Logan Paul, top YouTuber, showcases Suicide Forest corpse - and is now perpetually fucking up - Like and subscribe if you think suicide is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Video has been pulled less than five minutes ago, but I did find an article detailing the video.

Full video archive of the video courtesy of @KillYourself, ironically. Word of warning, there is an actual dead body hanging from a tree in this video.

[video]Logan Paul/Logan Paul records suicide hanging corpse in the woods.mp4[/video]
F74B3DFB-F233-4E5C-9E79-21F8CD392713.jpeg
Logan Paul Posts Footage of Suicide Victim on YouTube
Jake Swearingen@JakeSwearingenJanuary 1, 2018 9:02 pm
FA6A9587-7840-4EF5-A249-D0961313B024.png

A scene from Logan Paul’s video. Photo: Logan Paul Vlogs/YouTube
Over the weekend, the YouTube star Logan Paul (older brother of Jake Paul) visited Aokigahara, a forest on the slopes of Mt. Fuji in Japan also known as the “suicide forest” for its status as a site of hundreds of suicides. While there, Paul filmed the body of a person who had hanged himself from a tree, and then posted the footage to YouTube with the title “We found a dead body in the Japanese Suicide Forest…” (Note: the video contains footage of a dead body.)

“This is not clickbait. This is the most real vlog I’ve ever posted to this channel,” Paul says in an intro to the video. “I think this definitely marks a moment in YouTube history because I’m pretty sure this has never hopefully happened to anyone on YouTube ever,” he continues as minor key piano music plays. “Now with that said: buckle the fuck up, because you’re never gonna see a video like this again!”

The 15 minute video is largely indistinguishable from the rest of Paul’s YouTube uploads, and was intended to be Part Three of his “Tokyo Adventures.” He makes joke about Mt. Fuji not being where Fiji water comes from. He mugs for the camera. He wears some funny hats.

And then he and his entourage discover a body hanging in the Aokigahara. “Yo, are you alive?” calls out Paul. “Are you fucking with us?”

After Paul realizes that he is filming a dead body, he turns the camera back on himself. “So, a lot of things are going through my mind. This is a first for me.” Paul (or one of the other members of his entourage) then films the body from a few feet away. “His hands are purple. He did this this morning,” says Paul.

Paul then turns the camera back on himself. “Oh no, I’m so sorry, Logang,” says Paul. (Logang is what Paul calls his community of fans.) “This was supposed to be a fun vlog.”

“Suicide is not a joke,” continues Paul. “Depression and mental illness are not a joke. We came here with an intent to focus on the ‘haunted’ aspect of the forest. This obviously just became very real, and obviously a lotta people are going through a lotta shit in their lives.”

Other members of Paul’s entourage, such as Andy Altig, have also posted their own versions of the visit to Aokigahara, titled “WE FOUND A DEAD BODY!!! **emotional**”(Again, this video contains footage of a person who recently committed suicide.)

Paul takes pains to say he isn’t monetizing this video, and the YouTube description contains information for the American Society for Suicide Prevention. That said, the video has already hit 6.3 million views within 24 hours of being uploaded.

Reaction on Twitter has been swift:
A458B112-78D9-44BF-8AB1-6EA2EE825505.jpeg
CCF778EB-F154-40D8-9CB7-5D063B812F2A.jpeg

Paul, meanwhile, has already moved on and is teasing his next YouTube video:

282165EA-7B1D-480C-892E-3AC2BB886422.jpeg
Logan Paul’s “apology”:
Cross post from Jake Paul thread, Logan Paul apologized on his twitter:
View attachment 347104
View attachment 347106
EDIT: Archive in case he deletes it, http://archive.md/pddLc
EDIT: Apology video

Last edited:

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"Suicide is not to be taken lightly REEEEE"

Okay I hate to defend this guy as him and his brother are obnoxious speds but the people shrieking on twitter are basically repeating exactly the stuff he said in the video but using it as a way to A-Log some youtube celebrity that they don't even actually disagree with.

This is retarded.

ForgottenAcct

kiwifarms.net

Okay I hate to defend this guy as him and his brother are obnoxious speds but the people shrieking on twitter are basically repeating exactly the stuff he said in the video but using it as a way to A-Log some youtube celebrity that they don't even actually disagree with.

This is exceptional.
I think it's about consistency, really.
If you don't want to take suicide seriously, you don't have to. If you do want to take it seriously, you don't do it for dude clickbait lmao.
Just be real either way. If they posted the video and were just total assholes, they probably would've gotten less shit than posting the video with that veneer of awareness that is undermined by the fact the video was made in the first place.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is exceptional.
I think the issue is more that Paul said all this while filming and zooming in on a dead hanging body and then decided to post said video.

K

KM 749

kiwifarms.net

This is exceptional.
Once the vlog mentality kicks in, so does the Twitter mob mentality.
asdvdvsvdsdv.png
erwgwgererg.png
asdvvdsavsdv.png
asdvvdsadv.png
vasdvdsvda.png

The combination of moral flag-waving and Youtuber A-logging going on could easily merit a Salt Mine thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeeb-Renzo

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, thank you. I thought so. That's the only thing that bugged me about it. I love how Twitter is losing it over the suicide thing but ignores the whole thing about them disrespecting something that Japan takes very seriously.
People are bringing it up too, at least the ones that are disgusted in general and not just REEEEEEing about it.
F9EE25BC-1AE0-49E4-9D96-21FF89345FE9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None