Looking back at the predictions for 2020 and posts that aged well/poorly -

• Conducting some maintenance.

potato in mah painus

X reddit faggitory
kiwifarms.net
Not only did Biden win the election, but the fact that the Right reeee'ed just as hard as the Left during 2016 will never not be funny to me. It also didn't help that 1/6 will probably give the left an even better footing in politics and tear the Republican party into two.
Other then the flash over at the capital, the right reeing out to the level of the left hasn't happened yet and might not happen at all. This election broke most of them, the right snap in diffrent ways then the left do and we are probably going to see that come springtime.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Easily this one.

A lot of doomer mentality here.
Honestly, while the next few years will not be perfect, I am expecting things to get better.

1) Trump will win the election, which will cause many things to occur. The first will be a likely last gasp for air from the woke left before they now succumb to their new lord. Trump is the antithesis to the woke, him winning again would solidify republican dominance in the culture and finally moves us away from woke ideology, just like Clinton propelled us away from the religious. The issue will be that multiple people will have TDS afterwards, so expect a higher amount of losers from the bi-gone era that will larp around. I would not be surprised if we repeat history and get a Dem in power next as a repeat of the religious right getting Dubya. Part of me still believes the RNC will own the 20s decade though as the Dems are in such disarray and division that this loss may completely split the party till 28. Bernie’s group of wokes will try and fail to lead anything, officially killing Bernie’s influence. Dems will likely be the populace pick in 10-20 years as the RNC will crash having too much power and influence after a while.

2) Hollywood will burn. I am fully expecting another Weinstein if Trump gets re-elected. With two powerhouses down, along with multiple small ones, the Hollywood structure as we know it will fundamentally change. Hopefully huge abuses towards women and minorities becomes lesser as the big dogs are finally being held accountable for their mal-practice. Men will hopefully also regain some social standing in the event of false accusations as I believe Johnny Depp and Brett have heightened the discussion about how women can be just as toxic and abusive as men. With woke finally being dead, there will likely be nothing to save these vial women.
The industry will also move more Republican/Libertarian. I think we will still see huge leaps for minority representation, but it will be more organic like Miles Spider-Man in Spider-verse rather than minority that screams “orange man bad“ and nothing else. Expect more Crash 4 Tawna, less Captain Marvel so to speak. People still want strong females, but they will not annoyingly undermine men and will have actual flaws and some semblance of humanity. With things like Metroid, Spider-Gwen, Nier, anime, etc. getting popular, I believe they will set a path for future female characters. As for minorities, likely more are gonna be inline with Miles or Black Panther. Gays will also be more present in media due to further acceptance.
As for films and tv, I believe we are due for a comeback of things from 90s - 2012. Media will get more crude as a result, because the 2000s was the height of popular shoes such as South Park and Family Guy. Avatar, Adventure Time, Samurai Jack, Invader Zim, and SpongeBob have all had comebacks recently, so expect animation to go in their direction. Animation will also be offensive again seeing as Hazbin Hotel is likely to be a hit. Anime will make a comeback because 2000s and Americans are done with woke. Video games will become more varied than ever as platformers, rpgs, FPS, survival games (Minecraft), and more are now all popular again.

3) Trump will likely remove much of the American buisnesses from China if his crowd does not kill them first. This will primarily effect entertainment as companies such as the NBA will likely start getting cut off from China.

4) A war on Silicon Valley will erupt at some point this decade. Frustrations with big tech are becoming more apparent, so much of the 2020 discussion will be on them and the ethics of their programs. Expect Twitter to get hit big, along with Google for censorship. There will also likely be a push away from the internet social media platforms given how absolutely toxic they have become. Streaming services are bound to fail given the fact that they are essentially becoming a more unprofitable cable now that there are more then 2. This will then lead back to cable and dvds becoming the norm again. This affect also applies to gaming as there is no way I can see us going all digital, and music as well due to the monopoly of Spotify and how it abuses creators. The internet will likely go back to the somewhat limited use of early 2010s, giving way to more competition for FB and Twitter again, maybe even YouTube.
Also should mention, I believe the smart home products are going to die off as well. Alexa, Ring, they are all just fads that are getting increasingly more concerning by the minute in how they record you.

There is probably more, but I think that is a good list for now.

It was so wrong, that the guy ended up leaving the site.

Cool Dog

A goodboi denied his Wendy's
kiwifarms.net
Anti-intellectualism becomes popular due to more conspiracy theories becoming more prevalent.
Some hick posting shitty memes on facebook from a cheap laptop makes no fucking difference, they have zero influence outside of their small bubble of other powerless irrelevant hicks

You know whats real anti-intellectualism? a biology researcher getting expelled from a university because some troony got offended. Thats the kind of shit thats worries me because unlike the hicks these nutcases have real power, real reach, the media and politicians take them seriously enough to pass legislation based on their insanity

Consider that the current anti-nuclear mentality is the result of a bunch of hippies that knew jack shit about anything sperging out during the 70s and 80s so hard most nuclear research and investment completely disappeared. Now after 50 years of having to go back to coal, oil and gas because nuclear is no longer an option we got global warming, all because Sunshine didnt read 'fission for dummies'

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some hick posting shitty memes on facebook from a cheap laptop makes no fucking difference, they have zero influence outside of their small bubble of other powerless irrelevant hicks

You know whats real anti-intellectualism? a biology researcher getting expelled from a university because some troony got offended. Thats the kind of shit thats worries me because unlike the hicks these nutcases have real power, real reach, the media and politicians take them seriously enough to pass legislation based on their insanity

Consider that the current anti-nuclear mentality is the result of a bunch of hippies that knew jack shit about anything sperging out during the 70s and 80s so hard most nuclear research and investment completely disappeared. Now after 50 years of having to go back to coal, oil and gas because nuclear is no longer an option we got global warming, all because Sunshine didnt read 'fission for dummies'

In all fairness, Chernobyl didn't help matters.

Granted, the media tends to omit that Chernobyl's staff were doing things that were considered unsafe and illegal even under the Soviet Union's criminally low standards and the kind of reactors used there wouldn't have passed muster for the AEC/Department of Energy in the 1960's, let alone the 1980's.

We need to focus more on nuclear energy. It's the only option that makes sense.

The only major nuclear energy disasters in democratic First World nations were the Fukushima incident in 2011 and Three Mile Island in 1979. Chernobyl was horrifying but a lot of it had to do with the shoddy reactors, the corrupt management at the plant, and the fact it occurred in a communist shithole country.

Fukushima was the result of several freak one-in-a-million natural disasters back to back and IIRC, occurred at one of Japan's oldest nuclear power plants (so they were probably on older and weaker reactors)

Three Mile Island had zero human fatalities at all and the radiation that was released was just slightly more than that of a typical chest X-Ray at a doctor's office.

Mr. Bung

Just your run-of-the-mill bleach demon
kiwifarms.net
There were posts in response to COVID-19 (early on) that aged really poorly, namely the ones about how the pandemic would be a huge kick in the balls to China and globalist billionaires.
Totally this. I remember many of us speculating back in March/April 2020 that COVID would help bring an end to SJW and woke bullshit because it would help us come together as a whole like 9/11 did. Instead it all just got worse and 2019 looks tame in comparison. I think the difference now is that there's been an ongoing active effort by the subhuman elites to keep people divided and fighting as much as they can, because a divided populace has a lot less strength than a united one.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Easily this one.

It was so wrong, that the guy ended up leaving the site.
>'Lot of doomer mentality'
>Ends up comitting virtual (I hope it is only virtual) suicide

This is why Optimism is Cowardice -- I am watching people slide into schizo-posting and hysterical doomposting because they refused to accept and prepare for the worst case scenarios.

SenorCurditos

kiwifarms.net
mcdonald's parking lot oracle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 8.21.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 8.21.39 PM.png
    104 KB · Views: 120

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>'Lot of doomer mentality'
>Ends up comitting virtual (I hope it is only virtual) suicide

This is why Optimism is Cowardice -- I am watching people slide into schizo-posting and hysterical doomposting because they refused to accept and prepare for the worst case scenarios.
This is not optimism this is plain on delusion. Putting all his chips on another rich dude who became a president is rather ignorant, especially in the "internet censorship will go down" part. Do I need to remind you, that Donny wanted to repeal section 230? And even before that after Wall-Mart shooting he promised to crackdown on the internet and violent games. Also, Hollywood has began to burn under his presidency and now Academy openly states "if your movie has no insert oppressed group, you're out of luck". No wonder this guy jumped to PM hugbox after Biden won and then left.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
This is not optimism this is plain on delusion. Putting all his chips on another rich dude who became a president is rather ignorant, especially in the "internet censorship will go down" part. Do I need to remind you, that Donny wanted to repeal section 230? And even before that after Wall-Mart shooting he promised to crackdown on the internet and violent games. Also, Hollywood has began to burn under his presidency and now Academy openly states "if your movie has no insert oppressed group, you're out of luck". No wonder this guy jumped to PM hugbox after Biden won and then left.
Any updates on 230?

He actually was only invited to the last two.
Also lol at still thinking it was a Trump support hug box to seethe at Biden.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's only quiet because Biden isn't tweeting about it constantly like Trump did and making Null shit his pants. Biden and Democrats under him are still openly looking into repealing it, they just aren't shouting about it.
Yeah, I know. On the other hand, they don't really need to repeal it. Look at what's happened after Capitol shit - Twitter and other platforms just banned everyone and all the alternatives were pinned down and forced into cooperation in a matter of hours. There is really not much use for them to repeal section 230, since all the big platforms are on their side.

Yeah, I know. On the other hand, they don't really need to repeal it. Look at what's happened after Capitol shit - Twitter and other platforms just banned everyone and all the alternatives were pinned down and forced into cooperation in a matter of hours. There is really not much use for them to repeal section 230, since all the big platforms are on their side.
Nonsense.
1614765915285.png

The ride never stops.