Live-Action Nightmare Before Christmas Reportedly Considered

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling that Dumbo will underperform. Literally nobody is talking about it.

And if the trailers for Aladdin are accurate to what we should expect from the final movie, I have a feeling it has the potential to bomb. Even the biggest normies and Disney shills can't fake excitement over the reveal of Will Smith as the Genie. The reaction has been pretty much 100% negative. I hated the Beauty & The Beast remake, but I understand why it made so much goddamn money: The trailers and ad campaigns did their jobs perfectly to get people excited. This movie? Looks horrendous from the get-go.

And for those who think I'm being too optimistic: Disney has their eyes set on the prize with The Lion King remake and Frozen 2. Those movies are going to make a shitton of money regardless of quality-- guaranteed. So Disney is going to keep being encouraged to make remakes and sequels.

Of course Disney is going to remake The Nightmare Before Christmas. The fact that they had the balls to attempt a Mary Poppins soft reboot is proof that there are no lows Disney won't sink to in order to make a quick buck. Thankfully Mary Poppins Returns didn't make nearly as much money as they had hoped; I don't think we have to worry about sequels being made with it.

What's funny about these remakes is that while most of them have broken box office records and made billions ... People forget about their existence almost immediately. Like, there's not even a backlash phase with these remakes. People get excited, help the movie gross over a billion dollars, and then completely forget about it almost immediately and go right back to watching the classics.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling that Dumbo will underperform. Literally nobody is talking about it.
Dumbo in animation is cute. The CGI monstrosity looks like it should be used in Edison’s AC voltage demonstration. Notice how little they’ve shown the titular character, compared to the humans who I expect to be the actual main characters of the movie.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Oh my god fuck off Disney.

Also I see the articles once again shaft Henry Sellick, the actual director.

Henry Sellick doesn't get nearly enough credit for the success of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

He directed one of my FAVORITE animated movies in recent years: Coraline. That movie is so delightfully creepy; definitely creepier than The Nightmare Before Christmas.

From The Uncanny Valley

close to the edit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

And if the trailers for Aladdin are accurate to what we should expect from the final movie, I have a feeling it has the potential to bomb. Even the biggest normies and Disney shills can't fake excitement over the reveal of Will Smith as the Genie. The reaction has been pretty much 100% negative. I hated the Beauty & The Beast remake, but I understand why it made so much goddamn money: The trailers and ad campaigns did their jobs perfectly to get people excited. This movie? Looks horrendous from the get-go.

And for those who think I'm being too optimistic: Disney has their eyes set on the prize with The Lion King remake and Frozen 2. Those movies are going to make a shitton of money regardless of quality-- guaranteed. So Disney is going to keep being encouraged to make remakes and sequels.

Of course Disney is going to remake The Nightmare Before Christmas. The fact that they had the balls to attempt a Mary Poppins soft reboot is proof that there are no lows Disney won't sink to in order to make a quick buck. Thankfully Mary Poppins Returns didn't make nearly as much money as they had hoped; I don't think we have to worry about sequels being made with it.

What's funny about these remakes is that while most of them have broken box office records and made billions ... People forget about their existence almost immediately. Like, there's not even a backlash phase with these remakes. People get excited, help the movie gross over a billion dollars, and then completely forget about it almost immediately and go right back to watching the classics.

The only reason BATW did well was because it was released during a pretty awful season for movies