Linus Media Group Thread - Linus Sebastian and his incompetent staff

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Polarity

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're making 40,000! (39.7k on the site, guessing the missing 300 is due to sampling and the popup shop)

I missed the beginning of this sadly.
They're right on time for the school year starting. I guess that's the target market?

50$ shipping to bongland sounds more than fair. The backpack will be boxy, heavy, and I'm sure they're paying extra for insurance. If you're dumb enough to import a luxury children's YouTube channel backpack though, dunno, you kinda deserve to be paying 300. Do they add some VAT on top of that? What's it come out to in Europe, 350$ or so?

Years from now we'll see civil war videos in Central African Republic with warlords decked out in Linus's best.

Pee Cola

it's a real drink
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I've been scraping the backpack inventory counter since my post bitching about shipping costs yesterday.
View attachment 3567403
It's sampled every ~60 seconds, the first sample was taken Thu Aug 04 2022 08:29:54 UTC and latest was Fri Aug 05 2022 20:30:22 UTC. I've attached the CSV (epochs are UTC) and I'll keep on capturing data for as long as I can.
TIL Linus has as least 17,000 simps who will consoom on command.

(assuming I haven't fucked up my math... he started with 40k backpacks and as at the time the graph screenshot was taken, 23k were in stock)

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
They're right on time for the school year starting. I guess that's the target market?

50$ shipping to bongland sounds more than fair. The backpack will be boxy, heavy, and I'm sure they're paying extra for insurance. If you're dumb enough to import a luxury children's YouTube channel backpack though, dunno, you kinda deserve to be paying 300. Do they add some VAT on top of that? What's it come out to in Europe, 350$ or so?

Years from now we'll see civil war videos in Central African Republic with warlords decked out in Linus's best.
It's VAT and customs fees in my experience(not shopping from linus, but bought plenty from canada and the US). Things might have been more streamlined where they now pre-charge the tax/customs fee at checkout and the customer gets any remainder back.

Flaming Dumpster

kiwifarms.net
The backpack will be boxy, heavy, and I'm sure they're paying extra for insurance.
It really should squish down to something that could even fit in a large satchel and its empty weight is 1.6 kg (according to the LTT store).

I know shipping in the Current Year is a disaster but those delivery times are so dogshit too.
Do they add some VAT on top of that?
Yep, all taxes and import duties are added during checkout.

e.g. for Australia
1659780881709.png

batigol

kiwifarms.net
Nobody stole it, that's just the clickbait title they used to obfuscate their own colossal fuck-up of only sending an out-of-date prototype screwdriver to their supplier instead of the engineering drawings. Thus the Chinesium supplier had to reverse engineer their janky prototype (at the same time removing the jank for them).

Flaming Dumpster

kiwifarms.net

Autism Speaks

kiwifarms.net
Recently, Linus got attacked by the Queen Twitch Thot: Pokimane (who has her own thread here).
Pokimane made a stupid tweet about on how to improve advertising on Twitch (replace all in video ads with banner ads so that her viewers don't get interrupted) and Linus (correctly, IMO) called her on Twitter for it being a stupid and unprofitable idea. Pokimane did not notice his Tweet.
View attachment 3273172
Linus later talked about this interaction on his podcast:
Pokimane found out about this and got really pissed off, particularly because Linus didn't mention her name and used a mocking voice when recounting her argument. She posted these iPhone Notes app screenshots in response to the above tweet:
View attachment 3273174View attachment 3273175
which sicced her army of simps onto Linus.
Now at this point, you're probably wondering why this post is in the Linus thread, as Pokimane is acting far more lolcowish than he is. I'm posting it here because after that boomer blogpost, Linus wrote a groveling nine tweet apology to her, deleted his original tweet, asked to partner with her, and promised to never clip that part of his stream.
View attachment 3273181
Linus' reply
And she graciously accepted his show of fealty:
View attachment 3273184
Source (Archive of tweet thread)
Lord have mercy. Chained to an ugly gook wife in the home and obliged to capitulate to a slightly less ugly gook on Twitter. Isn't the entire point of making money beyond a living wage so you can swing your cock around? It amazes me that millionaires like Linus allow themselves to be collared, leashed, and dragged through the mud by dumb thots. Look in the mirror. You've made enough. You can do what you want. Fuck the optics, nuke your life and start shagging some college girls. At least then your dick might start working again. Have some self-respect.

The Great Milenko

NSA Agent
kiwifarms.net
Nobody stole it, that's just the clickbait title they used to obfuscate their own colossal fuck-up of only sending an out-of-date prototype screwdriver to their supplier instead of the engineering drawings. Thus the Chinesium supplier had to reverse engineer their janky prototype (at the same time removing the jank for them).

"I sent my high quality, best in class screw driver to the Chinese to manufacture!"

If you send docs, even under an NDA to China, it always falls off the truck in the back alley.

What a Canadian cuck.

mandatorylurk

kiwifarms.net

A less stupid wan show, but two things stood out:

1:21:40 is Linus trying to explain the shipping charges to europe. I know they're probably shipping it wrong in terms of packaging but that's what you get with the LTT employees in their d-brand wrapped wagey cagey. It's all a circular firing squad as far I care to pay attention, it's expensive because Canada's a taxed shithole and europe's a taxed shithole, and having a "branch" in europe to avoid fees isn't feasible. At the same time it's laughable that a $250 backpack becomes almost $400 if you want to ship to anywhere but the US (and the US shipping rates subsidize, to an extent, shipping worldwide).

2:10:30 Linus takes a question about vtubers to make it about his ego and how he's getting old and basically how old people can't youtube, acting like this is Logan's Run. He tries to connect this to Ryan's Toy Reviews but is under the impression the audience doesn't age with the youtuber. JayzTwoCents is older than Linus, Electroboom, everyone at Red Letter Media, they're still fine as they get older. Linus also seems to believe people won't watch older guys do stuff every day, as though people watch his channel now because of him and not because his company is so big and able to get all this stuff to review via the channel's leverage. It also seems to be and feel like common knowledge 40 really is the new 30, there's not this hard line like there was in life 30 years ago.

TheRaptorJesus

kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand why he needs so many employees to make these shitty youtube videos. I also don't understand why he needs such expensive equipment. Sure, most of it is probably provided to them for free; but I don't see why you'd want to use red cameras and shit when you use youtube as your video distributor.

Flaming Dumpster

kiwifarms.net
Anthony has to be close to 40. There's no way he's younger than like, 37. He looks like shit.
I couldn't find anything obvious on his Twitter (no "hooray I'm 40 and still fat as shit!" posts or anything), but here's a clue:
1659912167145.png
(source)
If we assume he hasn't had his birthday yet and was 18 at the time, he'd be 33. I started mentally comparing his grotesque body to Ethan Ralph and now I'm wondering if he has a bifurcated gunt too.

Also I found some weight loss crap while searching his tranny dick sucking timeilne:
1659912817519.png
(source) Past performance is not an indicator of future results. 10 lbs on a man as big as him is impossible to attribute to any one thing and basically meaningless.
1659912905805.png
(source) "visibly shrinking"? What a joke. Dude acts as though the VR game is going to make him an athlete. He'd have consistent week-after-week weight loss if he just put down the damn fork for once.
1659913137813.png
(source)
Pro tip for those losing weight for real: You can use a soldering iron to easily make new holes in a pinch. I cranked mine up to the highest temp, used a chisel tip and would press hard while twisting. It works better than a screwdriver as you won't have any crap leftover in the hole.

Anthony, put down the fucking pizza and start dieting. You cannot lose weight by playing VR games. Just stop eating so goddamned much!