Log Horizon - The Political Economy of MMO Players

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
One of the undisputed godkings of isekai anime finally got its third season. Let's talk about it.

(Personally, I'm pretty angry that Funimation picked it up because their player is shit.)

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
>Log
logs.png

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
did the author got released yet?
last I checked the lastest volume is still volume 11 so I don't imagine there's much material to work with
I don't think he actually went to jail since he admitted to the charges and came to an agreement with the authorities to pay his back taxes.

As far as I know, the current season is adapting material from the web novels of which there are two more completed volumes and one volume in progress.

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
The strongest parts of the show are seeing the adults "just as keikaku" against each other, the weakest parts are the junior members getting angsty over every single hardship.

William's speech in the second season is pretty much the anthem of all original gamers worldwide and is totally badass.

Third season seems to be the twilight of the series, so we'll see how Shiroe manages to glasses-fu his way into achieving his goals.

First season is masterpiece/10, would watch Shiroe being E;R again.

Second season is angsty kids and speds/10, would rather forget about it. New waifus aren't enough to save it.

2021Murder

SEVP of Outreach for Trovo.live
It's an extremely autistic show about building an economy and society in a world that functions on MMORPG rules.

Breddy gud 9/10.
so runescape but on purpose? also don't MMORPGs already work on cooperation in the east too? and loot drops from lowl evel enemies would make it extremely easy to have a pretty good life. and they're all obsessed players anyway so wouldn't it be relatively easy to have a good life overall?

Unless this is a demon souls level MMO it shouldn't be that good of a story. also what separates this from SAO or .hack?

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
Second season is angsty kids and speds/10, would rather forget about it. New waifus aren't enough to save it.
Pretty much, though there were still a good number of memorable scenes to save face like Roe 2 at full power, Nyanta vs Londark/BDSM murder lady/Kazuhiko, Demikas getting an ara ara-type wife, and both of the raids Shiroe went on. But undoubtedly the Christmas raid, the stupid kids' roadtrip, and the sheer amount of dumb comic relief outweighed all of this.
so runescape but on purpose? also don't MMORPGs already work on cooperation in the east too? and loot drops from lowl evel enemies would make it extremely easy to have a pretty good life. and they're all obsessed players anyway so wouldn't it be relatively easy to have a good life overall?

Unless this is a demon souls level MMO it shouldn't be that good of a story. also what separates this from SAO or .hack?
It takes an extremely meta view of people being isekai'd into a MMO and while the immediate concerns of governing a bunch of immortal demigods (players) against confused mortals (NPCs) overshadowed much of this discussion in the first season, in the second season the show delves fully into it with a number of disturbing aspects being revealed about the isekai'ing process and the possibility the whole thing is a giant alien invasion but even the aliens don't fully understand what's going on.

Høppean Weeb

macOS is better than windows
the new season started off strong in my opinion. I really liked how there was already a crisis from the very beginning of the episode. Also it's interesting to see just how fragile everything is when only one important character is gone. I missed this show so its cool that its back