Looking for feedback for this business idea: Ethical Exotic Meat

crapstream

kiwifarms.net
I think there is a real market for bat based recipes.
There is a market for whatever product you want to sell.
There is a bunch of animals that can be eaten, the west only eats chicken, cow or fish, while Asia eats anything, make it vegan but taste exactly to the real thing is a good idea, but how you will sell the meat? i think its better if you open a vegan restaurant that sells vegan food that taste like like whatever meat you want to sell, London, New York, Dubai, Singapore, Shangai, you have plenty of locations to start, the question is, what will be the menu for the opening so you can attract people?

Brahma

kiwifarms.net
I eat a lot of meat. I've tried impossible and some other meat substitutes. They're ok, they taste like beef. I eat a decent amount of waterfowl, deer, I'll give exotics a go if I'm local to them, tried gator in FL, ate some horse in France etc. They're different and could be classified as "an acquired taste". I didn't hate them but I'd need some practise before I relished the idea of another horse steak instead of beef.

My problem with your idea is I don't know wtf a penguin tastes like. Any unpleasant notes in the tasting of your plant based stuff is going to be blamed on it being plant based, even if that unpleasant note is already present in penguin.

Basically, peoples unfamiliarity with what you're trying to imitate is gojng to lead them to blame the plant based nature, not the gaminess or whatever of the real wild animal you're replicating

Gorgar

GORGAR speaks...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a market for whatever product you want to sell.
There is a bunch of animals that can be eaten, the west only eats chicken, cow or fish, while Asia eats anything, make it vegan but taste exactly to the real thing is a good idea, but how you will sell the meat? i think its better if you open a vegan restaurant that sells vegan food that taste like like whatever meat you want to sell, London, New York, Dubai, Singapore, Shangai, you have plenty of locations to start, the question is, what will be the menu for the opening so you can attract people?
Here's the basic gist, I'm not adding stuff that tastes like almost exactly like other animals like Iguanas. When people eat an exotic animal, they want something that is completely off the wall for them. If they walk in the door and eat one of my meats and find that it's similar to any other meat that they can find in their kitchen, what would make them ever come back again?
Still, I'm considering creating a human flesh burger just for the people who want to come over for a challenge as well as for Papua New Guinea. I'm also considering really dangerous meats to eat, but that is extremely popular in some parts of the world like dolphins.
I haven't looked into everything else yet, but I'm looking forward to making PETA friendly versions of ostriches, yaks, bison, buffalos, and hippos.

crapstream

kiwifarms.net
What if you make it taste, feel and look like shit, literary shit.
I seen recently that scat is becoming more popular, John Mcafee and other celebrities do scat sex, I've talked with some friends and they have done it at least a couple of times, even my female friends have told me they tried, maybe it will become a standard thing to do in sex, like ass licking,
but there are some that doesn't find shit a nice thing to eat,
i will never eat fresh shit coming out from someone else butt,

but, if i try some veggie shit meat that taste, feels and looks like shit, i might try scat one day, i will prefer to taste the fake shit first before going for the real one, and maybe one day it will be possible to buy other peoples veggie shit, like Belle Delphine.
806dca504bfc73466bdda0a881a7f59bee-12-belle-delphine.rvertical.w1200[1].jpg

Last edited:

EmuWarsVeteran

Lord Kek's Faithful Servant.
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like a scam to me!

Besides, if you want real ethical meat biorreactors are just about getting to the point where we are starting to find labgrown meat which tastes just like the real thing because it IS the real thing, so no need to bullshit people with fako nut paddies anymore.

So even if you don't get closed for deceptive advertising you're gonna get run over by the biotech companies. Either way, failure awaits.

Going vegan will simply never be cool.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
This is a dumb idea the point of eating an exotic animal is not the taste it's the rarity. A smarter idea is to get some sort of license to raise these animals on a farm and sell them off in small quantities.Like ever October you sell panda and Pumpkien spice steaks.
I wrote a business plan like that for a class in college (it would have actually helped save endangered species via farming them!), and my professor got mad at me.

crapstream

kiwifarms.net
I wrote a business plan like that for a class in college (it would have actually helped save endangered species via farming them!), and my professor got mad at me.

why not put all the endangered species in remote island, like the movie jurassic park

Begemot

Take a vacay, babe/Take it straight to bone town.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds based. As long as carnists and bloodmouths stop hurting animals, I'm 'game'.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No. This completely misses the point of eating exotic meat. It's like making a museum that only displays posters of famous art.
But if it wasn't 2020, I'd say go for it in a place like San Fransisco, you could probably raise $10 million venture capital for this idea easily. Just don't use your own money.

drfuzzyballs

The Farm's #1 sperg
kiwifarms.net
A better idea: Fresh exotic meat
There are already brands of jerky made from python, alligator, etc but I don't care for jerky. put the meat in a can or frozen I'll be a customer.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A better idea: Fresh exotic meat
There are already brands of jerky made from python, alligator, etc but I don't care for jerky. put the meat in a can or frozen I'll be a customer.
Some of that stuff can already be bought in a can.
e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Newport-Jerky-Company-Louisiana-Alligator/dp/B01EG082Y0

As a side note canned and frozen foods* are not considered fresh.

*Freezer section frozen not flash frozen/frozen until it goes in to the butcher display

drfuzzyballs

The Farm's #1 sperg
kiwifarms.net