Live-Action Nightmare Before Christmas Reportedly Considered

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Oh wow. I’ll take “Things Nobody Actually Asked For or Wanted” for $1000...

I hate the current movie-making mentality of pulling 20-30 year old material and either re-making it for a quick buck. There’s no soul in the art anymore and no one can be bothered to come up with a good idea. The characters and stories aren’t new, but they’ll be recast and rewritten so hard they’ll become different characters with the same name and everyone insisting that this version is “better.” The stories will be the same scripts, but tweaked needlessly at points for progressive brownie points.

Some remakes, sequels, and reboots are better than others (the recent Planet of the Apes trilogy, Dredd remake, and Mad Max: Fury Road as examples), but for the most part, I am with you.

I am sick and tired of the constant cashing in on brands and nostalgia with seemingly no interest in originality or coming up with something new. And their idea of coming up with something new is gender flipping or scoring some kind of social brownie points to shame people into liking it.

Where are the attempts at creating a new cinematic brand or a new big idea to be the big blockbuster?

The good news is that horror has kind of made a comeback as we seem to have move past the found footage craze and I'm seeing more original ideas in horror again.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only (understandable?) thing I can think about when it comes to why they want this is that they want that sweet Japanese yen profit really badly because NBC is popular in Japan, and one such factor in that popularity may be because the Japanese Phantom of the Opera dubbed Jack Skellington (though maybe it's the goff style in general). And the Japs fucking love their Phantom of the Opera.

But Masachika Ichimura is getting up there in age, and his generation have been dropping like flies as of late. So...

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are they planning on bringing back John Coffey aka The Human Skeleton?

detail_coffey.png

Otis Boi

SpOOKY Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
I read an interview from Tim Burton awhile back saying he explicitly tried to stop Disney at every turn because he didn't want 'Jack Skellington going to Thanksgivingland or whatever'.

If I remember correctly I think he owns partial rights to the move allowing him to block such stuff. I think it was part of a deal when he sold his animation studio to Disney.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only reason this trend is still around is because people are suckers for nostalgia. Why make something new or interesting when you can make a copy of the same work in a different format and “woke” changes?
You also forgot retards who think animation is just for kids like the morons voting at the oscars.

From The Uncanny Valley

a migraine nightmare come to life.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only (understandable?) thing I can think about when it comes to why they want this is that they want that sweet Japanese yen profit really badly because NBC is popular in Japan, and one such factor in that popularity may be because the Japanese Phantom of the Opera dubbed Jack Skellington (though maybe it's the goff style in general). And the Japs fucking love their Phantom of the Opera.

But Masachika Ichimura is getting up there in age, and his generation have been dropping like flies as of late. So...

Plus Japan is possibly even more autistic about Disney than the US us.