Looking back on 2019 - The last year before Corona

Let's look back on 2019 and figure out whether we took life for granted back then.

2019 was not a year I thought was particularly good, what set a bad tone for that year was that Gillette ad, which even by Woke standards it was next level creepy.

Then there's things that are so easy to forget now like the Notre Dame fire and the arson of Kyoto Animation, which regardless of whether you care about anime you can't deny was a terrible tragedy and was a sign just how fucked up the world was getting.

But of course, if we only knew, at least you could leave your house normally back then, the continuing rise of Woke ensured the year couldn't not be taken for granted, which makes me all the more bitter about what was has been going on these last 5 years, but on a personal level 2019 wasn't a bad year for me at all, I had some good times that created good memories that I can look back fond on and I'm very thankful for that.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
You know, I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think wokeness is the biggest problem we're facing right now.

Also, the Notre Dame fire was caused by workplace negligence, and the Kyoto Arson was caused by a sped who thought the studio had stolen an idea from him. That idea being characters buying discounted meat at a supermarket.

What I'm saying is that none of these incidents were caused by wokeness, and you immediately jumping to it being the biggest issue in the world, and you know, not the pandemic, or other shit going on, is kind of autistic. Not to mention that this is like your third thread on the subject.

Last edited:
You know, I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think wokeness is the biggest problem we're facing right now.

Also, the Notre Dame fire was caused by workplace negligence, and the Kyoto Arson was caused by a sped who thought the studio had stolen an idea from him. That idea being characters buying discounted meat at a supermarket.

What I'm saying is that none of these incidents were caused by wokeness, and you immediately jumping to it being the biggest issue in the world, and you know, not the Pandemic, or other shit going on, is kind of autistic. Not to mention that this is like your third thread on the subject.
I never said wokeness was related to the Notre Dame fire or the Kyoto arson and while I do think it's one of the biggest issues facing the world today, I guess it's debatable if it's the biggest issue and I never said it was.

Overcast

has a questionable diet
True & Honest Fan
2019 was honestly a really good year for me.

Got the fuck out of California. Spent a few months in a nice little town in Arizona doing workout classes and binging Godzilla films, finally got to Texas, got a part time job that eventually turned full time with benefits, moved into my own apartment AND became a lot more confident both as a person and as a man.

Still have some issues and kinks to work out, and the past year has been pretty shitty with the pandemic. But I won't give up on what I want. The only way things will get better is if you put the effort into improving yourself.

One thing I'm so thankful for is attending Thanksgiving in 2019 and seeing family who I haven't seen in person since of course, I really hate to think if I hadn't done that it'd be years since I'd have seen some family members in person.

I also attended a music concert in December of 2019, it was in an old movie theater built in the 1920s and they we all were packed in together right next to each other where there were no empty seats, not knowing that just a few months later that would become a thing of the past, it's downright surreal to think back on stuff like that.

Maurice Caine

The 60's were fun but now I'm paying for it
1614097590389.png

This was the sentiment towards woke culture at the time.

2019 was a relatively benign year for me, in comparison to the rest of the 10s. I don't miss that year, but nothing especially horrible happened, as well. Another thing to realize is that most people don't actually want the woke bullshit to be the "new normal"; it isn't really coming from the bottom-up, but from the top-down. Things are forced to be this way by those in power, because that is how they were able to hold onto their power in the first place. You only see appeasements and compromises to the masses from those who do not yet have full control; you saw the elites doubling-down on this bullshit (like idiots and very haphazardly at that) because they already have full control, and they saw people balking at it and protesting as a sign that they were losing control (which I personally feel that they are, but it will be a very bumpy ride).

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
2019 felt like we were rounding a bend with how things were going. And then 2020 came and showed us what direction we were turning in…

In my opinion even without the pandemic or without wokeness the people in power would be finding a way to double down on their control right now because if there's one thing they fear, it's losing their power and control.

I forgot to even mention the main thing that made me dislike 2019 and that was the whole #KickVic drama, as a big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist as a teen it hit really close to home and finally seeing the anime fandom in the US divided by some Gamergate style drama was heartbreaking, it felt like Woke finally ruining the one thing they had yet to ruin.

I just really wish I could have somehow known to value 2019 more at the time but that's the way it always is with these things, I mean how could I have possibly known?

Wait you think getting mad at an ad for disposable razors was somehow the most notable thing in an entire year?
When did I say that? I didn't say it was the most notable thing in an entire year, I said it set a bad tone for the year because it came out early in the year and was next level Wokeness even by Woke standards, it was a sign to me that Woke wasn't going away any time soon and I was right.

Syaoran Li

Prime Minister of Ireland
True & Honest Fan
Oddly enough, it looked like that in the second half of 2019 that the Woke Left was experiencing that pride that comes before a fall but then Corona happened and that changed everything.

Lemmingwise

....Okay I can explain
True & Honest Fan
Also, the Notre Dame fire was caused by workplace negligence
Considering the muslim cheering on social media and the fact that france has a church burning as frequently as sweden has grenade attacks (weekly), I rate this a big "x" to doubt.

When I think of 2019, I think back to the widespread wave of protests in the western world. The French, who like to protest, went incredibly far to outdo themselves. We saw a military deployed to suppress it, military vehicles that had not the french flag, but the euro union flag on them. We had a population so brainwashed that people would deny this even when shown the images and videos showing this. The netherlands too had constant protests. Farmer protests, antifa protests, pegida protests, zwarte piet protests (even people deciding to close down roads to protect their right to paint their faces black) and I know I'm forgetting a couple because there seemed to be a new protest every damn week.

Just constant disorder. I thought,there is no way that the sitting power can protect themselves and stop this into a complete revolution. Or if they did stop it, I assumed they would do something akin to color revolutions. Snipe a couple of cops and use it as an excuse to stamp down hard on the public.

I didn't know they had a better plan in the works.