someone like Linkara could do is maybe influence a few hundred people that don't normally read comics to pick up those older titles. But Linkara doesn't really review current comics. Linkara could spend the rest of his life preaching about how bad the Clone War saga is. It doesn't change the fact that storyline is over 20 years old. The writers and artists were paid for it a long time ago. Marvel's success does not depend on how well that comic sells. The only thing he is influencing is whether they make a few extra bucks from people buying old volumes. And even then, said interested parties might just buy the trades used off of Amazon or Ebay or any other second hand source as opposed to buying from the company directly.

He only has 112,000 and change subscribers. That's fine for the type of thing Linkara is trying to do, and it seems like he's gotten by alright doing this as a full time gig, minus recent tax troubles, but let's be real, even people who work traditional jobs have financial troubles sometimes. It happens. But in the grand scheme of actually influencing an industry, that's nothing, especially when you consider how many dead subs most YouTubers have.

I'll reiterate I'm in no way trying to defend Linkara. If anything, I'm trying to point out he's too much of an insignificant manchild to have any impact on anything whatsoever. And I do 100% agree with him being manipulative, I just don't think he actually succeeds at manipulating anyone to any serious degree. I have a feeling most of his fans are people who were never planning to purchase comics in the first place, or diehard comic fans who have been purchasing comics for years and will continue to do so even if it is just to hate-read something.

At the risk of veering too off topic from Linkara and getting spergy myself about comics, I think one of the biggest mistakes Marvel makes in regards to comics is overestimating how much outside factors influence comic sales. Look at Black Panther. The movie sold great, and it is a huge hit with the #woke audience. Marvel decided to launch what, 4 or 5 Black Panther related comics. Shuri had her own thing, there was the angry lesbian comic, pretty sure Killmonger got his own comic, then Panther's own title and I think there was another generic Wakanda title. I might be mistaken, but I think outside of Black Panther's titular comic, all the others were cancelled or are in the process of being cancelled. Same deal with a lot of Marvel's other attempts to cash in on the #woke crowd. The Marvel movies have been running for years. They are popular, hell, I might even go so far as to call them iconic. Despite that, comic sales for Marvel haven't skyrocketed because people being interested in comic properties doesn't mean they are going to buy comics. If a gigantic movie franchise that has been running since the mid 00's isn't having a significant influence on the comic industry, a chubby YouTuber trying to fit into a green ranger costume waving around cheap plastic toys pretending to fight Silent Hill monsters on his spaceship isn't going to have anything resembling a significant influence on anything at all.
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of Linky's audience wouldn't even regularly buy or read comics, they just want to know about what comics are hip to shit on so they can pretend being the well read, critical nerd online or between friends. Kinda like how woke types like to pretend gush over the current comic book with an LGBTQPOC lead they saw an article about on their preferred geek culture website, only to completely forget about said stunning and brave series by issue #02.

Last edited:

BoiDaBob

kiwifarms.net
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of Linky's audience wouldn't even regularly buy or read comics, they just want to know about what comics are hip to shit on so they can pretend being the well read, critical nerd online or between friends. Kinda like how woke types like to pretend gush over the current comic book with an LGBTQPOC lead they've saw an article about on their preferred geek culture website, only to completely forget about said stunning and brave series by issue #02.
Oh, that's definitely true. As someone who was a TGWTG fan starting from 2011, I can definitively say Linkara's AT4W audience doesn't read comics. Or at least were dumb to begin with. Can't comment on the History Of Power Rangers audience though but the few I knew who watched them were Power Rangers fans. They just weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Oh, that's definitely true. As someone who was a TGWTG fan starting from 2011, I can definitively say Linkara's AT4W audience doesn't read comics. Or at least were dumb to begin with. Can't comment on the History Of Power Rangers audience though but the few I knew who watched them were Power Rangers fans. They just weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
It probably also helped MMPR that it was more accessable for kids back in the day due to it being a formulaic, kid's show that was easy to digest and a lot more easier to access as opposed to comic books you have to buy yourself (no offence to PR fans, I used to love it as a kid too). I'm sure most of them mainly know Marvel characters thanks to the animated series.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino