Al Capone didn’t pay his protection money
True & Honest Fan
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, I couldn’t find any threads on this... It’s interesting to look over old predictions on KF about what 2020 would be like and how the election would play out. I know I got it wrong: There were times I thought Biden would win it, but by the time election rolled around I was convinced Trump would barely win. There’s nothing wrong with making incorrect predictions or posts they didn’t age well. Some of it is still subjective but its fun to look back.
What did you get right or wrong?
Posts that stood out to me now that the election is over:
What did you get right or wrong?
So a comment that I've read (and saved) some time ago kinda got me thinking for a bit. I'd like to share it with you guys, check it out. I've said repeatedly what we can expect, but I hope I'm wrong. I expect the Democrats to lean into Progressivism and leftism in the 2020 election, and lose...
Predictions: 1) Google Stadia is quietly brought behind the shed and shot before October. 2) People will bitch about RE3: Remake's Jill Valentine not being sexy enough while at the same time other people will bitch that she's a fighting fuck doll. 3) Sony manages to fuck up the Playstation 5...
We're not even halfway through the year and things are fucking insane. So far we've had: An Iranian general being yeeted with a sword-missile. The Kung Flu turning China into The Stand. Toilet Paper hording. Kung Flu going on a global tour. Massive lockdowns across the globe. The Venezuelan...
Please don't be a sped who selects two conflicting choices in the poll. :optimistic: Vote in the poll and give your analysis replies! No need to just share how you voted (that's what a poll is for :)) but if you have analysis or other thoughts or predictions please share.
I’ve become indifferent to the election but I want to make a few guesses. I could be dead wrong on everything lol but why not? Here’s my 20 predictions for the 2020 elections.
1. The Libertarian, Constitution, and Green parties will get less votes than 2016 despite greater voter turnout.
2. Most Gary Johnson and Constitution voters in 2016 will now vote for Trump. Jo will not perform nearly as well as Gary. Most Green Party voters in 2016 will vote Biden. This will be a net gain for Trump since most 3rd party voters are conservative. (Most self-identified independents vote Democrat and aren’t 3rd party voters, despite what journalists think).
3. Trump will get a higher percentage of black male voters.
4. Despite being a minority of a minority, black men that voted for Trump will be blamed for Biden’s loss. Some white liberals will show their true colors.
5: Biden will get less defecting Republican votes than Hillary.
6. Some solid red and blue states will be more purple than usual.
7. I expect a record high turnout in red states like Idaho, Texas, Utah, Louisiana, etc. This won’t affect the electoral college but it’ll help increase Trumps popular vote.
8. Some progressives will topple some big name neoliberals in California. This will make democratic primaries very interesting. This could potentially be bigger than the Presidential election.
9. Trump will win by a smaller electoral margin than 2016 but will also win the popular vote.
10. The progressives will be fired up for the next election and will be out for blood against neoliberals.
11. Some RINOs will officially change parties in the aftermath and side with the neoliberals against the progressives.
12. The Democratic establishment will also blame the Green Party despite getting a smaller percentage of votes in 2020. They will also blame Jo despite her performing worse than Gary.
13. The progressives will pick up Trump talking points on Biden and will use Hunter against Pelosi and any neoliberals tied to Biden.
14. Trump will solidify control over the Republican Party.
15. AoC will position herself for a presidential run in 2024 and will be on the offensive against neoliberals.
16. Obama will throw Biden under the bus as soon as it’s clear that he’ll lose.
17. Most media will stop running interference for Biden once it’s clear he lost. They will turn on him for losing and mention how weak of a candidate he was.
18. Social Media sites will try to backtrack to avoid Cheetos vengeful wrath. They will also believe they didn’t go far enough... again.
19. There will be looting and mass riots.
20. There will be simultaneous rrreeeing about voter suppression and voter fraud at the same time and in the same states.
Trump = one term
I'm leaning towards Trump winning. Biden doesn't have the energy to fight Trump and Warren might as well be Clinton 2.0. If he does win, I don't think it'll be any more crazy than it's already been.
Star Wars will continue on it's downward spiral, Trump will be re-elected, massive shitstorms will be had, a lolcow will die.
Whatever happens, a million dickheads will make "Hindsight's 20/20" quips until we all choke to death on our own disgust.
Politics and world: Trump wins again, Queen Elizabeth dies and the UK will have a referendum whenever to stay a monarchy or become a democracy (or a caliphate), will fuck it up like with Brexit and drag it for some years regardledd of results.
Lolcows: Barb dies and ADF will have a serious law/health scare. That, or he'll finally get institutionalized.
The Farms: hell, if some other staff leaves Null will probably shut it down. Cue trannies celebrating until an actual tranny murdering board takes our place.
Personal: really hope to manage having a baby. 2018 went badly and we didn't try this year, maybe 2020 will be better.
- Trump wins Re-Election but does so with less then the Majority vote [Again]
- Democrats contest the election in multiple states, dragging out a final deceleration until the Electoral College votes in December
- House republicans will be short of retaking the majority (by 5 votes)
- House Democrats Will resume impeachment processes in 2021
- The Senate majority will shrink by 1 or 2 votes and Cocaine Mitch will have trouble passing things
- Portland will burn and they will have General Strikes off and on. So will other cities with lots of danger hairs
- Jordan will start to join Lebanon, Syria, The Palestinian Authority, and Iraq as failed or near failed states in the middle east due to political and economic collapse.
- Another major big budget tentpoll will follow Jokers example of maximized profits outside of China
- Shang Chi and Eternals will massively under perform
- KK will announce a successor
*More and more pressure on Japanese culture and entertainment to become SJW, since Japan will get lots of attention during (and probably after) Olympic Games.
*Many people reducing internet/social media usage because biased moderation, lynching and politic/cultural war are becoming unbearable. "men bad" (50 000 likes). Some teenager didn't like your post? Get fired. Seriously, it's becoming insane.
*A big event involving the environment will trigger more eco-hysteria.
*I don't really know much about USA politics, maybe increase of separatist movements?
*Economic recession in some European country that received lots of refugees.
*Brexit negociations won't be solved.
- Woke culture continues to show diminishing returns at the box office, etc.
- Trump wins and there is less REEEEEEing than before, but the dedicated REEEEEEers really REEEEEE.
- Gardner and McSally both lose but the (R)s pick up somewhere else and there is only minimal movement in the Senate.
- Democrats retain control of the House.
- Impeachment goes nowhere and produces few lulz.
- Popular anti-Semitism increases.
- There are fewer mass shootings than we are on track for but nobody appreciates this.
- There is a major scandal for Pope Francis.
- There is a reasonably significant terror attack done by radical leftists in the U.S.
- Kiwi Farms makes the news for something exceptional.
- Hotwheels fails to be relevant.
- There is at least one really pristine quality meme of the type unseen for several years.
- Barb survives another year out of spite.
- Chris does nothing of consequence but subtly actually begins to dial back the tranny shit.
- At least 1,000 regular U.S. army troops go somewhere that is surprising
Bold predictions.There's a massive school shooting in the US
There's a huge terrorist attack in the EU, likely France
A beloved hollywood celebrity gets accused of rape
There's some new superhero movies
Dimensional merge does not happen
Florida Man does it again
Warren doesn't become the main Democratic presidential candidate.
The Disney remakes due for 2020 receive terrible merchandise that languishes in stores for years (like what happened with the Beauty and the Beast remake).
ComicsGate starts going after Viz Media's Kate Mitchell and modern Homestuck.
1780 American Revolution?
1860 US Civil War?
1940 World War 2?
What the fuck?
My predictions are as follows: Deval Patrick and Bloomberg, if he even runs, do not make splashes in the primaries. Castro is out before the end of this month, having failed to make the debate but there is little incentive for the others to leave. Harris has already given up but, as a point of pride, probably stays in until Iowa. I wouldn't expect the debates to be memorable from here on out. Maybe Biden cracks under pressure again, but it doesn't really matter, as I lay out below. The surging candidates, Buttegieg and Warren, are both great public speakers and will escape without issue.
Iowa sees Warren surge as it becomes obvious that Bernie is not the man of the moment and she fights it out with Buttegieg. I haven't a clue who wins but those are the top two, Biden and Bernie trail them, followed by the joke candidates, Yang and Gabbard, and then Klobachar. Everyone else is an asterisk. Having failed to win at their chosen state, Harris, Klobachar, Bennett and Bullock drop out.
New Hampshire goes for Warren, followed by Butttegieg and Bernie, Biden behind them. Booker drops out, if he hasn't already. So does Delaney, but, you know, whatever. Biden does not drop out, citing his good numbers in Nevada, SC and the country at large. Bernie, however, does drop out-this was always going to be an uphill battle for him, and having failed to win in NH its obvious he won't be winning anywhere else either. He endorses Warren, and most of his followers go along with it. A Guiliani-esque media bombardment of "how can he possibly win" occurs during the the week and a half long period between NH and NV, causing his support to fall apart. Warren wins that state and Biden finally drops out.
During this cycle, SC is hardly different from Super Tuesday, they only get to go a three days early. It should, in theory, be a state that Patrick could campaign for, but he's not going to be winning it even if Warren and Buttegieg aren't perfect candidates. Who even knows which one of them wins it. Super Tuesday itself is largely southern states, the midwest, northwest and most of the northeast are voting later on. The exceptions? California, Colorado, Utah, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont and Minnesota. Texas and Oklahoma too, if you do not consider them southern. I do think that Patrick picks up a little bit of the black vote- but not much, and he wins no states, Bloomberg, if he gets in, will have limited appeal too- might win Oklahoma, Virginia, Utah, North Carolina. But those are all just as likely to be Buttegieg states in my mind. I think that Warren's populist message prevails out west, so Cali and Colorado, maybe Utah. She should also win her home state, Vermont and Maine. I could see the south (including TX) go for Pete, I could see it go for Liz. If its the former then we are in for a race, if its the later then its game over. Having said that, I do not think the party is in the mood for moderation and most of the parts of the country which haven't voted yet should favor Warren.
There won't be anything close to a fight at the convention. Well, not over who the nominee should be anyway, there will be discussions in regards to the platform and they will be establishment versus "Squad" types over things like Israel, income inequality, fracking, etc. Warren, in preparation for the general election, starts walking back or "a long way off"ing her health care proposals and anything else that is white vote kryptonite. Warren nominates an establishment centrist, such as Corey Booker or Roy Cooper or, if she wants to get under people's skin, Gretchen Whitmer. I'll tell you who it won't be is Stacey Abrams or Kamala Harris (Abrams a liability on the ticket and Harris would decline since VP is a step down from Senator from California.)
Off in Elephantland.... the Senate does not convict or remove Trump, in the final vote one person defects from each side, (Mitt Romney and Doug Jones, for those curious) but it does not become a political noose for the Donald due to overreach on the Democratic side, like claiming that Trump was taking bribes, as opposed to giving them. While this is happening actual governing is going on, including the "failure" to agree to a trade deal with China, more attempts to reform/restore immigration policy, the end of DACA by way of SCOTUS, signing of the USMCA/"new NAFTA" and somehow the passing of a new budget. Trump has to accept losses on the budget front, because of this year's debacle. Economy does not go into recession/collapse. Oh, and Trump goes all in on identity politics, making a regular foe of the so-called Squad and the CBC.
Just a quick aside here, multiple arrests will be made of people planning violent events, not all from the right either, though thats what will be in the news a lot. It will be a bat to hit Trump with, especially in regards to the upper-class suburban vote. I don't think I need to say it, but its going to be a hell of a fucking ride watching lol-cows in the run up to the election.
Shame for you all that Trump will not only get his ass handed to him in the popular vote but also lose the EC too though. And thats the rub folks, after four years of Trump's bullshit, faced with a candidate who actually will bother to attend at least one event in Wisconsin, with all of the money and media against him, Trump will be brought down and despite the close EC score it will not be particularly close in the additional states Trump would have needed. It will be 2012+Florida, Ohio and Iowa, maybe minus Arizona and Omaha but PA, MI, and WI will not be close, nor will places like NH, MN, ME, etc that Trump targeted last time. This will be obvious to pollsters due to how widespread the discontent is, but since they all cried Hillary last election it will be a genuine surprise to a genuinely surprising amount of people. During her victory speech, Warren alludes to Hillary having made cracks in the glass ceiling. Given that 2020 is the cycle right before a census too, this is doubly bad for the right, it won't be as bad as 2010 was for Democrats but it will still lead to a tough time winning the house for a decade to come. The saving grace? 10+ years of Democratic court rulings and referendum results at the state level that serve to limit the effects of gerrymandering and lock in so-called "fair" districts.
Oh, and if you thought that that's the end, you still have three months of lame-duck Trump to look forward too, when he gets to really go out and cut loose, freed from the constraints of polling or popular opinion. McConnell, seeing the end of the ride, goes all in on court nominations, its a steady churn, Trump's last 90 days result in way more than 90 vacancies being filled. Don't be surprised if he repeatedly claims the election was rigged, if he mandates federal land sales, if he, I don't know, pulls out of the defense pact with Korea, pardons every one of his lackeys who was convicted over the past 4 years, sues CNN over something patently ridiculous, etc.
The Millennial Left will definitely remain in denial and throw massive temper tantrums, but the bigwigs in the know will get the message and change accordingly, even if they don't publicly admit to it.
Hell, the Millennial Left going nuclear because Trump wins in 2020 would actually be a good excuse for the neoliberal corporatists to cut the line and leave the SJW's and your DSA and Antifa types to fend for themselves, especially if we see some major left-wing violence like Antifa successfully murdering Andy Ngo or killing someone at one of their demonstrations while in black bloc after the 2020 Election or some leftist goes for the high score and actually stacks up a high enough kill count for the media to acknowledge it and not downplay it.
We've already seen that the Woke Left is willing to go for the high score with the Castle Rock STEM High School attack earlier this year. However, they only killed one person and injuries were in the low single digits, so it was easy to memory hole.
If Trump wins in 2020 and the Left gets a violent attack attached to them that cannot be properly deflected or memory-holed, then the neoliberal establishment will definitely change the game plan altogether.
I doubt it, SJW’s and SJW ideology will remain an exploitable selling point for corps until they can break into the Chinese market. Once that happens, THEN they will abandon them. You thought Trump 2016 was bad? imagine the chimpouts that will happen once SJW’s realize boycotts and internet bitching no longer works.
Donald Trump wins the presidency in a very close election but might lose the Senate along with the house. Just like what happened to Obama.
> The Demos try to scramble for a candidate.
> They fail.
> Third parties do fuck all.
> Media and polls go "orange man bad" & "drumpf'll never win".
> President Trump wins again.
> Sit back and happily relax while making compilations of people screeching.
> Say "Told you so" to those I know who say "nah Trump bad".
> America gets slightly better while Europe rots.
Hats off to @エボラちゃん. Got a lot right even though Trump lost.-Trump gets re-elected.
-At least one major event (disaster, act of terror or geopolitical/economic event) will occur during the election which will shift the theme of the presidential campaign.
-Maybe a political assassination attempt during or shortly after 2020 US presidential election.
-Still no Brexit.
-Cyberpunk 2077 will disappoint.
-More ebola outbreak next summer.
-At least one major (>10 dead) act of terror will take place in one of the following countries: UK-France-Germany-Belgium-Sweden-Denmark.
-At least one incel (possibly a polfag or r9cuck) is going to rise up.
-One big technological disaster in China or India.
-No new major conflict is going to emerge in 2020.
-A bunch of dead Ecelebs are going to try to make a come back and surf on the presidential election, I expect to see a nice shitshow later next year.
-Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die next year around summer.
-I don't have any names in mind but I predict at least 2 dead lolcows for 2020, maybe Jazz Jennings.
-At least one mild natural disaster will take place somewhere either in south america, south east asia or far middle-east.
Agreed. If Trump wins in 2020, then 2021 will be the year that Woke Culture officially "dies" because then the corporate media will have no reason whatsoever to back it. It's harming their profit margins and if it fails to keep Trump from getting a second term, then it's completely useless.
Star Wars Episode IX is definitely going to under-perform at the very least. I'm not sure if it will be a total bomb because it's got the Star Wars name attached to it and Captain Marvel proved that Disney is willing to game the system and buy out seats in advance for opening weekend, but I don't think it will be the smash success that Disney wants it to be.
If an MCU film bombs or even just under-performs badly enough, that would also be a major death knell moment for SJW culture and capeshit in particular.
- The Senate acquits Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump wins re-election.
- Antifa gets someone killed.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away. She is replaced with Amy Coney Barrett.
- Democrats continue to chip away at firearm rights.
- Barb Chandler lives another year.
- There is more backlash to woke identity politics than there was this year. (Get woke, go broke)
- Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren will be the Democrat nominee for 2020.
- Onision gets arrested.
- China continues to rise as a global superpower.
- Brexit might get pushed back again.
- More mass shootings.
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam may very well have an armed rebellion on his hands over his unconstitutional firearm laws he wants to pass. (Many VA counties are now calling themselves 2A Sanctuaries)
- Democrats will likely lose control of the House in the elections.
- More censorship and throttling of independent political commentary on social media.
- I spend another year being fat and lazy.
1. Anti-intellectualism becomes popular due to more conspiracy theories becoming more prevalent.
2. Drumpf gets elected again, but this time, he does something very exceptional that makes everyone hate him and becomes Gen Z's George Dubya.
3. Video Games become more advanced, but expensive. Several genres begin to see a revival and there will be more of a push to demand for quality.
4. The Arab region destabilizes and Saudi Arabia sees more of a push for democracy.
5. Russia begins to crack.
6. China starts ramping up its draconian policies and several leaks show terrible actions being done there by the government.
7. More countries begin to leave the EU in Europe and start to split off.
8. I'd like to see more of a push for gun right's in the future.
I don't know exactly, but at the very least there's no way it can get any worse than 2019...right?
Posts that stood out to me now that the election is over:
Man, remember when the dems said trump wasn't going to accept his loss and was going to get americans up in arms and create political violence and division?
They sure do project a lot, don't they?
I was ninjad while typing this, and I'm not changing it..
Losing the 2016 election broke a lot of people's minds on the Democrat side. The crazier ones don't see it as them simply not being appealing enough to voters, but rather as them being denied what was "rightfully" theirs. Thus, some of the more insane shit was born like calling for stripping voting rights away from certain states or even outright destroying the Electoral College. Hell, they thought they were too nice during that election, and are guaranteed to double down on the shit that made them lose, all because their egos can't let them accept their loss and move on.
Basically, those people are like a toddler throwing a tantrum about the square peg not fitting into the round hole.
They keep banging this drum while at the same exact time still screaming about how the 2016 election wasn't valid. How fucking stupid do they think we are? Jesus christ you morons...
there won't be a 2024 election. What going happen after 2020 election is complete and final devastation of the political systems credibility and descent into chaos. Trump will challenge the outcomes if he loses despite
If the loss is creditable or not. The democrats won't except anything except their power as legitimate and their base has been trained to see any non dem victory as a result of cheating. Republican voters won't accept a Democratic vote cause dems have demonstrated the willingness to cheat. If democrats do win fairly Republican voters won't accept it either cause many of them are waking up to the fact the democrats will harm them just for having a different opinion and resisting Democratic rule.
People said the same shit about Bush and Obama and both stepped down with little fuss Trump will too.
The DNC never accepted the loss so for them the 2016 campaign is still in progress. Very sick people.
I agree very much with a lot of what you say. That said, I am a reasonably pro-Trump individual and I am getting the feeling/concern that what you have laid out here applies to both sides. I think the same people that are mostly fed up with the mainstream media/DNC are also pretty fed up with Trump's antics as well. Trump may be a lesser of two evils in this case, but I am not about to be confident that "my guy" is only the lesser of two evils to a mainstream independent voter.
Vote. I'll accept whatever outcome happens but I just want to see people vote. Turnout must be higher.