Lolcowery/Drama brewing in r/MBTI - personality testing thread goes somewhat nuts

wes

kiwifarms.net
That's what I was going to fucking post

I know every single tumblerina and twitter user posts their MBTI on their descriptions, but, how the fuck do you make a community out of this?
People take MBTI very seriously. I have seen some people make assumptions over these shit Facebook quiz labels

The biggest spergs out of the group are INFJs, who think they're all supergeniuses. They have an entire forum dedicated to the INFJ lifestyle. Here, these superior beings talk about not understanding why they constantly get friendzoned:
093.jpeg

Or how their MBTI type correlates with their immune system:
9.jpeg

And "Does being an INFJ correlate with autism?":
22.jpeg

Jack Haywood

Interested in psychology, games and adventure
kiwifarms.net
Whats an INFJ?
Dictonomy-wise, an INFJ is (behaviourally) introverted, attuned to the abstract side of things, relies mainly on feeling to make decisions and values structure over spontaneity.
Function-wise, the INFJ's N function (abstract perception) is dominant and therefore the most easy to use, while the S function (concrete perception) is inferior/repressed and therefore completely impossible to use. The N function is introverted (Ni - Introverted Intuition) and therefore subjectively creates its own abstract perceptions by taking in all the info about what a thing is theoretically associated with and producing a singular comprehensive theoretical association out of all the objective theoretical associations, while the S function is extroverted (Se - Extroverted Sensation) and takes in info about objective concrete aspects of things to the maximum extent possible and makes the most of them to gain a very immediate perception of reality as it exists in the current moment. The INFJ is incapable of doing any of these things due to Se being inferior and is therefore completely ignorant of objective reality, preferring personal theoretical visions. Note that this is without going into the F and T functions, but I don't want to sperg about this any more than necessary, since I've already stated the bare basics of what you need to know about the MBTI type INFJ (and INTJ as well) and how the MBTI system goes about describing its own types.

• Autistic
Reactions: Mini-Sentry

wes

kiwifarms.net
MBTI is, as others have said, pseudo-science that claims to sort you into a label (or a set of labels, in this case) that can tell you abstract things about yourself, like you'd be best at a job involving interacting with people, if you'd be a good leader, are naturally artistic, etc. It's more of a glorified Tiger Beat quiz than horoscopes, but people treat their MBTI like they would a zodiac sign. MBTI then becomes something that people start to base their lives around and use as a barometer for compatibility with others, like certain zodiac signs have affinity for others (supposedly)

Taking the test has your answers plotted on 4 different spectrums that are essentially dichotomous, and when you're finished, you get four letters correlating to where you landed on each spectrum.

The first set is introverted (I) vs. extroverted (E), the second is sensing (S) vs. intuition (N), the third is thinking (T) vs. feeling (F), and the fourth is judging (J) vs. perceiving (P). There are 16 possible outcomes from this, and some people take this shit way too far, despite it being just as much as an insight into your person as the "What kind of person are you in the bedroom?" quiz in a Cosmopolitan magazine. So a person who scored a 75% on introvert (0%) vs. extrovert (100%) would be assigned an "E".

Thus an "INFJ" is someone who scored majority Introverted, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging. I tried my best to give the basics of the whole thing, but this page goes into more detail without drowning you in word salad.

What's more important are the results. From the same website, here's the profile of what a common INFJ person would be like. It's just like reading a horoscope, with phrases like "self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills", "INFJs are generally well-suited to the 'inspirational' professions", and "INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden".

So a random sperg who gets INFJ as his result will start taking ideas like that as gospel and suddenly sees himself as this beacon of justice, even though he's never done anything heroic in his life.

Snuckening

kiwifarms.net
This "IFPJ" (or whatever) crap is obnoxious as all fuck- It's like the navel-gazing bullshit of star signs, plus the self importance and responsibility-ducking of self-diagnosed psych issues, dressed up with needless jargon and insider terminology.

Also it's a huge autism-magnet, with all the catagorizing and over-analyzing and ready-made excuses for being socially dysfunctional. It's like the interpersonal equivalent of the kid who obsessively lines up his Matchbox cars according to color and size, or something.

Mini-Sentry

kiwifarms.net
Dictonomy-wise, an INFJ is (behaviourally) introverted, attuned to the abstract side of things, relies mainly on feeling to make decisions and values structure over spontaneity.
Function-wise, the INFJ's N function (abstract perception) is dominant and therefore the most easy to use, while the S function (concrete perception) is inferior/repressed and therefore completely impossible to use. The N function is introverted (Ni - Introverted Intuition) and therefore subjectively creates its own abstract perceptions by taking in all the info about what a thing is theoretically associated with and producing a singular comprehensive theoretical association out of all the objective theoretical associations, while the S function is extroverted (Se - Extroverted Sensation) and takes in info about objective concrete aspects of things to the maximum extent possible and makes the most of them to gain a very immediate perception of reality as it exists in the current moment. The INFJ is incapable of doing any of these things due to Se being inferior and is therefore completely ignorant of objective reality, preferring personal theoretical visions. Note that this is without going into the F and T functions, but I don't want to sperg about this any more than necessary, since I've already stated the bare basics of what you need to know about the MBTI type INFJ (and INTJ as well) and how the MBTI system goes about describing its own types.
I feel ashamed for knowing this stuff. Still, I'm going to point out that most people consider the cognitive functions entirely distinct from the MBTI percentage letters system, which has led to a lot of ridiculous slapfights on that sub/PerC/wherever the spergs hang out about whose pseudoscientific system is better.

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
The main thing I've noticed with the MBTI is that most internet people will wear their Introversion as a badge of honour. Many of them also treat people who are Extroverted as 'the popular kids' and therefore as if they're vapid and/or bullies.

Celebrating your Myers-Briggs beginning with an I used to be a very Tumblr/LiveJournal thing, until merely being an introvert wasn't enough and you also had to be all the other mental bullshit to keep up your special snowflake status.

Tags
reddit

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino