• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. They've changed their bot behavior since last time. I've added a mandatory CAPTCHA at a Cloudflare level. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Lolcowery/Drama brewing in r/MBTIpersonality testing thread goes somewhat nuts

Discussion in 'Lolcow General' started by Jack Haywood, Jan 11, 2019.

1. The fuck is an MBTI

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Ron /pol/

Ron /pol/ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intolerance_(film)

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Jack Haywood

Jack Haywood Interested in psychology, games and adventure

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Ron /pol/

Ron /pol/ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intolerance_(film)

kiwifarms.net
  2. psychology as a whole is mostly quackery and borderline pseudoscience tbh tbh

• Agree  x 6
    • Disagree  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    BigRuler

BigRuler lmao bottom text

kiwifarms.net
  3. That's what I was going to fucking post

I know every single tumblerina and twitter user posts their MBTI on their descriptions, but, how the fuck do you make a community out of this?

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  4. The same way people base relationships on zodiac pseudoscience.
    "Oh you're a ABC? Well I'm an XYZ and this online quiz says we should be best friends. But DEF people are bad evil people so avoid them." Which spirals into the mess you see in the OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Girlycard

Girlycard Rows of teeth, like a shark

kiwifarms.net
  5. Psychologists have run experiments that show MBTI is nonsense. Maybe you should do a bit more research.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    emspex

emspex nice girl
    Staff Member Manager True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Honestly I don't think they would care even if it was voodoo runes invented by ancient mayans, they just need something that validates their autistic impulse to label and categorize everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. People take MBTI very seriously. I have seen some people make assumptions over these shit Facebook quiz labels

The biggest spergs out of the group are INFJs, who think they're all supergeniuses. They have an entire forum dedicated to the INFJ lifestyle. Here, these superior beings talk about not understanding why they constantly get friendzoned:
    093.jpeg

Or how their MBTI type correlates with their immune system:
    9.jpeg

And "Does being an INFJ correlate with autism?":
    22.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 6
    wes

wes

kiwifarms.net
  8. these are more fun to joke about than other zodiacs but they are basically zodiacs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  9. I wonder why psychology in specific attracts so much bullshit. You have to search for psychologists that actually uses proven methods like CBT.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. It's still a relatively new field that's only existed since the early 1900's, a lot of sciences seem to take 200+ years before they start actually filtering out most of the bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    King n Yellow

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Whats an INFJ?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Dictonomy-wise, an INFJ is (behaviourally) introverted, attuned to the abstract side of things, relies mainly on feeling to make decisions and values structure over spontaneity.
    Function-wise, the INFJ's N function (abstract perception) is dominant and therefore the most easy to use, while the S function (concrete perception) is inferior/repressed and therefore completely impossible to use. The N function is introverted (Ni - Introverted Intuition) and therefore subjectively creates its own abstract perceptions by taking in all the info about what a thing is theoretically associated with and producing a singular comprehensive theoretical association out of all the objective theoretical associations, while the S function is extroverted (Se - Extroverted Sensation) and takes in info about objective concrete aspects of things to the maximum extent possible and makes the most of them to gain a very immediate perception of reality as it exists in the current moment. The INFJ is incapable of doing any of these things due to Se being inferior and is therefore completely ignorant of objective reality, preferring personal theoretical visions. Note that this is without going into the F and T functions, but I don't want to sperg about this any more than necessary, since I've already stated the bare basics of what you need to know about the MBTI type INFJ (and INTJ as well) and how the MBTI system goes about describing its own types.

• Autistic Autistic x 1
    Jack Haywood

Jack Haywood Interested in psychology, games and adventure

kiwifarms.net
  13. MBTI is, as others have said, pseudo-science that claims to sort you into a label (or a set of labels, in this case) that can tell you abstract things about yourself, like you'd be best at a job involving interacting with people, if you'd be a good leader, are naturally artistic, etc. It's more of a glorified Tiger Beat quiz than horoscopes, but people treat their MBTI like they would a zodiac sign. MBTI then becomes something that people start to base their lives around and use as a barometer for compatibility with others, like certain zodiac signs have affinity for others (supposedly)

Taking the test has your answers plotted on 4 different spectrums that are essentially dichotomous, and when you're finished, you get four letters correlating to where you landed on each spectrum.

The first set is introverted (I) vs. extroverted (E), the second is sensing (S) vs. intuition (N), the third is thinking (T) vs. feeling (F), and the fourth is judging (J) vs. perceiving (P). There are 16 possible outcomes from this, and some people take this shit way too far, despite it being just as much as an insight into your person as the "What kind of person are you in the bedroom?" quiz in a Cosmopolitan magazine. So a person who scored a 75% on introvert (0%) vs. extrovert (100%) would be assigned an "E".

Thus an "INFJ" is someone who scored majority Introverted, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging. I tried my best to give the basics of the whole thing, but this page goes into more detail without drowning you in word salad.

What's more important are the results. From the same website, here's the profile of what a common INFJ person would be like. It's just like reading a horoscope, with phrases like "self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills", "INFJs are generally well-suited to the 'inspirational' professions", and "INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden".

So a random sperg who gets INFJ as his result will start taking ideas like that as gospel and suddenly sees himself as this beacon of justice, even though he's never done anything heroic in his life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    wes

wes

kiwifarms.net
  14. This "IFPJ" (or whatever) crap is obnoxious as all fuck- It's like the navel-gazing bullshit of star signs, plus the self importance and responsibility-ducking of self-diagnosed psych issues, dressed up with needless jargon and insider terminology.

Also it's a huge autism-magnet, with all the catagorizing and over-analyzing and ready-made excuses for being socially dysfunctional. It's like the interpersonal equivalent of the kid who obsessively lines up his Matchbox cars according to color and size, or something.

Snuckening

Snuckening Special

kiwifarms.net
  15. Actual psychology major here, the MBTI has been proven in the world of academia to lack any real reliability or validity at all. Big 5 is way better with that regard. And I've learned from actual research professors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  16. I feel ashamed for knowing this stuff. Still, I'm going to point out that most people consider the cognitive functions entirely distinct from the MBTI percentage letters system, which has led to a lot of ridiculous slapfights on that sub/PerC/wherever the spergs hang out about whose pseudoscientific system is better.

kiwifarms.net
  17. The main thing I've noticed with the MBTI is that most internet people will wear their Introversion as a badge of honour. Many of them also treat people who are Extroverted as 'the popular kids' and therefore as if they're vapid and/or bullies.

Celebrating your Myers-Briggs beginning with an I used to be a very Tumblr/LiveJournal thing, until merely being an introvert wasn't enough and you also had to be all the other mental bullshit to keep up your special snowflake status.

kiwifarms.net
Tags:
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.